THE MANDELA ANAMOLY

For roleplays featuring human or human-like characters which are based on a book/movie/tv show/band e.g. Twilight, Harry Potter, Hunger Games, One Direction etc.
Forum rules
Remember, all content must remain child-friendly at all times!
Users breaking this rule by using foul language, roleplaying explicit sexual scenes, excessive violence/torture, non-consensual 'romance', or other adult themes may be banned.

Please remember to read all the rules stickied at the top of the board before participating in any roleplays.

THE MANDELA ANAMOLY

Postby EldritchWhispers » Thu May 26, 2022 5:49 am

7:00 PM, May 2020
EMERGENCY ALERT
The United States Government has issued a warning for the following counties...
Mandela County, Wisconsin, effective until 6:30 AM
Bythorne County, Wisconsin, effective until 6:36 AM
Yonder County, Wisconsin, effective until 6:40 AM
Werksha County, Wisconsin, effective until 6:52 AM

Lock all doors and windows. Do not leave your home. Do not interact with any device with a screen or mirror. If you hear breathing that is not your own in an empty room, run away and hide. If you see another person who looks like you, run away and hide. If an Alternate attempts to approach or communicate with you, run away and hide.

Four friends, one from each county, were sitting in the living room of their summer cabin out in the woods just outside of Mandela. As soon as the emergency alert took place, they turned off the television and turned it to face the corner, before placing all of their electronic devices in the corner with it.

However, just as they were about to grab food from the kitchen and lock themselves in the master bedroom for the night, there was a flash of blue light emanating from the TV. The cabin began to shake, and the whole television scooted back from the wall and spun around wildly, before stopping with the screen pointed directly at them. A figure tumbled out of the TV and the blue light stopped. All was quiet.

The figure stood up. It appeared to be a young child, with strawberry blonde hair, wearing a red shirt, blue jeans, and brown sneakers. However, his skin was black, the color of a starless, moonless night sky. He had seven eyes in a circle around a central mouth on his face. This was an Alternate, unlike any the four had ever encountered before. He looked at them. "Are you four the WYBMAEPPS?" He asked. The four nodded, dumbfounded.

The Alternate spoke. "My name is Jaquarius October De'Lannegan-Murray-Marshall. I'm from fifty years in the future, and I need your help."

WYBMAEPPS
The WYBMAEPPS (Werksha, Yonder, Bythorne, and Mandela Alternate Encounter Prevention and Protection Society) is a group of four members who have encountered and dealt with Alternates before.

Characters:
THE TIME TRAVELER
Jaquarius October De'Lannegan-Murray-Marshall (AmbrosiaYoutube)
THE SKEPTIC (Yonder County)
The Skeptic is a 3%er, immune to the effects of M.A.D only because they do not believe the things that Alternates say.
THE PARANOID (Mandela County)
The Paranoid is a 3%er, and has had several encounters with Alternates before, resulting in a resistance to M.A.D at the price of their peace of mind.
THE INQUISITIVE (Bythorne County)
The Inquisitive is a 3%er, only resistant to M.A.D because of their desire to know more about the nature of reality. The Inquisitive has several friends who have encountered Alternates and is always eager to hear stories.
THE MEDIATOR (Werksha County)
The Mediator is a 3%er, resistant to M.A.D because of their own childhood friends. The Mediator has befriended Alternates since they were a child, and still has some Alternate friends to this day. The Mediator is also a Saboteur, because they do not agree with the Paranoid and Skeptic's goals of removing all Alternates from the planet.

Hey! So, this RP is based off of Alex Kister's analog horror series on YouTube, The Mandela Catalogue. If you haven't watched it, you should... It's great!
Rules:
NO EXCESSIVE VIOLENCE
No breaking CS rules
No swearing
No NSFW/18+ stuff
No killing characters without permission
No unwanted romance
No God modding/power playing
Please be respectful
Put the phrase "A freaking cat Alternate" in your character sheet so I know you read the rules

Character Form
Name:
Pronouns:
Appearance:
Personality:
Backstory:
Alignment:
Strengths:
Weaknesses:
Other:
Last edited by EldritchWhispers on Thu Jun 02, 2022 3:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Your heartbeat is just a dull thrum. Your brain's electrical impulses are futile. Your existence is nothing but a speck in the infinite cosmic matter of the Multiverse. I, on the other hand? I am a writer. A creator. I make realities and living, beings. I destroy and create as I see fit. I lay waste to cities and planets on a whim. I ruin lives and rend souls for my own amusement. I. Am. A. God. And you cannot harm me in a way that matters." -Me, on a regular basis.
EldritchWhispers

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: THE MANDELA ANAMOLY

Postby EldritchWhispers » Mon May 30, 2022 3:23 am

Still open!
"Your heartbeat is just a dull thrum. Your brain's electrical impulses are futile. Your existence is nothing but a speck in the infinite cosmic matter of the Multiverse. I, on the other hand? I am a writer. A creator. I make realities and living, beings. I destroy and create as I see fit. I lay waste to cities and planets on a whim. I ruin lives and rend souls for my own amusement. I. Am. A. God. And you cannot harm me in a way that matters." -Me, on a regular basis.
EldritchWhispers

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby EldritchWhispers » Thu Jun 02, 2022 3:33 am

Someone please join-
EldritchWhispers

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Enki_Valkrum » Sat Nov 26, 2022 7:10 pm

Name: Fannar Hávarðr-Aleifr

Pronouns: He/them

Appearance: Fair-skinned with long dark reddish blond hair, which is braided behind his back, a prominent brow and slim jawline, with a short beard that has a few rings and jewels in it as decoration, with vibrant green eyes, speckled with purple, shimmering sharply in the light, as well as simple eyeliner colored black that compliments his eyes nicely. Shockingly tall, at 6'3.59".

Personality: Brutally honest, and very competitive. Very quiet(Until you get him going, then you can't stop him), a logical mind. Not too emotional. A loner. Pretty fiesty. Ambiverted, if reserved. Has an A(E/I)S/NTJ type of personality, Loyalist(Committed, security-oriented, reliable, hardworking and trustworthy, and can be defensive, evasive and anxious.), Helper(Empathetic, sincere and warm-hearted, self-sacrificing and can be sentimental and a people-pleaser.)(Hidden), Artistic/Creator(Has artistic, innovating, or intuitional abilities who likes to work in unstructured situations using their imagination and creativity.), Creator(Creative, identity, and vocation. Calls for daydreams, fantasies, images, or flashes of inspiration. Has the potential to recreate their own life as a work of art.), Lover(Has a longing for commitment and passion, and has a tendency towards infatuation, seduction, yearning, and falling in love (with a person, an idea, a cause, or work).)(Hidden)

Backstory:...Can I leave this unfilled? I struggle with Backstories, so- I will likely make it up as I go along, and that's if it comes up at all- He's not the type for what he calls 'idle chit-chat'-

Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Strengths: Ignoring the Alternates(Pretty hard to give someone M.A.D if they're ignoring your existence, or make them k*** themselves.), Good with an axe(Just because they won't die doesn't mean he's not gonna fight them regardless! Being hit with an axe, especially his battle axe, which has poison on the edge, still hurts like h*ll!), Has encountered Alternates before(He actually fought his own Alternate, and managed to capture another and is in the process of finding a way to contain it. He wants a pet Alternate, okay? He knows it's a weird thing to want-), Honest(To the point of it being brutal-), Able to read between the lines as well as look at the facts, Loner, High pain tolerance, Hopeful(Hope is a double-edged sword, sharpened towards you and dulled towards your enemy), Willful, Brave

Weaknesses: Adrenaline Junkie, Loner, He has a major fear of loving someone will lead to them leaving(He hides it well), Trust Issues(He's been betrayed pretty often, leave the poor mane alone-), Has trouble asking for help(He's used to having to do it on his own) Hopeful(Hope is a double-edged sword, sharpened towards you and dulled towards your enemy), Willful, Brave, Sarcastic, Ill-tempered(He has a short fuse.)

Other: He has a distinct Scandinavian accent, and a 'tattoo' on his back that looks a bit like wing marks(It's a marking on someone's
back where their wings would come through once summoned- He never summons his, ever. Mostly because, ya know...It's dangerous, and he could be seen. That's paranoia for ya. If this isn't aloud, it's just a tattoo.), Has runes scarred into his wrists, ankles and throat(The runes are for protection against Alternates-), A freaking cat Alternate
Enki_Valkrum

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me