This is Berk [HTTYD RP] - New, Open, and Accepting!

For roleplays featuring human or human-like characters which are based on a book/movie/tv show/band e.g. Twilight, Harry Potter, Hunger Games, One Direction etc.
Forum rules
Remember, all content must remain child-friendly at all times!
Users breaking this rule by using foul language, roleplaying explicit sexual scenes, excessive violence/torture, non-consensual 'romance', or other adult themes may be banned.

Please remember to read all the rules stickied at the top of the board before participating in any roleplays.

Re: This is Berk [HTTYD RP] - New, Open, and Accepting!

Postby FaerieBoy » Sat Jan 07, 2017 5:14 pm

The Basics
Name: Tobias Atropadonna
Tribe: He's a bit of a wanderer who recently discovered Berk.
Height: 4'8"
Build: He's very small and petite, but don't think just because he's small and fragile, that he can't hold his weight in battle.
Skin type: He looks like a vampire.
Hair: His hair has only been cut a few times, which has left it just at chin length, a dark ebony curtain of mess. He thinks that it gets in the way too much, and therefore puts in up in pigtails, but because his hair is thick, it actually is very short pigtails. Because of this, he is often mistaken for a girl.
Eyes: Piercing jade eyes, shining like pools of venomous snakes, their fangs glinting in the light.
Scars/tattoos/birthmarks: Quite a few scars, all below the neck, from which he refuses to explain their origin.

Digging Deeper
Sexuality: Homosexual, biromantic
Personality: He's very testy. Being so small, people easily have dominated him all his life, so he developed a dominating personality, and a few aces up his sleeves. He's the kind of person that could blackmail, or even kill someone, and he wouldn't bat an eye. Unless, maybe it was someone who was cute, then he'd probably be a bit more hesitant. He gets embarrassed easily, and gets confused when he starts feeling strong emotions, which could easily hinder him in battle.
Likes: Flowers, cats, his dragon, sleeping, apple juice, and any noodle type of soup.
Dislikes: Large bodies of water, anything bitter tasting, seafood, being left behind.
Fears: He can't swim, so he fears large bodies of water, basically any bug, being alone in the dark, being left behind in general.
History: Tobi grew up in an abusive household. His homeland, wherever that may be, nearly disowned him simply because he was far to fragile to be a proper viking. Every day, when his father would get drunk, and call Tobi out for not being a man, beating the poor boy to a bloody mess, but Tobi handled it for one reason. It was his father. His mother had wanted a girl, for unknown reasons, so she despised the sight of Tobi showing any signs of being male. She never let him cut his hair, or wear manly armor. She actually managed to convince most of the village that Tobi was a girl, Tabitha as his mother called him. She would get so angry if he so much as spoke out of line, as that was "unladylike", and would laugh when his father beat him. No one ever tried to help him in the town, as everyone though of him as a helpless runt, and they all tried to control him. One day, while sitting on the beach, all alone, a dragon swooped in, somehow avoiding the watchful eye of the village. Tobi was scared at first, thinking that the dragon would hurt him, but then he realized that dragons have wings. If he could befriend the dragon... Perhaps he could escape...

Personal Relations
Parents: Vidarr Atropadonna { Father } | Thurrid Haugen { Mother }
Siblings: Melusina Atropadonna { Little Sister|Deceased }
Friends: That's open for arguments with him, as he doesn't believe that friend is an actual word.
Dragon: Melusina
Relationship with Dragon: He and Mel are what you could call siblings. They tease each other, play fight, and often fight, but they basically can't live without each other. If Mel ever left him, he would be forced to return to his home island, which the sole idea makes him shiver.

~~~

The Basics
Name: Melusina, a.k.a. Mel.
Age: A little younger than a teenage dragon, but she's as stubborn as her "brother", so she can handle those long flights.
Breed: Death Song
Colouration: Gold as a main colour, with hints of soft blues and greens, making her not so flamboyant as she's made out to be, being a Death Song and all.
Eyes: Sparkling Merigold
Scars/birthmarks: N/A

Digging Deeper
Sexuality: Bisexual, biromantic
Personality: She's very wild around anyone but Tobi, mostly because she's probably looking for him. She would rather die than be separated from her "brother", and she knows all of his weaknesses and strengths, together they are quite the team, but they're like inseparable twins, and if you can manage to somehow turn one on the other, things will go downhill quickly. She's very teasing, and likes to mime not only other dragons, but humans as well, being quite playful at heart.
Dislikes: Being restrained, Tobias being hurt, someone who might steal Tobi away from her.
Fears: That Tobias will choose one of his crushes over her, and leave her.
History: Mel had a family of dragons, but they all died when she was young. At that age, she just thought that they'd left her, so she flew to the nearby village in search of them, fury in her eyes. The villagers shot her down, but she figured out how to escape the trap. It wasn't something to harm her, just incapacitate her, so she escaped unscathed, and figured out how to avoid getting seen. After a few days, the villagers got furious that she wouldn't leave, and set out to kill her, driving her from the island. She flew to the nearest island, landing on the beach, nearby a strange human who seemed more scared than angry at her...

Personal Relations
Friends: Tobias. She doesn't get along with other dragons very well.
Family: All deceased.
Rider: Tobias Atropadonna
Relationship with rider: She and Tobi are what you could call siblings. They tease each other, play fight, and often fight, but they basically can't live without each other. If Tobi ever left her, she would be forced to return to her home island, which the sole idea makes her angry.

Building blocks inside our heads, things we wish
we'd never said... Sewing tapestries across the world,
only with the right thread. Are you one who can
control their imagination, or do you let it control you?

~~~

Anything is possible. May that be good or bad is up to
you...

~~~

Is it
Reality
A mask from which we hide
It is something we falsify
As real

~~~

♥cisfemale|drag king|hetrosexual, biromantic♥
♠perky goth|writer / artist♠
♦muleberry, garnet, ebony♦
♣anime, manhwa, manga, missio, falling in reverse♣
♚feel free to pm me! i love to rp, so don't be timid♚
FaerieBoy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby WitchHazel » Sat Jan 07, 2017 5:22 pm

(Accepted! ^^)

|Tarben and Ember|Viking/Monstrous Nightmare|Location: Berk|Tags: Willa, Toothless, Stormchaser|
Ember and Tarben followed Toothless, though unsure of where the Night Fury was leading them. They started to descend as they approached the clearing. Ember landed a safe distance away from the dragon lying on the ground, which was unmistakably something Tarben never thought he'd get to see in his life. "Is - is that -" he took in a breath, awed by the magnificence of the creature. "A Skrill..." He dismounted and cautiously approached the wounded dragon. It let out a faint growl as he grew closer. "Hey, buddy, it's alright," he attempted to soothe it. "I'm not going to hurt you." He examined the arrow embedded in the Skrill's leg, looking over the familiar design with an expression nearly as dark as the clouds above them. "Dragon hunters." He cursed under his breath. No doubt the Skrill had been brought down by one of their famous dragon root arrows. His heart rate quickened as he decided to do what needed to be done. Carefully, Tarben knelt down and placed a hand on the dragon's leg. It bared it's sharp teeth, but it was a tired gesture. Exercising extreme caution, the viking yanked the arrow out of the Skrill's leg in a swift motion. He quickly raised his hands to cover his ears as the dragon released a loud, pained roar.

|Brenna Stormborn|Location: Breakneck Bog|Tags: Open|

"Of course, the universe just loves to prove me wrong." A strange-looking clump of fog was gathering in the woods. Brenna really didn't like the looks of that - and it was headed right toward her, of all places. She tried to run away, but the fog surrounded her until she couldn't see anything. She heard some strange chittering noises emanating from the fog, causing her heart rate to increase significantly. This can't be good.

|Stormchaser|Skrill|Location: Berk|Tags: Toothless, Willa, Tarben|
Stormchaser let out a feeble hiss in warning as the strange black dragon approached, though it seemed to do no good. Though his bleary vision, he could make out the shape of something on the other dragon's back, but it couldn't be what he thought it was. Humans, in his opinion, were bad. A dragon would never allow a human to ride them... would they? He could smell another dragon, but he couldn't figure out what it was due to his befuddled mind. Something was approaching, something he didn't like. He tried to growl aggressively, but a weak noise was all that escaped. The thing - was it a human? - said something he couldn't understand. Stormchaser felt a sensation near his leg, and showed his teeth to the thing, whatever it was. A blinding pain overtook him as he felt the wood spine being ripped from his leg. A sky-shattering scream tore through his throat, echoing through the forest.
Hi there!
I'm WitchHazel; your friendly neighborhood witch. You can call me Hazel for short c:
I use she/they pronouns

TH

BLM <3
WitchHazel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby .Deleted Account. » Sat Jan 07, 2017 8:29 pm

[img]x[/img]
The Basics
Name: Astrid Hofferson
Tribe:
Height:
Build:
Skin type:
Hair: (colour and style)
Eyes:
Scars/tattoos/birthmarks:

Digging Deeper
Sexuality:
Personality:
Fears:
History:

Personal Relations
Parents:
Siblings:
Friends:
Dragon: (if applicable)
Relationship with Dragon: (if applicable)

The Basics
Name:
Breed: Deadly Nadder
Colouration:
Eyes:
Scars/birthmarks:

Digging Deeper
Sexuality:
Personality:
Fears:
History:

Personal Relations
Friends:
Family:
Rider: (if applicable)
Relationship with rider: (if applicable)

{This is a wip. Might finish later,it's late at night where I am.}
.Deleted Account.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lulu1239 » Sun Jan 08, 2017 4:17 pm

Rouge spots the deer nibbling on some grass before taking off after it darted off. "Of course another chase" he growls keeping his tail raised in a strike mode. He jumps over a few logs during the chase, keeping the deer in sight at all times.
i'm a proud yogscast and TeamFourStar fan :)
lulu1239

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby WitchHazel » Fri Jan 13, 2017 2:54 pm

(bump)
Hi there!
I'm WitchHazel; your friendly neighborhood witch. You can call me Hazel for short c:
I use she/they pronouns

TH

BLM <3
WitchHazel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lulu1239 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 3:23 pm

(I can have rouge run into one of your character)
i'm a proud yogscast and TeamFourStar fan :)
lulu1239

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Stiles Hale » Sat Jan 14, 2017 7:18 am

Conceited Composer wrote:
(Accepted! ^^)

|Tarben and Ember|Viking/Monstrous Nightmare|Location: Berk|Tags: Willa, Toothless, Stormchaser|
Ember and Tarben followed Toothless, though unsure of where the Night Fury was leading them. They started to descend as they approached the clearing. Ember landed a safe distance away from the dragon lying on the ground, which was unmistakably something Tarben never thought he'd get to see in his life. "Is - is that -" he took in a breath, awed by the magnificence of the creature. "A Skrill..." He dismounted and cautiously approached the wounded dragon. It let out a faint growl as he grew closer. "Hey, buddy, it's alright," he attempted to soothe it. "I'm not going to hurt you." He examined the arrow embedded in the Skrill's leg, looking over the familiar design with an expression nearly as dark as the clouds above them. "Dragon hunters." He cursed under his breath. No doubt the Skrill had been brought down by one of their famous dragon root arrows. His heart rate quickened as he decided to do what needed to be done. Carefully, Tarben knelt down and placed a hand on the dragon's leg. It bared it's sharp teeth, but it was a tired gesture. Exercising extreme caution, the viking yanked the arrow out of the Skrill's leg in a swift motion. He quickly raised his hands to cover his ears as the dragon released a loud, pained roar.

"Of course, the universe just loves to prove me wrong." A strange-looking clump of fog was gathering in the woods. Brenna really didn't like the looks of that - and it was headed right toward her, of all places. She tried to run away, but the fog surrounded her until she couldn't see anything. She heard some strange chittering noises emanating from the fog, causing her heart rate to increase significantly. This can't be good.

Stormchaser let out a feeble hiss in warning as the strange black dragon approached, though it seemed to do no good. Though his bleary vision, he could make out the shape of something on the other dragon's back, but it couldn't be what he thought it was. Humans, in his opinion, were bad. A dragon would never allow a human to ride them... would they? He could smell another dragon, but he couldn't figure out what it was due to his befuddled mind. Something was approaching, something he didn't like. He tried to growl aggressively, but a weak noise was all that escaped. The thing - was it a human? - said something he couldn't understand. Stormchaser felt a sensation near his leg, and showed his teeth to the thing, whatever it was. A blinding pain overtook him as he felt the wood spine being ripped from his leg. A sky-shattering scream tore through his throat, echoing through the forest.

Willa climbed off Toothless and went to hide behind Tarben.

Toothless watched the human and shook his head before moving closer to Stormchaser, nudging the Skrill gently with his nose. Are you alright, okay stupid question, do you feel any better Toothless asked in Dragon Speech.
Stiles Hale

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby WitchHazel » Sat Jan 14, 2017 3:42 pm

(@lulu: sure, if you'd like. c: )

"It's okay," Tarben reassured Willa. "It can't hurt us." Right now, at least. He knew that without the dragon root arrow, the Skrill would be perfectly capable of harming them, but not in this weakened condition. He watched as it tried to get up, only managing to lift its head above the ground for a moment. It made a frustrated sound as it set its head back down. He winced in quiet sympathy, noting that the would left by the arrow had started to bleed. "Nonetheless, it probably needs to be treated. That wound looks like it should be bandaged." Gothi will know what to do. The old medicine woman was probably a century old by now, but that didn't seem to stop her from doing her job. Now, if I can only think of a way to transport the Skrill... He knew that bringing a dragon this aggressive to the village could have horrible results, but he didn't see what else to do. He didn't want to leave Toothless and the girl here alone, or send them to get Gothi - the girl wouldn't know where to find her, and Toothless probably wouldn't be able to tell her what was going on.

I'm fine, Stormchaser growled back, though he clearly wasn't. The effects of that strange spine were still clouding his mind and weakening his body, though it had been removed. He could feel warm blood trickling from the wound. The Skrill tried to rise to his feet, but his body wouldn't comply. His head flopped back to the ground. Defeated, he let out a frustrated bellow.
Hi there!
I use she/they pronouns

TH

BLM <3
WitchHazel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Stiles Hale » Sat Jan 14, 2017 3:52 pm

Conceited Composer wrote:
(@lulu: sure, if you'd like. c: )

"It's okay," Tarben reassured Willa. "It can't hurt us." Right now, at least. He knew that without the dragon root arrow, the Skrill would be perfectly capable of harming them, but not in this weakened condition. He watched as it tried to get up, only managing to lift its head above the ground for a moment. It made a frustrated sound as it set its head back down. He winced in quiet sympathy, noting that the would left by the arrow had started to bleed. "Nonetheless, it probably needs to be treated. That wound looks like it should be bandaged." Gothi will know what to do. The old medicine woman was probably a century old by now, but that didn't seem to stop her from doing her job. Now, if I can only think of a way to transport the Skrill... He knew that bringing a dragon this aggressive to the village could have horrible results, but he didn't see what else to do. He didn't want to leave Toothless and the girl here alone, or send them to get Gothi - the girl wouldn't know where to find her, and Toothless probably wouldn't be able to tell her what was going on.

I'm fine, Stormchaser growled back, though he clearly wasn't. The effects of that strange spine were still clouding his mind and weakening his body, though it had been removed. He could feel warm blood trickling from the wound. The Skrill tried to rise to his feet, but his body wouldn't comply. His head flopped back to the ground. Defeated, he let out a frustrated bellow.

I am going to take you to where your injury can be looked after, You hurt them you will answer to me. Toothless told him, the scales along his back glowed bright blue as he said the last few words to make it clear that he was serious.

Willa looked at Tarben "Toothless looks like he's going to carry the Skrill, but he's gonna need help getting the Skrill on his back." Willa said bumping Tarben to get his attention
Stiles Hale

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby WitchHazel » Sat Jan 14, 2017 4:25 pm

"Great!" Tarben exclaimed. "I'm sure Ember and I can help him out." For once, Ember complied with what her rider wanted. She could tell the seriousness of the situation and wanted to help the other dragon in any way possible. She cautiously approached the Skrill, crawling towards him with her head low to the ground as not to be a threat. I'm here to help, she told him. Though she could be quite ornery and proud at times, she knew that this wounded dragon was most likely more powerful than she. Ember carefully wedged her head under the Skrill and pushed him onto Toothless' back.

Stormchaser grudgingly deferred authority to Toothless, recognising the other dragon as an Alpha. The grass brushed against his face as he risked a short nod to clarify his accord. When he noticed another dragon approaching, he bristled a bit until hearing her message of aid. He allowed himself to be pushed onto the Night Fury's back, albeit unhappily.
Hi there!
I use she/they pronouns

TH

BLM <3
WitchHazel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me