Medieval Fantasy RP -3 Spots left-

For roleplays featuring human or human-like characters which are based on a book/movie/tv show/band e.g. Twilight, Harry Potter, Hunger Games, One Direction etc.
Forum rules
Remember, all content must remain child-friendly at all times!
Users breaking this rule by using foul language, roleplaying explicit sexual scenes, excessive violence/torture, non-consensual 'romance', or other adult themes may be banned.

Please remember to read all the rules stickied at the top of the board before participating in any roleplays.

Medieval Fantasy RP -3 Spots left-

Postby Ringworm » Sat Mar 20, 2010 9:01 am

Evil Minions are...Surprisingly hard to come by.

In this world, there are two Empires. Argon and Seeridell. Although it is not earth, a vast majority of the planets population is human, and the year is roughly equivalent to the dark ages.
Argon is a land of stability, where most criminals are eventually captured and sent to jail, followed by the jailer going home to a family and having dinner-Nothing bad has really ever happened.
Seeridell, on the other hand, is a place of chaos. The citys, while not filled with rioting barbarians are in need of repair. The town guards take bribes, thieves wait in alleys with knives, and even the ruler is something of an evil man. However, not every city in Argon is happy, and not every city in Seeridell is chaotic, most are.
After years of tense, unofficial anger between the two superpowers, Seeridell finally declared war on Argon.
Not a war with two sides on a field in opposite colors and swords, but a war nonetheless.
Seeridell has been attacking with a spell cast by the king’s most mighty mages, a disease making people turn into raging killers, literally making Argon crumble from the inside out.
But some people have a natural resistance, who can walk freely.
After being plagued with nightmares of what will happen to his beloved nation, the king finally sent out scouts to find these people and bring them to him, so he may brief them and hope that they had a fair price for risking their lives.
You happen to be one.

Rules:
1: Only 5 people in this party, nobody can have two characters.
2. Only mages can planewalk, but others can as well if the mage makes physical contact with them while beginning.
3: Other then that, Tess' rules apply.

Now, added info.
Argon has many different citys, as does Seeridell. The cities are as follows;

Auge Port: A fishing city by the sea, the houses are mostly packed tightly together, and alleys are common. Not exactly a tourist attraction, it is home to pirates, thieves and all around villainy. Good for rouges.

Renald: A city that almost literally runs on magic. The lamps are powered by magic, the plumbing is magic, even the river is pushed by magic. Weapons are not permitted in the city, and it is home to some of the most brilliant mages of Argon.

Tera: Home of the valley people. The town of Tera is filled with skilled hunters and rangers who reject anything magic, whom live off the land using natural resources. With a deep respect for animals, they do not disturb them unless to quickly kill them, so they live where they do not, in rocky valleys. Perfect for a hunter, ranger or druid.

Morak: The Bard city. The villagers in almost entirety work at pubs or as performers, and never run out of things to keep themselves amused, seeing as almost every day has some sort of festival. This has caused deep financial problems with the city, but the villagers seem too relaxed to care. After all, what are a few days without fresh food? Home to Bards and nomads, so many different people are from here.

Seeridell cities;

Xeron: A city which is almost a caricature of Seeridell. Riots are common, people kill for sport and theft is common. A very poor town, even children are mugged for spare change, and people are sometimes killed for the food in their house. Guards turn a blind eye to crimes committed by each other.

Zarekk: The city of Zarekk is not a city with a stadium, but a stadium with a city. Anually, Zarekk is flooded with massive waves of people, a blood sport festival is held there once a year.

Marzon: One of the few better places in Seeridell, the people of Marzon are mostly mages who keep to themselves, so literally that a fifty foot wall is kept around the city, with only one exit/entrance the size of a small door. They do not openly welcome shady people, but do occasionally let people in.

Barzu: Barzu is not much more than a large tower surrounded by workers, miles and miles of workers. Workers that dig deep into the earth making weapons from ore, that when die, are merely used to fuel the blacksmith's fire. The tower is home to the cities king, a ruthless man who cares only for himself.

Planes:
As mentioned, mages can go to different planes, which are basically different worlds. There are three of them

Plane of death: Surprisingly, not a gloomy place. The plane of death is nothing more then fog, which no matter how far you walk, does not end. People who lived a good life come here to die, and live in peace.

Plane of fire: The world’s hell, in short. Living a bad life gets you here, a land with no land. Forever falling in a cold air, you stay in limbo forever, never getting a moments rest.

Plane of creation: Not much is known about this plane, but what is known is that nobody has ever come back.

Now for the fun stuff.
You can have any race under the sun, basically. Argon is one big interspecies melting pot.
You can have to Misc skills
Swimming/Diver (Unless mentioned, everyone is an average swimmer, having this makes you a good swimmer.
Leather Worker (The ability to make clothes, or makeshift bandages.)
Animal Trainer (Wild animals are less likely to attack you)
Farmer (You know more about certain animals and plants than the rest of the team.)
Trapper (Food quickly becomes a problem, but not if you have a trapper.)
Butcher (Then again, nobody likes eating if it's not cut well)
Fisher (Getting food from water)
Cook (But nobody's going to eat that fish if it gives you e-coli)
Weaver (Better at making clothes then the Leather worker, but supplies for them are hard to assemble.)
Stone Mason (Cutting stone, maybe breaking into a cave or building a weapon?)
Wood Worker (A carpenter, basically.)
Artist (With a paintbrush at side, the world is your canvas.)
Engraver (The ability to chisel words)
Jester (When the party looks like it’s giving up, get ready to boost some moral, funny man.)
Navigator (The word lost is meaningless to you.)
Sailor (Navigator of the stars, you will never get lost at sea.)
Barber (Surprisingly, a useful skill. Not for haircutting, but because barbers know where not to cut, as to not cut an artery.)
Body Guard (You can take more hits.)
Herbalist (Ohnoes! it seems bob the fighter just got poisoned. And you, by the way, can heal him.)

Sheet:
Name: You hail from Argon, but which city?

Class:

Misc skill:

Age/gender:

Personality:

Fears and strengths: What makes you … well … you, everyone has something they fear but a hidden motive that makes them stronger every day, I want at least a paragraph explaining what yours are. And no, not a paragraph for EACH.

Appearance: Anywhere from your basic ‘Regular everyday normal guy’ to ‘walking friggin wall’ is acceptable, is your character 9 feet tall and covered in jagged armor? Awesome! Is your character 3 feet tall and an expert marksman? Coolbeans! Is your character an average size that can crush enemies with a glare? Even better!
BE CREATIVE!

Background: Don’t gimme your sad story of what drives you to revenge if you can help it, I’d rather see someone who is so full of him/herself that they have become convinced that their some sort of Avatar of a god.
Ex: As a human, you were raised by elven blade masters, why? Who cares?
Ex2: You trained as a communicator with the very forces of nature itself, a shaman of primal energies, Show your enemies why Nature chose you as a conduit for its devastating power.

*Exhale*
Last edited by Ringworm on Sat Mar 20, 2010 1:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Also,sometimes I get confused and think a signature is part of a post. How about you?
Ringworm

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Medieval Fantasy RP -In need of members-

Postby Ringworm » Sat Mar 20, 2010 9:07 am

[[Wow,that got bumped down fast.]]
Also,sometimes I get confused and think a signature is part of a post. How about you?
Ringworm

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Wolf_Fang_13 » Sat Mar 20, 2010 9:49 am

((Bookmarking))
~ Call Me Fang ~

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

"Friends are like potatoes. You eat them and then they die"
Wolf_Fang_13

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Moondancer » Sat Mar 20, 2010 9:53 am

(( bookmarking. I'm writing my form at the moment :D ))
I am the sword in the darkness.
I am the watcher on the wall
I am the fire that burns against cold
The light that brings the dawn
The horn that wakes the sleepers
The shield that guards the realms of men
For this night, and all nights to come.

'Kill the boy, Jon Snow. Winter is almost upon us.
Kill the boy and let the man be born'

Moondancer

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Wolf_Fang_13 » Sat Mar 20, 2010 1:28 pm

Name: Laila Stormwood from Auge Port

Class: Pirate

Misc skill: Sailor and Swimming/Diver

Age/gender: 21/Female

Personality: Laila is different than most girls. She is not the type that will sit around all day exchanging gossip about nonsense. No, she would rather be in the action and living her life to the fullest. To her nothing is too dangerous. She will be the first to spring into action and do whatever it takes to make her life more exciting. Laila is the type of people who when you tell them not to do something it motivates them more to do it. She is not one to back down from a challenge.

Fears and strengths: Laila, although she may seem fearless at times, has one great fear. Spiders. Sure, one or two are ok, but a whole swarm and you have trouble. To her nothing with that many legs is natural. Other than that she will most likely not be that scared of anything else. Laila at times seems one with the sea. Just breathing in the sea breeze helps clear her mind. One will rarely see her far from the shore if she could help it.

Appearance: Despite her boyish nature, Laila is quite small for her age, barely 5' 2", and has the body of a graceful dancer. Don't be fooled, she is stronger than she looks. Her skin is tan and slightly weathered from the sea, but still has a subtle beauty and grace to her. She has shoulder length black hair with a natural tint of blue to it and she usually ties it back in a loose ponytail. She has sharp bright sea green eyes that always have a challenging gleam to them. She prefers to dress in anything comfortable and she can move freely in. So you will never see her in a dress or skirt or anything formal for that matter.

Background: Laila was practically raised by the sea. Her father was a sailor and a skilled navigator. He taught Laila everything she knows about the open waters. From tieing knots to fixing a mast to reading the stars, Laila has learned it all. She and her father were very close and she would even join him on a voyage or two. Her mother on the other hand wished that Laila would be more woman like and stand still. Six years ago, her father set off on a trip with the crew. That night a storm hit and the ship never returned. Laila still hangs around the dock waiting for her father to return, not thinking about the worst that could of happened. Three years ago she bored of waiting for her father she has joined a pirate crew in wanting to get back out to the sea. She wasn't quite accepted at first, but soon proved herself to be one of the guys. She is now the first mate and even one of their best navigators. She is also not too bad with a sword.

((Tell me if I missed something))
Last edited by Wolf_Fang_13 on Sat Mar 20, 2010 2:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~ Call Me Fang ~

Wolf_Fang_13

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ringworm » Sat Mar 20, 2010 1:41 pm

[[The only thing you missed are two things I should have explained better,so it's technically my fault. Class would be like a rogue,or a barbarian. And a typo,I meant to say two misc skill instead of to. Other then that,it's great!]]
Last edited by Ringworm on Sat Mar 20, 2010 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ringworm

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Medieval Fantasy RP -3 Spots left-

Postby Ringworm » Sat Mar 20, 2010 1:54 pm

[[Bump.]]
Ringworm

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Wolf_Fang_13 » Sat Mar 20, 2010 2:02 pm

((Ok, edited it. Is it good now? I also edited the history a little bit))
~ Call Me Fang ~

Wolf_Fang_13

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ringworm » Sat Mar 20, 2010 2:08 pm

[[Perfect! I'll post mine now.]]
Ringworm

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ringworm » Sat Mar 20, 2010 2:23 pm

Name: Pluto from Renald

Class:Golem Berserker

Misc skill:Body guard,Jester

Age/gender:6,Genderless although he was made to appear male

Personality:Despite the near traumatic events Pluto has gone through,he almost always remains tranquil and happy.He was created to be a hulking killer,guarding a rich,prestigious mans house.He was labled a failure nearly the instant he was created-Yet this did not affect him,even when thrown out onto the street.He keeps a calm,innocent personality at almost all times-his creator had some knowledge of making golems.Rather than at all times,he can become a hateful,short tempered monster,lashing out at others and picking fights at random.

Fears and strengths: Being alone and deep water.He has been removed from human interaction over and over in his life-this has scarred him.He cannot drown,although he is made almost completley out of materials that do not float.Because of this,he is very hard to submerge,which means if he was to fall off of a boat in deep water,he would bee confined to a very dark,cold area-alone.His strengths are in his close combat fighting,as his claws and lack of pain make him a formidable foe.

Appearance:He is around six feet tall,a rough texture of old fabished wood, freshly painted a ghastly white although looks old to the world. He has a big red grin, overly painted with the color red, eyes darker than his lips, although he seems friendly. The black and white checkered leotard he is wearing fits on tightly around his body, and brushes out with diamond cuffs on his flamboyant wristbands. A small shiny black tophat with a white circle fits on his little wood head, his stare is blank, something about him makes you want to give him a hug, but fear him at the same time. His facial expression stays the same until he speaks.He has dusty black hair made of a nylon like substance,and worn,dingy ivory teeth.

Background:He was created by a lonely man who lived in a manor and needed a guard.Pluto was a failure at this,so he was cast away,and forced to live in the streets.Surviving was no problem for him,like any golem he could not die unless the word "Emet" on the inside of his hat was erased or burned off,draining the magic from him, So food and heat were no problem for him at all.But the lonliness,he dreaded the lonliness.He would often follow drunks home from small taverns,usually followed by being ostracized.Eventually,he decided to commit the Golem version of suicide. Since no golem can self terminate, he simply buried a hole,and stayed in it,waiting for the elements to eventually rust his body and "Emet" on his hat to rot away.
He succeeded.
Living-or being dead as an empty husk for years,he as eventually dug up by scouts from the king. The citys mages fixed him back up,not only giving him a new Emet tophat,but stitching it onto his head.
Ringworm

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me