music discussion! - reviews, opinions, etc. [new rule!]

Games, Movies, TV, YouTube, Books and Music - discuss it all here!

Re: music discussion! - reviews, opinions, etc. [new rule!]

Postby ativanblues » Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:03 am

.Cherry Blossoms. wrote:
    im looking to get into other bands and artists. I really enjoy fall out boy, my chemical romance, panic! at the disco, pierce the veil, palaye royale, green day, all time low, bring me the horizon (new stuff) so if you could send over band suggestions (and song lists to start out) that would be wonderful c:

you might like mindless self indulgence or waterparks!! i don’t know much about either of those bands but look them up
you might also like blink-182, listen to enema of the state if you’re interested
arctic monkeys is another band you might dig, listen to AM
you might like muse as well? also?? weezer maybe

i’m bad at linking specific songs so just hit shuffle on spotify ngl
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
    liv - she/they - virgo - sXe
    hi im liv, i not on here much
    these days but feel free to
    say hi if u see me lurking....
    i like music, sonic, antiques,
    and classic literature (. ❛ ᴗ ❛.)

⋆。゚☁︎。⋆。 ゚☾ ゚。⋆ ⋆。゚☁︎。⋆。 ゚☾ ゚。♡‧
    ♫ pop out like a toast ✧ ♫ Image
    ————————————————
    ...,,...,,..my spotify
    ————————————————
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
ativanblues

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby passione » Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:06 am

daughtry is also a good rock band to get into. I don't really listen to a lot of bands but yeah blink-182 is great

Also, I've recently started listening to aerosmith and king crimson. If anyone has any song suggestions, that'd be great!
▉▉
▉▉
▉▉
▉▉
▉▉
▉▉
▉▉
▉▉
▉▉
▉▉
I WISH I COULD
I WISH I COULD
I WISH I COULD
I WISH I COULD

┌────────────────┐

yo. i'm xia. gone from cs but never
forgotten. find me on fr!

i like jjba, lunch club and bts.
suffering from jschlatt brainrot.

they/them pronouns please

└────────────────┘
LOVE MYSELF
LOVE MYSELF
LOVE MYSELF
LOVE MYSELF
▉▉
▉▉
▉▉
▉▉
▉▉
▉▉
▉▉
▉▉
▉▉
▉▉
passione

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby angelo » Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:13 am

insincerely. wrote:
.Cherry Blossoms. wrote:
    im looking to get into other bands and artists. I really enjoy fall out boy, my chemical romance, panic! at the disco, pierce the veil, palaye royale, green day, all time low, bring me the horizon (new stuff) so if you could send over band suggestions (and song lists to start out) that would be wonderful c:

you might like mindless self indulgence or waterparks!! i don’t know much about either of those bands but look them up
you might also like blink-182, listen to enema of the state if you’re interested
arctic monkeys is another band you might dig, listen to AM
you might like muse as well? also?? weezer maybe

i’m bad at linking specific songs so just hit shuffle on spotify ngl

hey man you should really be careful when recommending people mindless self indulgence because they're like,, really inappropriate and not for everyone but i personally love them, some other people might, some other people might not. i def recommend blink though. if you're gonna listen to blink then parking lot and dammit are good starting songs ! if you like heavier stuff then the misfits are awesome, and so are the ramones. but that's diving into more punk and less alternative, so if you don't like punk then my list is as followers: frank iero, gerard way, electric century, arctic monkeys, blink-182, andy black, foster the people, waterparks, the brobecks, i don't know how but they found me, and probably more that i can't remember
        lost in a world
    that doesn't exist
angelo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby horchata » Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:00 pm

insincerely. wrote:hippo campus is sO good but i’ve only listened to a little bit of their music
@ anyone who’s big on them - what are some good songs to start with?

suicide saturday, violet, way it goes are all really good to start with! (as they're the most popular) but i'd recommend listening to their most recent (and only) album through as everyone tends to have different faves (and their two ep's are also really good!! and may be better to start with as they're shorter, only like 4-6 songs each) but favourite song rn is baseball it's so funkyy,
    hope you like them!!
a gardener told me some plants move
───────
libra - hufflepuff - infp
forum game!

───────
but i could not believe it

horchata

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BananaSocks » Sun Nov 12, 2017 5:04 pm

horchata wrote:
insincerely. wrote:hippo campus is sO good but i’ve only listened to a little bit of their music
@ anyone who’s big on them - what are some good songs to start with?

suicide saturday, violet, way it goes are all really good to start with! (as they're the most popular) but i'd recommend listening to their most recent (and only) album through as everyone tends to have different faves (and their two ep's are also really good!! and may be better to start with as they're shorter, only like 4-6 songs each) but favourite song rn is baseball it's so funkyy,
    hope you like them!!

yes i loved landmark (i enjoyed boyish a lot)! and their recent singles warmglow i loved baseball. i started listening to hippo campus with way it goes so thats a great start! the halocline and little grace was pretty good too their songs always put me into a good mood

btw does anyone have any alternative/indie pop rock reccomendations? i'm currently listening to the temper trap, hippo campus,
    the 1975 and bad suns
    xxx
    xxx
    xxx
    xxx

im electric, a romantic cliché
    heather • löded diper fanatic
    im an art student, hoping to do
    something that i like. talk to me
    about film books music anything.
    i listen to a ton of rock and indie
    bands, if you like declan mckenna
    wolf alice nothing but thieves
    lorde the strokes florence + the
    machine we are friends, it is the
    law. uh i wish i had some fish
    discord [#6740] insta spotify
xxxxxx
BananaSocks

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby MeltiTheDragon » Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:07 am

.Cherry Blossoms. wrote:

VAMPS is a really cool band. Not The Vamps, VAMPS. The difference is one is a British pop boy band and the other is a Japanese rock band ; the latter is what I'm talking about. Their singer has one of the best voices in rock. And he's not bad looking either (sorry, got a crush on the singer). The band is vampire themed ; who doesn't love vampires. Here's a list, in order, of the top five songs to look at (in my opinion). But I encourage you to look beyond these. (Palaye Royale opened for them earlier this year I think)

• Sin in Justice (this is what got me into them, it's a collaboration between them and Apocalyptica)
  • Rise or Die
  • Vampire's Love (warning : might make you cry, `cause it made me cry as it's just too beautiful for this world)
  • Replay
  • Vampire Depression (probably their best)

There's also Queens of the Stone Age and Royal Blood. Really nice, old-school type bands. Their albums are best listened to in full.
    Best from QOTSA is either Songs for the Deaf or Villains, Royal Blood's best is their self titled album. Sleeping with Sirens is very much like Pierce the Veil ; must watch the video for Do It Now, Remember It Later to really appreciate them (their singer is on Palaye Royale's song Ma Cherie). Sum 41 is probably one of the best pop punk bands around, A Day to Remember is pretty cool too. I could literally list a couple dozen bands that I listen to that are just so awesome. If you want the full list, PM me. I listen to everything from Palaye Royale to Kasabian to Alice in Chains to Weird Al Yankovic to Arch Enemy. My youtube recommended section is perpetually confused.
Melti The Dragon
✚✚✚Autistic
✚✚✚Furry
✚✚✚Artist, Musician, Improv Comedian

If I've forgotten something, feel free to give me a little nudge!

I'm a Moderator for PS Adoptables! <3 Check them out! >>
Also, if you do decided to check it out, please consider noting I referred you!

Other Sites I'm On
{ Deviantart } ✚ { Furaffinity } ✚ { Toyhou.se }
{ Art Fight } ✚ { Refsheet } ✚ { Aywas }
Tracker Pages
{ Cascadeclan } ✚ { Sosna Gora } ✚ { Kingdom of Thorns }
{ Lucentclan } ✚ { Hlien Fuléao-anisth } ✚ { Sunset Bridge Business }

✚✚✚Formerly Known as Diamondshine101
    [C] - GreenGummies (sig art), sweathie (avatar)
MeltiTheDragon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby IHaveNoFandoms » Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:33 pm

favorite artist? why?: I can't choose between Passion Pit and Grimes. Passion Pit's vocalist uses a falsetto and with weird high pitched synth noises and Grimes normally has high pitched, ethereal vocals and either an energetic or melancholic sound (depends what point in time.)
all-time favorite song? why?: Genesis, by Grimes. I've just known this song for a while, and it has some nice sound to it that reminds me of my old home.
least favorite artist? why?: I can't name just one. Most mainstream music, like rap or pop for some reason. Maybe... Nicki Minaj? I don't know.
current favorite song? why?: I have a bajillion, but right now it's mostly To Kingdom Come by Passion Pit.
favorite album?: I can't name a favorite album. I have a lot of favorite songs, but I don't pay attention to what album it would be from.
favorite music news source?: I just look up stuff on Google. Not really a specific source. Mainly I just don't care.
favorite music platform?: As in what do I use to listen to music? I don't know what you mean by platform, but I guess the radio?
who have you seen live?: Actually, nobody! Not yet, at least. I am really scared to because one of my fave singers produces their music a lot, like with their voice to make it high, and the other uses a hiiiiigh falsetto, must probably damage their vocal cords. So I am afraid because what if they are bad live and I start to hate them?

(I edited this)
Last edited by IHaveNoFandoms on Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
IHaveNoFandoms

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby snakeman » Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:36 pm

I wanna gush about music I like again so it's time for another review I guess

This time I have a poll; it has 4 options and I'll link the albums on youtube if you wanna choose em. Even if you haven't heard any of them/don't like them, I'm an indecisive idiot so even if you pick a random one I'd be grateful for the help in making a decision for once <3

poll

The Albums:

HBS - In Deep Owl
Solo album by Soundgarden's bassist. Super chilled out,
I really wanna learn to play all these songs, I love them! Stone Pale and Collide are beautiful, and Loose Ends is another favourite.

Wellwater Conspiracy - Brotherhood Of Electric: Operational Directives
I reviewed Declaration Of Conformity a while ago, I love it as much as I love this record. Also pretty chill, but In Deep Owl is more chill than this- there are some louder songs here, like Van Vanishing and Compellor. Teen Lambchop is niiiiiiiice.

Queens Of The Stone Age - Songs For The Deaf
This album is a beast. My favourite QOTSA album c: Bigger and heavier than the above two, though Mosquito Song is pretty subdued. Go With The Flow and God Is In The Radio stick with me the most.

Slaves - Are You Satisfied?
Solid Gold Punk Rock Bangers. They said it themselves...
I don't listen to it as much as Take Control because I don't have mp3s of the album, but I think I like it better overall.
The Hunter is fun, and Cheer Up London and Live Like An Animal are really good too!
snakeman

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Palaye Royale » Fri Nov 24, 2017 1:32 pm

uhhhh what do you guys think about bringing small gifts (jewelry, paintings) to band members? I know they like them and will take them for sure, but has anyone given gifts to bands/how did you go about it?
Palaye Royale

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sxtxrn » Fri Nov 24, 2017 3:33 pm

@Palaye Royale
Well i'm assuming you're considering giving a gift to Payle's members (considering they're touring soon and you're obviously a fan)
Most artists love gifts! Personal or practical!
Keep in mind that tour buses get pretty crammed so i wouldnt get anything to large or insane but small practical or personal items work very well!
Like deodorant, shampoo, toothbrushes/and or paste.
But for paintings/jewelry artists tend to love that. Take as an example Remington's Harry Potter ring a fan gave him. Paintings/art tends to be a favorite thing artists receive so im all for it.
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

mikey | gay | he/they | astrophys major
hi, im rarely on here. i love to code

[ toyhouse ] ▼・ᴥ・▼ ⋆。°✩ [ trade me ]

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
sxtxrn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups