Anyone have cool cds in their collections?

Games, Movies, TV, YouTube, Books and Music - discuss it all here!

Re: Anyone have cool cds in their collections?

Postby WillntWoodnt » Thu Feb 22, 2024 7:52 am

leo. wrote:I collect a lot of CD’s from thrift stores & a local record shop I really love. I have a decent collection of a bunch of my favorite musicians. Most of them are from the 90’s I’ve got a couple nine inch nails albums, type o negative, and the cure. I def love my goth music especially from that era. I have a small vinyl collection too that I’ve been working on since I was a pre teen. My favorite CD to to listen to right now has been a copy of Nico and The Velvet Underground. I’m always picking up used CD’s tho because they’re usually pretty cheap at least where I’m at. Most people don’t have CD players anymore & sell them in bulk at yard sales. I doubt anything I have is particularly valuable aside from their value in being some of my favorite albums. My “rarest” one is probably an og copy of humans = garbage by dystopia that I got for 5 bucks. I also enjoy buying CD-R’s and making mix tapes for my friends who do have CD players but it’s slowly becoming a lost format. I had a much larger collection but my car got stolen a while ago & my old Siouxsie Sioux & Acid Bath CD’s were sadly stolen with it but I’m working on replacing the ones that I lost.

Aw so sorry to hear about the car :c I hope you'll be able to replace those cds soon! Unfortunately in Europe yard sales aren't so common, most people in Germany just leave things outside their houses for free or donate them to charity thrift shops or straight to any sort of ebay type app. Ive been thinking of listening to Nico and the Velvet Underground actually, this year ive started listening to alot of new music and bands!
🦈🦈🦈🦈🦈
vic!
huge pet collecter game fan
no. 1 Shark lover ❤️🦈
Emo foreva <3
🦈 🦈 🦈 🦈 🦈

~offline between 9:30pm (cet) to 7am(sleep times), offline between 7:50am to 1:10pm (school times)~
WillntWoodnt

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby remina » Thu Feb 22, 2024 8:07 am

WillntWoodnt wrote:Aw so sorry to hear about the car :c I hope you'll be able to replace those cds soon! Unfortunately in Europe yard sales aren't so common, most people in Germany just leave things outside their houses for free or donate them to charity thrift shops or straight to any sort of ebay type app. Ive been thinking of listening to Nico and the Velvet Underground actually, this year ive started listening to alot of new music and bands!

I definitely recommend the album she did with the velvet underground it’s amazing! Her solo stuff is beautiful too. She’s an amazing musician, although I could care less about Lou Reed. If you like deep vocals from women like Nico I also recommend Anika’s music as I feel like she captures a similar spirit.

Edit: I also have like almost every arctic monkeys record on vinyl EXCEPT humbug that’s the last one I’m missing from my collection. I have everything you’ve come to expect by the last shadow puppets on vinyl too but those are all recent pressings ofc.
remina

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby WillntWoodnt » Thu Feb 22, 2024 9:35 pm

I definitely recommend the album she did with the velvet underground it’s amazing! Her solo stuff is beautiful too. She’s an amazing musician, although I could care less about Lou Reed. If you like deep vocals from women like Nico I also recommend Anika’s music as I feel like she captures a similar spirit.

Edit: I also have like almost every arctic monkeys record on vinyl EXCEPT humbug that’s the last one I’m missing from my collection. I have everything you’ve come to expect by the last shadow puppets on vinyl too but those are all recent pressings ofc.

Ill definitely take a listen soon then!
Its funny actually i have a brand new Humbug vinyl in that record shop currently, alongside AM, The Car and FWN. Was also considering to buy it next since Humbug is my second favourite
🦈🦈🦈🦈🦈
vic!
huge pet collecter game fan
no. 1 Shark lover ❤️🦈
Emo foreva <3
🦈 🦈 🦈 🦈 🦈

~offline between 9:30pm (cet) to 7am(sleep times), offline between 7:50am to 1:10pm (school times)~
WillntWoodnt

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me