❝ ulterior motives ☆ ( multi-fandom, o&a )

For roleplays featuring human or human-like characters which are based on a book/movie/tv show/band e.g. Twilight, Harry Potter, Hunger Games, One Direction etc.
Forum rules
Remember, all content must remain child-friendly at all times!
Users breaking this rule by using foul language, roleplaying explicit sexual scenes, excessive violence/torture, non-consensual 'romance', or other adult themes may be banned.

Please remember to read all the rules stickied at the top of the board before participating in any roleplays.

❝ ulterior motives ☆ ( multi-fandom, o&a )

Postby bigwig. » Wed Sep 27, 2023 11:45 am

╰┈➤ OPEN FOR BUSINESS

this place seems, in a way, familiar - yet at the same time unsettlingly alien.

what is "this place" exactly? eh, who knows. it appears to be an expansive shopping mall whose general aesthetic has never moved past the mid-1980s, complete with garish neon lights bathing everything in their technicolor glare. the stores are all stocked, and the lights are on, but as of right now, there's nobody here.

well, that's a little bit of an exaggeration - there are others here, but they're certainly not employees and they don't look like they're here to shop, either. they all seem just as confused as you, in fact. nobody is quite sure how they came to be here, or why they're here, for that matter.

that's the thing, though - you don't decide when, why, or how you come here. this place decides. and it's not letting you go just yet. you can't seem to shake the feeling you're here for a reason - but what could it be?

oh yeah, by the way, there's no way out. not yet, at least.
Last edited by bigwig. on Fri Sep 29, 2023 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
bigwig.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

❝ ulterior motives ☆ ( rules )

Postby bigwig. » Wed Sep 27, 2023 2:39 pm

one. forms & ooc go on the discussion thread only!
    two. characters from any fandom are allowed, as are ocs. though, if you are going to use a non-fandom character, make sure you give a thorough description of any powers/abilities they may have.
    three. though writer's block is always understandable, try to avoid one-liners; at least 3-4 sentences is preferred.
    four. no op characters; although this rp isn't heavily survival or combat based, it is mostly about exploring, collecting clues, and solving mysteries, so at the very least make sure your character can engage with the plot in a meaningful way. A character who always knows everything or is too powerful for the plot to really effect them isn't very fun to roleplay with.
    five. please disable signatures on the main thread.
    six. there is currently no limit to how many characters you can have at once, as long as you can maintain reasonable post lengths for all of them.
    seven. feel free to join the discord if you would like
Last edited by bigwig. on Mon Oct 02, 2023 10:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
bigwig.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

❝ ulterior motives ☆ ( setting )

Postby bigwig. » Thu Sep 28, 2023 9:00 am

╰┈➤ YOU ARE HERE

MAP 1F || MAP 2F

spring valley mall is a large shopping complex with two floors. at the moment, only certain shops and areas are open to our unwitting guests. elevators and escalators are fully functional and there is nothing restricting movement between the floors.

near the center is a large department store with two levels. this huge store has many sections and sells all kinds of clothes as well as home goods. If you want to sleep on something resembling a bed, this display furniture could be usable.

to the east side is a sporting goods store which also has two levels. everything from outdoor gear to athletic supplies can be found here. hopefully you won't have to fight off anything with all those golf clubs and baseball bats...

the the east, the mall adjoins a movie theater. this area is currently inaccessible.
Last edited by bigwig. on Sun Oct 01, 2023 4:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
bigwig.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

❝ ulterior motives ☆ ( characters )

Postby bigwig. » Fri Sep 29, 2023 11:36 am

╰┈➤ IN CASE OF EMERGENCY

. will graham // he/him // hannibal // bigwig.

. moses // he/him // stasis: bone totem // Egg With Legs

. dean winchester // he/him // supernatural // Spiritstar3

. jack kline // he/him // supernatural // Spiritstar3

. maxim kischine// he/him // castlevania // Wyverncult

. stuart pot/"2D" // he/him // gorillaz // twodee

. reagan corus// she/her // lancer // InfectedHau
Last edited by bigwig. on Fri Oct 06, 2023 10:55 am, edited 2 times in total.
bigwig.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

❝ ulterior motives ☆ ( status )

Postby bigwig. » Fri Sep 29, 2023 11:40 am

┏───────────────┓

OPEN

╰┈➤ discussion thread

┗──────────────┛
bigwig.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

❝ ulterior motives ☆ ( will i )

Postby bigwig. » Fri Oct 06, 2023 2:39 pm

── 𝐖𝐈𝐋𝐋
    𝙿𝙰𝚁𝚃 𝙸 male hannibal 2F, end of hallway tags: --

The air around him echoed with strange lights and sounds, mysterious, upbeat music bouncing off of countless empty walls. It was bright, illuminated by white bulbs and racers of neon that snaked along the ceiling, but not bright in a welcoming way. The emptiness seemed forceful, less like an absence and more like a presence in and of itself, something that surrounded Will Graham with entirely malicious intentions. The man blinked rapidly, rubbing his eyes as though he could suddenly clear his vision to simply find he was back home, and not in this strange, suffocating space. He couldn't imagine how he'd gotten here, but the sense hung over him, like a mass of thunderclouds on the horizon, that this was something far beyond his understanding. He was inside, at least, which was a more pleasant end than his previous sleepwalking escapades had usually had. Arguably. But it still certainly wasn't a place he'd ever been before...at least, he didn't think so. Something about it felt bizarrely familiar, yet he couldn't have explained how or why it seemed that way. It was a mall, he guessed, based on the storefronts neatly lining the walls around him.

The aesthetic was decidedly dated, evoking the mid-to-late 1980s. An intentional choice, perhaps, on the part of the designers. Will had been fairly young in the 80s, and he didn't have many memories of hanging out in shopping malls at the time; he hadn't been a city kid, and had spent most of his time fishing or in the boatyards with his father rather than shopping. However, he knew well enough to know there was no way this place was up-to-date. It was as if he'd somehow regressed right into the past. Will certainly looked both out of place and out of time in his surroundings - a fish out of water.

What was even stranger than that was that there was nobody, out-of-place or otherwise, that Will could see around him. Some of the stores had lights on, and the place was illuminated, even having some distant ambient music playing in the background. But it was empty. Maybe right about to open? Or it had just closed. He didn't particularly like the idea of spending an entire night in an empty mall, but he also didn't like the idea of having to find a security guard and ask them where he was and how he got here. Better than being stuck in this place, right? A terrible feeling of dread still weighed heavily on his shoulders; he knew without knowing that this was not the kind of place one simply left. It had to be a nightmare of some sort.

Will began walking - slowly, but not trying to hide his presence, lest he startle someone he shouldn't have startled. He wasn't sure where he was going, or why; he was simply trying to find any sign of life, of hope, of a way to escape.
bigwig.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: ❝ ulterior motives ☆ ( multi-fandom, o&a )

Postby InfectedHau » Fri Oct 06, 2023 4:05 pm

Reagan Corus||Lancer||2F, Department Store||Tagged: Open
    Reagan had always hated shopping districts, and this was no exception.

Bright lights that stung her deep-space eyes, buzzing neon signs that grated on her ears like sandpaper, and of course the constant, aching pressure of gravity pressing down on her. Even without the fact that she'd most definitely not gone to sleep anywhere near a place like this she'd have been in a foul mood, that was just icing on the cake. To top things off, who or what-ever had brought her here hadn't seen fit to take her painkillers with her, or her pistol, so she couldn't even shoot things to feel better.

It also didn't help, the Lancer reflected, that there was nothing in the mall that gave any clue as to where she was. She could read all the signs, though that didn't mean much, but all the prices listed were in a currency she'd never seen before. Nothing about a city, planet, any sort of location identifier. It looked like it was actually supposed to be a place people went to shop, but even though all the lights were on she hadn't seen a single other soul. with an annoyed grumble, Reagan kicked a nearby trash receptacle, wincing as the sound echoed through the empty building. Probably not the best idea, but at least it made her feel better.

Physical greivances aside, the situation was far from ideal. She was in an unknown building, an unknown city, on an unknown planet, with nothing but the clothes on her back. Her mech was nowhere to be seen, which was further cause for worry. There was a lot of proprietary tech in A Thousand And One, they'd have her head if any of it got stolen. With that in mind, her plan of action was clear. Find her Mech, wreak explosive and violent vengeance on whoever had taken her here, and leave for more familiar skies with all speed. First, though, she'd need to find some painkillers, the grav-ache was becoming unbearable. Bought, if possible, but she got the feeling she'd probably need to steal. Squaring her shoulders, Reagan set off down the promenade, eyes scanning the storefronts for a likely target.
InfectedHau

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Spiritstar3 » Fri Oct 06, 2023 6:11 pm

Dean Winchester- m- late 30s or early 40s- human- Supernatural canon- bi- Castiel is his SO- has a dog named Miracle- younger brother Sam, half brother Adam- six foot, golden brown hair and green eyes- Tags: Jack/ open

The golden brown haired hunter had been doing...something. It was fuzzy now, for some reason, he couldn't remember now. As he slowly shook his head and looked around, he first noticed Jack. He then took notice of the fact they were in a shopping mall center. Only...it looked like one from the eighties. He didn't think there were still ones like that. He sighed as he noticed all the fluorescent bright lights...He placed a hand on Miracle's head, glad the dog was with him. He took stock, seeing neither Castiel nor Sam. This caused him to make a small sound of worry. He hoped they weren't anywhere else in the mall, separated from he and Jack. He said "Come on, Jack, let's go look around."

He then began to walk.

He looked back to make sure Jack was following.

Jack Kline (Winchester)- m- 18- Nephilim (Lucifer x a human)- Supernatural canon- Unknown sexuality- My OC is his SO (Lorell)- considers Cas and Dean his real dads, and Sam another dad or an uncle- 5'9", golden brown hair, blue eyes- Tags: Dean/open

The young man had been sleeping, or eating, or...something. He couldn't actually remember what he'd been doing. Now, now he was in some strange place. He thought it might be a mall or shopping center, but he'd never seen one like this before. This one had bright fluorescent lights. Sam and Dean had told him about the eighties before. This seemed to resemble a mall of that time period. He shook his head back and forth, and rubbed at his eyes a bit. Nope, this wasn't a dream or a vision. The lights were still there, the mall was still there with all its shops. He sighed and let his wings stretch a bit. He then quickly hid them, as, if anyone else was around they'd see them, and he didn't want that.

When Dean spoke to him, he nodded.

He stood there, quickly following when Dean looked back at him.
Spiritstar3

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

❝ ulterior motives ☆ . ( KISCHINE 1 )

Postby Wyverncult » Fri Oct 06, 2023 8:18 pm

‎▷‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ─────────── ♂ ∙ 24 ∙ vampire-hunter turned-vampire ─── ‎𝐌𝐀𝐗𝐈𝐌 𝐊𝐈𝐒𝐂𝐇𝐈𝐍𝐄 ────‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎✟ ∙

LOCATION: ▷ 1F; Near DEPT Store, heading left. ‎‏‏‎‎‎‏‏‎ | ‎‏‏‎‎‎‏‏‎ TAGGED: ‎‏‏‎‎‎‏‏‎ Open. ‎‏‏‎‎‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎‎‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎‎‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎‎‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‏‏‎‏‏‎

‏‏‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎Maxim ‏‏‎had never been in a situation like this.

‏‏‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ Or, well, in a place like this for that matter. Perhaps that should be the first distinction; To Maxim, the architecture of this place was foreign and the light fixtures— unfamiliar to him, fluorescent— were definitely nothing he had ever seen before. Looking directly at them made him flinch, particularly unused to even the blessed sunlight lately, so he took care to look away. These were the first things that came to mind, but the second was... regarding the building's interior design, and that is what made him sigh aloud. Truly, he didn't understand anything about architecture or the arts, but after listening to a particular maximalist, ha, interior designer go on and on, of course Maxim would make note of the design of the place. And the main hall was decidedly empty save for signboards and display plants, and perhaps that interior designer would call it drab or somesuch, and seek to decorate the floors with whatever pieces of furniture or tchotchkes that he can find, all out of the goodness of his heart...

‏‏‎‏‏‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ Anyway, the third thing that came to mind was that Maxim had never been in a situation like this. He'd experienced amnesia, possession, his mind fracturing and then reforming, but not this sensation of being in a place with not an inkling of an idea of what he had been doing prior. Perhaps if he were more inexperienced he'd have felt dazed, but as it stood he felt strangely calm and attentive. And confused, and lost, of course, but not particularly frightened or uneasy. There was no one around him, so it wasn't as though he could ask about where he was either. That put him a little more on edge.

‏‏‎‏‏‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ Short story made decidedly, unnecessarily long, Maxim had already begun wandering the main floor of the mall a few minutes ago, reading store signs in unfamiliar fonts and bypassing empty kiosks as he went along. Maxim wasn't sure exactly what he was expecting to come across, but he was considering calling something out over the distant music into the spaciousness of the empty building if he didn't see anyone soon. ‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎‎‏‏‎ ‎...‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎✟ ∙‏‏‎

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Queen of flames » Thu Oct 12, 2023 6:58 am

Catherine Willows - first floor - Tags: open

She was supposed to have a day off today, but eventually, her boss called for her to do some special case, that he could not get anyone else to make. As he promised some extra pay for those hours she would spend with the case she eventually agreed. She jumped into her car and drove to her workplace. She had a talk with the boss about the case which seemed pretty simple to be said to be a special case, but there was not much information about the possible crime in this case. She even thought of this to be just some mean joke, but as she agreed to do the job, she took her investigating staff and drove to the place which seemed to be some kind of an abandoned or very dilapidated shopping mall. This place could be a very good place for some gang hideout or for illegal activity, so she could need to be careful when getting into the building.
She opened the door and walked into the large hallway, which surprised her with all those neon lights, shiny floors, and places that didn't seem abandoned at all like the outside made it believe. Thought all the shininess, gave her a little feeling of uncomfortable feelings too, but she took that out of her mind. She walked around a little bit trying to find the possible crime scene the case was being written about, but so far she didn't find it. Once again she started to feel like this was just some kind of a joke and started to feel rather annoyed, but she didn't want to give up just yet.

Dale "Barbie" Barbara - first floor - Tags: open

He sure had a crazy party last night with those people of the Chester Mill who he could see as good friends. He didn't have much of memories for the night, except that he did walk into a very dilapidated large building, but was too tired then to actually think anything else about it. He woke up on a sofa in a very bright place he realized it a some kind of a mall, but it seemed to be very silent at the moment or maybe it was still so early that the people had not yet found their way in here. He took his time to look around, before checking his jacket pockets so he could not be stolen by anyone. He sighed in relief as he still had his wallet and phone, as well as house keys and other small items. As he was in a shopping mall and he had no hurry to anywhere he decided to find a food place in a cafeteria as he was pretty hungry. He walked into the wall there with a map on it and looked for any food places 'Food count and department store, sound good, hopefully, they're open already' he thought to himself as he started move forward to the empty, yet eerily quiet corridors.
Queen of flames

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me