Disney Dreamlight Valley

Games, Movies, TV, YouTube, Books and Music - discuss it all here!

Re: Disney Dreamlight Valley

Postby SupernaturalJem » Thu Mar 14, 2024 4:10 am

Haven't logged on the game yet today, but I saw what's available in the premium shop. I will buy the up balloon, the monsters inc car thing and the fountain. If I get enough moonstones for my last dreamsnap, I may get the pets, but I'm skipping the backpack and the big hero six thing. I don't care for any of those. The backpack is way too expensive in my opinion and there is nothing aesthetically appealing about it for me. I'm not paying that much for something I will never use. Same for the big hero six stuff. Plus after buying the three most wanted items, I'm going to be down to like nine thousand moonstones already, so I may actually wait on the blue glowing pets, I'm not sure.

New dream snap theme is DIY theme park. I'm kind of burned out on theme park themed challenges to be honest. I'm not sure what I'm going to do for this one. I don't have all my previous rides in the same biomes because I didn't have room for a full on biome filled with nothing but rides due to the house skins. I don't want to change or move anything. Only place where I really have room is the desert in Eternity Isle, so I may have to do my dream snap there. I can just put the vine walls or something around to hide the desert look and rugs or pathing on the ground. I'm not yet sure what I'm going to do.

Edit: I got 4000 moonstones for my villainous lair dreamsnap. My rank was 4289 which is my third or forth highest rank (excluding the first six challenges because I didn't start keeping track until after that). My tags were 10/4, 24/6. I'm surprised I got this good a result. I was expecting no more than 2500 moonstones. So, I went ahead and bought the blue pets after all. Now I'm down to 10,875 moonstones. Hopefully there won't be anything too expensive in the premium shop next week. If there is, I may have to skip some of the items.

I managed to find some room in my forest (the side the frozen cave is on) to make a theme park dream snap. I used one ride beside me and had the Ferris wheel behind me along with other decor. My tags are 38/4 and 34/6 so hopefully the high tags helps my score and rank a lot.

-----

Edit 3-20-24: My game's premium shop and all won't reset for another thirty minutes, but I watched a video on you tube for someone in a different time zone. I'm so glad there's only one thing in the premium shop that I want this week (the sushi chef, even though I don't eat sushi, the Octo- Chef is too cute). I don't care much for Lady Tremaine's house. It's too small and plain for 3750 moonstones. I may buy it someday when I have a lot more moonstones if there's nothing else new in the shop when it returns. The basket is cute and all, but handheld bags and stuff are just useless since they can't be used in dreamsnaps. They're just a waste of moonstones at this point. I already had the beach shirt, skirt and watch set. So, I currently have 11125 moonstones. I'll still have nine thousand something after daily moonstones and voting, plus whatever I end up getting for my dreamsnap. I'm hoping to get at least two thousand five hundred moonstones, but hopefully I won't get less than twelve hundred moonstones.

Edit 3:26 p.m.): I got 4000 moonstones on my fur/feather/scales dreamsnap. I got in the top 3000. (Had rank 2968 or something like that). I'm pleasantly surprised by that. First time I've ever gotten 4000 moonstones three times in a row. Hopefully I can keep that streak up next week also. However, I don't think I'll do that well for this week's challenge. It's chill summer. It says wear a mix of summer and winter clothing. The examples had winters backgrounds. I didn't have time to go over to the main valley to frosted heights, so I did something different. I did a sunny shot on the eternity isle beach in mostly winter clothing. It's a nice shot, but not sure it will do well in the voting. I just was not very inspired with this challenge. Plus, where the menu stacks each clothing item you put on as a separate one with "dreamsnap" tab...when I tried to take off one piece to add a different one, it would not let me. I ended up having to close and re-open my game to be able to change clothes. So, I just took a quick pic. My tags are both eight, so not the highest, but hopefully I can skate by enough to get at least 1200 on it.

I put the sushi stuff in the pub house. It looks pretty cool inside a room.

Edit 3-22: I noticed yesterday that my dreamsnap that I submitted got erased from the system (I think it's cause when I went to change clothes for the mist duty, I used the tag search), so I had to redo my dreamsnap. I put on summery clothes and did an inside submission in my frozen room.

----------

Edit:3-27: I got 4000 moonstones for the fourth week in a row. I'm surprised my score was only 74 something considering how high my tags were. Maybe I didn't have a lot of bonus tag items in there? I don't know, but my rank was just under 5000. So, that's cool. I only bought the Hercules item bundle. I don't care for the ski outfit and the two house skins are too expensive for me right now. I want to get my moonstones back up again. I'm at 16,125 moonstones right now. If I bought a house skin now, I'd be right back down to 12,000 something moonstones. So, I will once again skip the palace skin until it comes to the shop when there is nothing else I need or I have a lot of moonstones, whichever happens first. I'm not crazy about the Eric boat house skin, so it will probably be one of the last house skins I buy if ever. I already had all the other things in the shop today. As for Scrooge shop, I think I'm only missing one door now and that's the green beauty and beast one. I got the monsters inc one yesterday and the frozen one a couple of days earlier. Today I got the vivid dresser from tangled and the covered bench from lion king.

New dreamsnap theme is ancient aesthetics. I did mine in eternity isle with all of the herc items and some other stuff that fit the tags. My tags were 29/6 and 40/5. I had quite a few items from the bonus tags too. Hopefully it does well.

----------

4-3-24: I got 2500 moonstones for my chill summer dreamsnaps, which is better than I thought I'd get since my tags were on the low side. I only bought the Incredibles suits & hero mask combo. I will wait till later for the Bakery House, I don't care for the summer Merlin outfit and I already had the other item set. My moonstone total is up to seventeen thousand something now. Hopefully my ancient aesthetics and my superhero entries will both get at least four thousand moonstones each.

-----

4-10-24: I only got 1500 moonstones for my ancient aesthetic dreamsnap. The only reason I can think as to why is that the items I put on tables and stuff must have been from the suggested tags. I didn't find out until after that dream snap was submitted that items on tables do not get counted in the tags. I bought the incredi-squirrel and the purple cottage (finally! I wasn't sure the cottage would return to the premium shop since it's offered in the cozy edition), so now I'm down to less than 15,000 moonstones (I had almost 18,000 before). New dream snap theme is Moana's village. I just set up a scene in sunlit plateau with Moana and Pua. My tags were 53/4 and 32/5 and nothing was on tables lol. So hopefully it does at least 4000 moonstones. My superhero one is pretty simple, so hopefully it will do okay. Most of the ones I've seen while voting have had simple backgrounds or are just in random spots in the valley/isle.

4-18-24: I only got 1500 moonstones on my superhero dream snap, which was expected. I just didn't have any ideas for the background, so it was just very bare bones. I only bought the lightning McQueen bed & piston cup. I will have to get the desert palace another time. I'm kinda low on moonstones and I think update is next week, so I want to save as many as I can. Already had the other two things in the premium shop. Hopefully the moana dreamsnap does well. New challenge is Monstersona. I already had a MI bedroom decorated the apartment building. Luckily Sully and Mike both were in the restaurant on Eternity Isle (apartment building is in the wild tangle). I choose Sully to follow me. Hopefully this one does well too.

The new update is supposed to have a TOM building where you can trade designs during valley visits. I'm not good at it, so I don't design clothes and stuff. If the building only works for valley visits, I likely won't even place it. I don't have anyone to do visits with. I can't get on discord or wherever to find anyone to visit because my old iPad won't load those websites. I'm hoping it will work like the kiosk in new horizons... Cause I would like to view others' designs for rugs and clothes among other things.

----

4-25-24: I got rank 1000 on my Moana dreamsnap. I love that the new update will allow us to take pics "inside" the rides. I wonder if that includes tower of terror. I hope I'm wrong, but it sounds like the TOM building being placed is going to be tied to Daisy's friendship quests. That's really annoying when it will likely be useless for me since I can't go to sites where I can find people to do multi player with at the moment. It sounds like we are going to need to do daily or weekly TOM challenges with Daisy in order to get new motifs and such. Not sure how I feel about this tbh. Oswald looks cute. Love his house. I hope we are able to get copies of the turquoise tables and chairs that are in his house. I love the color. There were only two out of eight of the items in premium shop this week that I didn't have. I just bought the set with the cherry blossom tree. I don't know if I will ever buy frosted fortress. It only works in frozen biome and mine is pretty full and I want to keep it as is. Plus, that house skin is just not one that I like much. Next challenge is 'in bloom". I did it on the beach with a lot of flowery stuff. Hopefully it does well.
My clickable adopts All on my LJ rather than putting all in my sig.

Please do NOT send trades for my event tokens. I rarely trade tokens before I get all of the event items/pets that I want. When my tokens are for trade, I will put that in my trade posts on the trade threads. Thank you.
SupernaturalJem

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Disney Dreamlight Valley

Postby SupernaturalJem » Thu May 02, 2024 3:16 pm

They made the words bigger on Switch and it makes everything look too big (the dream light task squares and such). I wish they'd let us have the option of it being normal or bigger instead of assuming everyone on switch was having trouble seeing the text. I liked it better the other way. This bigger text bothers my eyes, honestly. It also makes things clunkier. When you're crafting and trying to make multiples of an item, it's so slow to add more when before it was at a much faster speed.

I like the ride attraction feature, but I wish the villager you had following you could ride with you. It would be cool to make a pic of riding a ride with Eric today lol. Okay, the new craft able things, I do not like the rusty orange red color on the benches. It clashes badly with the purple and light blue. I don't really know what color they could change it to, but it needs to be another color. A lot of people on you tube vids were expressing their dislike with the color combo.

I upgraded my hourglass to level four, but so far the only new part I found was the ancient screw (two of them). Hopefully I'll find more later. Love the fire station in the star path and that we will be able to make a fire truck with the time bending table to go with it. As for the premium shop, I spent a lot. I skipped the up house and the hei hei bundle for now. I bought the corona set, the dress, the entrance and the Bonnie toy set. I had the other two things. After all of that and buying the star path (plus the daily, voting, dream snaps and then the moonstones from the first three star path reward pages), I'm down from 18, 000 + to 13,000+ moonstones. I'm going to try to get to the fourth and fifth star path pages before next Wednesday to get the extra moonstones on those pages. If i do, I may buy hei hei, I don't know. It's 3000 moonstones which I believe is more expensive than the zero fox bundle was and hei hei is tiny compared to zero fox.

I got four thousand moonstones for my monster-sona . My rank was four thousand something, not too bad. New challenge is another decor challenge. I think it is called royal celebration. I had forty of each of the required tags, so hopefully that will be a good score. I actually had done some very simple touch of magic clothing items, so I displayed them in the boutique. With my first one hundred daisy coins I bought the base for the rock rug. I'm excited to try my hand at customizing some with pretty and shiny colors.

Most of Daisy's voiced dialogue sounds okay, but when she says "just who I wanted to see", she sounds more like Ellie-May Clampet than Daisy Duck. It sounds like a very southern drawl that I've never heard from any other version of Daisy. It's kind of odd compared to rest of her voiced lines in the game, like it sounds like that line is voiced by a different person than the rest of the lines lol. Anyway, I got her up to level five so far. Though haven't done any quests past the one with the wardrobe. I'm going to finish her stuff before starting the Oswald stuff.

5-4-24: they really need to release a patch ASAP. This update is so buggy. The game has shut down once a day since the update and I've had to manually close it at least three times due to freezing and stuff. Today while I was making a meal, the picture didn't load back to the main picture outside of the cooking screen, so it just went black, but I could still hear the game sounds as if it was playing normally. On top of this, I started the Merlin quest (to open the area on Eternity Isle where Oswald is), found the required flickers in a realm, but then when I tried to search for the ones in plaza near the well, it said there was nothing there to search for. So, I went and did other stuff and tried again later. It would only let me search once and it was a regular item. When it wouldn't let me search anymore, I untracked the quest and then clicked to track it again. When I did that, it let me timebend once, but again, I could only find one regular item, no flickers. I will try again tomorrow, but if it's still not working properly then it's bugged out. It's possible my doing my regular time bending in all biomes today bugged it out temporarily. But, I paid money for the DLC and it would be nice if I could do the quests for it without issue. There's already going to be a point in Oswald quests where I will get stuck due to the glitch of the 3D glasses appearing in Scrooge's shop beside the new headband ears. You aren't supposed to be able to purchase them until the quest promps you to and then you have to get them from Scrooge himself, not on the shelf. But, if you bought them when they were on the shelf like a lot of players did, then it will not let you purchase them again during the quest, therefore you cannot progress. Oh and also, that thing it was doing after a previous update (not monsters inc, I think it was the one before that) where items on eternity isle you already had it your collection, it would say on the collections tab that you didn't have them, it's still doing that and gas now spread to regular valley items too.
My clickable adopts All on my LJ rather than putting all in my sig.

Please do NOT send trades for my event tokens. I rarely trade tokens before I get all of the event items/pets that I want. When my tokens are for trade, I will put that in my trade posts on the trade threads. Thank you.
SupernaturalJem

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me