Ranger's Apprentice Roleplay 2.0 - (Accepting)

For roleplays featuring human or human-like characters which are based on a book/movie/tv show/band e.g. Twilight, Harry Potter, Hunger Games, One Direction etc.
Forum rules
Remember, all content must remain child-friendly at all times!
Users breaking this rule by using foul language, roleplaying explicit sexual scenes, excessive violence/torture, non-consensual 'romance', or other adult themes may be banned.

Please remember to read all the rules stickied at the top of the board before participating in any roleplays.

Ranger's Apprentice Roleplay 2.0 - (Accepting)

Postby HP is a potato » Fri Oct 07, 2016 8:35 am

Image to the second version of this roleplay!

Well, you've always wanted to be a ranger. Lucky you! A ranger came to your orphanage this year and he wants to recruit an apprentice. There's just one thing; there's a sudden interest in becoming a ranger with... female. This Ranger has two surprising pieces of info for you: first, females are allowed! second, he's taking two apprentices this year -Gasp- So, congrats, you get to be a ranger, well, if you pass training that is. You still have yet to figure out why all this madness is going on, but I'm sure you will eventually.

If you read all of that, I congratulate you, also, put "Actual" in the "Other" section of the form

Okie dokie, if this role play is going to hold up, we need some rules

Rules-

-You finish training when your mentor thinks you're ready-
    -As many characters as you-and I- can handle please-
    -Please use the discussion thread for OOC talk. It's in the Announcements section -
    -Of course Tess's rules apply-
    -Additional animals are added via role-
    -I'll send you the horse form when your mentor takes you to get the horse-
    -More will probably be added so keep watch. Please add "Potato" after "Actual" in "Other" if you read these rules; you won't be accepted by Crowley if you didn't read the rules. Then put your other stuff before the "Actual Potato"-
    -Please. Don't make any Mary or Gary Sues. We've all got faults and issues, so your characters should too. If you don't know what a Mary or Gary Sue is, take this test to see if your character is one. It's kind of long, so good luck. MAKE SURE YOU READ THE INSTRUCTIONS!-
    I am very prone to spontaneity. None of these rules will probably stay around for very long. I'm also pretty lenient so do whatever you want as long as it doesn't go against the site rules.

Announcements!

We started a new thread due to the amount of people dropping out.

Dear newbies/people hoping to apply,
    Please post your form on the character thread. Thank you. (Link below ↓) :3
    Character Thread
    (New) Discussion Thread

Made a minor change to the form. You can edit yours or keep it the same way, doesn't matter.

If you could all move your forms to the character thread, I'd appreciate it, thanks.

Non-Ranger Characters
Ranger horse breeder
Rauf(m)-deceased
(Ellie will be taking over when she's old enough)
King Christaupher's Spymaster
Lina(f)
Last edited by HP is a potato on Sun Feb 26, 2017 12:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
HP is a potato

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Ranger's Apprentice Roleplay 2.0 - (Accepting)

Postby HP is a potato » Tue Oct 11, 2016 11:44 am

Halt
((I'm making up a new king because fight me))

While Halt normally enjoyed being in the saddle, he didn't take much time to savor this ride. His mind wandered, trying to make sense of everything. The letter from Lina had caught him off guard, even shook him a bit. She had asked to see him in person in Araluen fief, so he had dropped everything and set off immediately. Lina's letter had mentioned an assassination plot against King Christaupher.
Halt remembered meeting the new king when Christaupher was just a boy, nearly a decade ago. He was crowned king less than a year before, after his father was murdered by a usurper by the name of Valentine. It seemed that someone was trying to repeat Valentine's actions to take the throne once again.
The senior ranger breathed a sigh of relief as he crested the hill that overlooked the great keep. Araluen was an impressive sight even in broad daylight, but it looked massive in the light of the setting sun. Sharp shadows made the battlements seem impossibly high. He pulled the reins back to stop his shaggy horse. Abelard tossed his head, as if grateful for the break.
"It's been awhile since we've been here, eh?" Halt pulled his hood farther over his head as he felt raindrops fall on his bare forearms. Soon it would be too cold to go without an undershirt, but for now, the ranger would take advantage of the warmer weather. He gave his horse a gentle tap on its sides to get it moving again. Maybe it was his imagination, but Abelard seemed to step higher and faster than before.
It was raining quite hard by the time the horse and rider crossed the wooden drawbridge over the moat. The still, black water at the bottom seemed to look back at Halt as he watched his reflection cross the water. The moment he was inside the castle walls, he knew there were evil hands at work, and that he needed to be especially careful who he trusted. Halt needed people he knew...rangers. He made up his mind to send for the ones that had helped with Valentine's overthrow as soon as he got the chance.
Halt reluctantly left Abelard in the capable hands of a stablemaster. As much as he hated leaving his furry friend, he knew time was of the essence. The short man noticed the awed gazes that followed him as he made his way to the castle. Lina had asked him to meet her at the top of the tower in the servant's wing. Halt guessed this was to keep his arrival a secret, but that seemed impossible now.
The top of the tower turned out to be a storage room that had clearly been abandoned long ago. Now all that it held was empty boxes and cobwebs. A good place for a secret meeting. Halt leaned against the stone wall in the back of the room, watching the door. Lina would arrive soon, he was sure. People talked and word would reach her that he was here.
The ranger shut his eyes, and felt them burn from the strain of being open since the early morning. His cloak was soaked through and his shaggy hair was clinging to his forehead, but the ranger refused to remove it. Though he didn't actually fall asleep, Halt felt his body relax and his thoughts felt far away, as if he was dreaming.
Halt was shaken from his momentary rest by the sound of the heavy oak door swinging open. He didn't move anything but his eyes to watch Lina walk in. At first, Halt wasn't sure that it was Lina. The figure that entered was cloaked and there was no way to determine the person's gender. Soon, though, they noticed him in the corner and removed their hood. Short, red locks fell around the young woman's face.
"I didn't see you at first. That's not something I say very often," Lina said with a smirk. Halt stepped out of the shadows and into the light of the oil lantern hanging near the door. He was feeling particularly grumpy and exhausted, so he chose not to acknowledge her comment and jump straight to business.
"Do you know who's trying to kill the king?" The grey-bearded ranger asked gruffly.
"No. Not yet. Just that someone is." Lina pushed a loose red strand of hair out of her eyes.
"What evidence do you have?" Halt crossed his arms and straightened, trying to look taller. Unfortunately for him, Lina had nearly a head on him.
"Well, Chris's-," Lina cleared her throat, "excuse me, King Christaupher's mead was poisoned a fortnight ago. One of the servants apparently sampled some of it before it reached his dinner table. He was found dead in the wine cellar. Then last night, a young man went into the private quarters with a dagger, saying that he was sent to kill a rat. Some of the guards stopped him. He's being held in the dungeon below the castle if you want to question him." Halt nodded slowly. He would certainly question the boy, but he had a few more questions for the red-haired girl.
"Does His Majesty know about these attempts on his life?"
"Yes. I told him, but he's taken no action against them. I've begged him to increase his guard or have someone look into, but he insists that I'm all he needs." Lina looked away from Halt's cold grey eyes. There was something she wasn't telling him.
"And you called me here because you're not as confident in your abilities as he is," Halt finished, uncrossing his arms and putting his hands on his hips. Lina shook her head and began to pace nervously.
"These attempts got past me. I thought...I hoped that you would be able to give me some assistance in figuring this out. His Majesty also said that he doesn't want me to call any help in because he's entertaining diplomats from several of our allied countries. He doesn't want them to think that we're in trouble...politically." Halt felt there was something else she wanted to say, so he stayed silent, waiting for her to continue. "I think it's the work of one of the nobles that are visiting," she said, finally.
"You want me to investigate them, then?" Halt asked with a sigh. He wasn't looking forward to spending time with a group of people who were chiefly interested in politics and gossip.
"Precisely. I was hoping that, since you technically are Hibernian royalty, and since we don't have any ambassadors from Hibernia you could..." She trailed off with a grin. The ranger grumbled something under his breath and turned away from the girl. Halt had run from his former life long ago, and he had no interest in returning to it. Now, he was being asked to go back to it. Unfortunately, it seemed he didn't have much choice. At least, not if he wanted his king to live.
"Very well, I'll need help, though," he agreed after a good minute and a half of contemplation. Lina's grin turned into a beam and she hugged the short ranger. Halt stiffened, uncomfortable with the girl's reaction.
"Thank you! And yes, of course, whoever you need. We'll send for them right away."
"...and so, I'm requesting your aid in this investigation. I would not bother to ask if I didn't think that you were capable. I'm aware that things may have changed; that you may have a new apprentice, or no apprentice at all, but I will need assistance and your help would be invaluable. Please come to Araluen fief at your earliest convenience and be discreet." Halt finished the last of the letters, slipping it into an envelope. He dripped a glob of wax on the edge of the fold and used the oak leaf signet ring to seal it. Now to mail them.

((Now we can have everyone start on their way to Araluen! Super sorry for the long post.))
Image Image Image Image Image ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) I am a girl, yes thank

Feel free to pm me about anything. And I mean anything, even if you think it's weird or awkward. I'm weird and awkward so....
"If you don't listen down here too, you risk your breeches." - Sera, Dragon Age Inquisition
HP is a potato

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby HP is a potato » Tue Oct 11, 2016 12:20 pm

James

James kicked the base of the wall where he knew the head of Onyx's bed was on the other side. Generally this woke her up, but sometimes she needed extra convincing. The ranger reread the letter in his right hand while taking a long drink of coffee from the mug in his left hand. He had already pulled himself together, or at least as together as he ever was, and was starting preparations to leave. When Halt called, you answered.

Feel free to pm me about anything. And I mean anything, even if you think it's weird or awkward. I'm weird and awkward so....
"If you don't listen down here too, you risk your breeches." - Sera, Dragon Age Inquisition
HP is a potato

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ☆ѕтαяяу ѕкιєѕ☆ » Tue Oct 11, 2016 12:33 pm

Onyx

"I'm up, I'm up," I grumble, reluctantly heaving myself out of bed. He knows I hate him waking me up that way; that's probably why he does it, now that I think about it. "Jerk," I mutter to myself with a small smile.
I quickly change and join him in the main room, finishing tucking in my shirt while I'm at it. "What's up?" I ask
Proud member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. I will gladly answer any questions you have!

Image..ImageImageImage
Image Image
Image...Image
☆ѕтαяяу ѕкιєѕ☆

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby InfectedHau » Tue Oct 11, 2016 1:18 pm

Rishida

"Ow, ow, ow, damn it, damn it, damn it!"
    Rishida stumbled, cursed, and tripped over various objects littering the floor on her room, meandering in the vague direction of the curtains. She'd been a ranger for almost two weeks now, but her organizational skills had yet to reflect that. Her room, as per usual, looked like a tornado had recently passed through, bits of clothing and other various sundries littered the floor, forming a maze that not even she knew how to navigate.

Something long and soft tangled itself around the young Arridi girl's feet, and with a shriek of surprise she fell, hands grasping wildly for something to stop her descent. She found the edge of the curtains, grabbed on, and took them with her, ripping the fabric off of its rail and spilling sunlight into the cluttered room. Spots swam in front of her eyes as she banged her head against the wooden floor, and pain shot up her arm as her elbow connected with something hard.

Eyes watering, Rishida pushed herself upright, taking stock of her surroundings. The object tangled around her feet was her ranger cloak, its mottled surface blurring it against the background of clutter behind it. The object responsible for her bruised elbow was her saxe knife, glinting dully in the sun. Seeing as how she'd been startled awake, yawning wasn't really necessary as Rishida got to her feet, though she did rub the sleep from her eyes as she set about getting dressed. Pulling a shirt and pants that didn't look too terribly dirty from the chaos around her, the apprentice pulled them on, fastened her de-tangled cloak around her neck with her bronze oakleaf, and set out into the cabin. Hopefully Gilan wasn't awake yet, and if he was, hopefully he hadn't heard the struggle in her room. She wasn't sure what time it was, but hopefully she hadn't overslept. Again.
InfectedHau

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby HP is a potato » Wed Oct 12, 2016 8:46 am

James

"Hope you didn't have anything going on for a few months. We're going to Araluen." James set his mug down on the oak counter in the kitchen corner. He picked up an identical empty one and held it out towards Onyx. "You'd best drink your coffee while you pack. It looks urgent," the ranger smirked at her, finally looking away from the letter. It had been too long since they went on a real mission.

Gilan

Gilan was jerked awake by the sound of something falling with a thud. His hand instantly reached for the knife under his pillow, which wasn't there. He sat up and searched for it frantically, eventually finding it on the floor. It was likely that he had knocked it off the bed in the middle of the night. Gilan scooped it up quickly.
Now that he was armed, Gilan realized it was just Rishida as he heard her quietly cursing in her bedroom. The young man collapsed back onto the bed, heaving a heavy sigh and pushing his hair out of his eyes. It had gotten quite long, but he didn't feel like cutting it- not yet.
Once his heart had slowed, Gilan rolled out of bed and grabbed yesterday's shirt from the floor, pulling it over his bare torso and stood. The wood under his feet was cold- a gentle reminder that the air was cooling down and making way for autumn. Gilan stuck his blade back under the pillow and staggered into the main room of the cabin to start a fire. He had just placed the tinder when Blaze let out a low whinny. Someone was coming up the path.

((Lol I can't write today))

HP is a potato

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby InfectedHau » Wed Oct 12, 2016 10:36 am

Rishida

Gilan was already up when Rishida walked into the main room of the cabin. She would've been there earlier, but she'd paused a moment to fix her hair in the mirror that hung outside her room. She'd never been one for primping, but even she had some standards.
    She might as well look her best, it wasn't like she'd blend in by looking ragged. Her sharp Arridi features and dark skin made her stick out in any Araulen crowd, it was rather hard to go unnoticed when you were the only speck of brown in a sea of white.
    "Morning, Gil," she said, walking over to where her mentor was bent over the fireplace. "Sleep okay?"
InfectedHau

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ☆ѕтαяяу ѕкιєѕ☆ » Wed Oct 12, 2016 11:56 am

Onyx

I snort. "Me? Have plans? James, do you know me?" I ask with a derisive chuckle. I reach out to take the cup, then remember he played this trick on me last week. I wave my finger. "One of these days you're going to find yourself with salt in your own coffee," i warn.
Proud member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. I will gladly answer any questions you have!

Image..ImageImageImage
Image Image
Image...Image
☆ѕтαяяу ѕкιєѕ☆

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby HP is a potato » Wed Oct 12, 2016 1:39 pm

Gilan

"Morning." He replied gruffly and straightened slowly. His back was rather sore, though he couldn't recall doing anything that might cause soreness the day before . . .
"Well enough. And you?" Gilan asked as he let the smaller sticks burn. He crossed the room to the window looking out the front of the house to see who was coming. To his relief, it was just the courier. At least it wasn't someone unpleasant, he thought. Gilan decided to let the courier drop the mail off on his own. He would go out to fetch it once he was ready to face the day. Right now, he needed coffee.
The ranger reached above his head and retrieved the coffee pot from the little shelf above the larder. He moved back to the fire and added a log now that the flame had grown a little bit larger.
"I can't recall, do you like coffee?" Gilan asked, turning his head towards Rishida for a second, then turning back to the fire.

James

James grinned again and waggled his eyebrows while taking a drink out of his coffee mug.
"In all seriousness, though, we should head out as soon as possible. I'll give you the details while we pack." James said after he had finished the last of his coffee. He set his cup on the counter and reached into a bucket of water for a dishcloth to clean it out. Normally he would've sent Onyx to fetch the water, but he had already taken care of it. Besides, Onyx would need all the rest she could get. Araluen was a long journey from Hogarth.

((I feel like Hogarth is actually pretty close to Araluen but I dOn'T cAre))

HP is a potato

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby InfectedHau » Wed Oct 12, 2016 3:43 pm

Rishida

"How could I not?" Rishida asked. "My people invented the stuff, I'm pretty sure it's impossible for me not to." Of course, what she failed to mention was that she usually loaded her coffee with milk and sugar, something that any Arridi, or any Ranger for that matter, would see as sacrilegious. Even as she spoke, she was pulling the aforementioned contaminants from their various cupboards in preparation.
    "So," she asked, once again moving to stand by the fire with her mentor, "what are we doing today? Do I get my horse yet?" Rishida had always liked horses. The castle stables were just a short hike and climb from her orphanage, and she went there as much as she possibly could. The skills she displayed eluding the stable hands was one of the things that had convinced Gilan she'd be a worthin apprentice in the first place.
InfectedHau

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me