Welcome to Button House (A Ghosts-Inspired Roleplay) (Open!)

For roleplays featuring human or human-like characters which are based on a book/movie/tv show/band e.g. Twilight, Harry Potter, Hunger Games, One Direction etc.
Forum rules
Remember, all content must remain child-friendly at all times!
Users breaking this rule by using foul language, roleplaying explicit sexual scenes, excessive violence/torture, non-consensual 'romance', or other adult themes may be banned.

Please remember to read all the rules stickied at the top of the board before participating in any roleplays.

Re: Welcome to Button House (A Ghosts-Inspired Roleplay) (Op

Postby Spiritstar3 » Sun Nov 26, 2023 12:58 pm

Amelia Strand- Mel- f- 24 y- Pan; open- SO open- no kids- Flatcoat Retriever poodle mix seizure alert dog Benji- degree in dog training- dad x mom: three brothers, two sisters- Tags: Juliet, Neptune

The brunette shrugged, then nodded to the other young woman. She made a small sound when Benji reminded her he was there. Sometimes, she forgot about her own dog. He was a seizure alert dog, so he focused on her and only her. Of course...people could distract him if they really wanted to. Which could get them in trouble, as he needed to alert to the seizures. She had bad enough ones most of the time that she needed the dog. Shaking her head, she watched Neptune go back to the car.

She looked to Juliet again, saying "I suppose so." She then watched the other hurry into the house, and she sighed a bit. Well, she supposed this was a very exciting time. The house was quite large and nice, and using it as a bed and breakfast or such would bring in money. Plus, they got to live in it themselves. She thought back to the place she'd been living. Yes, this place was far nicer than there. She headed back for her luggage, bringing it in and leaving it in the entry area/foyer.

Siris Wicket- m- 35 y- 1888 ghost- able to flicker lights- homosexual; Theodore- SO open- never had kids- worked for well known family, taking care of horses; the family also had four hunting dogs- Tags: Theodore, Thomas

The tanned male let gray eyes wander to Thomas, first. The other was much younger than him and Theodore; well, maybe not terribly much. He didn't remember what year it had been. They were ghosts now, anyway, so it hardly mattered. They would no longer age, they'd be around for centuries. Still, the other had become a ghost at a younger age than he or Theodore. Shaking his head, the dark haired one looked at Thomas. He then raised a hand to wave at him, before looking at Theodore.

He'd asked a couple questions, but assumed Theodore meant he wasn't fine. The curly haired one let out a small sigh at this fact. He said "I'm sorry, Theodore..." He glanced around the room a small moment, then looked up again. "What? New humans?" he asked the inspector. He looked out a window, just catching sight of someone entering the house. He made a small sound of worry at this. True, the other owner had been pretty nice and fun, but...Theodore didn't sound too happy right now.

He asked "Why are they here?" and tilted his head.

"Did the former owner tell someone about this place?" he then asked.
Spiritstar3

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

vincent ▶ 001

Postby bigwig. » Sun Nov 26, 2023 5:47 pm

𝐕𝐈𝐍𝐂𝐄𝐍𝐓 𝐒𝐀𝐕𝐀𝐆𝐄
    he/him1980s ghostlocation: back gardentags: open (juliet & other humans mentioned)
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
    Things were finally starting to look up around here. This old, dusty house had finally kicked its old, dusty owner, and now there was nothing left to do but celebrate. They finally had the place all to themselves. Of course, much to his chagrin, Vincent would never truly have the house to himself, but now at the very least he had one less housemate to worry about. If he could, he probably would've been celebrating by trashing the place, throwing plates at the walls with the destructive glee of a toddler left home alone by its parents. It was probably for the better, then, that he couldn't - if there was anybody left who cared, of course. In the absence of any ability to aggressively redecorate the house, Vincent was outside - laying on the walkway in the back garden, arms behind his head, sunning himself as if he could actually feel the warmth of the sun on his skin. He could still imagine it, but the memory felt faint and distant, leaving him wondering if it was even still accurate after all these years. He was sure the concrete underneath him was warm as well, soaking up the sun just enough to be a little bit warm but not hot enough to burn your feet if you stepped on it.

He wobbled his knee back and forth restlessly as he gazed up at the clouds, before closing his eyes contentedly for a few moments. Vincent enjoyed the soft murmuring of the wind as it very gently rustled the foliage in the back garden. Not really his kind of sound, but it was better than listening to his housemates bicker. Nice to have nobody bothering him for once. Just as he thought that, he heard the sound of someone walking around in the kitchen, and he sat up a little, wondering who it was. Hopefully they weren't coming to bother him for some inane reason. Thankfully, the footsteps stopped right at the door, before turning and going back the way they came. Vincent gave a little "Hmm." and laid his head back down, ignoring it for now. Who was tromping around in the kitchen right now anyways? Ah, it didn't matter. Vincent stubbornly didn't want to be bothered and wasn't going to engage with them anyways. He was deliberately tuned out, to the point he hadn't even reacted to the sounds of Theodore's distant shout and commotion inside, assuming it was probably not worth his time.

He surely had no idea what kind of surprise was waiting for him just on the other side of the kitchen door!
bigwig.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

thomas ✭ 002

Postby bigwig. » Mon Nov 27, 2023 7:25 pm

𝐓𝐇𝐎𝐌𝐀𝐒 𝐇𝐀𝐂𝐊𝐍𝐄𝐘
    he/him1940s ghostlocation: upper drawing roomtags: theodore, siris
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
    "Really?" Living people? Moving in? So Thomas' eyes hadn't deceived him - he must have actually seen a car out the window earlier. Well, this was an interesting development. Thomas quickly trotted past Theodore to the window, peering outside to confirm his suspicions. Sure enough, there was not one but multiple vehicles in the driveway, indicating that there were actually several people here. However, Thomas couldn't see anyone outside, which implied they were already in the house. Thomas wondered how many new residents they were looking at - was it a large family, or just someone who'd recruited some of their friends to help them move in? It would be interesting if it was a family. There had been only one person here for so long; what might it be like to have a bunch of people running around again? Thomas could picture children playing outside in the back garden, parents preparing holiday meals in the spacious kitchen, and maybe dogs or even a cat pattering around the place excitedly. It was an idyllic, idealistic image of a family, invoking a pang of profound sadness in the man who had imagined it.

After all these years, Thomas could hardly imagine this gaggle of ghosts being able to handle something like that! Most of them would probably just be mad that their peace and quiet was interrupted. And what if it wasn't a family? What if someone wanted to tear down the building or remodel the home? The young pilot turned away from the window, looking back at Theodore and Siris. "You really think they'd be moving in already?" He asked, in his distinct cockney accent. His tone wasn't particularly hostile or excited, but rather just curious. They hadn't seen any signs of someone getting ready to move in yet, so maybe Theodore was just being paranoid? Maybe they were home inspectors or just a group of potential buyers coming to check out the place. But what did they do about that? Thomas had a feeling that some of them weren't going to be likely to accept new residents regardless of who they were, and even Thomas could admit he was trepidatious about the prospect. What would become of their home?
bigwig.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TheRegularTerrarian » Tue Nov 28, 2023 10:50 am

Emmett Brown | East Wing, Upper Drawing Room | Tags: Agnes, Theodore, Thomas, Siris
Upon hearing Agnes, he turns to her. "Ah, Agnes! Theodore has called an emergency meeting in the Upper Drawing Room! Sorry I can't tell you more, but I must make sure everyone attends!" He hurriedly waves and continues his way down the halls, looking for any other ghosts. After having gone through the East Wing making sure to alert all the ghosts he could, he quickly stopped off at the garage where an 'old memory' was. He looks at it, sighing. "If only I got to use that thing... What a shame... I better get back to Theodore though. Whatever he has to say must be important!" He quickly returns to the Upper Drawing Room to find that he had spent longer than he thought gazing upon his old invention. Luckily he arrives right as the humans were mentioned. "Great Scott! Humans?" He practically shouts as he makes his way into the room. He stares out of the window that Theodore was looking out of and he sees the cars parked outside. "Why, it's true! But why are so many people here? I don't recall the owner having had any children of their own... Just who are these people?"
TheRegularTerrarian

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby onion » Thu Nov 30, 2023 10:39 am

hisakawa nozomi / 25 / pansexual / living
tags: open

the girl in the red visor and white spaghetti strapped tank stepped out of the van, hopping to the ground in crimson sandals. who cared what the weather was like?- for nozomi, it was important to always be fashionable!
she left for the trunk and pulled out two suitcases, one black and another white. then, with a slam to the door of that, mimi returned to the passenger side of the van.
"hey uh... thanks. for bringing me here," she started to her mother, hisakawa yuna, who looked distraught and frazzled, but also calm somehow.
"now dont start with me girl, you know i would take you anywhere in a heartbeat. this place just always gave me the creeps, thats all."
"i know! but it doesnt bother me like... ill be fine. trust. kay?"
the girl leaned in for a quick kiss on the cheek before waving goodbye and shutting the door a little less loudly than the trunk.
nozomi turned her back as the van took off and she began up the steps of the button house. she set down the black suitcase so she could open the door which was bigger than she expected, but she still managed it.
once open, she quickly grabbed the bag and headed inside and into the foyer.
immediately, nozomi was enamored by the architecture and design of the ceiling. it was so quaint yet fancy too.
"heyoooo!" she called out to her friends. "you guys here yet?"
onion

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Consulting_Angel » Sat Dec 02, 2023 1:09 pm

Juliet Reinhart
Tagged: Vincent (unknowingly)
Although she'd intended to track back through the kitchen and explore the rest of the house, Juliet suddenly felt an urge to go out into the garden. It wasn't clear why, but she relented and moved back to the door. She unlocked it, and pulled it open - stepping out into the back garden. It was vast, with a large, rectangular pond off to one side - which must have its own filtration system or something, as it looked surprisingly clean, save for several lilypads on one side of it - and a path that led to the side of the house and presumably to the front. There was also a square section of hedges, which had a small, broken fountain in the centre of it and a couple of statues. The garden was, overall, slightly overgrown and in need of some care. She was quite glad that she'd decided to come outside after all.

"Wow..." she murmured, as she started to walk around the garden. "I bet we could fit a marquee here, and host loads of events. Fix up the fountain and that area would make a great attraction!" Juliet planned out loud, envisioning her ideas. It didn't seem like too difficult of a fix - except, perhaps, the fountain - and using the garden as an events space seemed like a great money maker. "We'd have to make sure the house works as a hotel first, of course..." Juliet added to her musings. It was a plan she'd thought of not long after finding out she'd inherited the house. Even with three friends, it was too big for just them. And they needed some way to ensure money was being brought in.

Theodore Carter
Tagged: Doc Brown, Siris, Thomas
He waited as a couple of the other ghosts entered the room. He noticed the distinct lack of a certain punk rocker, but decided that it might be for the best. Theodore did not want to deal with Vincent's comments and disrespect at a time like this. He could already imagine what the other ghost would say, and that was more than enough. He continued to watch outside, as yet another vehicle pulled up and someone else stepped out with some luggage. That seemed to settle it. He answered the various questions, one by one. Glancing towards Siris, Theodore shook his head. "Some estate people would have done so, I imagine. I haven't seen any of these people before." he replied, though he wasn't too sure in his answer himself. Then, towards Thomas, the young soldier, Theodore nodded, more certain this time. "It looks like they've got suitcases with them - and a lot." he said. Finally, with the Doc, Theodore stepped away from the window. "Unfortunately, I don't think we'll get many answers here. An interrogation of sorts is in order."

Of course, there was no way a typical interrogation could take place, even as much as Theodore wanted to conduct one. After all, the alive humans couldn't see or hear them, unless one of the ghosts made use of their ability, but even that wasn't a guaranteed thing. This would take some consideration. "We must find out why and how they're here. And figure out a way to get them to leave. Who knows what they might do to this house - we've been here longer."
Perhaps his declaration was a little extreme, and most certainly going to be very difficult to carry out. But he was determined.
Consulting_Angel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Spiritstar3 » Sun Dec 03, 2023 11:13 am

Amelia Strand- Mel- f- 24 y- Pan; Nozomi- SO open- no kids- Flatcoat Retriever poodle mix seizure alert dog Benji- degree in dog training- dad x mom: three brothers, two sisters- Tags: Juliet, Neptune, Nozomi

The brunette hummed a small sound, watching the two others. She watched Neptune go off into the house somewhere. She then watched as Juliet headed outside. She tilted her head a bit, then shook her head a couple times. She sighed and went back to her luggage, not just wanting to leave it. She didn't know why, but she was kind of getting an odd feeling now. She sighed and scolded herself. There should be no one else in the house but the three of them...make that four. Just as she was thinking this, she heard another vehicle. She then heard as Nozomi called out from the front of the house. "We're in here!" she called to the other. She wandered back towards the foyer and a sitting room.

Nozomi should be able to hear her from there, from where Nozomi was. She hummed quietly, and looked down at the dog. Again, she'd forgotten he was there, as she'd looked around. Now, she smiled and patted the seizure alert dog. He yipped and leaned into it, wagging his tail. He had a curly haired tail, not like a flatcoat as it was curly haired, but also longer than a poodle. She smiled as she looked at the dog. She then waited for Nozomi to come into the house.

Siris Wicket- m- 35 y- 1888 ghost- able to flicker lights- homosexual; Theodore- SO open- never had kids- worked for well known family, taking care of horses; the family also had four hunting dogs- Tags: Theodore, Thomas

The tanned male let gray eyes wander towards the window again. He heard yet another car coming up to the house. He made a small sound, and stared down towards where the cars were. He shook his head, and looked away again. He looked to Theodore, Thomas, and Doc as he returned. He looked around but didn't see Vincent. He honestly found himself relieved over this fact, and sighed a bit. He scolded himself silently, then looked to Theodore again. He nodded and said "That makes sense, I suppose." He then fell silent for a bit, before tilting his head. "We...how are we meant to interrogate them?" he asked. He looked around as Theodore mentioned dealing with the humans.

He was pretty sure Vincent would have a field day with this one. He thought so, anyway, but Vincent hadn't shown up to their meeting. Shaking his head, he said "I guess we could scare them out. I could flicker the lights, that would at least get them questioning things." He knew some of the others had powers as well. He looked to Theodore for approval or disapproval. Flickering the lights may not actually do anything...The humans might just change the bulbs or something.
Spiritstar3

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby onion » Sun Dec 03, 2023 5:10 pm

hisakawa nozomi / 25 / pansexual / living
tags: amelia

mimi sighed and let go of the black suitcases handle. she put her free hand on her hip and took a big inhale as she looked around the foyer. it was all woody with fancy flooring, and honestly the place smelled like it needed cleaning to her. but that could be taken care of later because...
"oh em gee!" she shouted with a little cry of happiness as she say amelia turn the corner.
"mel!"
nozomi instantly clung to the other woman, hugging her oh so tightly as she rocked back and forth. she had missed this girl so much it had killed her!
seeing as the two hadnt seen one another since highschool, it really had been forever and a day. nozomi pulled back and grinned, but then it faded to a soft pout.
"heeeey, did you go and get hotter than me while i was gone?" she teased, though half serious, then broke into laughter as she pulled her visor down.
mimi then completely let go of amelia and looked back at her bags.
"soooooo wheres everyone else?" she smiled and glanced at the girl, taking in another sniff of the house.
"ugh, this place needs some renovating. im sure we can clean up though! no biggie!"
onion

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby grmlnbstrd » Tue Dec 05, 2023 9:36 am

Neptune Tretiak they/them
tags: Nozomi, Juliet, Amelia

Putting down the rest of their luggage, Neptune hears a squealing commotion from the foyer.
"Oh my god is Nozomi here?" They yell in excitement, running out of the front room to greet their friend. Screaming in delight upon seeing Nozomi, Neptune pulls the younger girl in for a hug. "It's nice to see you again, isn't this place amazing? I have so many ideas!"
"You need any help with your bags? I just have all of mine in the front room."

Agnes Saunders she/her
tags: other ghosts

"Oh!" Agnes jogged past Doc and towards the direction of the drawing room. Stumbling over her skirts and through the wall, Agnes fell into the drawing room. "Oh hello lads" Agnes greeted Siris, Thomas and Theodore. Pushing herself back to her feet and reflexively brushing imaginary dirt off her apron. "Doc told me Theodore called a meeting" Walking towards the window that the other ghosts were staring out of.
"What in the great heavens are those?" Agnes exclaimed, looking bewildered over the vehicles parked in front of the house. "Are those... Those um car thingies? How in god's name did that get here?" Stammering in surprise, Agnes turned towards Theodore as the realisation dawned on her. "There's new humans in the house."
➤➤➤𝐎𝐍 𝐀
███████
i go by grem or vex, adult
i love gaming and ttrpgs
classic rock and vintage fanatic
---- my art - pronouns.cc ----
███████
xxxxxxxxx
𝑺𝑻𝑨𝑹───
──𝐓𝐇𝐄─── ✘✘✘✘✘
grmlnbstrd

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Spiritstar3 » Tue Dec 05, 2023 12:19 pm

Amelia Strand- Mel- f- 24 y- Pan; Nozomi- SO open- no kids- Flatcoat Retriever poodle mix seizure alert dog Benji- degree in dog training- dad x mom: three brothers, two sisters- Tags: Neptune, Nozomi

The brunette hummed a small sound and continued to look around. She could go upstairs next, or maybe go outside as Juliet had. Shaking her head, she got into her own thoughts. Trying to figure out what to do next, where to go next. There seemed just so much to explore anyway. She then gasped as she heard the cry of her name, and then Nozomi was hugging her. She felt her heart begin to beat faster at the closeness of the other. Even in high school, she'd been attracted to her. She'd just...never said anything. Granted she'd been shy and nervous in high school. It was only once starting college that she'd finally come out of her shell. Now, it felt like high school all over again, as she clammed up and felt shy.

She shook her head at the other, saying "N...No, you're still very hot." She then squeaked and blushed, scolding herself and looking down. She was about to answer when Neptune came in. They pulled Nozomi away, and Amelia almost felt jealous. That feeling quickly went away, as Neptune was actually helping. Nozomi wouldn't see the blush or possibly feel the racing pulse now. She nodded as she looked at them both. "Either way, we'll have to clean it up anyway, but it should be doable."

The tanned male let gray eyes wander towards the window again. He heard yet another car coming up to the house. He made a small sound, and stared down towards where the cars were. He shook his head, and looked away again. He looked to Theodore, Thomas, and Doc as he returned. He looked around but didn't see Vincent. He honestly found himself relieved over this fact, and sighed a bit. He scolded himself silently, then looked to Theodore again. He nodded and said "That makes sense, I suppose." He then fell silent for a bit, before tilting his head. "We...how are we meant to interrogate them?" he asked. He looked around as Theodore mentioned dealing with the humans.

He was pretty sure Vincent would have a field day with this one. He thought so, anyway, but Vincent hadn't shown up to their meeting. Shaking his head, he said "I guess we could scare them out. I could flicker the lights, that would at least get them questioning things." He knew some of the others had powers as well. He looked to Theodore for approval or disapproval. Flickering the lights may not actually do anything...The humans might just change the bulbs or something.

(Going to leave this for Theodore and the others, but I'll answer Agnes and everything once they're posted)
Spiritstar3

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me