Characters you just love beyond reason-Not just Crushes

Games, Movies, TV, YouTube, Books and Music - discuss it all here!

Re: Characters you just love beyond reason-Not just Crushes

Postby Suave » Sun Apr 01, 2018 10:23 am

I just want to say Sam Winchester.... also love the actor who plays him but character wise Sam Winchester is top. \o/
Can we just... can we just please give this man a hug? He has been through so much and is still waking up every morning ready to save lives of everyone. He is also such a bad a**, Dean gets all the tough-guy credit but Sam is a total BAMF when he needs to be.

I also love Hinata from Haikyuu!!, the little bean. And Jack from SPN, also a little bean.
Suave

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nebulaswoon » Sun Apr 01, 2018 10:25 am

i love pidge gunderson so much HNNG i wanna hug her and cuddle her she's so sweet and pure i cannot believe i'm in love with a cartoon character help

⋙ NIKO/SLAYER
⋙ 19, IT/HE
⋙ QUUER + TRANS +AUTISTIC + PATHETIC BOY SWAG
⋙ WEIRD CREATURE LIVING IN YOUR PUTER
⋙ ENJOYER OF EVERYTHING COOL THIS WORLD HAS 2 OFFER
⋙ I LOVE MY LITTLE PONY IT IS MY FAVORITE THING EVER!
⋙ I <3 TOXICOLOGY AND MEDICAL SCIENCE
⋙ HUGE ENJOYER OF BULL TERRIERS
nebulaswoon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Cherry Boy » Sun Apr 01, 2018 1:13 pm

Okay but currently Goku from Dragon Ball (in general) uhhhh *backflips into space*
aa i love these boys
Aquarius / Mexican / Where I post most of my art!
I'm Cherry, I'm just a person that likes anime, drawing and writing
Also I laugh all the time and atm I'm stuck in the Opm, Dr.Stone, Overlord and Golden Kamuy fandoms!! c:

"Well, if you cannot go to paradise when you die, you can always stay with me"
Cherry Boy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

~

Postby tieflingberry » Mon Apr 02, 2018 12:59 am

allura is such a queen (princess,,,) and that accent? oof, critical hit
uh i mean i havent stopped loving camilla since fire emblem fates came out and it's,,, she's amazing
tieflingberry

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Pyjaks » Mon Apr 02, 2018 2:52 am

I would chop my left arm off if it meant the general wellbeing of Gaara and Rock Lee from Naruto
Pyjaks

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby rancidram » Tue Apr 03, 2018 6:10 am

Sombra from Overwatch. A character that truly stands out because of her personality. She's not twisted like Junkrat, and not serious like Soldier: 76. She has attitude and talks like an average person. I love everything about her, and her abilities make the game so fun for me. Unlike Mercy (who I used to play), she does more than just one thing (Mercy primarily heals, for example) and watching the enemies struggle after I hack them is rewarding in a way.
Aside from that, she's such a beautiful character. Her outfit is amazing, I love her hair, her makeup is amazing, and I love her leggings (I even bought some for cosplay LOL). She's just an amazing character!
╔══════════════════════════════════════╗
r a n c i d r a m
black lives matter • empty the tanks • feminist
most likely inactive
ImageImageImage
╚══════════════════════════════════════╝
rancidram

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby FancyWatermint » Sat Apr 21, 2018 10:31 am

I just remembered this thread was a thing. O3O

OK so; Mechanica, from the Nintendo Switch game ARMS. <3
It's funny; before we ended up with the game (when I still hardly knew anything about it, characters included), I had this random idea that a different character was going to end up being my top favorite, but when we got to try out a demo (where both characters happened to be playable), I last minute-decided to try playing as Mechanica instead (because she's a more defense-oriented character, and, having no idea what to expect out there, I felt safer going with someone like that xD). I ended up quickly growing to enjoy her playstyle; a bulky, heavyweight fighter that still has surprisingly reasonable mobility, with the ability to HOVER for a short while to top it all off. *o* Though I did very briefly play as the other character after I first started, Mechanica very soon ended up becoming my go-to choice, anyway, and as I got to know her, just my top-favorite character in the game overall; I never looked back. ;v; (The other character still ended up being a second favorite, though~)

Wow, just that first part of the post ended up kind of long. xD *Apologies for the length of this*
Moving onto MORE reasons, now~

To start off with, she's just such an adorable/quirky character in general, and she has so much enthusiasm. >w< Also, her devotion is really admirable; she's such a superfan of the ARMS sport, but lacking the Gift of ARMS, she wasn't actually originally able to compete, herself. So how does she respond to this? By building her VERY OWN MECH SUIT with artificial ARMS, using a combination of spare parts she found lying around her family's scrapyard, and the skills and knowledge she gathered from tinkering with machines (also being sort of a genius definitely doesn't hurt xD). On a side-note, I find it both cool and hilarious to think that being in her mech suit makes her the largest character in the game (not even MASTER MUMMY is bigger than that suit), when in actuality, she herself is both the smallest and youngest (human) character there (at 15 years old)
And then there's the fact that she's BY FAR one of the characters with the most backstory. That sort of thing really helps you to get a feel for where a character is coming from, and it can make them even easier to warm up to in a lot of cases. <3

Hnngh; there's more I could cover, too, but I should probably just leave it at this for now, before I go and write a whole novella. ;w;
This is where I suddenly come running back later and edit in even more stuff

◇ AirClan, a cozy Discord hangout ◇
(Warriors knowledge optional)

═════════════════════════════════
-Previous username: FancyCarbon◇
-Avatar art from the official Fire Emblem Heroes comic

═════════════════════════════════
FancyWatermint

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby emporio! » Sat Apr 21, 2018 10:52 am

tbh guzma from pokemon (ultra or original) sun and moon, that man deserves a hug and a cup of cocoa alright
about • he/him
emporio!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Brainiac5 » Sat Apr 21, 2018 12:12 pm

Well, I’ve taken a head-first dive back into the card-slinging world of Yu-Gi-Oh! Arc V recently, and my love for Sora Perse has come surging right back. From the moment I saw him, I knew there was more to him than meets the eye. He embodies the duplicity and inherent contradiction that so many favourites of mine do. On top of being super cute and a super duelist, the way he cares for his friends despite opposition is the greatest. I also love his puns, they are superb. But really, I care about him so much. Knowing that he had never had real friends before, never been able to even really be happy until meeting the protagonist and the main crew, despite being so fun-loving and sweet, blew me away and just makes me love him more.
Whoops I wrote a speech.
Image ImageImage Image
Brainiac5

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby enichoderm » Sun Apr 22, 2018 12:29 pm

I love Phoenix Wright, Maya Fey, and Miles Edgeworth from the Ace Attorney series so much. Especially Phoenix and Edgey. I could go on and on. Phoenix is a pure bean who just wants to see good in the world, so he IS the good in his client's world, and it makes all the difference. Phoenix believes the best in everyone, even when sometimes his clients don't believe in themselves. Phoenix is passionate for his cause and will always strive for the truth.

Maya is always hungry, always striving for success, always hopeful. When all is lost, she trusts that her friends will make it through. She cheers them on and risks it all just to see her friends make it. She smiles through the tough times so no one has to worry. She's really gotta be one of the strongest female characters EVER. She's been through so much yet smiles through it all.

Edgeworth is a bit of a jerk at first, he even admits it himself... but after the events of the first game do we see him flourish. He realizes that he was wrong before and decides to reinvent himself. He proves to everyone that a turnabout can happen to anyone. His skill and intelligence rival Wright's passion and heart. And although his methods are different, he and Wright both strive to see the truth in every situation. No matter what.

I also really like N from Pokemon Black/White. (And I admit that when I was young I had a crush on him. But now I see it differently. (SPOILERS) He is passionate for his cause as well. Poor kid is taught to believe one thing all his life. When the player character comes into the equation is when his world comes crashing down upon itself. He wrestles with what he thinks is the truth and what really could be a different truth... and at the end he comes to realize that the world isn't black or white. That there's no one true right answer to anything. That there's a moral grey and that's OK. His dream of a perfect word never came to be. So instead he decides to find a new dream. And he asks the player to follow their own dream, since his did not come to fruition. (Spoilers over)

Another character I liked was Guzma from Pokemon Sun/Moon. (Spoilers)
He just wanted to be a trial captain along with Kukui. But he failed... and that destroyed him. But that wasn't the only thing plaguing him as a young man. There's implications that his father wasn't supporting him, either. So in the wake of a broken family and broken dreams, Guzma leaves it all behind. He creates Team Skull, a refuge for those, who like him, aren't accepted by society. Who want to rise from the ashes of their circumstances. Team Skull is genuinely a group of good people in bad circumstances, rebelling from the shards of society's rejection of them.

I think Guzma really deserves a hug... heck, all these characters need hugs tbh.
♥ 𝕖𝕟𝕚𝕔𝕙𝕠𝕕𝕖𝕣𝕞 ♥
┍┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┑
★ Hello! I'm a pretty new user collecting pets.
☆ I like pretty much anything Nintendo-related.

Image Image Image Image
┕┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┙

enichoderm

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me