Welcome to Button House (A Ghosts-Inspired Roleplay) (Open!)

For roleplays featuring human or human-like characters which are based on a book/movie/tv show/band e.g. Twilight, Harry Potter, Hunger Games, One Direction etc.
Forum rules
Remember, all content must remain child-friendly at all times!
Users breaking this rule by using foul language, roleplaying explicit sexual scenes, excessive violence/torture, non-consensual 'romance', or other adult themes may be banned.

Please remember to read all the rules stickied at the top of the board before participating in any roleplays.

vincent ▶ 002

Postby bigwig. » Tue Dec 05, 2023 1:30 pm

𝐕𝐈𝐍𝐂𝐄𝐍𝐓 𝐒𝐀𝐕𝐀𝐆𝐄
    he/him1980s ghostlocation: back gardentags: juliet, other humans mentioned
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
    Vincent was continuing to relax in the sunny yard when he heard the back door open. He opened his eyes and leaned up, angry to be disturbed again, and was greeted by an entirely unfamiliar face. He was certainly taken aback, but still reacted more with indignation than anything. "And who the hell are you?" Vincent scoffed as he propped himself up into a sitting position. The young woman didn't answer, just began to wander about the back garden, stepping right through Vincent as she did so. So, she couldn't hear him, or see him...or touch him. Well, it didn't take a genius to put the pieces together and figure out what was going on here. Vincent should've known it the moment he heard the door click - a ghost had no need to unlock doors. Vincent looked after the girl for a moment, completely dumbfounded. When had living people suddenly shown up? And more importantly, what the hell was she doing here? The decades-old ghost pushed himself off the ground and stood up, pronouncing with exasperation, "You've gotta be kidding me." Of course, just when it seemed like things were finally starting to take a turn for the better. Even in death, Vincent just couldn't catch a break, could he?

He watched the stranger meander through the garden, taking in the sight as she thought out loud to herself. It was obvious enough she'd never been here before, but Vincent's worst fears were confirmed when he heard her speak - in fact, it was even worse than he'd thought. Actually, at first, hearing her talk about a hotel seemed a little promising. Maybe that wouldn't be as bad as just having new people move in; at least there might be some excitement around here for once. Vincent had some fond memories of trashing expensive hotels and getting kicked out of fancy lobbies, after all. But of course this old house was much more suited to be a stuffy bed and breakfast with dreadfully dull garden parties instead. If he had to watch some posh young couple with too much money host a trite wedding in this back garden, he'd find a way to throw up from beyond the grave. "This is not happening." Vincent signed angrily, turning to go inside. As much as he didn't always get along with the other ghosts, maybe someone had a plan? It might not be a good plan, but they couldn't just let this awful hotel idea come to fruition.

Vincent trotted into the kitchen, where he realized he could hear more voices outside. Wait...were there more? God, it just got worse by the minute!
bigwig.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

thomas ✭ 003

Postby bigwig. » Tue Dec 05, 2023 8:42 pm

𝐓𝐇𝐎𝐌𝐀𝐒 𝐇𝐀𝐂𝐊𝐍𝐄𝐘
    he/him1940s ghostlocation: upper drawing roomtags: group of ghosts
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
    As the group were conversing, more ghosts began to arrive - first Doc returned, then Agnes came after, stumbling a bit as she passed through the doorway. Thomas' focus remained more fixed on the new arrivals, however. As he stared out the window, Thomas saw yet another car pull in, this time dropping someone off - it looked like a young woman. Thomas watched with a sort of dreamlike expression, intrigued but uncertain. Everyone had their own questions, and most of them simply couldn't believe what they were seeing. Thomas didn't really think anybody knew what to do next; no-one had been prepared for this, especially not so soon. Theodore, however, seemed to be taking charge of the situation - which wasn't unusual, as he had always fancied himself something of an authority figure around here. Not everybody agreed with him (and Thomas certainly noticed that Vincent of all people was conspicuously absent from this meeting), but for better or for worse he was most often the one to lead them. Thomas, for his own part, almost never argued with him. Of course, he didn't really like confrontation in general, but he felt like Theodore was usually a reasonable enough fellow.

When Theodore announced they would have to 'interrogate' the living people, Thomas nodded affirmatively. However, he also glanced around a little, wanting to see how everyone else was going to react. Well, Thomas wasn't about to ignore an order, although he thought it was a bit premature to say they had to get them to leave right away. Maybe they wouldn't be so bad; perhaps everyone just needed a little bit of time. Although, Thomas would have been lying if he'd said he wasn't somewhat worried about the prospect, especially since they didn't know anything about these people or what they really had in mind for the home. Well, that was why they needed to find out, he supposed. "Yessir." Thomas said. "I can go down there right away and see what they're up to, if you'd like." Thomas volunteered. He was a bit interested to learn more about the humans that were moving in, anyways. Of course, it was possible everyone else was having the same sort of idea, but Thomas thought they might be able to focus more of they were split up. All of them together would likely get distracted from their goal much too easily.
bigwig.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Welcome to Button House (A Ghosts-Inspired Roleplay) (Op

Postby TheRegularTerrarian » Tue Dec 05, 2023 10:11 pm

Emmett Brown | Upper Drawing Room | Tags: Theodore, Siris
He waits for Theodore to reply to his question, and then says "You're right! Standing around won't answer our questions, we need to find out what these people are doing as soon as possible! Now... I say we start by watching them! We should find out a thing or two about their motives if we hang around long enough." He listens to Siris as he suggests using their powers to scare them. "Of course! Perhaps we should try and scare them out! However you may be right... What if they simply change the bulbs? Theodore, I think your judgement would be vital in this situation."
TheRegularTerrarian

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Consulting_Angel » Wed Dec 06, 2023 6:04 am

Juliet Reinhart
Tagged: Vincent (unknowingly),
After her trek through the garden, Juliet went back inside and explored the rest of the ground floor of the eat wing - at least, what was beyond the kitchen. There wasn't too much to note, a large, spacious bathroom and a few bedrooms that already had a few basic furniture pieces - four poster beds, bedside tables and a dresser. How very convenient, if a little dusty. Some sprucing up and updating would make them perfect as guest bedrooms - and the extra corridor that bypassed the kitchen was great.

As she reentered the Foyer, she lit up, seeing Nozomi had arrived, and the others had also gathered in the Foyer. "Nozomi! Glad you made it!" Juliet greeted. "So... what do you all think? I've already explored the ground floor east wing - I cannot believe there's still the rest of the house to check out." she grinned brightly, excited about the possibilities. Sure, there was a lot of cleaning to do, and she definitely wanted to try and get the fountains repaired. She wouldn't be surprised if there were a few other repairs that would need to be done, but she could think about that later.

Theodore Carter
Tagged: Doc Brown, Siris, Thomas,
Agnes
"Indeed there are, Agnes." Theodore confirmed. Normally, he'd be a little annoyed about having to repeat himself, but Agnes was one of a few that he had plenty of patience for, and quite respected. "I was just saying that we need to figure out why they're here - and see if we can drive them out. Who knows what they may well be up to?" he explained to her. As Siris questioned how they were meant to interrogate the alive humans, Theodore hummed for a few moments, thinking, before saying, "It'll be more of a case of hoping we hear them say what they are planning. I had excellent interrogation skills when I was alive - solved many a case with them!" he trailed off as he thought about it, and then quickly refocused.

Turning towards Thomas as he offered to go down and see what they were doing, Theodore smiled warmly. "That would be wonderful, if you do not mind. Report back once you find out anything significant." he said to the soldier, glad that there was some action taking place.
He listened as the eccentric scientist also spoke, requesting his judgement in whether the ghosts should also use their abilities, if they had any. Theodore nodded in confirmation. "If they were to change the bulbs and they kept flickering, they would surely know that something else is up. However, use your abilities sparingly, we wouldn't want anyone to wear themselves out. Perhaps we keep an eye on them, and then split up if they do as well - see what each of them do on their own."
Consulting_Angel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Spiritstar3 » Wed Dec 06, 2023 11:54 am

Amelia Strand- Mel- f- 24 y- Pan; Nozomi- SO open- no kids- Flatcoat Retriever poodle mix seizure alert dog Benji- degree in dog training- dad x mom: three brothers, two sisters- Tags: Neptune, Nozomi, Juliet

The brunette hummed a small sound and continued to look around. She could go upstairs next, or maybe go outside as Juliet had. Shaking her head, she got into her own thoughts. Trying to figure out what to do next, where to go next. There seemed just so much to explore anyway. She then gasped as she heard the cry of her name, and then Nozomi was hugging her. She felt her heart begin to beat faster at the closeness of the other. Even in high school, she'd been attracted to her. She'd just...never said anything. Granted she'd been shy and nervous in high school. It was only once starting college that she'd finally come out of her shell. Now, it felt like high school all over again, as she clammed up and felt shy.

She shook her head at the other, saying "N...No, you're still very hot." She then squeaked and blushed, scolding herself and looking down. She was about to answer when Neptune came in. They pulled Nozomi away, and Amelia almost felt jealous. That feeling quickly went away, as Neptune was actually helping. Nozomi wouldn't see the blush or possibly feel the racing pulse now. She nodded as she looked at them both. "Either way, we'll have to clean it up anyway, but it should be doable."

She looked up as Juliet returned back to them, now. "I haven't really seen much of the house yet, just the kitchen and foyer and a sitting room. It's a pretty nice place, though. Maybe...maybe we should go upstairs now and check it out?" she asked.

Of course, they didn't have to all go. There wasn't really much to see down here though, unless some of them went outside to see the garden. Juliet had already been there, so she could check out the upstairs. Amelia wanted to stay near Nozomi, but if they had to split up she wouldn't argue.

Siris Wicket- m- 35 y- 1888 ghost- able to flicker lights- homosexual; Theodore- SO open- never had kids- worked for well known family, taking care of horses; the family also had four hunting dogs- Tags: Theodore, Thomas

The tanned male blinked gray eyes as he looked at Doc and Agnes. He nodded to Agnes, saying "Good day, Agnes." That was all he really could say to her, as Theodore was answering her. He then thought of something, and looked at her. "We're trying to figure out how to deal with the situation, Agnes." He then looked to Thomas, and said "You could try talking to Vincent. You don't have to...but maybe he heard something. I feel like he's probably somewhere downstairs. That's where all of them are at too. Thus, he may have said something, but...we all know how he can be..." He shook his head a couple times. He then turned his attention back to Doc and Theodore, and nodded to the both of them.

"Oh, yeah...maybe we should just watch them first and not use our powers yet, then. They may have good intentions for this place. I...don't know, I kind of miss the old owner. There's a lot more of them this time, though..." He shook his head a couple times, then wondered to himself. Were they supposed to each choose a human to follow? Well, Thomas still needed to go down there and listen, first. See if he could pick up any Intel from them. Then he'd report back, then they could decide what to do next. He hummed a small sound, and looked at the others. "We're going to wait for Thomas to collect some Intel. After he comes back, though, if we follow the humans, should we all split up or go in pairs?" he asked.
Spiritstar3

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby onion » Wed Dec 06, 2023 7:56 pm

hisakawa nozomi / 25 / pansexual / living
tags: amelia, neptune, juliet

nozomi had been looking around when neptune came in with a scream- which was rather normal anyhow with the two of them, but she made a loud 'oof' noise when her grabbed her.
smiling immediately at his warmth and kindness, she pulled away hesitantly. hugs were kind of her love language.
"heya neptune," mimi said gently, though not as excitedly as when she had first seen amelia.
"oh and wheres... oh! oh oh oh!"
now she was jumping in place, pointing finger guns at juliet as she stepped indoors.
"jeez! its been too long guys! and look!- hey is that a gray hair?" nozomi peered at neptunes head with quite a serious expression, craning towards him before she pulled back in laughter.
she shot one quick look back at amelia and then approached juliet, who was looking beautiful as always.
"hope you dont mind girlie!" said nozomi as she gave her a quick little hug. then it was back to her bags.
"sorry guys but you know by now- i HAVE to get my little introductions out of the way before i can continue on! anyway, you said i could put these with yours neptune? and-" nozomi cut herself off so juliet could speak.
the woman nodded and adjusted her visor with one hand while the other rested on her hip. "that big huh? id love to see the garden sometime if youd show me! we could all have a picnic or something oh my goodness yes!"
nozomi could barely contain herself, squeezing her eyes shut, puckering up her face, and then crying out in a squeal of happiness as she jumped again. this was going to be the BEST time ever!
onion

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby grmlnbstrd » Wed Dec 20, 2023 7:54 am

Neptune Tretiak they/them
tags: Nozomi, Juliet, Amelia

Neptune scrambled to check their hair, brows furrowed as the looked for greys in a bundle of auburn. Though they were quickly distracted by Nozomi. "Yeah totally! I can help you move boxes and whatever you have in if you need, everything of mine I've just plopped down into the front room" They pointed through the door frame of the entrance to the front room.
"It's just genuinely so hard to believe that this is like... Ours." Neptune spun in a slow circle, gazing up and around at all the old antiques and the general beautiful patina of the house. "Think I'm gonna wake up screaming one night when it finally registers I'm not dreaming" Neptune laughed in disbelief.

Agnes Saunders she/her
tags: other ghosts

Agnes had turned to stare vancantly out the window, dazed by the cars, slightly listening to Siris and the other men discuss the best plan of action. "We could organize teams to follow around each of the livings" she suggested. "That way we can evenly distribute jobs and such." Agnes felt a strange stirring of excitement in her stomach
"Oh I badly want to see the humans" she giggled in excitement, "We probably should find Vincent however." She grimaced a slight bit, it's not that she didn't like the man, she found him quite funny at times, but his rockstar personality and life was so different to her some of his stories were almost frightening. "Who knows where he's snuck off to now, the odd man."

Last bumped by Consulting_Angel on Wed Dec 20, 2023 7:54 am.
grmlnbstrd

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me