Splatoon2 Theory - Marie's Behavior

Games, Movies, TV, YouTube, Books and Music - discuss it all here!

Splatoon2 Theory - Marie's Behavior

Postby FlyingFoxWink » Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:08 am

This is just a theory. I'd be super glad to get good critique and opinions on this. This is something I really want to talk about.

The first thing I want to point out is the most discussed part in the trailer was Marie in black clothes. Marie is a squid sister, and is famous alongside her cousin, Callie. Marie usually wears, ya know, "pop star" clothes. In the trailer, there are two seconds showing the famous dancer looking away from the camera (I'm just going to call it camera) wearing a black shirt of some sort and what appears to be jeans. This is... unusual.
Of course, many of the fans had a thought that Marie was wearing Japanese Funeral Clothes. Looking them up, I discovered that the female black style for appropriate funeral clothing matches very similarly to Marie's.
Many fans speculate Callie's absence in the trailer. Which leads to a straight conclusion to them. Callie is dead.
Now in my opinion, I think this is ridiculous. Sure, there is slight evidence to back this up. But I have a bit more evidence for a different opinion.
For me, someone is dead. The location Marie seems to be in for the picture is blurred, but I can lightly predict that it is near Captain Cuttlefish's shed.

Many fans forget about the old man. Captain Cuttlefish is an old squid that is confirmed to be over 100 years old, and has a major rivalry against the octorians, the enemies you fight in single player that battle the squids for remaining land. The battle is a different story, so let's focus on this captain.
I feel kind of bad for not appreciating Captain Cuttlefish as much. He is the grandfather of both the squid sisters, who seem to have no parents to begin with. I wouldn't create a theory on their parents, because I know adding evidence of the squid sister's parents in the original Splatoon game would be pointless. Captain Cuttlefish is a good way to add that vibe of an "old war veteran" and at the same time, makes sense to be related to Callie and Marie. Without him, I think the game in single player would have a pointless backstory and would be awkward to have Callie and Marie without anyone to take care of them. Then there's more theories... This is why I consider appreciating this old man.
Getting back to Marie and the trailer, my prediction would be that Captain Cuttlefish had died. Yes, there's more evidence for this. He was over 100 years old, and at the same time, had hatred for the Octorians who were still, slightly, at war. Cuttlefish could have possibly died at an old age, or, which might be less likely, have been killed by the Octorians.
The evidence for Callie's death is just not certain. Sure, she was not in the trailer. The trailer mainly focused on the new battle techniques, showed off the new hair styles, (which many people are just gloriously happy for) and the weapons, and just so many cool stuff that makes you want to give your money to Nintendo. (Lol) I think the slight cutscenes with the setting, Marie, the two new characters, (which are the baby Judd and the little version of Spyke) are something Nintendo added to make sure that the battling and weapons and all weren't the exact main focus on the new game. What I'm getting to here is half of the reason she wasn't in the trailer.
The other half is just a prediction. If Captain Cuttlefish died, who, out of the two, is likely to handle it seriously?
Marie.
My theory is that somehow Captain Cuttlefish died, and Marie is the only one to find this out. The only two other characters, besides the player, that have a close relationship with him are Callie and Sheldon. (Why Sheldon?) Captain Cuttlefish is shown to have joined forces with Sheldon's grandparents to fight off the Octorians, so of course Sheldon has evidence of knowing Cuttlefish.
Marie, from what I think, is not standing with Callie because if she found out, she would go crazy. Of course this would be such an emotional moment for Callie and Marie, it's their grandpa! Marie handles things much more seriously, and would be afraid to tell Callie in the first place. Sheldon in my opinion hasn't been told. He's been working away on those new weapons! Marie's got to come clear though, and I guess we can find out how...
Last edited by FlyingFoxWink on Thu Feb 23, 2017 7:44 am, edited 2 times in total.
FlyingFoxWink

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Splatoon2 Thoery - Why Marie's Depressed

Postby FlyingFoxWink » Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:27 am

Bump
FlyingFoxWink

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby FlyingFoxWink » Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:33 am

Bump
FlyingFoxWink

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby FlyingFoxWink » Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:11 am

Bump
FlyingFoxWink

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Nitro Indigo » Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:56 pm

I haven't really been keeping up with Switch news, but this theory is interesting. Maybe you could make a YouTube video of it?

Also, "theory" is misspelled in the thread's title.
Greetings, citizens of the internet! You can call me Nitro Indigo, and I want to be identified by what I do, not what I am. I like Pokémon, The Legend of Zelda, Klonoa, among other things. I also have a YouTube channel.
Nitro Indigo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Splatoon2 Theory - Why Marie's Depressed

Postby FlyingFoxWink » Wed Feb 22, 2017 6:47 am

I'm not the best with Youtube videos, I don't know how to edit vids.
It'd just be a recording of my voice.

And thanks, that was a typo :?
FlyingFoxWink

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Splatoon2 Theory - Why Marie's Depressed

Postby FlyingFoxWink » Wed Feb 22, 2017 2:13 pm