Have you ever experienced a "Tetris Effect"?

Games, Movies, TV, YouTube, Books and Music - discuss it all here!

Re: Have you ever experienced a "Tetris Effect"?

Postby aiganym » Tue Dec 05, 2023 9:50 pm

yess for so many things
i"ve gotten it for tetris, some colour popping mini-game within a game, NGU idle, deep rock galactic
basically any game i start playing daily i start getting the tetris effect until ive played for a while, then it goes away
aiganym

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Asterlie » Thu Dec 07, 2023 1:36 pm

I used to do this when I worked as a cashier a few years back. After that, I did it with Beat Saber T_T

I haven't done it since tho, and it's been a hot minute since I've played Beat Saber that religiously lol
~ A s t e r l i e ~
-- -- -- -- --

Toyhou.se
Dragon Cave
DeviantArt
All Art Credit
-- -- -- -- --
Asterlie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby LeTitanator » Mon Dec 11, 2023 9:31 am

This definitely happened to me, I committed many hours to playing a game called space station 14, and when I wasn’t playing I watched videos of YouTubers playing the game. Once the Tetris effect set in, whenever I thought about memories or stuff that happened in the day I thought of the people as game characters running around in the game-this was especially bad when I was trying to get to sleep
LeTitanator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby fae-syla » Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:29 pm

It’s not the only time but the most prevalent and the one i dislike the most is when I’m reading a physical book and I go to press hard to highlight a word to look up the definition like i’m on kindle and… yeah. It’s always the most dopey feeling afterward -.-
syla ⟡ she/her ⟡ bi ⟡ adult player

ImageImageImageImage
fae-syla

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Magoland » Sat Jan 27, 2024 9:29 am

oh yeah. i've been experiencing these since i was little. when i was 7 or 8 whenever i was pushing or pulling a heavy object i would do it one bit at a time, like how your character looks when you’re decorating your house in animal crossing. most of my stims were sounds or movements from animal crossing. whenever i saw furniture or clothing that looked like they were from animal crossing i would flip out. i would also go crazy over the real stray cats that occasionally came by our street that looked like warrior cats characters. there was also this game i really loved (i still love it btw) called petz dogz 2. wherever i went, the songs from that game that best fit the location i was in would play in my head until i left.

and now it’s happening again but with kirby. literally everything is a kirby reference. trees? whispy woods or the master crown tree. a mirror? the dimension mirror. a butterfly? morpho knight. a clock? galactic nova. an egg? magolor. i wanted to name my third cat magolor but my mom said no because last time i named a cat i named him SPRIGATITO. so instead i named the new cat nova (like galactic nova). i feel like i should also mention that i LOVE gemstones. but now thanks to super kirby clash and GEM APPLES, I WILL GO INSANE WHEN I SEE A GEMSTONE OR AN APPLE!!!!! MY FRIEND GAVE ME A SUPER BEAUTIFUL BLACK ONYX TREE AND MY FIRST THOUGHT WAS “OMG IT’S THE GEM APPLE TREE”

nothing good comes of fighting.

let’s always stay friends, kirby!
aeon / autumn / mags
he / they
aroace. perchance.

▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ⚙️🥚💫 ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰

proud to be cs’ magolor enjoyer :3
aside from magolor, i also love everything about outer space!! oh yeah and pokémon is pretty awesome sauce too
Image Image
Image Image
Magoland

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Extra Edgy Otter » Wed Feb 28, 2024 10:34 am

I play Minecraft with the Freecam spectator mod. I find myself daydreaming about freecaming to look around outside my house, down isles of stores, etc.
Last edited by Extra Edgy Otter on Tue Mar 19, 2024 7:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Littlest Pet Shop, Furby, MCYT, and animatronic enthusiast!

ImageImageImageImage

lyrics by The Mountain Goats, blinkies by me
Extra Edgy Otter

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lefallen » Sun Mar 10, 2024 6:20 pm

Omg yes, but I didn't know it is called "Tetris Effect". So interesting, thanks.
lefallen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Extra Edgy Otter » Tue Mar 19, 2024 7:41 am

I play Minecraft with the freecam mod. I constantly want to freecam in real life to see what someone's doing in the other room, or find something in a store.
Alternatively, I've been having this weird thing where whenever I want to look something up, I want to add "Sims 4" to it too. because half of my gameplay is trying to find fixes and changes to things.

Littlest Pet Shop, Furby, MCYT, and animatronic enthusiast!

ImageImageImageImage

lyrics by The Mountain Goats, blinkies by me
Extra Edgy Otter

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me