Artist Rodii [gallery]
Time spent 29 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
2 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Sparrow -Chapter 10, Book 1-

Postby Rodii » Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:48 am

Sparrow

Chapter 10 --- Worst Nightmare

This is one of the longer chapters. You should probably read it over a course of time. Thanks for all the comments!

Sparrow woke up, and was ready for another day. Just the day before, her friend Mono had run off after being freed from his prison forever. She knew she would most likely never see him again, but she hoped that wasn't true. She just realized how lonely and alone she was and there was no one. Her mother and sisters were gone, her best friend was gone, Mono was gone, and part of her ear and tail were gone. This was not going very well for Sparrow.
"Hello.. hello.. hello!" Sparrow yelled into the back of the cave. She stared into the darkness, and saw a light.
"Good morning.. morning.. morning..!" replied a voice that was familiar to Sparrow. She laughed.
"Mono! Where did you run off to?"
"Here, after you went to sleep. I was on the other side of the cave. I guess you didn't smell me.. I took a bath in a creek. Now it smells absolutely terrible. I was going to get a drink.." Mono began. Sparrow nudged him in the shoulder. "I'm just glad your back. Go on." Mono nodded.
"I was going to get a drink, when this ember flew into the river. It made a puff of smoke, then went out. After that, the river was just horrid. A bunch of animals were running away, fish were dying, and you have no idea what dead fish and ember smells like. So I just came back here, and you saw the light of my shiny stone over there, and ya. And then I told you this story. I was going to get a drink, when this ember flew into the river.." Sparrow giggled then ran outside. 'Ember.. what's an ember?' She turned around. 'Ah, ember. Fire sparks. Wait, ember! Where is it coming from?' Sparrow kicked Mono with her front paw.
"Ember! That's fire sparks! That must mean.. there's a fire somewhere! We need to find it and put it out!" She ran outside the cave again, and ran into the forest, Mono following closely behind.

Sparrow rushed to the river, where all the water was dried up, and there was many dead fish. It smelled just as Mono had sort of described it. She turned to him. "Are you crazy? Why didn't you put it out?! We are gonna die! You need to find a way to put it out. If only there was another river, or even a creek. Wait! The river where me and my sisters used to play in when we were little.. It's full of water! It never dries out!" Mono nodded, then turned away, sighing. "This is all my fault. Oh well, point me in the direction of the river." Sparrow shook her head.
"You stay here."
"Why should I? I need to stop this fire!"
"You need to make sure the fire doesn't go too crazy. Heck, you need to FIND the fire! And besides, I'm the only one of us who knows where the river is. And I can go there faster by flying."
"Are you sure you can control and find the fire? I mean find and control. Oh whatever! Just go! But what are you gonna get the water with? You didn't think of that did you."
"I'll wing it, Mono! Now go! We don't want everyone else, including ourselves, to die along with the river fish!"
Mono and Sparrow split up.

Sparrow finally found the old river. It was loaded with water, as usual. 'Now what am I gonna use to bring the water to the fire.. that nest! It looks sturdy.' Sparrow jumped the river, with help from her wings to fly, and grasped the nest with her paw. It was very firm. She held it in her mouth, and dunked it in the river, and the water stayed. 'Perfect. Now all I need is to find Mono and the fire, if he hasn't already.' She flew off to find the two.

Mono searched, and found burnt ground where embers must have burned. He looked up, and there it was. It was like an a forest fire to him, but it was must worse. This fire was quickly turning into an inferno, wiping out the trees and vegetation. He thought he was next, until Sparrow came. She was flying nearly at lightspeed, putting out the fire with her nest. He knew at that point that she was faster than him, without a doubt. Then she noticed that she paused to smile and wink at him. Mono felt fuzzy inside.
"Sparrow, I'll find something to help calm it down, like you asked!" Mono screeched. By the look of it, Sparrow heard him, because she tossed him something. Was this.. wings? Her wings? He looked up. She was still zipping across the hazy orange, almost red sky. He threw them over his back. The wings seemed to know exactly what to do, because they were on him. He grabbed an empty nest, and tried to join her. He ran like a bird, and jumped. He was zipping across the sky, right below to Sparrow, crashing and falling, but flying. He never felt to amazing.

"I guess you have the hang of it, Mono." Sparrow giggled, watching Mono crash into bushes and trees far below. "Aim your muzzle upwards. It might help a little. It didn't help me, but I've seen my mother and sisters do it to get higher." It finally hit Sparrow like the fire that her mother and sisters were gone. Was she ever going to see them again? She remembered her mothers words faintly.. then they were gone. She would never know. But, something inside of her felt that if she could be with Mono, she would be safe. Then she noticed he was right beside him. They crashed, and fell down into the flames that would take them away forever.....

Nice way to end it huh? Suspense, suspense! Hope I got a few more readers with this chapter. With the book almost dog, I'm going to end the book in a very exciting way with some of our CS dogs! That's all I'll spoil for now. ;)

Rodii © 2010
Last edited by Rodii on Mon Oct 11, 2010 12:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage

Rodii

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Sparrow -Chapter 10, Book 1-

Postby Daisy May » Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:02 am

Wow.....amazing.....thats all I can say. :D :D
Daisy May

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Cute Without The E » Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:04 am

SSOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOCCUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm happier now.

(Recovering from pneumonia)
Cute Without The E

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby hi_wraith » Sun Oct 10, 2010 1:36 am

That was amazing.
hi_wraith

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Rodii » Sun Oct 10, 2010 3:02 pm

Glad so many people like it! I'm gonna do a HUGE twist to the story line, so hang on to your seats fans! I hope more people come around for book 2! It should be done by October 13, if not sooner! I am really trying to get the rest of the chapters done. ;)
ImageImageImage

Rodii

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Galahads_Grail » Mon Oct 11, 2010 12:03 pm

OH MY GOSH! OH MY GOSH! THIS IS EPIC!!!!!!!! :lol: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :D :D :D :D :) :) :) :) :) :) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :P :P :P :P :P :P :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :clap: :clap: :clap:
ImageImageImage ImageImage
Galahads_Grail

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Rodii » Mon Oct 11, 2010 12:10 pm

Horse_Dancer wrote:OH MY GOSH! OH MY GOSH! THIS IS EPIC!!!!!!!! :lol: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :D :D :D :D :) :) :) :) :) :) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :P :P :P :P :P :P :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Thanks, but don't abuse the smileys. :)
ImageImageImage

Rodii

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me