Sparrow -Chapter 14, Book 1- by Rodii

Artist Rodii [gallery]
Time spent 23 minutes
Drawing sessions 1

Sparrow -Chapter 14, Book 1-

Postby Rodii » Wed Oct 13, 2010 4:03 pm

Sparrow

Chapter 14 --- Wings

Rin kept talking about the rock shaped like a heart. Sparrow was very proud of her daughter. 'I'm so proud to be a mother. I've been through bad things. My family leaving me, my best friend dying, meeting my opposite, getting stuck in the dungeon, getting my tail and ears bitten of a little, having my daughter's father run away, having my pup die, and yet I'm still here. I still have one pup, I learned to fly, I learned some major life lessons, and I am still here. This is my reward. Life is my reward. Thank you for it.' She stared at the sky. It was finally cold again. Was her family going to come back? She didn't care if they did or not. She had her beautiful little girl. Flying, she should teach Rin to fly! Sparrow remembered her family left because Sparrow did not learn how to fly soon enough. Sparrow would never do that to Rin or anyone for that matter.
"Rin, you wanna learn how to fly?" Sparrow looked at Rin with excitement overflowing her eyes. That faded when Rin shook her head. But Sparrow was amazed to see Rin flying in circles above her. "How did you learn?" Rin floated down.
"I watched. I got to hang it! I try to did." Rin yipped excitedly. Sparrow knew her daughter's speech wasn't the best, but she knew that Rin meant, "I watch you. I got the hang of it! I try to do it, and did." Sparrow grabbed on to Rin and stared crying tears of absolute joy and pride. She would never even have to think of leaving Rin behind. Rin licked her mother's arm.
"Mommy, where the dad? I want to show him!" Rin whispered loudly. Sparrow's stomach sank.
"I don't know."
"What?"
"I don't know where your father is, Rin. I'm so sorry. He ran off, and I never saw him again."
"Can you show me?"
"What are you talking about, Rin?" Sparrow was confused. She turned around. There he was, Sparrow's opposite again, but he was talking with his hands. 'Sign language. Rin knows it? I don't even know it! Wow she's smart.'
"Worraps, go away!" Sparrow growled. She was losing her temper, and she didn't want to show Rin her bad side. Worraps laughed, then threw something. It was a scroll. Sparrow turned to look up, but Worraps was gone. Rin spoke.
"That character said that his name was Worraps. He is your exact opposite. He says he knows where Mono is. He knows everything that you don't. Oh ya. He also happened to mention that your family is--" She stopped. Sparrow stared wide-eyed at Rin.
"What? I have to know! That's my family you're talking about."
"I have nothing more to tell."

The conversation ended. After, Rin dropped a scroll hidden in her wings. Sparrow picked it up,and it read:
Hey there Rin,
It's Worraps again. Just want to let you know your dad has made it back to the cave safe and sound. He sends his best wishes and hopes to see you soon. Oh ya, I made a burned path to the cave to see him. As for your other family, they never made it to where they wanted to go. They won't be returning. I'm sorry, I know you wanted to meet them. Well, that's all the information I can offer for now.. -Worraps

After Sparrow had read the scroll, she tore it. Rin just happened to notice it, because there was rage in her eyes, but she said nothing, then walked away. Sparrow noticed that Rin was following the burned path, as read in the note.
'The burned path leads to Mono.. I have to stop her, or go with her. What do I do?' She followed Rin.

"Rin, it's so great to finally see you. Wow, I heard you can fly now. I'm very proud of you, honey bear. Wait, who's with you? I smell another person. Sparrow, why did you come.." Mono's voice echoed the dark cave. Rin turned around, and saw her mother's silhouette in the background.
"Hello Sparrow." moaned Mono.
"Hello Mono." growled Sparrow.

Ooh! Tense in the cave, huh? ;) The last chapter is super intense and awesome, so get ready! Oh yes! For the last chapter, I want everyone to say their favorite characters of the book! :D

Rodii © 2010
Last edited by Rodii on Thu Oct 14, 2010 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage

Rodii

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Sparrow -Chapter 14, Book 1-

Postby Galahads_Grail » Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:10 pm

Yay! Another chapter!