Rise From the Ashes | Star Wars RP OPEN

For roleplays featuring human or human-like characters which are based on a book/movie/tv show/band e.g. Twilight, Harry Potter, Hunger Games, One Direction etc.
Forum rules
Remember, all content must remain child-friendly at all times!
Users breaking this rule by using foul language, roleplaying explicit sexual scenes, excessive violence/torture, non-consensual 'romance', or other adult themes may be banned.

Please remember to read all the rules stickied at the top of the board before participating in any roleplays.

Rise From the Ashes | Star Wars RP OPEN

Postby amithethird » Fri Dec 25, 2015 2:53 pm

Not long ago, the Empire was destroyed. Thanks to the efforts of the Rebel Alliance, a new Republic rose from the ashes of corruption and tyranny. A new Senate was established, and there was peace between worlds. It was a time to rebuild and forget about the pain of the past. Luke Skywalker, the last Jedi master, established a new Jedi Order and traveled across the galaxy, seeking out Force sensitive people to train in the ways of the Force. Though the old ways were largely lost to the past, save for some old holocrons and knowledge passed by word of mouth, Luke managed to build a good foundation on which the new Order could stand.

Years passed, and as the New Order grew, so did a new threat to the galaxy's hard won peace. Some were not willing to let the Empire disappear forever, and the First Order was founded with one goal in mind: destroy the Republic and take back what the Empire could not keep. The Resistance was quick to arise after the First Order made itself known, for they knew what would happen if this new threat was allowed to gain strength.

And gain strength they did. They were the first to strike, and they hit hard. Luke's Order was decimated by a group of dark Jedi, and the Padawans were scattered while Luke himself disappeared. Now the few remaining Padawans are struggling to come back together. They have all agreed to find the Resistance and meet there. Meanwhile, the First Order continues to hunt for any remaining Jedi that may stand in their way...

Rules
1. Tess's rules obviously.
2. No one-liners. I'd prefer at least a paragraph per post, but as long as you're not making tiny posts that no one can reply to, I won't be a tyrant about it.
3. This RP IS based off the new Star Wars movie, and while it doesn't really follow the plot, there may be spoilers so join at your own risk.
4. You may make canon characters but this RP is going to be mostly OC based.
5. Since the New Order is not nearly as strong as the old Order due to the fact that many of their traditions were lost to time, keep in mind that any Jedi characters you make will likely be inexperienced. Just use your judgement.
6. LOCW_Bluestarwarrior is my co-creator, so listen to them.

Form:
You can use mine or your own as long as you have the basic info.

Code: Select all
[center][img]Image here if you have one[/img]
[size=130]Name Here[/size][/center]
[size=85][b]Nicknames:[/b] here
[b]Age:[/b] here
[b]Gender:[/b] here
[b]Species:[/b] here
[b]Allegiance:[/b] here
[b]Rank:[/b] here

[b]Appearance:[/b] here
[b]Equipment:[/b] here
[b]Skills:[/b] here
[b]Weaknesses:[/b] here
[b]Special Abilities:[/b] here

[b]Personality:[/b] here
[b]Home Planet:[/b] here
[b]History:[/b] here

[b]Misc. Info:[/b] here[/size]

Characters

The Padawan Survivors
1. Britta Twi / 19 / Zabrak / PIF
2. Vanha Ruwan / 15 / Twi'lek / Spanner339
3. Aukso Viltis / 13 / Human / LOCW_Bluestarwarrior

The Resistance
- Cliff Lindkear / 20 / Human / Bomber pilot / PIF
- Bane Abillon / 31 / Mandalorian / Commando / biggle123
- Felone Quin'La / 25 / Human / X-wing pilot / Perfect Polish
- Boba Fett / 50s / Mandalorian / Commander / The Fett
-

The Dark Jedi
1. Kylo Ren / 27 / Human / PIF
2. Laika Renner / 23 / Human / Perfect Polish
3. Rowan / 22 / Human / Jedi Rey

The First Order
- Kata Vaikani / 19 / Human / Aliria
-

Civilians
- Cypher Thirteen / Female / appears 25 / Human cyborg / InfectedHaru
-
-

My Characters

Britta Twi

Nicknames: Bri
Species: Zabrak
Allegiance: New Jedi Order

Appearance: Britta wears robes much like traditional Jedi robes though she has personalized them a bit, most noticeably with an armored shoulder guard on her left shoulder. Like all Zabraks she has vestigial horns on her head and facial tattoos. She has black hair and orange eyes.
Equipment: Her most important piece of equipment is her lightsaber, a yellow-bladed weapon with a strong, clear blade very much like those of the old Order (though it tends to go fuzzy when struck against other lightsabers or lightsaber proof material due to the synthetic crystal) which she built with Master Skywalker's help. Her shoulder guard can resist blaster fire and light lightsaber strikes.
Skills: Britta know some basic self-defense, but her true strength lies in her use of the Force.
Weaknesses: Britta is not as good at hand-to-hand combat at others of her species, despite her training as a child. Lightsaber combat is something she can do, but it's not her forte, and she prefers to use the Force to get out of potentially violent situations before they occur.
Special Abilities: She hasn't completely mastered any particular moves with the Force, but her specialty is using the Force to deaden or block out pain and exhaustion in her body. This coupled with her species's natural pain resistance gives her incredible endurance as long as she is able to concentrate.

Personality: Britta is a very centered individual, and she seems very at peace with the universe. She's a motherly type who makes friends easily and is very protective. Under this calm exterior, however, lies a lot of self-doubt and anxiety. She's afraid that she'll never live up to the expectations placed upon her, and she is often eager to prove her competence which can lead to her taking unnecessary risks to get a job done.
Home Planet: Iridonia
History: Britta grew up on her home planet, Iridonia, in a village where to survive one had to be very tough. Britta was a hard worker and very intelligent, but as a fighter she seemed hopeless. One day when she was around 14, she and some other children out scavenging were ambushed by wild animals. The encounter awakened something in Britta, and she used the Force to push the animals away so that she and the others could escape. Word of what happened spread through the village, and when Luke Skywalker passed through on his search for Force sensitives, it didn't take him long to find Britta. Britta trained with the others under his guidance for five years before the attack on the Order came. An older member, a man who used to be a bounty hunter, tried to help her and some other teenagers escape. He was killed in the attack, unfortunately. Britta herself managed to escape major injury.

Misc. Info:

Cliff Lindkear

Nicknames: Just Cliff
Species: Human
Allegiance: Resistance

Appearance: Cliff has tan skin and brown hair which he likes to keep long and up in a ponytail. He has a piercing in one ear. His eyes are brown. He wears a carved pendant from his home world which looks like a stylized jungle plant.
Equipment: Cliff carries a blaster with him, as most rebel do
Skills: Cliff is an excellent pilot, though his specialty lies in larger ships rather than small fighters. He's also a decent shot with a pistol.
Weaknesses: Cliff can pilot fighters, but he's not as good at it as others. Fighters have touchier controls, and having to do quick maneuvers rather than smooth bombing runs isn't his area of expertise.
Special Abilities: None

Personality: Cliff has a strong moral compass. He's also stubborn and daring. He's no stranger to taking risks. He's level-headed, precise, and can keep calm in tough situations. He's always been adventurous and enjoys outdoor activities such as hiking when he gets a moment of rest, though one never really knows when disaster will strike.
Home Planet: Onderon
History: Cliff grew up in the shadow of the Empire and the First Order. Though he was born years after the Empire's fall, his home planet had made no secret their alliance with the Empire, an unfortunate consequence of Onderon's conquering by the Republic during the days of the Clone Wars. Cliff grew up on a world whose economy was destroyed by war and whose people were torn apart by differing ideologies. Finally he decided he'd had enough of it. He was tired of watching the world fall apart, so when the First Order came to power he decided to do something about it. Soon as he could, he hitched a ride on a ship leaving the system and sought out the Resistance. He hasn't been with the Resistance long, but he has worked his way up to a pilot's position in the fleet.

Misc. Info: None

Kylo Ren

Nicknames: Formerly known as Ben Solo
Allegiance: First Order

Appearance: Kylo often wears a mask and a black cloak to hide his identity (and probably because it makes him look intimidating.) Underneath he's very normal looking. He has black hair and brown eyes.
Equipment: Kylo carries an unconventional red lightsaber that he built himself. It has a strange, fractured look about the blade due to the damaged crystal inside, and the crossguard actually functions as exhaust ports of sorts to help stabilize the blade.
Skills: He's very adept at using the Force, and he can use his lightsaber very effectively against blaster-wielding opponents.
Weaknesses: Lightsaber combat isn't his strongest skill and often he uses the Force in battle to make up for this.
Special Abilities: His abilities range from mind reading and mind control to using the Force to stop even the fastest opponents and projectiles in their path. He's a very gifted Force user.

Personality: Kylo's temperament ranges from calm, collected, and intimidating, to scattered, angry, and irrational, and he can switch back and forth between the two quite easily. It's no secret to those he works with that he has some anger issues, and when things don't go according to plan, he tends to destroy things in his frustration. Thankfully he hasn't been known to take his anger out on people, which is somewhat surprising given his general disregard for others. He feels very little outward compassion towards other people, and he actively seeks to be cold and heartless. In his mind goodness is the same thing as weakness. He has a very clear idea of who he wants to be, and he often struggles with this vision of himself and who he really is. Even as he shuns the light, he also struggles with the desire to return to it.
Besides his moral struggles, Kylo is also known to be calculating, adaptable, and somewhat over-confident. He knows how to strategize and when things don't go according to plan, he can adapt to the situation and change the plan quickly. However, he sometimes over-estimates his own abilities or under-estimates the abilities of others. This sometimes gets him into trouble, but due to his resourcefulness he can often turn these failures around to make them less costly in the long run.
Home Planet: Unknown
History: Kylo was born to Han Solo and Leia Organa not long after the battle of Endor. He trained under Luke Skywalker in his former master's New Jedi Order, but he felt he could never reach his full potential working on the side of the light. He came to be part of the First Order after betraying his former teacher, Luke Skywalker, and decimating Skywalker's new Jedi Order. After this event, Kylo took on his new name and succumbed to the Dark Side of the Force, aspiring to be just as powerful and feared as his grandfather, Darth Vader.

Misc. Info: none
Last edited by amithethird on Sat Jan 09, 2016 7:11 pm, edited 10 times in total.

Call me Third or Ami
I just graduated from tech school with a Hello Jon. Apologies for the deception, but I wanted to make sure you started reading so I thought it best not to announce myself-.
amithethird

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Rise From the Ashes | Star Wars RP OPEN

Postby Woogwoo Wren » Fri Dec 25, 2015 3:06 pm

Vanha Ruwan

Nicknames: Her friends call her Van
Species: Twi'lek
Allegiance: Survived Padawans

Appearance: She is a purple Twi'lek. (I'm bad at description...)
Equipment: Green lightsaber. She is also skilled with a pistol.
Skills: She is very agile, and a very loyal friend.
Weaknesses: She isn't very good with her lightsaber, a much better force user.
Special Abilities: None really.

Personality: Vanha is very loyal, once you become your friend she will lay down her life for you. She is quick to jump into battle, especially if a friend is in trouble. She is a bit of a trouble maker, and loves to play pranks. She can be easily angered, leaving her with the risk of turning to the dark side.
Home Planet: Ryloth
History: She was about seven when Luke found her, and she trained with him at his base. When the dark Jedi attacked, she was badly wounded, due to her trying to save a friend. She didn't manage to save her friend, and only managed to make it out alive by luck.

Misc. Info: Nothing. :D
"An eye for an eye
Hello! I'm Wren! I'm in my mid-teens and live
in New Zealand. I enjoy writing, reading, watching videos,
cosplaying, and drawing occasionally! I'm a Christian,
and always up to meeting new friends!

~ P ~ M ~ A ~
| Stories| A03 | Wattpad |
| RWBY | Merlin | Doctor Who | HP |
| 🐦| 🐺 | 🔬 | 🦊 |
|

and the world goes blind."
Woogwoo Wren

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby cinnamonroll » Fri Dec 25, 2015 3:19 pm

//cringe
Last edited by cinnamonroll on Wed Nov 02, 2016 3:39 am, edited 17 times in total.
hiatus
cinnamonroll

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Perfect Polish » Fri Dec 25, 2015 3:28 pm

(WIP)
Laika Renner

Nicknames: Barker
Allegiance: New Order

Appearance: She has long, slightly wavy black hair. Her suit is a military like one the is form fitting. She has a black cloak and on the shoulder are the new order emblem. Her eyes are dark brown.
Equipment: Red Saber
Skills: Sith Skills, she is exception with a lightsaber and is an amazing marksman.
Weaknesses: She dislikes heat and prefers the cold.
Special Abilities: Force Wielder

Personality: Laika can seem cold and cruel on the outside. She doesn't seem to care about others really. She does however feel bad on the inside. (more to come....)
Home Planet: Mygetto
History: She was born to a decendent Jedi and a bounty hunter. The bounty hunter killed the mother and took Laika. On they way to Snoke the ship was intercepted by the resistance. Laika became a pilot or them and eventually learned to use her powers however she rated out the resistance attack to the first order and became a sith.

Misc. Info: here
Last edited by Perfect Polish on Sun Dec 27, 2015 5:22 am, edited 4 times in total.
Perfect Polish

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby amithethird » Fri Dec 25, 2015 6:29 pm

(Spanner your character is accepted. Polish, is your character a Dark Jedi or one of the Padawans who survived?
Also I think I'm going to make a male character with the Resistance.)

Call me Third or Ami
I just graduated from tech school with a Hello Jon. Apologies for the deception, but I wanted to make sure you started reading so I thought it best not to announce myself-.
amithethird

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby InfectedHau » Fri Dec 25, 2015 7:08 pm

Erath Farsel

Nicknames: Cipher Thirteen, the Crimson Sword, and many others too numerous to name. She goes primarily by Cipher Thirteen.
Age: While technically over a thousand years old, she's about 25 in actual developmental years.
Species: Human, cybernetically enhanced.
Allegiance: Currently unaffiliated, subject to change

Appearance: Cipher Thirteen is of average height, relatively slim, with shoulder-length red hair and vibrant green eyes. Her cybernetics take the form of small silver implants that stretch from each of her ears to the corners of her mouth and just above her eyebrows. She typically wears a sleek black uniform consisting of almost skintight pants and a two-tone shirt, with a belt that houses various gadgets and weapons, and several different cartridges strapped to her upper arms.
Equipment: Thirteen's belt contains a prototype stealth generator, designed to make her invisible to the naked eye. She also has a chip implanted in her spine that allows her to hide her life signs, making her invisible to most forms of scanners as well. Her belt also has pouches for medical supplies, grenades, and various other items that could be of use. The cartridges strapped to her arms contain a variety of acids and toxins, which she can administer either directly or through a gas-powered dart launcher strapped to her left wrist. Weapons-wise, she carries a blaster rifle slung over her back, a blaster pistol at her side, and two vibroknives strapped to her thighs.
Skills: Thirteen was trained in both close and long-range combat, though she specializes in close-range, as well as slicing, stealth, and infiltration.
Weaknesses: Aside from her slicing knowledge being almost entirely obsolete now, Cipher Thirteen suffers from one major, crippling weakness: Castellan Restraints. At some point during her training, she was chosen as a test subject for a rather volatile mind control procedure. The result was twofold: anyone that happens to know her assigned codewoed; Microcosm, will have complete control over all her actions, and her psyche is also incredibly fragile, as she suffers from almost constant delusions and hallucinations.
Special Abilities: Cipher Thirteen's restraints have also given her a rather unique ability, termed the Limit Break protocol. With nothing more than a word, the parts of her brain that process pain and exhaustion shut down, rendering her immune to their effects. She'll still take damage, but she won't be able to feel it, which is why she usually saves this ability as an absolute last resort.

Personality: Cipher Thirteen can change her personality on a whim. She can be innocent, devious, seductive, arrogant, any persona she wants to be, she can be. Typically though, she's shrewd, cynical, and more than a little jaded, though she still maintains an air of professionalism.
Home Planet: Dromund Kaas
History: A thousand years ago, Cipher Thirteen worked for the old Sith Empire, in Imperial Intelligence. A rising star operative, her record showed nothing but successes, until she was tasked with a long-term, deep-cover operation, which led to her killing a Sith Lord. Now labeling her a threat, Thirteen's Castellan Restraints were activated, and she was frozen in carbonite, along with her weapons and equipment, to be thawed out when she was needed again. Shortly after, the Sith Empire fell, and she was lost in the ruins of the citadel. Some thousand years later, she was found again by a group of bounty hunters and taken off-planet, where they hoped to sell her to the highest bidder.

Misc. Info: here
InfectedHau

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby amithethird » Fri Dec 25, 2015 7:13 pm

(Accepted. Cool character. :))

Call me Third or Ami
amithethird

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby LOCW_Bluestarwarrior » Sat Dec 26, 2015 1:10 am

Aukso Viltis
Aukso Viltis

Nicknames: none!
Allegiance: New Jedi

Appearance: (see ref; it sucks but my only good one of him is traditional.)
Equipment: His yellow bladed lightsaber; a mechanical robot about the size of a kitten of that species of lizard that Obi-Wan rode to defeat Grievous (can't remember what it's called!)
Skills: General Padawan stuff. |D
Weaknesses: His left hand is newly robotic so he needs to get used to that.
Special Abilities: None as far as he knows...

Personality: He's for the most part happy and cheerful, but he does get scared in fights. However even if he is wildly outmatched he won't back down and claims its better to die fighting in what you believe in. He hates pain and can feel it through the Force; sometimes he thinks that could lead him astray and he fears that too. Pain also can make him either grumpy or irrational, especially if it is others'.
Home Planet: Coruscant
History: Began training as a new Jedi; separated from his master and friends; dueled a powerful Sith in a alley and got wounded, losing a hand; saved by a stranger and brought back to his master and friend.

Misc. Info: His name means 'the golden hope' in Lithuanian because apparently a Jedi prophet/future seer saw him accomplishing something wonderful. Whether it be a small role that makes something huge possible, or fighting on the front lines, this short kid is headed somewhere.
------------
------------Call me Blue
------------adult // fan of a great
------------many things
------------ImageImageImage
------------
------------
------------ImageImage
------------Art credit - me
------------
LOCW_Bluestarwarrior

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby amithethird » Sat Dec 26, 2015 9:54 am

(Alright, we're looking good guys. Once Polish and Rey finish their forms I think we can begin.)

Call me Third or Ami
amithethird

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby InfectedHau » Sat Dec 26, 2015 10:52 am

(Should I have Thirteen start out frozen, and have someone find her, or should she already be unfrozen?)
InfectedHau

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me