Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

Eledraan dragons - Editable by Lillekatt

Based on Click to view
Artist Lillekatt [gallery]
Time spent 9 minutes
Drawing sessions 3
11 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Eledraan dragons - Editable

Postby Lillekatt » Wed Apr 03, 2024 8:24 am

Species I made in 2017. I haven't been and won't be using them so they are now free to make.

Usage rules:
• Do not remove or hide my signatures.
You may move them as long as they are visible.
• Do not redistribute the base.
• You can sell/trade them.
• You may take them off-site, just credit me for the base and species.
If on Toyhouse, credit Katt for lines, elsewhere credit Lillekatt.

Design rules:
• They can have any colour and pattern on their body, regardless of element.
• Keep the elements in mind when creating the orbs, they will always have a connection to the dragons element in some way. That could be colour, texture or shape. You can turn them into fireballs, water spheres, jack o'lanterns, change their shape, anything you want, as long as there is some sort of connection to their element(s). Note that orbs must always glow in some way, as that is their life source.
• Make as many edits as you want. Add hair, add more spikes, flames, change shape of ears, tail shoulder spikes, add more orbs, whatever.

What is an Eledraan?
​An Eledraan is a type of dragon with fur, horns and brightly glowing orbs. They have large spikes, or horns, growing on their head, back and tail. They grow to about the size of an African elephant, though some have been seen to grow even larger. The males are slightly larger than a female, other than size, there is no distinctive difference in appearances between them. The female lays 1-3 eggs at a time. The eggs are large and are covered in soft spikes, often emitting a dim glow which hints at the element of the baby. The element they recieve is mostly random, but can be affected by nearby magic.

Brightly glowing orbs shows that an Eledraan is healthy. When an Eledraan gets sick or hurt, emotionally or physically, their orbs will start to fade, causing their powers to lessen. When an orb fades completely, so will the Eledraan. Small wounds or illnesses will only cause a temporary decrease in power. To increase the orb capacity and power they start training at a young age.

They do not eat regular food for nutrition, but instead absorb magic by eating magical plants and crystals. The magic is then stored in the orbs and can be used by the Eledraan. However, if magic is consumed beyond their orb capacity, their magic may become uncontrollable and harmful. The main use of the magic is to sustain themselves and their young ones, but the magic can also be used to control elements and to fly, though flying drains their energy very quickly and they will rarely fly long distances.​​ Some Eledraan of certain, not all, elements may choose to learn healing. However, healing requires extensive and intense training and few choose to learn it even with the possibility.

The elements
Eledraan use their magic to control an element and to fly.

Eledraan are born into a random element, it can however be affected by nearby magic. There are some rare cases in which a baby will be born with 2 elements, often called halflings. Halflings will rarely ever be a master at either of them, but can learn to use both at a decent level. A halfling can only learn healing if both of their elements are capable (see elements below). Their orbs will reflect both elements, they may have orbs that mix togheter or their orbs may look different from eachother.

The elements an Eledraan can have are:
fire
earth
nature*
wind
water*
frost
lightning
shadow
light*

* Eledraan with the elements nature, water or light can learn healing with a lot of dedicated training.

If you want more references for anatomy see links below.
I haven't drawn them a lot, so there's not many images, sorry!
Image Image Image
Icon by sandei.
Sig art by -WanHeda-.
Lillekatt

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Eledraan dragons - Editable