Characters you just love beyond reason-Not just Crushes

Games, Movies, TV, YouTube, Books and Music - discuss it all here!

Re: Characters you just love beyond reason-Not just Crushes

Postby ArtsyDreamer » Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:03 am

Hmm... so many great characters to choose from. But one of my favorites is Simon Seville from Alvin and the Chipmunks! :D I could give you a lot of reasons why he's so cool...
Ah! How cute is he??.... Oh sweet pickles, I am such a Chipmunk nerd... :lol: :lol:
ArtsyDreamer

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby zeitlupe » Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:08 pm

Definitely have to be

Charles and Erik (X-Men : First Class)
Arthur and Eames (Inception)
Sebastian (Kuroshitsuji)
Neal (White Collar)
Professor Layton (please, don't ask :3 he is just awesome)
Derek Stiles (Trauma Center)
Link (<3 the zelda one)
Kyle Hyde (Hotel Dusk)

I think I'll leave it there, I could possibly go on for hours :)
zeitlupe

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby vetica » Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:08 pm

The Doctor (especially the tenth regeneration). His story is so tragic, yet he can act young and funny and carefree all whilst saving the universe from tentacly aliens. He is clever and not ginger and I just really love him, and it wouldn't even be a question if he came down out of the sky in his magical blue box and asked me to traverse all of time and space with him. Because the answer is obvious.

Neville Longbottom & Ron Weasley. Both are meek, unsure of themselves, being compared to their relatives and always feeling like they just don't make the cut. I can relate to that in the way, and by the end of the series both are certified bamfs which is awesome.

And Draco Malfoy, to a certain extent. I didn't fully appreciate his character until the sixth book, but then you really get to see how he has been pushed and pushed to do what those around him think is right - never being asked if this is what he wants. He's like a puppet in a twisted game, sacrificing his innocence for the sake of his family, and in that split second he lowers his wand in HBP, I really did love him.

Makar from The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker. Definitely the cutest wood sprite ever. And he jingles when he walks. <3

There are a lot more (I'm just way too attached to fictional characters), but those are the first ones to come to mind.

fr - sona - hoards
GW2 - Esterie.7409
she // they
vetica

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby MaxtheWolfKing » Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:26 pm

Jill Valentine from Resident Evil my user name and part of my siggy are davoted to her so you get the idea. Hinata Hyuuga from Naruto I could on for hours...
This may sound weird but Pichu from pokemon... Lol
Batty~ wrote:do you want to eat Jill?
Rumor has it I set fire to the rain.

These are my favorite characters (left to right up to down):Alexandra Cabot, Chell, Buffy Summers,Jill Valentine, Pepper the dog, Bolt the dog, and Gir.
MaxtheWolfKing

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sharubii » Thu Aug 04, 2011 3:03 pm

Oh good lord, don't get me started. xD

Spoilers ahead. You have been warned. :u

Santa from 999: 9 Hours, 9 Persons, 9 Doors
He is perfect. 'Nuff said. He helped Akane plan and run the second Nonary Game in the hopes that she would be saved by Junpei, even though doing such a thing must have been complete hell for him. He's also one hell of an actor, expressing himself as a dumb punk boy who is impulsive and a little bit unpleasant to be near, whereas in actuality he's pretty freaking smart and cynical. He's one of my favorite characters of all time, ever.

Snake from 999: 9 Hours, 9 Persons, 9 Doors
Snake.
Snaaaake. ;-;
The Safe Ending sealed my absolute adoration of him, completely. He died avenging his sister, stoically latching on to her killer even while bloodied from gunshots and near death. He died along with Ace as the incinerator burned them up into dust... his last words were those of the hope that his sister would forgive him and that his last deed would start to atone for not saving her.
It wasn't your fault, Snake! It wasn't your faaaault!

GLaDOS from Portal and Portal 2
Best.
Villain.
Ever.
Her passive-aggressive personality is incredible, and even though in the games I play the character that she uses her wits to slander and demean the entire time, I love her. Completely and utterly (no homo x3). I can't imagine Portal without a character like her.
Image Image Image Image
" i have everything to be optimistic about! "

Sharubii

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tiny Bubbles » Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:07 pm

AlbinoBroccoli wrote:
codelyoko12lover wrote:Image

:D

This!

I've been obsessed with Doctor Who but DT really takes the cake. What a perfect man/Time Lord. Not going to say anymore, as if I did I would embarrass myself. XD

This also! I want him back as the Doctor but that wouldn't really make sense in the story xD Nowadays, I basically watch anything with Tennant in it...

Other favourites...
Captain Jack from Torchwood. More the first series than anything and the times when he's in DW.
Marco from Degrassi. I love his sadface xD It's so cute! He's an awesome character though and I'm watching the Seasons backwards(started on 9 and am working back to 1) so I don't need to worry about him leaving anytime soon.
Apollo from Apollo Justice. Ok so the game wasn't as good as Phoenix Wright, but Apollos design was cool and I loved him.
Edgeworth from Phoenix Wright. Need I say more?
And I'll make this my last one so I don't stay here forever xD
Misty from Pokemon. Basically, after she left it all went downhill... She was one of the only good female characters and she was strong. She wasn't just a clone of the other girls who followed Ash around doing competitions and such. She was actually a good strong female character and she had her own personality.
Tiny Bubbles

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Seven Seas » Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:41 pm

http://www.nhk-book.co.jp/taiga/shinsen ... le_01.html

I love okita souji. He's almost as good with his katana and shinai(bamboo sword) as Kondo Isami, his original instructor!
Seven Seas

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Silverhart » Fri Aug 05, 2011 4:38 am

Neal and Numair from Tamora Pierce's 'Tortall' books. Oh I just love them! When that butterfly landed on Numair's nose I just cracked up. They are both so great and funny!
Silver from 'Treasure Planet' and Amelia too, but Silver more so.
Sirius, Snape and Luna from Harry Potter. I just love Luna! and with the release of the last book/movie everyone was like "Aww Snape we love you!" And I LOVE Sirius! He's so cute as a puppy!
Gomez from MCOG. He's just so evil, I love it!
Zack and Moonshadow from 'Avalon:Web of Magic' I don't know why, I just love them!

I have more faves, but those are the only ones I could think of off the top of my head.

Has anyone ever fallen in love with a character they created? (I don't mean romantically) I became very attached to some of the characters in my stories, almost like their... not quite like children, but certainly a pet at least.
Silverhart

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby heart of gold » Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:47 am

There is no contest....Damom Salvatore from T"he Vampire Diaries" not only is he gorgeous ...(Eyes are so amazing) but I love his personality and how he's so cocky! :D

Then Jade from "Victorious" love her bad-girl attitude and how angry and mean she is...she cracks me up! :lol:
ImageImageImageImage

ImageImage
heart of gold

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby MaxtheWolfKing » Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:31 am

Silverhart wrote:Neal and Numair from Tamora Pierce's 'Tortall' books. Oh I just love them! When that butterfly landed on Numair's nose I just cracked up. They are both so great and funny!
Silver from 'Treasure Planet' and Amelia too, but Silver more so.
Sirius, Snape and Luna from Harry Potter. I just love Luna! and with the release of the last book/movie everyone was like "Aww Snape we love you!" And I LOVE Sirius! He's so cute as a puppy!
Gomez from MCOG. He's just so evil, I love it!
Zack and Moonshadow from 'Avalon:Web of Magic' I don't know why, I just love them!

I have more faves, but those are the only ones I could think of off the top of my head.

Has anyone ever fallen in love with a character they created? (I don't mean romantically) I became very attached to some of the characters in my stories, almost like their... not quite like children, but certainly a pet at least.

Ekk you live Luna too Luna Neville are the best characters
Batty~ wrote:do you want to eat Jill?
Rumor has it I set fire to the rain.

These are my favorite characters (left to right up to down):Alexandra Cabot, Chell, Buffy Summers,Jill Valentine, Pepper the dog, Bolt the dog, and Gir.
MaxtheWolfKing

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me