The Sims 3

Games, Movies, TV, YouTube, Books and Music - discuss it all here!

Re: The Sims 3

Postby Zayev » Sun Jan 25, 2015 2:13 pm

Does anyone know how to get rid of this?
    Plus, the wall placement is missing, so show were the icon is location is.
Zayev

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby K H A L E E S I » Sat Feb 07, 2015 8:21 pm

Okay so my problem is whenever I load into Sunset Valley and Hidden Springs they're both red. The other neighbourhoods are fine, just these two. Does anyone know what's wrong or how to fix it?
And I have mods installed if it is because of a certain mod.
K H A L E E S I

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Zayev » Sun Feb 08, 2015 9:28 pm

Could i be that you don't have a skin? Usually when you move a skin they go black, but I'm not sure about red. It could be that one of your mods, aren't up to date. But I could be wrong.
Zayev

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ryan ross » Sun Feb 08, 2015 10:35 pm

JackFrost wrote:
Okay so my problem is whenever I load into Sunset Valley and Hidden Springs they're both red. The other neighbourhoods are fine, just these two. Does anyone know what's wrong or how to fix it?

copied from the sims wikia page for glitches and solutions.

" The entire neighborhood (or part of it) is bright red.
Fix: There are five things that are known to have caused this: outdated graphics drivers, unsupported graphics hardware, The Sims 3 Mod Manager, an old or corrupt Resource.cfg file, or a corrupt savegame or game installation. First, check to see if you have the Mod Manager. If you do, uninstall it. If the problem still is not solved, delete the file Resource.cfg from your TS3 install directory (default is C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3). Failing this, update your graphics drivers to the latest version. Next, try reinstalling your game, and if the neighborhood is still red, delete some (or all) of your save games from C:\Users\*your username*\Documents\Electronic Arts\Saves and then adding them back one by one until the problem recurs. If that does not fix it, then the game is incompatible with your graphics setup. "
ryan ross

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby K H A L E E S I » Sat Feb 14, 2015 4:28 pm

filthiest wrote:
JackFrost wrote:

copied from the sims wikia page for glitches and solutions.

" The entire neighborhood (or part of it) is bright red.
Fix: There are five things that are known to have caused this: outdated graphics drivers, unsupported graphics hardware, The Sims 3 Mod Manager, an old or corrupt Resource.cfg file, or a corrupt savegame or game installation. First, check to see if you have the Mod Manager. If you do, uninstall it. If the problem still is not solved, delete the file Resource.cfg from your TS3 install directory (default is C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3). Failing this, update your graphics drivers to the latest version. Next, try reinstalling your game, and if the neighborhood is still red, delete some (or all) of your save games from C:\Users\*your username*\Documents\Electronic Arts\Saves and then adding them back one by one until the problem recurs. If that does not fix it, then the game is incompatible with your graphics setup. "

Thanks so much. I ended up having to uninstall sims 3 and reinstall it but it's ll fine now. Thanks very much for you're help.
K H A L E E S I

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby geno » Sun Feb 15, 2015 7:51 am

Does anyone know which EP is better - Seasons or Showtime? I'm really hoping to get one -- I can't choose between the two.
Geno - been a while
geno

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tammanae » Sun Feb 15, 2015 11:44 am

They are both very, very different expansions, so it's a little hard to compare. Personally, I am not a particular fan of either and only got Showtime when it was one of the few expansions I was missing because new neighborhoods and jobs are always a welcome addition to me, while Seasons I got mostly for my boyfriend as I don't particularly care much for it either? XD

Basically it comes down to what you are hoping to get more. Seasons brings exactly what it says. It brings seasons. As long as you expect nothing more, you won't be disappointed. The aliens are added in as well, but to me they always felt off and don't really fit in with the rest of the expansion? I like them, they are just very separate. =) It brings no new neighborhoods and no new jobs other than the part time that is alien exclusive.

Showtime feels like a Late Night expansion. I do like what it brings, but I feel as though if it expands on Late Night itself as opposed to feeling like an expansion all on its own? Unlike Seasons, it brings a neighborhood - and one I rather like, as I feel there is a lot to do there - and it brings three new professions.

Both expansion have a few additions on the side of course. Seasons bring activities that are seasonal, such as building snowmen, igloos, trick or treating and the like, while Showtime brings domino playing, DJs, Karaoke, etc.
Tammanae

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Morbid Mouse » Sun Mar 01, 2015 2:07 pm

On the startup menu, I accidentally deleted all my content under "Downloads."
Everything is still showing up under "Installed Content" though.
I just checked the game, and it's still showing up there as well.
Is there something I should be doing to recover the downloads? Or does it not really make a difference if it's still showing in the game?
Morbid Mouse

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby K H A L E E S I » Sun Mar 01, 2015 3:32 pm

Once you have installed your downloads it does not make a difference you delete the downloads, as long as they are installed and are in your game.
K H A L E E S I

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Morbid Mouse » Sun Mar 01, 2015 3:34 pm

JackFrost wrote:
Once you have installed your downloads it does not make a difference you delete the downloads, as long as they are installed and are in your game.

Ok great, thanks c:
Morbid Mouse

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me