Squid Kids (Splatoon RP) - (Species restriction LIFTED!)

For roleplays featuring human or human-like characters which are based on a book/movie/tv show/band e.g. Twilight, Harry Potter, Hunger Games, One Direction etc.
Forum rules
Remember, all content must remain child-friendly at all times!
Users breaking this rule by using foul language, roleplaying explicit sexual scenes, excessive violence/torture, non-consensual 'romance', or other adult themes may be banned.

Please remember to read all the rules stickied at the top of the board before participating in any roleplays.

Postby moonie, » Fri Aug 28, 2015 1:53 am

felidae // 17 // oskar - gaius - ferne - zora
    the inkling sat quietly, listening to what her new friend had to say about his home, giving the occasional nod to let him know she was still listening. the way he described octo valley made it sound bleak and numb for lack of better words. underdeveloped. she was well aware of what he meant by kettles, seeming there were a few pages dedicated to it in her history book. exploration teams who had went down into the blank valley to try and gather some intel in case anything happened but as far as the members of inkopolis knew, nothing had. that was, until ferne and gaius had told the small group that the species that had been driven underground had stolen the zapfish.

apart from the octolings, were they the only inklings to know? did she have to keep this a secret? there were literally about a thousand questions that felidae had, but the octoling was probably nervous about being completely open to attack and felidae didn't want to push him and make him violent again. instead, the female picked up the overused history book from the side and instead flicked about half way through it, looking at the numbers of the pages before flipping a few pages over till the words 'octo valley' were printed in black across the top of the left hand page. the page had three pictures, one of a kettle and two of the scenery.

pointing at the picture of the kettle, felidae finally spoke up.
    "i've read all about the kettles. there isn't any information on how they work though. is it dangerous to leave these... 'kettles', then?" the inkling frowned, looking towards gaius. "there's no way that it's this rough throughout the entire valley."

there was a pause before felidae continued to question the octoling, throwing the whole 'don't ask too much' out of the window. "is that why you stole denchi namazu? was it to power your hospitals and homes?" they were well aware that they had probably overwhelmed them, but part of them had to know. octoling's had always been painted as such violent creatures by the books that attacked the inkling's the moment they deemed themselves in danger, but the way gaius phrased it it seemed like they literally had nothing and that frightened felidae. if the books lied then what else did they lie about? what exactly had they been taught that was true.

(( @ ploe - heck man i'll look straight into it once i've finished EB. i just got out of moonside (( which was creepy as heck might i add. ))

also, dude.i bet you'll be an awesome ness! even if your hat isn't official. i'm gonna start calling you that from now on

ness that is. not 'unofficial hat.'
    ))
    hey, this account has quit! sorry about that!
moonie,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Squid Kids (Splatoon RP) - (Species restriction LIFTED!)

Postby Ploegy » Fri Aug 28, 2015 7:21 am

Gaius - Male - Tagged; Oskar, Ferne, Zora & Felidae
Gaius glanced toward the book the inkling was looking at for a moment. Back home there weren't many books that the octolings could take out and read unless they were in school, but even then they weren't allowed to leave the building due to how rare they were in the valley. "It is dangerous to go outside the kettles and very few actually do. Getting out of them alone is dangerous since they are suppose to be powered by electricity, but now lack that so very rarely do octolings from separate kettles interact. After we stole your zapfish though, there was more interaction between the groups since it was safer to leave the kettles, but then the fear of the inklings coming drove us back into them," he told her. He wasn't entirely sure if all the kettles were rundown like his had been, but he was sure they weren't all fancy due to the lack of power the octolings had. "And the zapfish was stole to power everything we had, but specifically the kettles so that we might be able to travel more often without the fear of getting fried on the way out." Even now he knew that he shouldn't be outside the kettles, but here he was. He had made the dangerous move to leave and enter the main part of the valley.

(@Ree; I'm totally fine with you calling me that aha. And I will definitely be getting the hat soon just for first pictures I take of it I'll have a red and white hat with my fav hockey team's logo and name on it on)
───── ( ploegy ★ she / they ★ roleplayer & artist ★ weeb gamer ) ─────────────────────────────────
──────────────────────────────────────────────── ( my belovedmy guardian angel ) ──────
Ploegy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby moonie, » Fri Aug 28, 2015 9:54 am

"fear of inklings, huh,,," felidae repeated lowly to herself, tapping her finger against the paper of the book absent mindedly. after a few moments, the inkling shut the book gently, resting it on the neatly folded blazer and tucking one of her tentacles back out of her face. there was a moment before felidae's dull, ashen eyes flicked off to look behind gaius instead of at him and she finally spoke. "i'm sorry. nobody should have to fear for their safety out of their homes." sympathetic words were useless to the situation but they weren't sure what to say.

"so,, octo valley was awful enough for you to leave your kettle at the risk of getting hurt and abscond into inkopolis even though you didn't know how you'd be welcomed?" that was probably darker then it sounded. without electricity, wouldn't that mean the respawn points were down? had this octoling really clambered out of a kettle that could fry him into unbattered takoyaki to get out of the valley?

"so you really don't want to go back, hey. did you have a plan once you got out, or?" or did he have nothing. was it just a spur of the moment sort of thing that could land him in trouble. for somebody she had met barely half hour ago or however long they had been speaking, felidae sure came across worried about their wellbeing.

(( @ ploe - ooooh i seee. either way i'm sure it'll look great! it actually turns out i have a comic con coming to where i live for like the first time ever so i'm super excited. i'm not sure who to cosplay though. putrid moldyman seems fitting for me lmao

tfw you look up japanese foods to do with octopuses because inkopolis is hinted to be based off tokyo. ))
moonie,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby StarWithRockDots » Fri Aug 28, 2015 11:34 am

(@Soph- OK; see you when you return~)

Oskar (Male, 15) - Gaius, Felidae, Zora, and Ferne
"Seeing as a lot of Inklings haven't exactly been... fair to you guys, I think we should try to help you out as much as we can," Oskar told Gaius, looking a bit serious. It was the actions of Inklings that made life so dreary for the Octolings, and knowing this gave him a feeling of guilt. "Even if stuff doesn't exactly work out, though... You've made friends here, at least," he commented, trying to sound at least a little reassuring.
Turning to Ferne, now, Oskar gave her a nod, followed by a kind little smile. "It's okay; you go right ahead and get some rest. You could always still watch and cheer us on from the sidelines...!" he pointed out. "What do you say...? Wanna still tag along with us...?"

(I get this feeling that we should cut back a little on the off-topic OOC chat here on the RP; maybe move it to PMs. xD Sorry; not trying to kill the fun or anything.)
^ Click there to go to my off-Oekaki art gallery <3

Image Image Image Image Image Image

Splatoon Fanclub
Cozy Warriors-themed Discord server (Warriors knowledge optional)

Formerly known as SilverStärlight
Gaming mains and such can now be found on my Carrd (see my profile for the link)

----------
StarWithRockDots

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ploegy » Fri Aug 28, 2015 1:37 pm

"Well I didn't really have the thought of coming here when I left the kettle I lived in. I heard the grate move though and noticed a couple of octolings leave before I did so I'm not the only one here. I don't know where the others went though," Gaius admitted. When she asked if he wanted to go back or if he even had had a plan when coming out here, he shook his head. Since he hadn't been planning to come here in the first place he had no plans and he really didn't plan on going back either, but that really wasn't for him to decide in the first place. The octoling shifted awkward and leaned back in his place. "Well I guess if you really want to help me I won't say no. I guess it's the only way I can manage to stay out of Octo Valley."

Ferne/Agent 3 - Female - Tagged; Oskar, Gaius, Zora & Felidae
Ferne gave a small nod. She would still tag along with them to watch even though she wouldn't be participating in the turf war herself anymore. "I think I can manage tagging along to watch you guys. Just don't ink me or anything on the sidelines," she joked with a lopsided grin on her face. After the fall she had took, she honestly didn't feel like getting splatted while on the sidelines even if it was just by mistake.

(Sorry I'll stop now)
───── ( ploegy ★ she / they ★ roleplayer & artist ★ weeb gamer ) ─────────────────────────────────
──────────────────────────────────────────────── ( my belovedmy guardian angel ) ──────
Ploegy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby moonie, » Fri Aug 28, 2015 4:59 pm

felidae perked up slightly when gaius mentioned more octoling's escaping and they frowned. "so, that mean's there are more potentially dangerous characters out there then." they seemed to be stuck deep in thought before leaning themselves forwards and reaching for their drink, picking it up and taking a sip.

if it was the heat or the fact they had spoken so much for a usually quiet inkling, the girl didn't know, but her throat was sore and it hurt to swallow. due to this, she only took a few sips down before placing the bottle back down against the gravel by her bucket and blazer, giving one of her signature, low hums. felidae never seemed to be able to keep quiet, always humming or singing at tune.

"if you aren't planning to go back,,," felidae stopped halfway through their sentence as if trying to find the right words to say before continuing on. "then does that mean you would be sleeping on the streets?"

it was almost as if felidae was hesitating to say what she was about to say next. well, she was. half of her was scolding her for even considering offering but the other part of her was refusing to let him do such a thing. inkling's were young and they were a shoot first, questions later species. they'd splatter him before he could even protest that he wasn't going to harm them. at least if he had a roof over his head he would be safe. "if thats so,,, they maybe,,, maybe staying with me for a while wouldn't be a bad idea,,," felidae trailed off, unsure if this was a good idea.

surely this was weird. it was stupid. she was literally offering her sofa to a guy she had met thirty minutes ago but part of her trusted him even after such a short time. why? probably because this is a roleplay based off a children's game and the worst that could happen is she could get splattered and respawn in purple. besides, it was only for a few days, right?
    "just until you get yourself on your feet. it'll keep you safe and warm." and felidae was awfully curious about the octoling.

"i mean... it isn't exactly the most populated of areas where i live. actually, its rather.. underdeveloped. nothing special. but it's better then the streets, right?" well. maybe. actually the streets probably had more television channels then felidae had but at least she could sleep warm at night and have some kelp soup for dinner. she'd work out the details later, whatever.

"--but if you try anything funny i'll send you straight back to one of your respawn pads."

felidae's angled ears twitched slightly, listening to oskar and ferne speak, felidae gave a nod. "if the mall is in the mix, you can sit in one of the cafes and cheer us on." the inkling smiled gently, raising her fingers to gently touch one of the tentacles that doubled as 'hair.' "if it's saltspray rig though,,," that would be dangerous for ferne. the area was surrounded by water and one wrong move could throw her over the side. contaminated water and inklings did not mix. well, they did, however it involved the very distressing process of a inkling being melted and having to respawn with a pad. even more so, if the respawn wasn't the same shade of green as ferne was, she wouldn't respawn there and she would be in quite the sticky situation. best hope callie and marie had good new for the group.

(( ah, we'll keep it to a minimum! no hard feelings, right? ♪ ))
moonie,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DragonGlitch » Sat Aug 29, 2015 8:58 am

Zora- Gaius, Oskar, Felidae, Ferne

Ahh, I see.
Those Kettles must be dangerous...
She said, with a slight laugh this time. And she didn't know why.
It wasn't normal for her to laugh. She usually always straight forward.

Okay, we'll keep an eye out.
She said.
DragonGlitch

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ploegy » Sat Aug 29, 2015 3:02 pm

I suppose that they are potentially dangerous. If I knew exactly who escaped I might be able to tell you if they were or not, but I didn't see them and still have for that matter," Gaius replied as he tapped his chin in thought. Where the other octolings had escaped to he wasn't sure, but he knew they were around somewhere. Obviously they hadn't caused a commotion like he had done upon his own arrival, but that didn't mean they were any less of a threat. "I mean I could just go stay in Octo Valley and not return into the kettles, but that is kind of like staying on the streets." The octoling didn't mind the thought of being out in the open, but he knew it was dangerous for him to do such a thing. When the inkling offered to allow him to stay with her in her place, a light blush dusted his cheeks and he looked away in a flustered manner. "You really don't have to make such an offer. I'll be fine on my own."

(Sorry if my replies are super slow the next few days. I have a lot of packing to do before Monday when I move)
Ploegy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby osamu. » Sat Aug 29, 2015 10:06 pm

Back!

Swirl

she felt bored and slept on the floor.

Spray

Spray was still on the bench.
osamu.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby gojo » Sun Aug 30, 2015 11:40 am

(Super sorry for the late replies!)

Callie, 16-17---Marie
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
Callie took a huge bite of her ice cream cone as she sat back in her chair. That had been the best vanilla ice cream she had ever had… She ran a finger across her tongue to get a bit of ice cream off of her finger. She stretched and yawned, feeling much more relaxed than she had been, before she looked at Marie. She had forgotten if she had thanked her. She looked down at the napping she had used to hold the ice cream before balling it up and taking a deep breath. "Marie…" she started, looking up at her with starry eyes, "You're the best cousin a squid could ever have!" She announced a few seconds before she stood up and leaned over the table, pulling Marie into a heart-felt hug… Over ice cream. She had knocked over both her and her cousin's can, but thankfully, Callie's had been empty. After a few moments, she sat back down. "Ahem… The Plaza sounds nice." She replied, almost like the hug hadn't even happened, but there was still a big smile on her face.

Rei, 13---Luca
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
Rei watched quietly as Luca went to return the weapon before turning her attention towards Felidae and Oskar as they spoke with the strange looking… Inkling? She wasn't exactly sure what it was, so she shrugged. She glanced back as Luca emerged from Ammo Knights. It made her grin a little bit. She was happy that she found somebody like her, even if she looked a little bit more like a blob than he did. It never really bothered her, either. She approached the other inkling with a big smile and waved a little bit.

Yu, 15---Zydeco
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
Yu sighed. He didn't like the fact that she was more concerned about slowing him down than she was about herself. He decided it would be best to just brush it off. "Just take it easy, okay?" The octoling replied with quiet exhale. He had just decided to block out the chatter of the others on the train. He glanced towards the window for a moment before retuning his attention to Zy as she spoke up. He seemed to tense a little bit at the mention of their stop. He wasn't very sure about where they were going on all… "The… The next one." He spoke, but his tone was very unsure. He wanted to get off of this train as quick as he could, and if they ended up somewhere worse than he had expected, they could check out a map and hop back on the train. Or at least that was what he hoped.
gojo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me