Book Suggestions?

Games, Movies, TV, YouTube, Books and Music - discuss it all here!

Book Suggestions?

Postby champeo » Wed Dec 29, 2010 12:37 pm

Yes, I need new books. I've read the Harry Potter books, I'm rereading all the Warriors books again (And working on Night Whispers). But, I want a fresh new series that's interesting. Right now i'm thinking of the Hunger Games series, but I'll take any other suggestions. I'm trying the Percy Jacksons, and I didn't like the Twilight series at all. I thought it was devoid of goodness. I'm a big Fantasy fan. Thanks! ;)
champeo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Book Suggestions?

Postby HeartOfCoal » Wed Dec 29, 2010 12:58 pm

You know what, I'm just going to copy/paste from all the other times I've typed this up. Just a sec.

Okay, here we go. It should be series name, author, then books in said series in order.

Mortal Instruments series by Cassandra Clare, Books: City of Bones, City of Ashes, City of Glass, and coming out in April City of Fallen Angels. (This series has a little romance in it, but it's still excellent. It's nearly as good as Harry Potter. Okay, I'll get back to the list.)

Inheritance Cycle by Christopher Paolini Books: Eragon, Eldest, Brisingr (This ties with Percy Jackson and Mortal Instruments for the second place favorite series slot. I'm Team Eragon because of this book. You must read this if you haven't already.)

Alex Rider series by Anthony Horowitz Books: Stormbreaker, Point Blanc, Skeleton Key, Eagle Strike, Scorpia, Ark Angel, Snakehead, Crocidile Tears (I wish Alex Rider was real so I could marry him. This series is absolutely amazing. Although, now that I think about it, it isn't fantasy but it's still amazing.)

Ranger's Apprentice series by John Flanagan Books: The Ruins of Gorlan, The Burning Bridge, The Icebound Land, Oakleaf Bearers, The Sorcerer in the North, The Siege of Macindaw, Erak's Ransom, The Kings of Clonmel, Halt's Peril (Oh, I love this series. It's tied in my third place favorite series spot with Alex Rider and Shadow Children series.)

The Last Dragon Chronicles by Chris d'Lacey. Books: The Fire Within, Icefire, Fire Star, The Fire Eternal, Dark Fire (Two words: Amazing, and Dragons.)

His Dark materials series by Philip Pullman, Books: The Golden Compas, The Subtle Knife, The Amber Spyglass (The first book was pretty good but I haven't personally finished the series.)

Shadow Children series by Margaret Peterson Haddix, Books: Among the Hidden, Among the Imposters, Among the Betrayed, Among the Barons, Among the Brave, Among the Enemy, Among the Free (It's really sad how I have all those memorized from the number of times I've read the series. Grant it, that was before I read Harry Potter and became obsessed.)

That should cover all the nearly-as-good-as-Harry-Potter series (I think that's how you pluralize series) that I know. If I know anymore, I'll add them. And sorry for my babbling commentary on the series. And that it's so long.

Looking for these flowers:
ImageImageImageImage
HeartOfCoal

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Book Suggestions?

Postby champeo » Wed Dec 29, 2010 1:02 pm

Thanks HeartofCoal, I've read the Last Dragon Chronicles, and I have been seriously considering Alex Rider ever since a friend told me about the series.

Anyway, I didn't mind your commentary, It helped me to see what kind of book it was.
champeo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me