Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

Cat Color in or Reference Sheet (Doesn't have to be purple) by Equid Phantasm

Artist Equid Phantasm [gallery]
Time spent 20 hours, 57 minutes
Drawing sessions 11
180 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Cat Color in or Reference Sheet (Doesn't have to be purple)

Postby Equid Phantasm » Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:35 pm

Edit: 3/26/2024 Hey all you CS fans. I am not fully back to Chicken Smoothie, but I know cat coloring lines are still popular and so I thought I would bump them and let people know about them. The line art is multiple layers, and includes wings and wigs and jewelry, so if you don't want that color or the wig or any of it's features, just edit or hide them as you go in your piece of art except for the signatures as mentioned below. I have severely shortened the post so it's easier to read and just has my key points I'd like understood.
---Not good with art, that's not a problem. I have some alternating days off from work and can do my best to help. So send me a trade offer and we can negotiate a custom artwork for you. I have limited time though, so I can only do one at a time from your concepts.

Rules for use (Yeah, I know, we all hate rules, but meh!)

1. Remember to keep my signature paint pallet icon. (It can be moved or even faded in intensity, but it must be present.
---1A. Also, do not remove the hip signature. You can fade it, or move it around, but it must remain somewhere. I've found these lines once on Deviant without permission and it made me furious.
***You ABSOLUTELY MAY, and please do add your own signature somewhere saying "Colored by or designed by (x)."**
2. COLORING THE SIGNATURES THE COLOR OF THE CAT OR BACKGROUND IS PROHIBITED.
3. The eyes color lock alpha coloring in of my line art is my own art and it is not to be used in contest entries. Note: You may use the lock alpha layer eyes on your own cats, but you must color in your own eyes if entering in contests. I believe contests are just that, a contest of what YOU can create. The same goes for the jewelry, it is for people to use on their own creations, not for people to present as a qualifier in a contest. Simply put... if it's not your creation, then it shouldn't be used as YOUR contest entry.
4. IT IS OK to use my color in eyes or jewels if the character is for yourself or a gift for free but the person who receives the gift cannot use it for profit either.
5. Do not modify the art so completely that the end result is not recognizable as the original lines. See below at the **
6. Do not use these lines for profit meaning no paid for adoptables, art shops or auctions with this line art.
7. All normal Chicken Smoothie Rules apply.
8. Lines must stay within Chicken Smoothie unless otherwise given express written permission to use off site.
9. Required for contest holders: You may use my lines for character contests, however YOU MUST include the following text near or at the top in every contest, see the *** below, thank you:
*** Line art is property of Equid Phantasm and may not be used or sold for profit. Line art is to remain inside Chicken Smoothie and may NOT be used on other websites. PM Equid Phantasm with any questions you have about her line art. Thank you :D ***

Suggestions:
* Please bump this topic. It's fun and easy to use.
* Do recommend this reference sheet to anyone who needs one.
* Do have a lot of fun!

Thank you and enjoy!!!

Equid Phantasm

ADDITIONAL NOTES AS MENTIONED IN RULES:

** It is my line art. It is my opinion that if you can modify it so drastically that it doesn't look at all like my lines, even in a contest, then it should be done in sketches & experiments or intermediate or even contest entries, not drawn on/over my lines. You may however add things, make robotics or put on armor. You may also remove or move the head or paws or move or reverse the lines however you'd like. Some contests don't require the paws or the head shot. If you need to move the cat left or right to add stuff to the background, feel free to do so**

*** For Contest holders: The designs created from the contests are yours once your contest is concluded. However, the line art belongs to me and thus after your contest, you may not use the lines outside of c.s. and may not use them for profit. (Meaning you cannot sell or profit in any way from the designs while they are ON my lines.) You may, however, post them as reference. You must link back to my original or you can create a link or post that links back to my original.
Last edited by Equid Phantasm on Wed Mar 27, 2024 6:53 pm, edited 23 times in total.
Equid Phantasm

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Cat Reference Sheet ready but more to come!

Postby Equid Phantasm » Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:47 pm

Bumping and letting folks know it now has shading and a bandanna added yesterday.

Equid Phantasm
Equid Phantasm

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Equid Phantasm » Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:53 pm

Ok, since no one is reading my very first rule, I have to do this on my own. I am bumping my topic so people can see my cat reference sheet. Normally I don't have to bump my own art but people aren't reading rule 1.

Thank you everyone for your interest in my lineart, be sure to read the rules, I'm very particular with my lines.

Equid Phantasm
Equid Phantasm

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Faeryl » Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:06 pm

must color in when i get to a computer with java i must
[/size]

Those who are heartless once cared to much.
Faeryl

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ZephyrWolf » Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:32 pm

Very nice reference sheet! I think this is the best feline one I've yet to see! Definitely going to use this for a few of my characters as soon as I get the time.

If I may add a suggestion for whenever you have time, I would absolutely love to see a longhair version, and perhaps very sleek (almost siamese-like) lines, though I know that would be much more difficult. Just some ideas :D
ZephyrWolf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Venatici » Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:25 pm

Bump! May use! ;3
(By the way it is very detailed and pretty, I think this is the best feline one here!)
|
|

|

|
|
|

|
|

πšƒπš‘πšŠπšβ€™πšœ πš πš‘πšŠπš πš’πš πš–πšŽπšŠπš—πšœ 𝚝𝚘 πš‹πšŽ πšπš‘πšŽ πšœπšπš›πš˜πš—πšπšŽπšœπš, πšπš˜πšŽπšœπš—β€™πš πš’πš?
πšƒπš˜ πš‹πšŽ πšπš‘πšŽ πš•πš˜πš—πšŽπš•πš’πšŽπšœπš, 𝚊𝚜 πš πšŽπš•πš•.

π™Έβ€™πš– πš—πš˜πš πš•πš˜πš—πšŽπš•πš’ πš πš‘πšŽπš— π™Έβ€™πš– πš πš’πšπš‘ 𝚒𝚘𝚞

───────────────────────────────────── β™₯ ──────
morgan . he/him pronouns
taken β™₯ lgbt+ . blm

gonny b gay β™₯ rose β™₯ bark bark
bean β™₯ kilogram β™₯ giant rat

──────── β™₯ ──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
Venatici

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby redkuchen » Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:27 pm

:O great!!!, I will use!
redkuchen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Equid Phantasm » Sat Jul 21, 2012 1:07 am

Crimson Wings wrote:Bump! May use! ;3
(By the way it is very detailed and pretty, I think this is the best feline one here!)

ZephyrWolf wrote:Very nice reference sheet! I think this is the best feline one I've yet to see! Definitely going to use this for a few of my characters as soon as I get the time.

If I may add a suggestion for whenever you have time, I would absolutely love to see a longhair version, and perhaps very sleek (almost Siamese-like) lines, though I know that would be much more difficult. Just some ideas :D

Thank you so much for the compliments. :D :D :D I am going to be adding bits and pieces here and there, long hair was one of my thoughts, and/or feathering.

It's not actually that hard to do a long hair of this line art but doing a streamlined wedge headed Siamese, yes that would be difficult since they have a completely different bone and musculature structure.

Siamese have 2 types... the type called apple shaped or classic, and then the ones that are longer in the face or wedge shaped. This lineart would be perfect for an classic apple shaped Siamese already as it is but the longer facial structure would require a completely different reference sheet. Myself I prefer the apple headed cats anyhow. The wedge shaped structure makes for a smaller brain and a more self centered personality in the cats. They are less eager to please their owners from what I've seen. I've yet to meet one of the wedge shaped cats that was anywhere near as smart and tractable (trainable or intelligent.) as a apple headed cat of any kind.

Here's the differences though in structure:

Classic
Wedge Head
Equid Phantasm

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Steamturtle » Sat Jul 21, 2012 1:46 am

This is the best cat color-in I've found. It's amazing!
Last edited by Steamturtle on Wed Oct 13, 3933 5:45 pm, edited 42 times in total.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Steamturtle

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby toonful » Sat Jul 21, 2012 2:03 am

editing!!! b.u.m.p.
toonful

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me