Time spent 1 hour, 27 minutes
Drawing sessions 5
16 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

by Koiley

Vouno

Postby Koiley » Tue Nov 29, 2011 3:30 pm

This is Vouno, or Vou. I love him very much. <3
I'll probably be fixing up his background tomorrow if I have the time and remember to do it. cX

Name:
Vouno
Vouno means mountain in Greek. This name was inspired by the fact that Apache had based him off of the great russet mountains and the streams of Isket.
To many, his nickname is Vou.
Personality:
Vouno is a very adventurous young Warrior. He has boundless energy at times, and immense curiosity for things. He is a very bright wolf, and is perceptive as well. Vou learns by watching and listening, tending to be a quiet wolf though he is adventurous. He is very loyal, and once you gain his trust he will stick by your side and won’t ever let you down. Though on the inside he is soft and has his insecure moments.
Story/History:
(infant aged)
The first thing I remember is opening my bleary eyes, and taking in a breathtaking view of Isket. Our den, being on a mountain peak, gave me this amazing view. I swept my gaze over the majestic yet eerie forests of the Kronadors, across the vast indigo fields, and occasionally catching a glimpse of the beautiful white of the streams. I took in a quick gasp, the view mesmerizing for my new sight. It was a lot to take in compared to the blackness I’d been experiencing the past few days. I finally came back to the present, my awed moment passing. I turned quickly behind me after hearing a light chuckle, seeing my parents standing there proudly. I tottled over to my mother, who curled around me and whispered; “One day, little warrior, once you are big and strong you will be able to explore every inch of this territory.” And with that exciting thought, I drifted off to sleep.

(teen aged)
I got up early, before anyone else. You see, there was this cave in a part of the forest I’d been forbidden to go into...and today, I planned to go see why it was deemed so “dangerous”. At the time, I was a young and stupid teen, and had little to no common sense. I creeped out of our den, past the snoring sentry, and into the forest. I’d been planning this for a long time, so I knew the route by heart. I was keeping careful watch. In my free time I’d come out here and check for scents, and many times I’d catch a strong and recent Kronador stench. I crept forwards, hearing a rustle of bushes and a snarl, I bolted into the cave. I wasn’t watching where I was going, and before I knew it, I was plummeting down what seemed to be a sort of hole. When I reached the bottom, I landed with a jarring thud and blacked out.
When I came to, a hissed, mocking whisper emanated from the darkness. “Well well well, sleeping beauty woke up, then?” I sat bolt upright, swaying slightly. My head was thumping, and I struggled to think straight “Who’s there?” I called, trying to sound strong and fearless but it was a hard charade to put up. A hulking figure loomed out of the darkness, yellow eyes glaring at me. I was taken back. ‘I’d fallen into this hole..and there happened to be a Kronador in it!? My luck..’ I thought to myself bitterly. Though I was stuck down here with our natural enemy, it was luckily around the same age as myself and not that much bigger. I recognized the scent, this one hung out around the cave a lot. No wonder it fell in here, stupid thing.. “Stay away, scum.” I growled, attempting to stand. My hackles raised, but I was not very steady on my feet yet. I figured it could see how unstable I was, because it laughed cruelly “Are you planning to take me on like that?” It scoffed, it’s coughing laugh echoing around the horrible little black space. At this point, I launched myself at it, finding more strength in my legs than I expected. When I collided with the monster, I could tell it was unprepared. When I began tearing at its neck, it also seemed as though it was a bit malnourished..I figured it had been in this hole for a while. We tussled for a short period of time before tiring each other out and collapsing in a pile. I was panting heavily, the Kronador doing the same. I slid off, glaring at it. We shared a look of realization, before both staggering up and looking up at the hole entrance. With unspoken words, we’d established we’d see who could get out first. I jumped up, scrabbling at the crumbling dark russet dirt. I fell back in a pile of soil, standing up wearily and shaking out my fur. I looked over at the Kronador, watching it attempt to grasp onto a root that was sticking out of the side. The root came flying out of the wall, showering us both with dirt. I spat some soil out of my mouth. “Well this isn’t going to work..” I grumbled. I was overwhelmed, falling back on my rear. “It won’t.” It said, tilting its head in thought “We’re going to have to work together..” I looked up, seeing that the way to the top of the hole was at least two of my heights. I looked back to the Kronador, finally understanding its logic.
A day later, we were still in the hole..We’d been planning a method of escaping this horrible little hole. I hadn’t liked having to cooperate with a Kronador..but it was the only way we’d survive, and it was worth it. Our plan was that I would climb onto its back since it was a bit bigger than me, and I would pull myself out. Then I would throw down a vine from the forest, pulling it up. It was time to try, and the Kronador leaned down to allow me to climb on. It was awkward, but I eventually made it up. The Kronador grunted as I continued telling it to stretch. At this point, I was on my back legs and leaning up against the wall. I reached for the top, but it was only centimeters away. The Kronador gave one last stretch, and I threw one paw up over the edge. My claws gained purchase, and I threw the other paw over and heaved myself up. My back legs scrabbled, and I creeped up over the edge of the hole. I collapsed with the effort, panting heavily. The Kronador’s rough voice reached me “Are you up alright?” It called, clearly out of breath “Yes, I’m getting the vine!” I called back, trotting out of the cave.
The sunlight was bright at first, and I saw my parents sniffing furiously around the cave. They’d later told me they’d been tracking my scent since I’d gone missing. I howled with joy, bounding up to them and rubbing against them. They were welcoming me back, and telling me how much they loved me..but the only thing on my mind right now was getting a vine “I need a vine..” I said to myself, looking around as I pulled away. I had told them I’d meet them back at our den, and they bounded away. I spotted one vine hung in the side of the cave, yanking it out. Luckily, it would be long enough. I rushed back into the cave, looking down to see the Kronador whimpering “What’s wrong?” I asked, spitting the vine out. “I thought you’d left.” It said, joy apparent on its face even from up here. I threw the vine down, waiting for it to grab hold. Once it did, I yanked with all my might. As it was coming up over the lip of the hole, the dirt around the edge started to crumble. I saw what was happening, my eyes widening. The Kronador didn’t notice, trying to make it up still. As it began to fall, I let the vine go and grabbed a hold of its mane with my teeth. I pulled it up over once again, and for the second time we lay in a pile panting heavily. After a while we recovered, staggering to our feet. I gave a smile, wagging my tail slightly “Well, not all Kronadors are bloodthirsty demons.” I said good-naturedly. The Kronador smiled, which soon turned into a smirk. “Look, I don’t need you going around telling how I helped save a wolf.” It snarled, then shoved me hard back towards in the hole and bolted out of the cave. I was hanging by my toes on the edge, and barely holding on. I breathed hard, my feet slightly catching on a ledge. I was surprised but happy to find this. I got a little leverage, kicking and sliding myself once again over the edge of the hole. I stood up, fur tangled and blood pumping. “Apparently Kronadors aren’t thankful either..” I growled to myself before limping out of the cave. They only cared about themselves, and I wasn’t soon to forget it.

Art:
By Blitz
By me
By me
By Chasing Dreams
By ~RunawayWolf~
By me
By ~RunawayWolf~
By me
Koiley

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Vouno

Postby Chasing Dreams » Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:08 am

I am so happy you got him <3
He looks so handsome in these lines ^^'
Chasing Dreams

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Koiley » Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:10 am

Aw thanks, Chase, me too. <3
Thank you he thinks so too. XD
Koiley

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby cherrystarluv » Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:02 pm

D'aww your art is amazing *is a proud stalker*
xxxHello! My name is
cherrystarluv, but I like to be
called Cherry. I don't like to be
called Cherrystarlover. My
favorite color is pink, I love
dogs (I have 2), and I love to
watch TV. I am currently me
and I'm graduating soon.
xxx

✿✿✿

xxxxx

PM

Trade

Shop

Trade

Bid
cherrystarluv

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Koiley » Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:26 am

Thanks! :D
I added a background..it doesn't look the best but I tried. I'm not too good with them to begin with. cX I think I'm gonna just remove it to put a simple color though.
I think Vou likes it anyway. <3
Koiley

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby je ; t a i m e » Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:34 am

You won? Congratulations, Kiley! I knew you'd win all along. ;3