The Sims 3

Games, Movies, TV, YouTube, Books and Music - discuss it all here!

Re: The Sims 3

Postby Tammanae » Wed Apr 30, 2014 6:06 am

I am semi back from the dead~ I haven't posted here in months! Hadn't done much playing either to be honest, as I was having no time to start a file and play enough to keep interest. I did get back to an old, old file I had been on and am starting to get back on the game, especially after having bought two new expansions and a stuff pack on their last sale. XD I finally caved and bought Supernatural along with Into the Future, and got the Fast Lane stuff pack for the cars. Now I'm only missing the World Adventures expansion and a few stuff packs that I don't think I care enough about to purchase. XP

I sort of want to make an occult family at some point, but I am thinking of letting my current family run its course before I start a new file. I am still on my first Sim, who only recently became an adult, and he hasn't finished his LTW yet. I am considering on having him adopt once he is done with his LTW too. His husband is already an elder with grandchildren, but he never really played a part in raising any of the kids and I have never had one of my sim families adopt instead of conceive the babies themselves, so it's as good an excuse as any. =P
Tammanae

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ElevatingHearts » Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:30 pm

Tammanae wrote:
I am semi back from the dead~ I haven't posted here in months! Hadn't done much playing either to be honest, as I was having no time to start a file and play enough to keep interest. I did get back to an old, old file I had been on and am starting to get back on the game, especially after having bought two new expansions and a stuff pack on their last sale. XD I finally caved and bought Supernatural along with Into the Future, and got the Fast Lane stuff pack for the cars. Now I'm only missing the World Adventures expansion and a few stuff packs that I don't think I care enough about to purchase. XP

I sort of want to make an occult family at some point, but I am thinking of letting my current family run its course before I start a new file. I am still on my first Sim, who only recently became an adult, and he hasn't finished his LTW yet. I am considering on having him adopt once he is done with his LTW too. His husband is already an elder with grandchildren, but he never really played a part in raising any of the kids and I have never had one of my sim families adopt instead of conceive the babies themselves, so it's as good an excuse as any. =P

HI! :D I missed seeing you on the forum! So, Welcome semi-back? Into the Future won't let you down, trust me. Just get those robots to do all your house work and repairs ;)

Click either picture to check out the Pokemon Fan Fiction I am writing! The account is just starting up so I would love any support you can give!(: "Only You" involves a romance and "Snagged" is just simply an adventure to get a Pokemon back.

Chapter 1 to Only You was published on 10/29/14 which is my Latest update on it.

My Latest Update for "Snagged" was the prologue, which was posted on 10/25/14.

Again, just click either cover picture to read the book! Any votes or comments would be greatly appreciated!(:
ElevatingHearts

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tammanae » Wed Apr 30, 2014 2:48 pm

TrueHeartedRusher<3 wrote:
Tammanae wrote:

HI! :D I missed seeing you on the forum! So, Welcome semi-back? Into the Future won't let you down, trust me. Just get those robots to do all your house work and repairs ;)

HELLO~ Long time no see. =D
You know, I bought Into the Future because the robots interested me a heck of a lot more than the Simbots did. They seem a lot more dynamic so to speak? I have actually not had a sim go to the future yet, as I am still a tad confused on how that works, but I'll probably poke at it later on. Heck, I still haven't sent a sim to university, and I got that expansion months ago! XD Aaaargh, I missed playing so much. I need to get back in the flow of the game. I do not remember making money being this hard before! 8'D

If anyone has any fun, positive things to say about Supernatural or Into the Future, I'm all ears. I've looked up and down for the ugly on the expansions (Although I seem to be finding very little bad on Into the Future?) so I'm all for hearing on pros to what they add to the game from you lovely folk~
Tammanae

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ElevatingHearts » Wed Apr 30, 2014 4:43 pm

=D Haha yeah, Plumbots are a lot better(: My Nanny, Chef, Gardner, fishing robot, repair robot was the freaking bomb ;) My Sims were actually able to focus on their skills, and I didn't have to take care of the baby when it was in the baby stage! When sending a Sim to the future, basically the portal appears, you inspect it, and this whole thing starts up where you have to find this blue things on your lot, turn them in to Emit, and then you get to follow him to the future(: Pretty self explanatory haha. Then when you are in the future and want to go home, just click the portal and the option is there.

I don't really have anything negative to say about Into the Future, except for the Jetpacks. I love the "JetPack slow dance" and the "Jetpack kiss" interactions, but I hate having my Sims use the Jetpack otherwise... mostly because they die every time I let them just fly around with it on. As for Supernatural... I'm not sure if there is anything too positive about it. I mean, I missed the EP when I no longer had it, so I rebought it. I think the only thing I really enjoy is burning people, freezing them, and turning them into a toad with a Witch, and I like using the "Bloom" interaction on plants with the fairies. I like the Expansion, but it may get boring after a little while.

Click either picture to check out the Pokemon Fan Fiction I am writing! The account is just starting up so I would love any support you can give!(: "Only You" involves a romance and "Snagged" is just simply an adventure to get a Pokemon back.

Chapter 1 to Only You was published on 10/29/14 which is my Latest update on it.

My Latest Update for "Snagged" was the prologue, which was posted on 10/25/14.

Again, just click either cover picture to read the book! Any votes or comments would be greatly appreciated!(:
ElevatingHearts

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tammanae » Thu May 01, 2014 2:15 am

I do have a question about Into the Future. I keep reading that I can essentially just live in the Future World, but that it isn't a smart idea to raise kids in the future, and the jobs that are available in Into the Future are only available in the future? I'm assuming the last part can be easily fixed by simply placing the work place on the present world as well? But why do I keep reading it isn't possible or a good idea to raise kids in the future? Is there no school in the future? I'm assuming time passes at least, unlike in University?

And yes, that was exactly the reason why I never got Supernatural until now. It seemed like the sort of expansion that would be very fun to have for specific characters, like wanting to play a very specific family of sorts with either an interesting backstory on them, or something along those lines, but not for the everyday life that the Sims normally offers. I did like the fact that it brought a few items I liked [The rocking horse, eeeeee! 8D] and I did snerk at the job it brings with it, but for the most part I always refused to pay full price cause the content seemed to be very limited in what kind of gamestyle you could do with it despite how abundant it was.
Tammanae

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Reiy » Thu May 01, 2014 7:47 am

Don't know if you guys new this..
Emit Relevart is 'Time Traveler' backwards cx
"there is a variety of sadness that makes a home in your guts and never quite leaves. "
-- art shop // 1x1 search // tumblr --
Reiy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Desime » Thu May 01, 2014 8:09 am

R o b i n E y e. wrote:Don't know if you guys new this..
Emit Relevart is 'Time Traveler' backwards cx

Ha! I've never noticced that, those sneaky creaters :P
Hey I'm Desime!

You can call me Des if you want. I am agender and I would prefer you not use pronouns thanks!

Selling All Pets For FR Currency
Desime

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby InfernoVulpes » Thu May 01, 2014 8:14 am

I am quite new at his but does anyone know how much sims 3 games there are?

Hello, I am SamuraiWolfWarriors. You can call me SWW or just wolf if you prefer. I am a girl so I prefer she/her. I love to chat so don't be afraid to shoot over a Pm. I love TV shows, cartoons and Anime especially Fairy Tail.
InfernoVulpes

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Reiy » Thu May 01, 2014 8:18 am

As far as I've senn anywhere from 20-40- US dollars I believe..
But if you buy them from somewhere like amazon its up to the seller.
"there is a variety of sadness that makes a home in your guts and never quite leaves. "
-- art shop // 1x1 search // tumblr --
Reiy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tammanae » Thu May 01, 2014 8:36 am

B A I T wrote:I am quite new at his but does anyone know how much sims 3 games there are?

How many Sims 3 games there are? Dividing them by base game, expansions and stuff packs, you have:

• 1 Base Game
  • 11 Expansions
  • 9 Stuff Packs
I might have miscounted some of the things though? I pretty much just opened the browser to see the little icons on the bottom, so if someone wants to verify please do by all means. ID
Tammanae

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me