rhythm games :)

Games, Movies, TV, YouTube, Books and Music - discuss it all here!

rhythm games :)

Postby ill-DOC » Fri Jul 01, 2022 7:36 pm

is anyone else into rhythm games here?

i mainly play the gacha-adjacent ones like project sekai and hypmic ARB. i take project sekai a little too seriously i think, i've tiered in a few events on the english server. my highest was t31 during nocturne interlude. hypmic is a bit more relaxed for me as i'm not as good at the love live-style gameplay, and the green notes really throw my combos off

i also have been trying to get into arcade rhythm games! i cannot really play them atm because the arcade near me with japanese games closed down, but there's an arcade with DDR that i've been visiting semi-regularly. i am getting pretty good at it. i can currently clear 8-difficults.

i wish i was able to play dancerush stardom, it looks like a lot of fun ;-;

anyone else share this interest? what games do you play? i know about a whole lot of them so don't feel like you can't bring something up because i didn't mention it here ^^
Image Image
he/vamp/it, my carrd!
ill-DOC

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: rhythm games :)

Postby reflections. » Fri Jul 01, 2022 8:15 pm

hello!!! I play bandori and project sekai sometimes, I used to play love live but lost interest (I still love Rin dearly </3).
I'm pretty okay at these games, kinda? I can fullcombo some hard songs but prsk is harder for me than Bandori

I'm not a big fan of love live's layout either, It always mixed me up and the timing of notes always made me lose my combo lol
although I've been distancing myself from prsk, I have been playing bandori a little more now! (rui my beloved)

I used to play arcaea but I only played World.execute(me); and would feel extreme anguish trying to tap sky notes omg

arcade rhythm games look SO cool but I don't think I have enough stamina to play them!! I love seeing those chunithm videos where they play songs like Roku chounen and just do it so flawlessly, and watched a DDR video recently that caught my attention! outside of gacha rhythm games I don't know too much about other games, so I'd like to look into those more!!
I've also played miku project diva like once at my friend's house and It was hard but fun! I'd love to play it again!!

Also, Who's your favorite in Project sekai? mine's Kanade :]
Should I ignore the fashion or go by the book?
I don't want it! I just want your eyes fixated on me ! !

☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆
I am Jamie!! or waltz !! hi eng/arab other stuff !
reflections.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ill-DOC » Sat Jul 02, 2022 6:06 am

reflections. wrote:hello!!! I play bandori and project sekai sometimes, I used to play love live but lost interest (I still love Rin dearly </3).
I'm pretty okay at these games, kinda? I can fullcombo some hard songs but prsk is harder for me than Bandori

i also lost interest in love live but it was my first rhythm game along w/ project diva/mirai so i hold it close to my heart... pana my beloved
i havent played bandori in a while (i miss hhw) but i am pretty good at project sekai, on good days i can full combo master 32s

never played arcaea before but from what i've seen it looks very cool... i should check it out

reflections. wrote:arcade rhythm games look SO cool but I don't think I have enough stamina to play them!! I love seeing those chunithm videos where they play songs like Roku chounen and just do it so flawlessly, and watched a DDR video recently that caught my attention!

i used to not have that much stamina but i've noticed it's improved since i've picked ddr up, you can always start with the basic/easy levels and see if you can work up from there! no pressure though, genuinely
chunithm looks like so much fun i wish i could play it ;-; do you remember which DDR video you watched?

reflections. wrote:outside of gacha rhythm games I don't know too much about other games, so I'd like to look into those more!!
I've also played miku project diva like once at my friend's house and It was hard but fun! I'd love to play it again!!

Also, Who's your favorite in Project sekai? mine's Kanade :]

i have a basic knowledge of a lot of rhythm games but not TOO deep about any of them if that makes sense, i only very recently got into ddr (around last month) so im still learning the terminology and stuff -w- its a lot of fun

i like toya a lot! his character rank on en for me currently is 31, so i have feathers on his title. not sure if its a flex or just concerning
Image Image
he/vamp/it, my carrd!
ill-DOC

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby reflections. » Sat Jul 02, 2022 8:02 am

Cool!! : D

I have kanade at rank…. 28 on jp? I tried playing en but I think I just got tired of it lol

I think the highest I’ve full combo’ed on prsk was.. a 31 master rolling girl? I’ve almost full combo’ed children’s record which is a 32 I think? Bandori wise I am pretty good at it but I haven’t played in a little, I’ve fc’ed songs like ringing bloom, roku chounen, sensenfukoku, hey day, stuff like that! I think I’m better at bandori than prsk but I think that’s because if prsk even notices you’re scared of losing your combo, you just immediately lose it lol

Arcaea can be fun but it’s kinda like multitasking really fast? I don’t know if there’s a story to it but there are characters you can have for scores and. Most songs don’t have lyrics from what I remember?

I do remember what I watched! Specifically this one, about controllers for DDR games! I found it interesting!
Should I ignore the fashion or go by the book?
I don't want it! I just want your eyes fixated on me ! !

☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆
I am Jamie!! or waltz !! hi eng/arab other stuff !
reflections.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby l1lithu » Sat Jul 02, 2022 7:12 pm

heya!!
I play Bandori (you can tell..) and PJSK a lot, Cytus II a little less, and I used to play this one Korean arcade rhythm game (which I have forgotten the name of) a LOT back when I lived near an arcade that had one.

I'm not too great at the rhythm part, but not bad either I guess. For Bandori I can FC most experts under 27, same goes for PJSK I think, experts and masters under 27 are easy FCs.

I tried Arcaea, failed miserably due to the sky notes.
Oh and I invested into twisted wonderland a while, before the pull of girls bands made me return to bandori

Edit: wait Jay hi again
l1lithu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lazey » Tue Oct 11, 2022 6:18 am

i love project sekai (as you can see by my profile... lol) but i used to play bandori a lot too. i still love kaoru and kokoro, but i got really burned out and when i came back to the game it just wasn't the same for me. i also tried playing enstars now the english version is out but i got really bored fast, i don't really know why.

my favorite character from project sekai is mafuyu, but i don't have any good cards for her. i'm working on getting captive masquerade from the exchange shop haha.
﹥emil/alice - bigender - (s)he/it
﹥loves rodents and pps snakes - art shop
ImageImageImageImage
lazey

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby estus » Tue Oct 11, 2022 6:42 am

AHHH RHYTHM GAMES!!! i play/have played a ton of them i consider them my special interest!!!!!
i on and off play the mobile gacha ones like pjsekai and bandori they are rlly fun!

my favorite mobile one has got to be arcaea, ive FCd some decently difficult songs (at least 3 10 rated ones) and have a bunch of the song packs too!

arcade ones are super fun! i have a sound voltex controller and a chunithm one as well and im decently good at both of those! i dont live near any arcade with any but ive visited some areas where im able to visit one and thats always a really cool experience!
dancerush is really fun i hope u get to play it sometime! whenever ive played it i get all sweaty and tuckered out but if youve been playing ddr it should be easier for you!

also,
lazey wrote:i also tried playing enstars now the english version is out but i got really bored fast, i don't really know why.

this happened to me too T_T i got it mostly because ive heard crazy things about the story but i uninstalled it the day i got it because i thought all the songs were really boring n the rhythm game part itself felt plain to me :P

『ROCKY/ESTUS - HE/HIM』
▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪
HI!! IM ESTUS! IM A SILLY GUY!
i love rhythm games! ive played 100+ and counting!
i gift people frequently and in return, im not great at trading, i often get anxious!
:D :D :D

ฅ(=ↀωↀ=) !!!somebody cares about you, so remember to care for yourself too!!! ฅ(=ↀωↀ=)
ImageTHsteambest boy of all time Image
estus

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Guest » Wed Oct 12, 2022 12:23 am

I'm relatively new to rhythm games, I play project sekai daily and I had enstars installed for a while but my phone space doesn't have any room for more than one rhythm game, I have played arcade ones though and they're super fun. I also have sonolus for songs that aren't on pjsk

Postby tennis baby » Wed Oct 12, 2022 7:21 pm

I love rhythm games a lot! My favs are probably Project Diva and Taiko no Tatsujin, and I've been recently getting back into Project Sekai! I also played and enjoyed Groove Coaster, tho I haven't played that in a while.
she/her, adult
Image Image
tennis baby

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby littlebuddysweetypie » Sat Oct 22, 2022 11:05 am

I am a very sad creature, but I like friday night funkin! I also really like beat saber, but I don't play many rhythm games sadly. I wanna play more but my brain gets overwhelmed easily LMBO.
littlebuddysweetypie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me