Pokemon UltraSun and UltraMoon: Official Discussion Thread

Games, Movies, TV, YouTube, Books and Music - discuss it all here!

Re: Pokemon UltraSun and UltraMoon: Official Discussion Thre

Postby kybcr » Thu Jun 08, 2017 12:16 pm

*sobbing*

wh... where's my sinnoh remake

(tbh i'll end up buying UltraMoon anyways, even though Ultra Solgaleo and Ultra Lunala look like they used dissected parts of Necrozma as jewelry because they're going through an emo phase. "it's not a phase lillie this is who i am1!!!11!!!.!!")
kybcr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Skrooker » Thu Jun 08, 2017 12:25 pm

Sharon Carter wrote:*sobbing*

wh... where's my sinnoh remake

(tbh i'll end up buying UltraMoon anyways, even though Ultra Solgaleo and Ultra Lunala look like they used dissected parts of Necrozma as jewelry because they're going through an emo phase. "it's not a phase lillie this is who i am1!!!11!!!.!!")

I'm quite tired of everyone complaining over not getting Sinnoh remakes just yet. They've already released one set of remakes for this system, the next set of remakes will be for the Switch. They're coming, there's no doubt, you'll just have to be patient for a little while longer. There was a six-year gap between FRLG and HGSS, and then a four-year gap between HGSS and ORAS. ORAS was released only three years ago. You will all just have to be patient or it'll be the infamous Pokemon Z crisis all over again.

Speaking of which, this will probably be a good time to lay down just two rules: No Discussion Of A Lack Of Sinnoh Remakes, and No Bashing Because You Didn't Get What You Wanted. I am not having that disaster on my hands, and it's not fair if your hatred over not getting rumors that were overhyped anyway is going to ruin the fun for those who are excited that the USUM games are coming out. Please reserve that for private conversations.
”And if they ever hear my name, will they know I walked alone

Around these dusty streets, my tired old home?

And will they ever stop to think what was here before? no

They won't remember that I'm gone"

~"Die Anywhere Else"/Alec Holowka
Skrooker

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kybcr » Sat Jun 10, 2017 6:45 pm

In any case, I'm glad UsUm won't be for Nintendo Switch. (I used all my spare money to buy Moon and because I can't afford a 3DS i dumped the game files with my friend's 3DS and play on the Citra emulator.) If we ever get Sinnoh remakes and they're for Nintendo Switch I will cri
kybcr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Skrooker » Sun Aug 06, 2017 2:34 am

Today we have finally received some news on Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon.

Or, to be more specific, news about news.

CoroCoro's most recent issue, a particular spot on the background of the cover in fact, includes a dog-like creature that may be a new form of Lycanroc. This ties in heavily with the new teaser for the episode of the anime due to air in Japan on the 10th, which very heavily implies not only Ash's Rockruff's coming evolution but that it may be taking a form not yet revealed.

There has also been confirmation that tomorrow at four PM PDT, Pokenchi will be airing the first actual news on Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon since the reveal in the Direct back in June. We have no idea what this news may be but we will be updating when the reveal airs.

Skrooker

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Babypoke » Sun Aug 06, 2017 5:40 am

Ill be happy to buy a copy hmm should I get ultraSun or Ultra moon
Looking for wishlists pets for hoards or collections
Currently looking to this dreamie
Image Have c$, fr gems
Image Please click my eggs on pokefarm q

Long term goal is to get all all items and pets on cs
Babypoke

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Skrooker » Mon Aug 07, 2017 11:41 am

As was revealed a bit by surprise yesterday, we now have some info about a new Lycanroc form. It is called Dusk Lycanroc and mostly resembles an orange Midday Lycanroc with Midnight Lycanroc's wild mane. It has also been revealed that this is what Ash's Rockruff will evolve into in the next episode of the anime. Whether a Dawn Lycanroc exists or not is unknown right now, and it is currently unknown how Dusk Lycanroc evolves.

Skrooker

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby wiltingwillow » Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:15 am

I like lunala more than solgaleo but the moon games being at night urks me. I really don't like the idea of the games being 12 hours apart. I hope games after ultra sun and ultra moon don't have strange decisions like this, I dunno, is it just me?
wiltingwillow

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby wiltingwillow » Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:21 am

If dusk lycanroc has midday lycanrocs main body (ya know all fours), if we get dawn lycanroc, will it be up on two legs like midnight lycanroc? And for my thoughts on dawn lycanroc, I don't really like it. I feel the orange colour doesn't suit. It just looks off and I would rather just chose midday over it.
wiltingwillow

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Skrooker » Sat Aug 19, 2017 4:51 am

Just over two months after the announcement Direct, we got a surprise trailer release today. It features the games' box art at the end (along with a strange rhombus shape that appears to have eyes split between the outer edges of the boxes), an updated map with new areas, new character designs for the protagonists (and customization confirmed), and a brief scene in which a Rockruff is following you around. We have no idea if this actually means that Pokemon following you has returned and is optional, or if only certain Pokemon can follow you in certain areas. The website has also been updated with the artwork for the new Z-Ring seen at the end of the Direct trailer back in June, called the Z-Power Ring.

There was also a bonus trailer released not long ago featuring Kommo-o and its own unique Z-Move, which damages all opponents and gives Kommo-o a status boost.

Already, I am hoping (not expecting, but hoping) that GameFreak will be giving us something new about omce every two weeks now like they did with Sun and Moon last year, given that the last news we received on these games was about two weeks ago. No confirmation on that yet, but I'll be back if and when something new is announced.

Skrooker

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Skrooker » Fri Oct 27, 2017 11:29 pm

I am very sorry for the extreme lack of updates on this thread, I started school again about two months ago and between that and work I haven't had much time for, well, much of anything on here.

But we have had loads and loads of info dropped in the last two months and I'm going to update on all of it now.

The new Solgaleo and Lunala are not actually Solgaleo and Lunala, but forms of Necrozma called Dusk Mane Necrozma and Dawn Wings Necrozma. They keep Solgaleo and Lunala's signature moves and even gain exclusive Z-Moves derived from those. They also gain a new move called Photon Geyser.

Team Skull and the Aether Foundation have been confirmed to be making appearances, as well as a new syndicate whose motives are yet unknown called the Ultra Recon Squad. The four members (Dulse, Zossi, Phyco, and Soliera) have not yet been seen doing much other than merely observing the environment but time will tell if they actually have sinister motives or not. Depending on which version you are playing, two of the members will be featured more prominently in one version than the other (Dulse and Zossi for Ultra Sun, Phyco and Soliera for Ultra Moon), but they are not strictly version exclusive.

Three new Ultra Beasts have been revealed thus far: UB Burst, UB Assembly, and UB Adhesive. UB Burst is Fire/Ghost and knows a new move, Mind Blown, which causes massive amounts of damage at the cost of half of Burst's HP. UB Assembly is Rock/Steel, and UB Adhesive is pure Poison.

We are able to visit the Ultra Beast's realms through the Ultra Wormhole, where we are actually able to explore the environments and capture them on their home turf. Other areas are also able to be accessed, such as the Ultra Megalopis, a strange and mostly-unknown extraterrestrial city where the URS comes from, and branched wormholes through which other Legendaries from past games can be obtained.

There have been more Pokemon added to the Alolan Dex (the total now comes to over 400) and features Pokemon such as Houndoom, Manectric, Larvitar, Larvesta, and Mareep. It is currently unknown if any new Alolan forms will be added.

Though Pokemon are not able to follow us around, we are able to play and interact with Pokemon that appear in the overworld, such as the Rockruff seen in earlier trailers and the Pikachu at the Pikachu park.

There have been various new areas added to the Alola region's map, and we are able to surf between the islands on Mantine via a new PokeRide service. We can also do tricks on Mantine which earn points that can be used on other such servives such as the Move Tutor. It is unknown whether or not we can catch Pokemon from Mantine Surf.

The Dusk Lycanroc can only evolve from Rockruff with the ability Own Tempo (which as of right now is only the distribution Rockruff but hints that Rockruff will be able to be found with the ability in later games), and can only evolve from 17:00 to 17:59 pm (5 to 5:59 pm).

The deveolpers have revealed that USUM are, in terms of script, twice as long as SM, have a more thorough plotline, and loads of post-game content. The changes overall between SM and USUM are said to be more than the changes in Emerald and Platinum.

There is a new building in Hau'oli City called the Alola Photo Club, where you can take pictures with your Pokemon and it increases their affection towards you.

Poke Pelago, Festival Plaza, Pokemon Refresh, and various other features from SM are confirmed to be making a return.

Though we have no further details yet, Team Rocket is confirmed to be making an appearance.

The next trailer drop is due on November 2nd.

Skrooker

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me