Based on Click to view
Artist xXocea [gallery]
Time spent 21 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
3 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

G-ma's lil Buddie

Postby xXocea » Fri Jan 20, 2017 11:22 am

@Mila_Juniper
    Thank you soooo~ much for making these lines!! It's amazing!! I'm so happy you made them, because as you said there isn't enough birb editables!

@EveryoneElse
    Ok, so this lil bird is an attempt of my late grandmother's bird Buddie (Who has since moved on into the afterlife)
    Obviously this isn't the best representation of him... I don't remember him to a very good extent... I was young. But this is the general look of him. I've used several different references to make him.
    Tried my best to make his feathers look... feathery. So lots of blending and soft brushing and stuff.
    *cough* I may edit him further later on.

Again to @Mila_Juniper Just a suggestion to ways you could improve the birb editable:
    Add some shading, or highlights. It'll really improve the overall editable even without the rest of what I'll mention.
    More detailed lines that define feathers ect.
    Maybe make some lines extent off the wings and tail feathers ect. to make it look less symetrical and that the feathers are a bit ruffled. It looks a bit too perfect.

^^Obviously these are only suggestions. You can do whatever the heck you wanna do! I think it's perfectly fine without all of these things, but it could make some improvements.
xXocea

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: G-ma's lil Buddie

Postby juni.purrs » Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:42 pm

What a cute birb oh my <3

Thank you so much for your kind words, and for the suggestions! I knew eventually that shading/highlights would be a good idea to add, but... I've never been very good at that, so it's a little intimidating, haha.
Could you maybe explain a bit by what you mean for more detailed lines? o: I was going for a more simple, cartoon-ish style, but maybe I can test out the waters with more details!
I agree with it looking a little too perfect, but that's my fault. Bit of a perfectionist, sometimes for the worse.

I will definitely go back in sometime and see if I can do anything to improve it. It might not be for a while, my art muses are very rare these days and I am easily distracted. We'll see! ^^
[/quote="My DragCave Eggs"]
links here
Anyone who could spare the time
to click these babies, it would be
greatly appreciated! <3
[/quote]

a t s

In ancient times,
cats were worshipped as gods;
they have not forgotten this.

>> aka: Mila_Juniper; Blaise
juni.purrs