rhythm games :)

Games, Movies, TV, YouTube, Books and Music - discuss it all here!

Re: rhythm games :)

Postby outro;tear » Sun Nov 06, 2022 3:21 am

ouhhh i have a long history with rhythm games so im glad this topic exists

my first rhythm game was osu back in '17 when i was first like woahhhh these circle guys are fast . And as time went on i kind of got bored of osu , like I really enjoyed the wide variety of songs and stuff but like im hilariously bad at aiming

then i moved to mobile rhythm games, starting with cytus ii and arcaea. and i didnt really play arcaea that much because most content was paid... cytus had an awesome story though and the gameplay was super fun! I had a fun time doing songs way past my level like fujin rumble on the hardest difficulty.... what was i doing

as time went on i kind of went thru rhythm game burnout, id visit my local arcades with friends sometimes to play maimai and pump it up but that was pretty much it

then i got back into rhythm games when proseka released in english! Back then, i only saw jp gameplay and it never told me the name of the game. Now that i knew, i made an en account, then moved to jp servers

Now I can comfortably fc lv 29s on proseka, ive only fced disappearance of hatsune miku from the 30s+ (not inlcuding masters) . So Id think im pretty good at rhythm games now, so im happy with my progress :]
fighting, bleeding, losing, i'm really sick of it now (SIG WIP)
★ cloud // ⚢ // any pronouns // istp // listography //
outro;tear

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Blubell » Sun Nov 06, 2022 2:08 pm

I used to play O2Jam, Audition Online and SDO lol. PC rhythm games used to be my jam but as I get busier with work I stick to mobile rhythm games. I play Deemo and Arcaea casually and am now getting into Ensemble Stars!! Music. Right now I'm only actively (and sometimes competitively) playing one rhythm game -Enstars.

Crazy:B (my favorite Enstars unit) dropped a new MV! Check them out! :D
Crazy:B「Helter-Spider」
Blubell

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby parsleybotch » Mon Nov 07, 2022 8:45 pm

OH I LOVE RHYTHM GAMES!!! My favorite is Project Diva, but I play it on my switch and recently I downloaded all the DLC, which... which made the game too big to play on my switch without an SD card D:

Here's all the rhythm games I've played: Project Diva, Project Sekai, Osu, Love Live, Friday Night Funkin, Scratchin Melodii, Beat Saber, Piano Tiles, Taiko No Tatsujin, Rhythm Heaven Fever and Megamix, Dance Dance Revolution, Groove Coaster, Steven Universe: Soundtrack Attack, anddd, uh, a really jank youtube rhythm game called BEAT MP3 that kinda sucks but I use it when I just wanna tap vaguely to the beat of a song not in any other rhythm game hahaha

I consider Beat Saber to be the game I'm most skilled in! I started using it as exercise since I hate traditional exercise and it actually helped me lose like 60 lbs HFJURHGRKJGHR I default to playing most songs on hard and a few on expert! My biggest achievement is being able to beat Ghost on Hard... But I'm not touching it on expert. Nooo way.

--𝕓𝕒𝕟𝕜𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕒𝕟𝕕 𝕓𝕠𝕪𝕤--
parsleybotch

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby IPuppyI » Fri Feb 02, 2024 8:43 pm

I absolutely love rhythm games! The main ones I play are Cytus (1 and 2), Clone Hero, and Beat Saber. But I play various others too :)
IPuppyI

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby aquamiao » Sat Feb 03, 2024 12:23 pm

HELLO PROJECT SEKAI FANS IN CHAT......

╔═════ ∘◦ ☆ ◦∘ ═════╗
i saw it in that meteor,
a light that cuts into the darkness--
light up my eyes and i won’t get lost,
so watch over me, Regulus!

aqua | they/them | discord: sticktoyourfaith
current interests: blue lock, prsk,
apothecary diaries, gotg, splatoon, etc

Image Image
╚═════ ∘◦ ☆ ◦∘ ═════╝

aquamiao

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TheCorporateVampire » Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:21 am

I've Never Played Any Of These, But I Grew Up With Rhythm Games And I'm Very Fond Of Them! Rhythm Heaven, Parappa, Beat Saber... All Very Fun! I Think I Liked Rhythm Heaven The Most When I Was Younger.
“Without the threat of suffering, we can’t experience true joy.”
TheCorporateVampire

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kingkadota » Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:43 am

I got into them with Love Live and then Popn at my local anime convention. I wish I could play Beat Saber too!
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From the River to the Sea, Palestine will be Free
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Kota ❊ he/she/they ❊ PM Me! Let's be Friends!
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
kingkadota

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ch!cken » Wed Apr 03, 2024 3:41 pm

im so glad theres a rhythm game thread!!! my fav is project diva, specifically megamix+ but i started with megamix on the switch back in 2020 : ) now that i've been playing for about 4 years i can comfortably clear 9.5s and some 10 stars, i am so excited the game is on pc now bcuz ive modded the crap outta my save LOL i think i have somewhere around 400 extra songs atm, other than project diva i casually enjoy osu and rhythm heaven : )
ImageImage she/they/he :3
Ch!cken

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby bivolos » Wed Apr 10, 2024 9:21 am

God I've played SOOOO many. Don't think I've seen anyone mention the superstar games? Used to be into those w kpop obvi and their layout is a bit dif but they work and I like the card sets!
Otherwise I've played both love live!s, project sekai, bandori, hypmic and bits of others :]
bivolos

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me