Good Night, Good Luck- Dying Light ACCEPTING

For roleplays featuring human or human-like characters which are based on a book/movie/tv show/band e.g. Twilight, Harry Potter, Hunger Games, One Direction etc.
Forum rules
Remember, all content must remain child-friendly at all times!
Users breaking this rule by using foul language, roleplaying explicit sexual scenes, excessive violence/torture, non-consensual 'romance', or other adult themes may be banned.

Please remember to read all the rules stickied at the top of the board before participating in any roleplays.

Good Night, Good Luck- Dying Light ACCEPTING

Postby LokiToons » Sun Jan 15, 2017 10:43 am

Hello there and welcome to a Dying Light RP! You DO NOT have to play the game or know anything about the game in order to join, all I ask is that you read the below information and self-inform about the subject :) as this is vastly different from a regular zombie apocalypse scenario such as The Walking Dead. If you still have questions about the game/roleplay/general Id be happy to let you know. And a note to the mods or joining Roleplayers- If the pictures of the variety of zombies are too much, I will immediately take them down upon request and instead provide a description (already replaced what I believed too much) Thank you and enjoy yourself~

(Credit to NathanDrakeUC for this wonderful gif~)

The small city of Harran has been suffering from a disease called the Harran Virus. It began in the city of Harran but quickly crept away from the small city into populated areas of the countryside. People turn on people, survivors turn on friends, and zombies turn on flesh, the virus spreads quickly, through bite, open wounds and death. The only hope for the world are the dwindling Antizin drops provided by the G.R.E. that hold off the contamination of the virus, however it doesn't mean you are cured. Once bitten you have to live on Antizin to keep the virus from turning you, if you run out, its game over. The world is full of different types of zombies and the night is fraught with dangerous perils... All that's left to say is

Good Night... And Good Luck.

Locations

The Slums...
A city like area with low grade safe houses and mazes of alleys and dirt roads. A highway stretches over the entire city, piled miles and miles down with cars, buses, and zombies... This is the only place with high buildings including the skyscrapers and towering cranes left around. Its also got a trainyard, with tracks that trail miles throughout the city, littered with broken cable cars that may house useful supplies.

New Town...
This area is built more moderately and contains more supplies, but also more zombies. The streets are chock full of them, meaning it's safer to travel by rooftop in these parts of town. This contains more comfortable safe houses, often in the scattered parts of town. Though this is the more recommended area to be in, it still has its dangers, supporting all types of zombies in the environment. It is warned that you watch your back in this place, you never know when a viral may pounce at you.

The Sewers...
Dark and musty the sewers aren't your living space to be in, crowded with Volatiles and Biters it's just an underground disaster and only entrance to get to and from New Town and The Slums. It's impossible to use any other route due to the damaged outside world. The sewers are dark and windy going in with a group is safer but, if you are up for a challenge, going alone with a cutting edge weapon.

Countryside...
Filled with luscious rolling hills, small lakes, miles of windy roads, and relaxing beaches, the countryside is the most recently infected place near Harran, housing more virals than the other locations. The countryside is the only area open enough to use an off-road buggy for transportation. Please be considering of the undead and take them out for dinner.

Meet The Enemy

Biters
Your usual slow walking zombies. They are the most common in every location. Alone they are easily killed off using a blunt or sharp weapon (Or the awesome dropkick?). Beware though when they fight you in groups, they often can find their ways to become overpowering and quickly be able to bite you. Sometimes it's better to run... Climb on top of cars or short trash bins to take them on head first, their weak bodies are unable to crawl up to you.

Virals
They come swarming in pairs or triplets if you happen to make a loud noise, alerting them from sewer toppers, windows, doors, and in the street. These freaks can scale buildings and jump holes to reach you, take them out with kicks off the platform or weapon combat. If they overpower you take your chance in besting them through parkour.

Hazmats
Slow as biters and unable to bite, they attack with their arms, throwing punches upon you. Though slow, they can be dangerous if you happen to hit that beaming tank on their back, which causes them to explode in merely seconds (which gifts you a happy group of hungry virals). The best advantage of these is a hit and run, often around other zombies to ensure maximum knock outs.

Spitters
Your local sniper zombies that spit acid at you, and in turn blinds and burns but doesn't infect. They are weak if hit and are found mainly by a water source or in the sewer tunnels awaiting the chance to make their acid reflex count. Spitters are fast on their feet (and skilled in a moonwalk) when they move but that's rarely, they can work as guards in hordes, shooting you away as a warning.

Goons- Towering hulky beasts with a massive amount of muscle in the biceps, usually dressed in firemen clothes, plumber's wear, or simply in tattered wear.
Large and broad, these guys handle you with blunt massive weapons, taking blows to your head. Found in buildings or closed off street areas they swing quickly and heavily, knocking their buddies down like a bully. Take advantage with an explosive or propane tank, get them to hit it and you'll be getting the hang of survival.

Bombers- Average sized zombies characterized by their inflamed guts
Dangerous but easily spotted, we have the bombers. Once you're spotted, they usually run at you with silly flails that make you aware that they are coming for negative reason. Avoid them with straight on hits, play archer instead and hit them with throwing weapons from afar instead, maybe take out a few zombies too, but beware, these guys are often assassin ninjas and just love to surprise you from behind with a lethal explosion. On top of that, their mighty boom works as a dinner alarm for virals. Bon Appetit!

Screamers- Small child-sized zombies with oversized mouths that stretch open upon rattling cries, body build is often buffy and broad like a midget bodybuilder
Ah the annoying child zombies. Once they see you they cry for their parents (fifty thousand) zombies to come for its rescue. Virals and Biters come from everywhere to defend their precious little one while putting you in danger. Instead, sneak up behind to take advantage and hush the thing before its too late.

Demolishers
Though giants to you and stronger than the average elephant, these guys are big dummies. They charge at you with giant shield like arms to run you over, but manage to dodge them and run them into a wall, will stun them for a while. Use the time to take a few whacks at it. Heavily armored bodies make attacks nearly impossible, however chipping off these metal protections will prove good results.

Bolters
These strange pus covered zombies have no aggression levels what so ever, in fact they just sprint away to avoid you. Appearing at night in the Slums and New Town, but 24/7 in the countryside, these guys use Volatiles to aid in their protection as they contain a certain poison in their tissue that can be used to boost the lethalness in a weapon.

Volatiles
The fastest, smartest, hardest, and rarest of them all, the Volatiles. They are only out at night due to the sunlight proving weakening on their behalf, make sure you find a safe house to stay in but if not, make sure you take a UV flashlight or keep your head down and out of sight or its a wild goose chase to the death for you. They climb and jump and attack heavily with their claws and though they don't bite as much, they like to play with their food instead. Survive the night and you should be okay... Till next sun down.

Survivors
What? You heard me... Other people! Yes... Watch out for those selfish persons that like to take what's yours and not share. Some are wandering survivors and others are taking refuge in houses, they are everywhere. Not all of them are after you but look out for the groups that do take advantage of raids.
Last edited by LokiToons on Sun Jan 15, 2017 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
LokiToons

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Good Night, Good Luck- Rules, Character Forms and Info

Postby LokiToons » Sun Jan 15, 2017 11:09 am

Rules

1) All of Tess rules apply, of course
2) Please no power modding/killing a character without permission, just keep things fair and steady
3) Even though this is a kick-a zombie RP, refrain from over description of blood/gore/injuries, sorry guys
4) Limit foul language, I understand it makes sense in a world like this but we are on a child-friendly website so keep it minimal, thanks!
5) You may have as many characters as you want as long as they are all accounted for
6) Character ages must be above or equal to 14, just because it gets a little personal putting kids in this world, the only exception is when a character has a child that this rule can be dismissed.
7) You do not have to keep genders even, however do not fight over relationship goals...

To keep it simple, there will be no discussion thread, we can use OOC in brackets, parenthesis, ect. and also, forms will be posted on this thread as well to keep from confusion. Thank you!

Form, you are more than welcome to use your own, or fancy up this one!
Code: Select all
[img][/img]
[b]Name of Character:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Weapon of Choice:[/b]
[b]Accesories or clothing standouts:[/b]
[b]Pets:[/b]
[b]Backstory:[/b]
[b]Family:[/b]
[b]Spouse/Partner/Crush:[/b]
[b]Personality:[/b]
[b]Sexuality:[/b]
[b]Other:[/b]

Character List

Brønes- Damien Burner - Page 1
Kyokokirigiri- Mayu Kazuto - Page 1
Username- Character Name- Character Form

Character Relations

Crush --> / Mutual Crush <---> / Siblings <> / Dating <3 / Friends ^^^

Character Name -Symbol- Character Name
Last edited by LokiToons on Sun Jan 15, 2017 3:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
LokiToons

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Good Night, Good Luck- Dying Light WIP

Postby LokiToons » Sun Jan 15, 2017 11:20 am

~///The Outside\\\~

Call me Damien... Damien Burner.

Weapon of choice
I wield anything sharp... I prefer my Bolo Machete. I have one firearm, small little hand gun but I'm running out of bullets...

Accessories or clothing standouts
I wear long sleeved clothes when I go on a run, hides the skin and helps keep my scent down. It also helps block the bites of the walkers having clothing in the way. Ive got biker gloves and a mouth mask...I've also had this dog tag necklace tucked under my shirt- that's usually dark.

Pets
I've got Jarrix, my beautiful dutch shepherd.

..::The Inside::..

Backstory
Journal Entry #1/ March 19th, 4:57 PM.

I was caught up in the virus during its early progression. I was searching for jobs when everything went to hell. When the broadcasts and radio station warnings began to appear I was sceptic about the entire thing, and not until it was too late did I finally come to the realization that this was all real. Scared to death I stayed inside, locked myself away. One night those freaks broke in and had me by the throat until a neighbor came and saved my ars. They got me to leave, to discover the true boundaries, hiding forever wasn't going to keep you safe. You had to run, jump, dodge and kill. So it's what I did. I became accustom to this lifestyle, used to being the Lone Wolf of the city or town or whatever the heck I'm in now...I owe it to my dear neighbor who saved me. I lost him a few weeks ago, he fell in a ditch during a night run. I couldn't find him the next morning but I did find him a few days later... Screaming and running at me... Poor sucker was a viral. From there I was solo, cruising the city, gathering supplies, stocking the medicals... This life has me running all the time. Nothing but a runner.

Family
I lost contact with them when I moved here, no cellular connections means no contact...

Spouse/ Partner/ Crush
You think I could think about that at a time like this?

Personality
I wouldn't know where to put myself on a scale of traits... I'm more of this but also can be that. I've got an aggressive side, but can be submissive and at the same time dominant. I'm no leader and there's no way I would be a good follower. I'm just independant, let me do my thing and I'll let you do yours, plain and simple. My mental state is healthy I guess you could say. Determined and strong willed. I won't give up on you. I don't take betrayal well though and if you happen to find your way to my bad side I'd just tell you to get lost before I do something I wasn't supposed to. I get along with most people, but If I have a bad feeling about you, Ill be more cautious. Easy going and respectful, you can do whatever you like when you are around me as long as it doesn't put my physical being in harms way... All in all, I'm open for friends.

Sexuality
Heterosexual

Other
Ehhh... Nope.
LokiToons

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Good Night, Good Luck- Dying Light ACCEPTING

Postby KyokoKirigiri » Sun Jan 15, 2017 2:42 pm

(I've played a little bit of the game so I know some things)
(It'll be below its not working for some reason)
Name of Character: Mayu Kazuto(Don't ask)
Weapon of Choice: Duel Swords (Don't ask I am in love with Sword Art Online blame it on that)
Accesories or clothing standouts:She has black duel sword holders(Similar to what Kirito has in SAO)
(This is what they look like)

Pets:None
Backstory:Mayu doesn't remember
Family:None
Spouse/Partner/Crush:Open
Personality:Mysterious, fighter, short temper, and doesn't trust people easily. If you get to know her though she is nice, sweet and kind and protective
Sexuality:Bisexual(Likes males and females)
Other: She works alone. Mayu is really athletic and pretty quick
Outfit~(Her outfit is based off of Kirito's SAO 2 avatar which is the SAO I'm on)
(Top)

(Jacket)

(Pants)

(Boots)

(Gloves)

(Belt)
Attachments
girl-993542_960_720.jpg
Mayu
girl-993542_960_720.jpg (212.27 KiB) Viewed 215 times
Last edited by KyokoKirigiri on Sun Jan 15, 2017 3:55 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Was DarkSwanOUATfan and TrubelGrimmfan. I saw Kung Fu Panda 4 and loved it Call me whatever Image Silver Wolf from Honkai Star Rail Pic, not mine. Miku Expo 2024 was amazing!!!
KyokoKirigiri

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby LokiToons » Sun Jan 15, 2017 2:45 pm

( Sweet! Welcome aboard! ^~^ )
LokiToons

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby KyokoKirigiri » Sun Jan 15, 2017 3:02 pm

(Yay if you want its your rp we could start its all up to you)
Was DarkSwanOUATfan and TrubelGrimmfan. I saw Kung Fu Panda 4 and loved it Call me whatever Image Silver Wolf from Honkai Star Rail Pic, not mine. Miku Expo 2024 was amazing!!!
KyokoKirigiri

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby LokiToons » Sun Jan 15, 2017 3:46 pm

(We can begin sparingly, possibly avoid super rapid replies so we don't go ahead of incoming survivors, shall you begin or I? Doesn't matter C: )
LokiToons

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby KyokoKirigiri » Sun Jan 15, 2017 3:54 pm

(Cool let the dealing with zombies begin. I'm fine either way)
KyokoKirigiri

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby LokiToons » Sun Jan 15, 2017 4:17 pm

( Alright then, I guess I'll volunteer to begin? )

Damien Burner

His eyes slowly opened to the sight of the familiar chipped ceiling of his small bunker he sheltered in the Slums. His body aching from the previous days run through the alleys for a few supplies. The days seemed to stretch on for decades, the repetive hissing of the undead in the air never ceased to exist. Damien rolled onto his side, then in an upright sit, the gloved hands moving to rub his weary eyes in the rising sun. "I'm up...I'm up.." he grumbled to himself as he reached over to pick up the vacant half mask next to him, examining the cloth with precision. Everyday he wondered how this all came to be, and why it ended up the way it did. Of course, there were no answers for such a thought. He managed to get to his feet, shuffling through his bag of supplies before daring to open the door to the outside world, the immediate distant screams of unfortunate souls drifted through the greeting morning breeze. Damien grunted softly in response and checked his machete on his belt, turning to get a glance at his miracle hound, Jarrix, snoozing in the corner. "I'll be back." He lifted a hand for a small wave as if the canine cared and closed the wooden door. He walked along the mini balcony, leaning over to check the streets below, and to his ordinary surprise, the biters were waiting for his daily morning run.
LokiToons

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby KyokoKirigiri » Sun Jan 15, 2017 4:59 pm

Mayu~ I heard some biters. I took my duel swords which are white with a black handle out of the sword holders on my back. I moved some of my black hair out of my face and adjusted my black jacket. I'm athletic and pretty quick. I climbed down the stairs of my base. I felt like somebody was watching me. I got down from the stairs of my base. I went over to some bitters. Light hit my swords.
KyokoKirigiri

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me