Elysium's Gate (A Cars/Planes roleplay)

For roleplays featuring human or human-like characters which are based on a book/movie/tv show/band e.g. Twilight, Harry Potter, Hunger Games, One Direction etc.
Forum rules
Remember, all content must remain child-friendly at all times!
Users breaking this rule by using foul language, roleplaying explicit sexual scenes, excessive violence/torture, non-consensual 'romance', or other adult themes may be banned.

Please remember to read all the rules stickied at the top of the board before participating in any roleplays.

Re: Elysium's Gate (A Cars/Planes roleplay)

Postby MustangRio » Thu Dec 08, 2016 6:19 am

((Super short as I am on my phone...waiting for a delayed flight...but I didn't want to leave you guys hanging!))

speed

Speed waited patiently for what was to happen next. He meandered outside with others while just listening to random chatter. An adventure for a simple race ticket, he was going to travel the world. Excitement replaced any lingering anxiety and fear. What would he be doing while helping international spies?

chase

The civilian doctor approached Chase and Sam and offered to take a look at Chase's injuries. Chase sighed. He felt like some specimen everyone wanted to look at. His injuries weren't that horid...surely someone affected by the drugs they were tracking down would be much more interesting than someone with a few dents and scratches. He didn't want to admit that Dr. Goodyear's medicine was helping however. He looked over at the super Corsair leaning against her husband. She was looking over in his direction, and wore her usual scowl. Chase didn't blame her, and honestly didn't know if he should trust this car involved in the scandal, despite it being against his will.

"I appreciate the offer, but I think I'll have Dr. Goodyear look me overy once we are airborn," he finally replied.
MustangRio

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Arctic-Poppy » Thu Dec 08, 2016 6:35 am

Wren:
Tagging: Skipper, Chase, Sally, Rod, Dusty, Shadow, Finn

“He can give them some excuse after all... he's not feeling well after being assaulted by that floozy for example”

Wren gave Skipper a soft nudge “shhh mind your language, let's not give anyone any reasons to kick off ok” she warned, he was right to be aggressive towards the celica but this was a time for subtlety not brash name calling. “We don't need any extra sparks this team is already a powder keg”
The super Corsair spotted her husband watching her watch Chase and Doc, making an uncomfortable little shuffle she cleared her throat and looked away. Everyone around the office was always making comments about her brittle temper and being highly strung, no, she needed to just let go once in awhile. She could always look Chase over on the plane or observe any treatment Doc suggested and make out it was to satisfy mission paperwork… even if it was in reality to satisfy her own concerns.

"I appreciate the offer, but I think I'll have Dr. Goodyear look me over once we are airborn,"

The agent's statement drifted over to Wren on the breeze, it instantly bought a warm smile to her face which she directed to Chase, actually thankful and relieved that he preferred her, if she wasn't the team doctor what use was she after all. Wren turned to watch Sally and Rod again but her husband's comments caught her a little off guard… “Skipper!!” was her rather loud exclamation at his lascivious comment “shhhh!!! What if they hear you?” she muttered at the older warbird feeling rather embarrassed for drawing attention to it a slight flush worked its way along her nose.

"The jet will be here soon,"

Wren looked back to the sky expectantly before glancing at the crowd of mismatched vehicles… Dusty was deep in conversation with Shadow, seemingly the younger racer was letting his guard down considerably… “Skipper, perhaps we should keep a bit of an eye on him… I doubt he will get himself in any trouble but… you know just keep tabs on what they talk about maybe”
The two seemed rather close, a fact that was bound to be irritating Finn, sure enough the Faultless was stood eyeballing them both intensively with perhaps a hint of concern to his features, he was looking a touch stressed and weathered. Wren made a snap decision, maybe her mind was better suited to thinking about the big picture for now rather than worries of petty squabbles over who was top doctor…
“I bet you anything Finn will be sticking to Dusty too…” Wren continued to mutter under her breath to her husband “I think I will fix him his tea on the plane and engineer a little truce. I want to make sure Dusty doesn't end up collateral if the agencies decide to make a move on Shadow… ” in truth Wren was worried for Dusty… But she was also concerned about Finn… around the office they were good friends and a large twinge of guilt for snapping at him earlier was eating away at her… she really had let her personal worries fuel her bad temper and sharp tongue... she was supposed to help not make things harder... but things had taken an altogether different turn...
Arctic-Poppy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ShadowWolfCelica » Thu Dec 08, 2016 5:44 pm

The Celica seemed to take in what Dusty was saying, her gaze having dropped to look more ahead at her own level, a soft nod of her hood confirming she was still in fact listening. She was still skeptical, though couldn't possibly expect the young plane to know what went on in her past, it was silly to try and even entertain speaking about it. She'd said enough, for now, it seemed. "Well, we'll see" She spoke now, sighing out gradually. It was a quiet tone, and the car seemed to withdraw into her own thoughts for a while, wing mirrors flicking as she felt the piercing stares of the Corsairs some distance away. She turned her gaze to watch them for a moment, narrowing her eyes just a little, not sure whether to take the staring as a potential threat.

"Take a picture, it'll last longer" She bristled toward Skipper, more trying to deter the glances that came her way. She shook her hood now as she rolled her eyes slightly, before Dusty spoke again, drawing her attention back to him. His reaction to her comment made her smirk just a little, though she was growing ever conscious of the fact that everyone was emerging near where they were.... it was getting a little too close for comfort for her at this point, and she backed away some to try and stop them getting too close. She still didn't trust them... for good reason. Half of them were agents after all.

"Oh? Is that so?" She mused for a moment in reaction to his admittance to having been called unbelievable before. "Well you better start believing it. However they are, they know what they're talking about!" She replied, before tapping her tire in response to the rest of his little speech.
"I see.... but perhaps just a little word of advice... don't trust everything. Or everyone for that matter. I can see that you're quite.... gentle in nature, wanting the best out of everyone and believing they can but.... not everyone can. I've seen some... dark figures in my time, it's something that not everyone possibly has the tank for. But you need to be careful. Not everyone can change, and even if they can, some won't, you know what I'm saying?" She said in a hushed tone, glancing around her as she spoke.
"I know and see the differences yes.. but it doesn't make me any better than them. I'm in the same line of work, I do the same things. In the long run, it'll either get me killed or arrested, and I'm not sure which is worse" She muttered now, frowning.

The whine of jet engines could now be heard in the distance, getting closer and closer by the second, Rods GPS going crazy. He glanced to Sally as she asked him who Finn was supposed to be expecting back in Tokyo, the Deringer shaking his hood lightly.
"I'm afraid I'm not sure on that one. All I knew is that I was meant to meet him... didn't quite work out that way" He replied, though his voice seemed to harden at this point, the memory of the internal torture he went through... he was only lucky that he was able to get pieced back together the way he was. He grit his teeth a little here, before glancing to his hood.
"It's a good job you didn't go. You could have been chewed up out there... That was no job for a rookie. I still don't know why McMissle kept that flashy sports car with him, perhaps for looks, who knows. But she wasn't right for the job" He seemed to scoff here, before sighing.

"I'm glad you didn't go..." He seemed to say quietly now, just as a strong wind swept through the area, the noises from the oncoming jet now deafening. Finn glanced up at it's arrival and watched as some vehicles had to move, so it could land vertically, wind and heat surrounding them all as the ramp slowly lowered. The jet kept his engines burning, ready to take off at a moments notice, allowing Finn to move forward.
"ALRIGHT, EVERYBODY ON, NOW" Finn glanced round at everyone, signalling with his hood. "Are you coming too...I'm sorry, I didn't catch your name" Finn looked apologetically to Speed, making sure that he was up to the task... another civvie... Finn could almost see the retirement forms that Angry would soon be pushing his way.
He motioned for Speed to get on the plane before him, moving up to Sally and Rod now, pulling up beside the two.
"Sally, I'll need you to keep an eye on the Carlisle. She seemed to react well to you, perhaps you can be a mediator of such.. I have a feeling she won't take too well to me" Finn muttered quietly to her, before moving up to the Celica in question. Shadow had moved to give the plane room to land, before she could feel the constricting grip of a tire clamp on her rear wheel, causing her to half spin, unable to move quickly due to the weight. Finn backed up just as she turned, confronted with the accusing face of the Celica.

"What on earth is this?!" She snapped, glaring to the agent.
"We need to make sure that everyone here is safe... from you. You're the only one with a criminal record here... you're the danger most present. I'm certain that if you make a move against anyone, not only will you be slow to carry it out, but you'll be gunned down. That's a promise" Finn stared back unaffected, laying it out with a dark tone. Shadow wanted with all her might to lash out and break the clamp, though perhaps.... perhaps it would back up his point. Besides, she quite liked living.

"Now move it" Finn instructed, keeping behind the Celica as he shoved her on, the Toyota having to limp up the ramp in an annoyed manner.
Keep calm
and
Race On

ShadowWolfCelica

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby MustangRio » Fri Dec 09, 2016 2:15 pm

((again, sorry for short posts))

Speed stared at the massive jet landing in front of the team. He joined everyone crowded around the ramp up. When the blue Aston Martin approached.

"Speed, my name's Speed. Yes I am going," Speed replied, racing up the ramp as soon as it was his turn. If he didn't catch the agent's name, he'll catch it later. The thrum of the jet's engines vibrated every cell in Speed's body. A panic attack was creeping up in the back of Speed's mind; he had never been on a plane before and the idea of being in close quarters with total strangers was somewhat unnerving. He took a deep breath and found a spot next to a window.

Chase raced on board as soon as McMissile ordered. He was ready to go and felt that progress was finally being made. McMissile requested for Sally to watch over the miscreant. Chase grumbled quietly...he'd rather knock the criminal out before letting her still have full freedom to roam. McMissile quickly booted the Carlisle, surprising Chase as much as the Celica. After McMissile warned her about the possibility of flying bullets in her direction, Chase had to turn away to smirk. This'll be an interesting flight...

He settled down next to Speed but didn't try to start up conversation. That was the last thing he needed was to spill any sort of information the criminal could use against him. The truck seemed lost in thought anyway, so Chase didn't feel bad for not saying anything. His own mind wandered a bit at the thought of the poor souls who lost their family members to this "brainwashing" drug. Were they still reversible? What about this civilian doctor's town? Were they still around? He figured he'd find out as soon as he could. He didn't trust the doctor, but wouldn't wish the loss of an entire town on someone like the civilian. Too many innocent lives could be lost.

Then he thought about Alexis. A stomach-churning thought about her being kidnapped and drugged sent a shiver through Chase's body. No...that's not going to happen. He wouldn't forgive himself if it did. He took a cleansing breath and tried to get his mind back into the present.
MustangRio

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Dusty Crophopper » Fri Dec 09, 2016 4:29 pm

Doc

Doc received Speed's response, and sighed here, reversing away a bit. "Yeah... all right. Sorry I intruded." he said softly now, looking away as he drove off to wait for the aircraft. D***... so much for helping out. He wanted desperately to fulfill his Hippocratic oath and become a doctor again but... it seemed it wasn't in the cards right now. Hippocratic oath... he'd already technically violated it by making this d*** drug! Ugh... he was in so much s*** right now it just felt horrendous to his tank. He'd broken his oath... he'd lost it all again... and maybe... depending on the state of his town... he'd lose even more before this day was out...

Skipper

Skipper merely rolled his eyes at his wife, groaning a little. "Hey! I never cared what others thought about me or what I said! Only back in the Navy... but the Navy taught me how to be this way after all!" he reminded her. "I don't give if it sets her off... would just reveal her real colors anyway." he murmured, trying to keep his voice down this time nevertheless. He sighed heavily, but decided to take her advice... for now.

He really didn't catch the significance of Chase rejecting Doc, and didn't notice her glowing afterwards, but smiled when he did seem to notice her improved spirits. "Hey!" he shot back, still keeping his voice down but a little louder this time. "I don't care! I hope they DO hear me! They need to get a private room on that jet!" He chortled, giving her a hawkish grin. "Hmmm..." He turned in Dusty's direction now, glaring. "If it were up to me, I'd keep him far, far away from her... that hussy's no good." he said simply, as if it was the most obvious thing in the world.

He sighed though at his wife's need to make peace with Finn. "Yeah well... I'm not done with him yet." he said, his eyes shrinking to pinpricks as he glared in the Faultless's direction. "You really shouldn't defend him like that you know... he's not worth the effort but... I wouldn't worry about Dusty... it's not like he's got the hots for her or anything... he's just being Dusty after all! Kind and generous and nice and trying to help those in need!" He pointed out, trying to make her see that it probably wasn't that big of a deal.

"Oho!" he exclaimed here as Shadow snapped at him. "Nah a picture wouldn't do you any good you know! Still..." I'll hold my tongue... for now you wench he didn't conclude out loud. "You just mind yourself... I'm not about to turn my back on you." he snorted, still glaring daggers at her.

Dusty

"Heh, I'm sure." Dusty responded, smiling and lowering himself a little here to one side, dipping to the right as his wing sank to the ground. He straightened up though and grew a little more serious as she spoke to him, pursing his lips and thinking on this now. "Well... yeah... I... I know that." he said, looking off to the side, and maybe even behind him. "See I... I don't harbor any illusions about the world... but I believe EVERYONE CAN make decisions that impact their own lives... I did after all... and I came from nowhere... I was a nobody... there was literally no point to my existence until I decided to change." he informed her now. "So while I don't believe everyone will... I believe everyone can." he said now, emphasizing that last bit.

"Huh... yeah well.. I can see that, yes." he nodded here. "You ever... do anything you regret? Stuff that keeps you up at nights?" he asked now, cocking his body to one side curiously. "Also..." He perked up upon hearing the jet approach, the loud whine splitting the air the closer it got. Yep... had to be it... their ride was on its way and good riddance! He wanted to get moving and out of here after all!

"Hey!" Dusty exclaimed as Finn suddenly booted her. "Wait a minute! Is that really necessary?" he asked now, growing concerned. "She's not gonna like feeling like a prisoner, I guarantee you of that!" he pointed out now. "Come on... can't you just... hey!" Dusty shouted, moving after them now as Finn practically forced her up onto the plane. "Ugh just... take it easy all right?" he asked now. "She's probably unarmed so... why can't you just... I dunno go a little easy on her?" he asked now, wincing as he moved behind the two of them.

All

Skipper moved up and folded up his wings to save on space, settling in on the left side of the plane and looking out a window now, then glancing over to Shadow with a smirk. "Good... it's where she belongs." he crowed quietly, rather liking seeing her all booted up and restrained. "Heheh... she ain't goin' anywhere."

Doc meanwhile settled in on the right side of the plane, looking forlorn and extremely stressed, as he knew the time to call home had come. "Uh... Agent McMissile..." he began softly. "Is there... a phone I can use? Some sort of... I dunno... communications radio or device to contact my home town?" he asked, twisting his wheel nervously.
Dusty Crophopper

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby GypsyCrest19 » Sat Dec 10, 2016 6:55 am

Jay; tagging Doc, Speed and anyone else

Jay smiled assuringly to the Doc as he spoke and they waited for the arrival of the plane. She really didn't like to see him look so down and worried. Jay looked to Pliers on her hood, who was now chewing his leash. But the leash was reinforced and wouldn't be frayed by any chewing of the sort. She bumped her hood to catch her bird-buggy's attention. "Easy there, tiger. Where we'll be going, you'll be glad for this leash." She said, and looked to Doc as he offered his assistance to one of the agents. Who was a little banged up, and as she watched him turn away the Hornet, Jay frowned as she thought that the young man turning away Doc's assistance was rather unneeded. Yes there was another Doctor, but Jay didn't think that one could choose their doctors when in such a condition as he was. She waited till Doc had turned over by her, and she sighed softly.

"If it makes you feel any better Mr. Hornet, but I wouldn't mind if you attended to any injuries I acquire during this trip." Jay said honestly. After all, the Corsair lady made her nervous. Must be the glares she keeps giving to the Celica.

As the plane arrived, Jay became a little nervous as well. She had never flown before. She stuck to Doc's side as promised, and Speeds as well, for herself to feel better at the fact that they were boarding a rather large plane! She was more comfortable by watching them, not riding in one. But she took in a deep breath, and held it for as long as possible as everyone got situated and settled.
GypsyCrest19

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Arctic-Poppy » Sat Dec 10, 2016 9:03 am

Wren:

On seeing the jet Wren shifted from her husband’s side, Finn would want them to board quickly.
“Yes I am well aware you don't care what people think of you, but please, for me?” Wren pleaded gently with the older warbird turning back from the direction of the jet to lightly press her spinner against his “besides I doubt anyone here is under any kind of illusion to her colours, they don't need you to prove it to them”
The super corsair’s flush deepened at her husband's louder tone and obvious grin, wishing she had never pointed it out to him he was clearly finding some amusement in winding her up. “Oh! Stop it!” she blushed and shoved him in the side “I can't take you anywhere!”

Wren’s attention was pulled away from her husband's chortling, watching Finn slap the boot on Shadow with some surprise it caused her some concern. It was good that Finn was being sensible and putting safety first but he still seemed to be wound a little tight. Wren Sighed as her husband began his scowling, “oh? And when do you plan to give him a substantial piece of your mind?” she murmured absentmindedly "I'm not happy either but he's good company at work... he is a good friend Skip" she tried to reassure her husband without rousing his temper again as they watched Dusty trail up the ramp after them “are you sure he doesn't, as you so eloquently put it ‘have the hots for her’? … only I remember a certain plane following a girl around like that… and look how that ended” she smirked and slipped up the ramp past him gloating a little, she hoped Dusty wouldn’t be so daft as to fall for a dangerous criminal… but it couldn't hurt to wind her husband up right back for the private jet comment.

Boarding the jet she passed Chase, the silver mustang sat in his seat brooding over some private thought, Wren cleared her throat “ Chase I will give you a once over once we hit a safe altitude ok?”
She stated quietly before settling in her own spot across from Skipper and likewise folding her wings in out of habit. She offered the older warbird a soft smile before Doctor Hudson’s voice distracted her, the gentleman looked nervous… like he could use a distraction after his phone call… maybe she could help with that but she decided to play it by ear for now.
Arctic-Poppy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Wario-Girl » Sun Dec 11, 2016 4:33 pm

Sally:
Tagging: Rod, Skipper, Wren, Sam,Shadow

Sally's eyes squinted to hear Rod's tone of voice taking a harder edge, somehow sensing that she had accidentally wandered into fragile territory.

"It's a good job you didn't go. You could have been chewed up out there... That was no job for a rookie. I still don't know why McMissle kept that flashy sports car with him, perhaps for looks, who knows. But she wasn't right for the job"

Sally wanted to smirk cynically at the comment about little miss perfect, but she somehow lack the energy to make the effort. Instead, she smiled lightly.

"Sometimes he makes me wonder too, but I'm sure he had a good reason, even if many of us don't agree with that reason," She paused for a time, a question suddenly pouncing onto her. If Finn was supposed to meet Rod, but ended up meeting that Tow Truck because of that prat Holley, then does that mean-

She caught the glance at the two air-crafts, noticing them looking over at her and Rod directly, the male plane smirking and she barely managed to make out the last part of his comment:

"...They need to get a private room on that jet!"

Sally instantly assumed they noticed the way she was acting. Oh goodness, was it that obvious?! She felt her engine hood burning, the chassis aching as shame crawled all over her, and she avoided eye-contact from them, hoping no one caught her reaction. Though to her surprise, his wife seemed to mildly enjoy his banter, but found it rather embarrassing herself, hushing him persistently. It was rather cute to her, and she thirst to have such a relationship with someone like that someday. Being confined in C.H.R.O.M.E wasn't exactly the best venue for romance. In C.H.R.O.M.E, no one had time for petty things.

"I'm glad you didn't go..." Rod had added, his voice much softer, genuine. Sally opened her mouth to speak her question, but the jet engines from the landing aircraft was nearing, making it almost impossible to ask him the question out loud. Perhaps she'll ask him a little later, when things weren't so chaotic...whenever that was going to be.

"ALRIGHT, EVERYBODY ON, NOW" Finn cried out, his voice barely audible over the jet engines, but the agents and Civilians gathered what he said. She knew for certain that there was a time and place for questions, but she was now burningly curious...there was something about that mistake back in Tokyo that seemed missing, something that Sally wanted to know desperately. Once the majority of the gang were a safe distance away, she turned to Rod.

She edged closer to Rod, perhaps a little too close, as their chassis touched slightly, her hood came close to him so that only he could hear this question she was antagonized by.

"You were supposed to meet Finn, in Tokyo, yes?" Sally asked, her eyes locked to Rod's hardened gaze. "Yet because of that silly woman you were mistaken for that Tow Truck, who ironically is American too...so...." her voice trailed off, as if she was unable to visualize what had happened to Rod in the middle of it all. He could easily have been lost, unsure where Finn had gotten to and returned to the HQ safely, but her mind always had a habit of thinking the worst of everything. She couldn't help it though...

She looked at him, as if trying to finish her sentence without actually saying anything, in case it would anger him. She was curious, sometimes too curious for her own good. "Were you....okay?" She asked kindly, carefully.

But before anything was said, she saw Finn pulling up beside her and Rod, and she flinched away from Rod as if burnt.

"Sally, I'll need you to keep an eye on the Carlisle. She seemed to react well to you, perhaps you can be a mediator of such.. I have a feeling she won't take too well to me," Finn's comment took Sally a little surprised. The Mustang blinked, looking up to see Shadow watching the Jet land, making room for him along with the others. No one but Dusty seemed daring enough to be so close to her, but with everyone around her in such a confined space, perhaps she would be more safe. But, looking at the Toyota as an engine, and not a criminal, Sally felt something towards her. She knew that the older Mustang, Sam, felt rather different compared to her towards Shadow, whether it'd be a generation gap or due to his masses of experience, she didn't know. But she wanted to help the Toyota, and not wishing to use the pistol she had little to no experience with.

She smiled at Finn, nodding her hood.

"Sure thing, sir," Calling him Uncle in front of Rod would be embarrassing! Perhaps Finn spied the uneasiness in her expression for a mere moment, as she witnessed him clamping the Toyota with a tire clamp, and the two exchanged somewhat dark spits at one another. Sally does worry about everyone, even the likes of Finn, Sam and Rod.

Sally turned to Rod at last, smiling softly as she dismissed the uneasiness that plagued her.

"Shall we?"
Original art (C) shadowtoyotacelica <3
"SENPAI, PLEASE NOTICE ME~!"
Wario-Girl

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ShadowWolfCelica » Tue Dec 13, 2016 6:58 am

Shadow still wasn't taking kindly to Skipper, practically glaring daggers as the Corsair retorted that he wouldn't be turning his back on her. "Good... you should be worried" She felt herself spit back, taking a note to keep an eye on him... he was big sure, but perhaps if he thought that he could use that weight against others, she'd be ready.

Dusty was telling her he still believed that everyone could change.... and whilst she was a little more skeptical, and didn't think that everyone could, she somehow respected his view, nodding her hood softly here. "Well, I admire your faith. I'm just not sure I can share in that myself I'm afraid" She replied to the plane. She glanced up again as Dusty asked her about regrets, and she had to pause for a moment...

"That's.... a hard question... I'll see if I can explain it in a way you can understand. There are... two sides to me, you could say. The one with morals, the one that wanted to run all those years ago... and the side that had to take over. The side that had to... see the world as a dark place, and that I had to rely on to make sure I got through the day. I've relied on that side so long, I don't know if.. regret is something I'm allowed to feel. I had to shut myself off from reality to stop myself going insane... I have a lot of oil on my tires and I'm not sure I even know how to begin regretting it. Not that I want to anyway... But I just.. I dunno. There are somethings that still leave me awake at night sometimes... though they're horrifying. I won't ever be normal like I once wanted. Too much has passed for that" She responded, moving her tires a little as she spoke, seeming to look down for a moment.

"Dusty, I'm gonna be honest, I-" She started, though was cut off by Finn and his clamp, soon being pushed on and away. Finn gave a glance to Dusty as he was pushing her up the ramp, much to the disgruntled Celica's annoyance.
"She's still a criminal... a lot of vehicles here would feel better if she was booted and contained. We don't know her and can't trust her... neither can you. You have to remain cautious. She'll stab you in the tank as soon as she gets the chance... and she's armed." Finn said now, another shove pushing her into the jet. Shadow limped inside, being directed to the end seat, before being pushed in place. Finn and Shadow seemed to share a few glares before the Faultless moved off, being addressed by Doc

"Of course, there's one more to the back of the plane, on the left.... the code to access it will be 26933, dial that first and you can access any line" The agent told the doctor, a kind expression on his face. He glanced round to count how many had made it on board, before looking to Doc again. "If you're doing it now, I suggest you hurry, it won't be long before take off" He advised, looking over as Shadow seemed to mumble something to herself under her breath.

Rod seemed to smiled gently back toward Sally, amused by her comment it seemed. "McMissile is certainly special in that way, isn't he" He murmured, watching the Faultless move around... he seemed more tight now, and it wasn't unusual for the agent to get this way... though Rod always joked that Finn should be thinking of his retirement cottage in the country somewhere by now.
As Finn yelled for everybody to board, the whines of the engine causing everyone to try and block it out whilst they boarded, Rod could hear Sally speaking again, moving his hood to try and hear her.
She began to talk, but trailed off, a flicker of concern showing on his expression. "What's your point?" He probed now, though he felt the urge to board... they would be waiting soon. Torn between the choices, he saw Sally pull in closer, then ask if he had been ok... Ah. So that was it. He knew his involvement within the scandal would be questioned when it came to the tow truck... but not many knew what went on.

"I knew the tow truck wasn't an agent. McMissile never met me at the party like we planned with the Tokyo station. I was discovered by the lemons before I had a chance. I had to pass the information off to someone, as it became clear that McMissile wouldn't get there in time. I was taken from the party without ever meeting him" Rod explained at this point, before moving his hood for her to follow.

"Come on, let's get going" He said now, leading with some speed, barreling up the ramp and finding seats at the back still. Wow, the jet was... crowded, to say the least, with vehicles all shapes and sizes. Still, he saw that they would be positioned near the Celica, looking to Finn as he and Doc talked softly to one another.
"Choose a seat, I've got to talk to someone real quick" He smiled to Sally, letting her go first down the aisle, before turning to Skipper and Wren, pulling up in front of them.

"I wanted to ask you two something.... the likelihood of having a 'fly overhead' of the forest. It's possible that you may be able to get a good view of the forest from the air, perhaps even locate the.... area to which the cure is supposed to be. The only issue is we don't know how many families are there, and how many are armed. What I want to know basically, is would you rather be on the ground, or possibly up above... you're probably more durable than what Mr. Crophopper over there is.... he gets one bullet and he'll be nothing more than a mangled mess by the end of it"
Keep calm
and
Race On

ShadowWolfCelica

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Dusty Crophopper » Tue Dec 13, 2016 5:26 pm

Dusty

Dusty sighed here, and had been listening to her intently, but he was rather put off by Finn and his actions, and scowled as he tried to follow after him to tell him off. "Well hold on! If she's armed... disarm her." he suggested, stating the obvious, but not seeing why that was such a problem. He'd seen plenty of cop shows and movies after all... to not disarm the suspect was just... asking for trouble.

"OK look... let's just... take it easy with her OK? Yes she needs to be watched but look... treating her like a criminal might reinforce that mindset in her... treating her like... like..." he trailed off here, sighing again. Maybe Finn was right... he was experienced with this after all... maybe... Shadow couldn't be trusted... but still... there was just something about her that... he wanted to trust. She seemed sincere... like she wanted to change. Why bother telling him she had TWO sides if she was trying to manipulate him... she would've just told him she had one... the one that wanted to change... mentioning she wasn't sure if she even had regrets spoke volumes to him about her... and he wanted to believe in that.

Once Finn had shifted his attention to Doc, Dusty rolled over to Shadow now, giving her a pained look. "Sorry he treated you that way... if it were up to me... you'd be allowed to roam about... disarmed, but free." he said now, speaking softly and calmly. "I... I'm glad you told me about that. Shadow... if you could choose... would you choose to run? And not the other way? The one that has to see the world darkly?" He inquired now. "And would you choose... for... for..." he hesitated here, trying to figure out how to state this, his mind pulling him in multiple directions at once. "For someone like... well like me?" he asked now. "Who genuinely would like to see that." he asked, his voice earnest but still soft, the plane embarrassed but wanting to know the truth behind that as well.

Skipper

Skipper rolled his eyes but smiled. "Yeah, yeah fine... for you." he said now, kissing her side as they boarded. "Ehhh I dunno... still need to drag her down any chance I get." he muttered, shooting another icy glare in Shadow's direction. "DUSTY doesn't seem to notice after all." He practically spit the words out. As his wife shoved him, he chuckled here, and grinned. "Ohhhh well you KNOW you can "take" me anywhere." He winked at her here, raising his voice again slightly, but not really shouting with that said either, hoping to at least embarrass her slightly in a good natured way.

Skipper bit his bottom lip and thought about her next question, playfulness dropping from his demeanor now. "Soon." he said, looking back to Finn now and frowning. "Soon. And yeah he's a good friend fine but... I don't like him insisting on dragging you out into the field when..." he paused here, then gave up it seemed. He turned his attention back to Dusty, and narrowed his eyes. "He better not... if he knows what's good for him... but still... yeah heheh... it ended horribly and in flames." he joked here, playful demeanor back again as he nudged her with his wing folded in reference to her story about them.

But he turned when Rod approached them now, and frowned thoughtfully. "Uh... well I suppose I could do that, and yes... I'm way more agile in the air but... if this place is heavily defended... they might have things like AA defenses after all... possibly even AA missile batteries... in which case I'll be hard pressed. Do you have ANY accurate intel about this place and its defenses?" he asked the Deringer, raising an inquisitive brow.

Doc

As Doc boarded the plane, he caught Jay's whisper, and it made him feel slightly better, the old car giving her a wizened smile. At least she was nice... and optimistic... a very kind soul, and it warmed him up inside to see that. "Heh... thanks Ms. Jay. I do appreciate that. I want to help people first and foremost after all but... it's kind of hard to live with the fact that I've violated my Hippocratic oath to 'do no harm' after all." he sighed here, looking down at his hood again. Looking up when Finn addressed him, he nodded at the Faultless. "Yeah... all right." Hudson responded, steeling himself for this. "I'll make it quick... I just... I need to hear their voices again... I need to... if they don't answer then... then..." He didn't finish that sentence, and drove unsteadily towards the communications panel, his wheel moving out to type in the code that would link him with the outside world, though he noticed it shaking terribly, and he roughly tried to get back in control of his body.

This was it... the make or break moment... the moment everything would be revealed... he then keyed in Lightning's phone number, and held his breath, hoping beyond hope the kid would pick up. "Come on kid..." he whispered, his voice hoarse even as he realized the line wouldn't be recognized... his old phone had been destroyed after all when he'd been taken prisoner...

"Come on kid... come on kid pickup! Pick up!" he urged, voice rising just a bit. But then Lightning's voice came through the line... but it was his voicemail. "Hey it's Lightning McQueen here! I can't come to the phone right now, so go ahead and leave your name and number at the beep, and I'll get back to you. Kachow!" Doc heard, the old Hornet cursing his luck. "D*****!" he breathed. "S***!" He slammed his wheel on the floor, closing his eyes as he heard the beep, his world closing in on him in that instant. "Uh...hey... kid... it's me... Doc... Doc Hudson." he said slowly. "I know you haven't heard from me in well... over a year but... I'm alive... I was being held prisoner... I... I need you to call me when you can... uh..." He looked up, eyes scanning the radios and the frequencies and trying to pick out a number of this device. "Try..." he began reading a number off from a screen, hoping it was right. "I hope to Chrysler you're OK... I'm worried about you and everyone in the town... please just... just let me know soon OK?" he asked now, cutting the feed after that, the long, drawn out beep the only thing he heard now as he stared blankly ahead.

"Maybe... maybe he's not home or... maybe he just didn't recognize the number or... he... he's busy yeah... could be at a race...it is the weekend after all." the Hornet murmured, reversing away from the panel now, worry evident in his voice.
Dusty Crophopper

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me