To Walk Among Dinosaurs (O&A)

For roleplays featuring human or human-like characters which are based on a book/movie/tv show/band e.g. Twilight, Harry Potter, Hunger Games, One Direction etc.
Forum rules
Remember, all content must remain child-friendly at all times!
Users breaking this rule by using foul language, roleplaying explicit sexual scenes, excessive violence/torture, non-consensual 'romance', or other adult themes may be banned.

Please remember to read all the rules stickied at the top of the board before participating in any roleplays.

To Walk Among Dinosaurs (O&A)

Postby delicate. » Sat Dec 24, 2022 8:21 am

discussion/forms | info | tameable animals

You are one of many who woke on an island. But this isn't just any island. This
    island is full of many dangers, including ancient reptiles known as dinosaurs.
    There is a strange force afoot. There is an ancient secret to be uncovered by
    the survivors.

inspo. ark: survival evolved / images from Jurrasic Park Franchise

The Great Isle, as it has been named by the survivors, holds a mysterious force. A small group of survivors have already attempted to leave via a raft but were struck by an invisible wall. And anyone that unfortunately crossed paths with any aggressive dinosaurs finds themselves waking up on the beach yet again. There seems to be no escape until one member of the group discovers an ancient cave with a glowing artifact within. Strangely it seems to be connected to the giant obelisks in the sky. The group has decided to seek out the remaining two artifacts and plans on using them at one of the obelisks.

Along the way, the survivors will face many dangers, not just the dinosaurs. They'll face the extreme cold in the north and a blazing desert in the east. They'll have to work out how to obtain the basics, such as food, water, and shelter. The survivors also must work through making defenses for their base and themselves. There is no guarantee that they're alone on this island with the dinosaurs.
Last edited by delicate. on Sat Dec 24, 2022 5:04 pm, edited 6 times in total.
delicate.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Info

Postby delicate. » Sat Dec 24, 2022 8:23 am

[ map here ]
    01. The survivors are stuck to the beach/jungle/plains area of the island at the moment. To advance to the other areas they'll have to obtain, or craft, gear that'll help the group traverse the unexplored areas. There are select members of the group that will specialize in this. Others will specialize in hunting/gathering or taming creatures.

02. Some dinosaurs/ancient mammals will be useful for traversing the new, and current areas and the group is working on obtaining them. It'll take time and valuable resources to tame the more useful mounts/dinosaurs compared to the simple-brained Dodos. (A list of tameable creatures and what it takes to tame them will be listed below.)

03. At the start of the rp, the base is positioned near the beach. There are no shelters, just simple leaf mats that serve as beds and two fires to stay warm and cook on. The survivors aim to upgrade to simple shelters for everyone soon.

04. There are 3 obelisks. A red one is located in the desert, blue in the snow, and green to the west in the jungle. The closest to the group is the blue obelisks while the green is the farthest away.

05. The location of the remaining 2 artifacts is unknown to the group. But they will have to journey into the snow and desert biomes to find them.

06. The Great Isles is a collection of three large islands that are different biomes. Each has unique dinosaurs, resources, and dangers.

07. The survivors each come from a different point in time. Their memories will be fuzzy during the start of the RP. Each character will have a moment where all memories come back to them, but it'll happen later in the RP.
Last edited by delicate. on Thu Jan 12, 2023 10:02 am, edited 5 times in total.
delicate.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Rules & Ranks

Postby delicate. » Sat Dec 24, 2022 4:23 pm

RULES
    01. Follow the standard roleplay and forum rules of the site. (Child-friendly at all times, follow image rules, etc.)
    02. Please post responses that are 5+ sentences. Post enough to describe what your character is doing, thinking, etc.
    03. You're currently allowed 2 characters max. It may change to be more later. No more than 1 character
    in each rank per player. (Example: you can't have 2 medic characters. )
    4. Major plot points, such as finding the artifacts and a way off the island, should be discussed before they're carried out.
    05. Use the discussion/form thread to post all forms and chit-chat about the RP.
    06. LGBTQ+ characters are allowed. All romances are to be kept child-friendly.
    07. More rules can be added at any time and past rules can change.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

RANKS
    Leader (1)
    Sam / 27 / delicate.

Co-Leader (1)
    name / age / username

Medic (2)
    name / age / username
    name / age / username
    ---
    Crafters (4)
    name / age / username
    name / age / username
    name / age / username
    name / age / username
xxx

x
Hunter/Gather (4)
Katna / 22 / mehtobeking
name / age / run.
name / age / username
name / age / username

Tamers (4)
name / age / run.
name / age / username
name / age / username
name / age / username

xxx

LONERS
Only 4 allowed. They are a small group
that will be added to the main group later.
Their base is located on a small island
covered by trees to the east of the main
group. The island is in between the desert and
jungle biome.
name / age / delicate.
name / age / username
name / age / username
name / age / username
Last edited by delicate. on Fri Jan 13, 2023 8:49 am, edited 8 times in total.
delicate.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

tameable creatures

Postby delicate. » Sat Dec 24, 2022 5:02 pm

Creatures and methods of taming them will be listed here. The list will expand as the roleplay progresses.

SMALL
    Dodos - Similar to modern chickens in behavior, but flightless. Their feathers are various shades of blue and green. Easiest animals to tame due to their very passive nature. Feed small fruits. Found along beaches and areas that have little to no predators.

MEDIUM
    Velociraptors - Moderately difficult to tame. They're quick, light mounts if one can manage to tame them. It's best to raise them from a baby, or adolescent. If passive, feed plenty of meat to earn trust. Found in the jungle area to the west. They're covered in feathers that are colored in various shades of browns and reds. They stand 5ft tall at the shoulders.
    Dire Wolf - Moderately difficult to tame. Stay away from packs as they can easily take down a mammoth, let alone a survivor. A similar taming method as Velociraptors. Quick, light mounts found only in the frigid north. Their fur ranges from white to black, sticking to the natural shades of a Grey Wolf. They stand at 5ft at the shoulders.

LARGE
    TBA
delicate.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Res.

Postby delicate. » Mon Jan 09, 2023 4:19 pm

res. for starting post info.

res for recaps (will be after major events, such as the group moving to a different island location. Mostly for people that join the rp after it has started but also for those that would like a recap of major events in each area.)
delicate.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me