Forum rules
Anthro Art must follow our Code of Conduct rules regarding nudity.
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

[RPG] Kalon Summer Event / Over by skylark

Based on Click to view
Artist skylark [gallery]
Time spent 9 hours, 45 minutes
Drawing sessions 16
228 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

[RPG] Kalon Summer Event / Over

Postby skylark » Tue May 16, 2017 10:48 am

[bank roster] [prompts] [map] [instructions] [help]
▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
Across the rocky oceans, cradled by the earth's powerful magic, lives a young, thriving country. The kingdom of Kalokairi, despite its rough start, is a respected territory that grows more and more with each day. Villagers of every trade work alongside their friends and families to support themselves. The economy steadily grows as the kingdom flourishes again from their recent, lengthy depression. As the local communities reach the height of their excitement, the Royal Family decides that a traditional Summer Solstice Celebration is well deserved after all that has happened in recent times. Due to the kingdom's struggling, the festival they would normally have annually has been canceled year after year-- but no, not this year. This new-found peace would ensure a smooth summer and a bountiful harvest.

Everyone was confident that that was the case, until the attacks began. Strange, distorted figures began appearing in random places by the village borders. They showed hostility, but they were at least manageable. Soon though, larger; stronger demons similar to the first few became more frequent. Seemingly overnight they invaded the villages and sapped away the villagers' life energy. Kalons once beaming with life became fragile and weak; unable to perform their roles, and their health in critical condition. The Solstice could not be celebrated, no way; not like this-- and it only grew worse. This dark force seeped all the way up to the head of the Kingdom, the Royal Palace, planting its roots and creating a main source for the demons to travel through and invade. Ever since then, the kalons of this land have lived in a prison governed by the dark force that swallowed the sky, and it feeds on the life energy of the kalons living below. You, my friend, you must embark on a quest to save our kingdom. Prophecy tells of powerful crystals from each element: Wind, Earth, Fire, and Water; that are located in their respected regions. Retrieve them and bring together the ultimate weapon that will unlock the chains that the Darkness has forced upon us. You are our only hope.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
[OBJECTIVE] Gather the elemental crystals to destroy the dark force plaguing the Kalons.
You will be taken on a journey through each of the lands of Kalokairi: The Villages, The Forests, The Lavalands, and the Crystal Cove. There will be daily activities, games, and new faces for your kalons to interact with. See the prompt page and lands (located under this oekaki drawing) to get started! Sign up for the event here.
crystals found: wind, earth, fire, water
Current Land: Land 5 | The Royal Palace.
Last edited by skylark on Thu Jul 20, 2017 5:23 pm, edited 50 times in total.
skylark

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Guidelines

Postby skylark » Sat Jun 24, 2017 2:53 am

Rules & Instructions
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
    • All main kalon rules apply.
    • No gifting/trading tokens. This includes no "combining tokens to buy one item together" as that's considered gifting tokens.
    • Both nonowners and owners can participate! Nonowners, see the FAQ for more info.
    • We would appreciate it if there was no advertising or mini-modding done on this thread so that questions are not skipped over.
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
Guide
This event is mostly prompt and story based, in an RPG style. Most currency will be earned by participating in the daily prompts and challenges, located on the prompt pages and land pages. To get started, register your "player card" (bank) here. From then on you can earn currency and progress through the event with (up to) three of your kalons in your "party". These kalons will be the ones you use in prompts and mini games for the entirety of the event.

Each land has multiple characters which act as "locals" for the area you're in. You can interact with each of the NPC's, and occasionally play mini games with them. There is no one store in this event, but many owned by the NPC's. They all sell different items. The currency is in gems/crystals, and will be represented in images like these:Image

A new land opens every four days. As the event progresses, you will only be able to interact plot-wise with the "current" land that the event is at; meaning you can only earn points/prompt rewards from the land that opened most recently and corresponds with the main timeline. Despite this, you can interact with the NPC's shops and minigames at any time once they've already opened.

Last edited by skylark on Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:06 am, edited 4 times in total.
skylark

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Help/FAQ

Postby skylark » Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:52 am

Help & FAQ
    Nonmembers: You may use Pip, the kalon mascot, as your kalon for the event. When signing up to be included in the event, please just write that you're a nonmember and will have Pip in your party. You may put them in any situation appropriate for the prompts and mini-games, let your imagination go wild!
I've never joined a kalon event before. What should I do? My best advice to you is to read the rules and other things found on this main page thoroughly, and to consult other users or staff who have already done this before for help on getting started if you still don't understand. To sign up for the event, fill out the correct form here and to see the daily prompts for the main storyline, go here. Whichever world has most recently been unlocked is where the event is currently taking place when you join. Hope this helped!

I think I found the store, but I'm not sure. Where is it? This event will be working a bit differently than normal, and we will not have a main shop. Each NPC will have a store that carries different items, so check back at these stores to see if they have the item you're looking for. If not, don't worry, it should come up sooner or later.

When does the event end? The event is running from June 26 to July 16; 21 days. The event will correspond with CS time/roll-over.

What does it mean when a land is "past" or "current"? A land that is labeled current is the land that the event's story is currently taking place in. A land labeled past is one that is no longer where the plot is currently taking place.

I want to interact with the NPC's from a land that we've already passed. Can I? Yes! Even if we've passed the land already, you're more than welcome to go back and interact with NPC's that you may have missed, or just want to go back to to shop from etc.

I know Kalons can't use magic unless they're legendary, but this is an RPG. Can my kalon be a mage? Yes, but if they're not legendary, it is preferred that they use an item that gives them their power. Although this is an AU/event, so we definitely won't be as strict.

Last edited by skylark on Mon Jun 26, 2017 3:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
skylark

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

[RPG] Kalon Summer Event / Day 1

Postby skylark » Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:21 pm

all threads open for posting. (be sure to read the rules etc before you do!)
skylark

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: [RPG] Kalon Summer Event / Day 1

Postby allu » Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:22 pm

mark
*realizes that I was first to mark something for once.*
Last edited by allu on Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

╔══════════════════════════════╗
spectre adult pst they/he bisexual
╚══════════════════════════════╝

╔═════════════════════════╗
hey, i'm spec! i'm your average user with
too much free time. my interests include
drawing, music and gaming. i love crows,
fortnite and ranboo. feel free to PM me!!

╚═════════════════════════╝

allu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Werecat » Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:23 pm

mark
Werecat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ♡Chocolate♡ » Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:24 pm

Mark
♡Chocolate♡

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Levi » Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:25 pm

mark!
Levi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kyar » Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:25 pm

Better get this into my posts - marking! :) I'm SO thrilled for this omg.
Have a good day y'all.
Please contact me here or on TH - I will no longer be using Discord!
Kyar

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby mal du pays » Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:26 pm

tapes self to thread to mark

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

(The figure opens its mouth...)
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Michael (Mal) - He/they/it - adult
the world's most normal petscop enjoyer
I like Deltarune, drawing, warrior cats, and sonic the hedgehog.
werm time

DeerKiri
click my magistream guys pease

Kalons - Storkies
My OCs - My Kalons - Storkies Archive - Stars Archive
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
(You plead for it to stop.)
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
mal du pays

My pets
My items
My wishlist