music discussion! - reviews, opinions, etc. [new rule!]

Games, Movies, TV, YouTube, Books and Music - discuss it all here!

Re: music discussion! - reviews, opinions, etc. [new rule!]

Postby sneeeeek » Thu Nov 02, 2017 1:54 am

---
Last edited by sneeeeek on Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
sneeeeek

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kalani. » Thu Nov 02, 2017 3:18 pm

favorite artist? why?: fall out boy, their lyrics have always spoken to me & everything they churn out is an absolute bop
    all-time favorite song? why?: 7 minutes in heaven (ativan halen) because it's my go to for pretty much every mood
    least favorite artist? why?: i don't really have one. as long as it's not really heavy, chances are i'll like it
    current favorite song? why?: champion. i could scream the words on repeat for days and never get tired
    favorite album?: folie a deux
    favorite music news source?: n/a
    favorite music platform?: spotify
    who have you seen live?: fall out boy, twenty one pilots, new politics, the pretty reckless, all time low, transviolet, tonight alive, stray from the path, wage war, northlane, diamond youth, headroom, citizen, feel like i'm missing some out u.u
kalani.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ativanblues » Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:21 am

kalani. wrote:
    favorite artist? why?: fall out boy, their lyrics have always spoken to me & everything they churn out is an absolute bop
    all-time favorite song? why?: 7 minutes in heaven (ativan halen) because it's my go to for pretty much every mood
    least favorite artist? why?: i don't really have one. as long as it's not really heavy, chances are i'll like it
    current favorite song? why?: champion. i could scream the words on repeat for days and never get tired
    favorite album?: folie a deux
    favorite music news source?: n/a
    favorite music platform?: spotify
    who have you seen live?: fall out boy, twenty one pilots, new politics, the pretty reckless, all time low, transviolet, tonight alive, stray from the path, wage war, northlane, diamond youth, headroom, citizen, feel like i'm missing some out u.u

hey !! i love seven minutes in heaven, that song means a lot to me.
however, champion isn't really my cup of tea. is alright, it just sounds a lot like centuries in my opinion
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
    liv - she/they - virgo - sXe
    hi im liv, i not on here much
    these days but feel free to
    say hi if u see me lurking....
    i like music, sonic, antiques,
    and classic literature (. ❛ ᴗ ❛.)

⋆。゚☁︎。⋆。 ゚☾ ゚。⋆ ⋆。゚☁︎。⋆。 ゚☾ ゚。♡‧
    ♫ pop out like a toast ✧ ♫ Image
    ————————————————
    ...,,...,,..my spotify
    ————————————————
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
ativanblues

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby angelo » Sat Nov 04, 2017 7:08 pm

hey y'all should really check out the brobecks or idkhbtfm because they're both super underrated and deserve so much love because the singer has such a nice voice and all their songs are such bops, i love 'em. solo work of dallon, the bassist of panic! at the disco started both these bands and sings in them so if you like p!atd you'll probably love the brobecks
        lost in a world
    that doesn't exist
angelo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby hiero » Sun Nov 05, 2017 12:08 am

Hey, I was curious how concerts really work. Next Friday, I'm going to the first concert I've ever had the opportunity of going to and I'm so very excited, but also nervous. My mother says that there are lots of bad people at concerts.. but we don't really get along so I think she's just trying to make me nervous. Just to be sure, I figured I would ask here.
Basically, what are concerts like? Do the crowds differ by the genre of music? (by this I mean.. do the amounts of bad people there) And if anyone's ever been to one, specifically the crowd at an Imagine Dragons concert?
Regardless, I am very excited! I can't wait to see what they're like live and to just get a feel for what concerts are like.
gaydrian#2665
hiero

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby king anji » Sun Nov 05, 2017 3:09 am

that's gay wrote:
      hey y'all should really check out the brobecks or idkhbtfm because they're both super underrated and deserve so much love because the singer has such a nice voice and all their songs are such bops, i love 'em. solo work of dallon, the bassist of panic! at the disco started both these bands and sings in them so if you like p!atd you'll probably love the brobecks

i hadn't heard of them 'till now, but i listened to their songs and i love them (": they deserve 100% of the love honestly
│░
│░
│░
│░
│░
┌────────────┐

king anji !! | ♀ | used to be sappho,
hey, im anji. i love good omens & queen.
i hang around forums occasionally so
feel free to pop in a message.
listography | spotify | link 3

└────────────┘
░│
░│
░│
░│
░│
king anji

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby angelo » Sun Nov 05, 2017 3:16 am

vták wrote:
that's gay wrote:

i hadn't heard of them 'till now, but i listened to their songs and i love them (": they deserve 100% of the love honestly

hell yeah dude i'm glad you like them !! listen to aeroplanes or second boys will be first choice by the brobecks if you haven't already, it's my personal favorite.

hmm i don't know if you're into band members and stuff haha but he's really funny and if you're interested in band members, i'd look up "dallon weekes vine compilation"
        lost in a world
    that doesn't exist
angelo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby king anji » Sun Nov 05, 2017 3:27 am

that's gay wrote:
vták wrote:
that's gay wrote:

hell yeah dude i'm glad you like them !! listen to aeroplanes or second boys will be first choice by the brobecks if you haven't already, it's my personal favorite.

hmm i don't know if you're into band members and stuff haha but he's really funny and if you're interested in band members, i'd look up "dallon weekes vine compilation"

i haven't listened to those yet, i'll def go take a look now! im currently listening to the violent things album, and i love small cuts. i am into band members, im band trash tbh.. i'll go take a look at that **
│░
│░
│░
│░
│░
┌────────────┐

king anji !! | ♀ | used to be sappho,
hey, im anji. i love good omens & queen.
i hang around forums occasionally so
feel free to pop in a message.
listography | spotify | link 3

└────────────┘
░│
░│
░│
░│
░│
king anji

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby snakeman » Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:35 am

Teliact wrote:Hey, I was curious how concerts really work. Next Friday, I'm going to the first concert I've ever had the opportunity of going to and I'm so very excited, but also nervous. My mother says that there are lots of bad people at concerts.. but we don't really get along so I think she's just trying to make me nervous. Just to be sure, I figured I would ask here.
Basically, what are concerts like? Do the crowds differ by the genre of music? (by this I mean.. do the amounts of bad people there) And if anyone's ever been to one, specifically the crowd at an Imagine Dragons concert?
Regardless, I am very excited! I can't wait to see what they're like live and to just get a feel for what concerts are like.

I've heard good and bad about crowds, sometimes people get trampled in crowds (see: Roskilde festival 2000, Riot Fest 2015- all I can think of off the top of my head, but I was basically there for one of them*) but I see stories like that much less than stories about people falling over in the pit and getting picked up and asked if they're alright by the toughest looking guys there. No idea what Imagine Dragons would be like, from what I've heard they don't seem to be the kind of band people would mosh to but it gets pretty hot in the pit anyway, even if there aren't that many people around. I've been to a gig in a bar before, I was close to the front and there were people moshing, I almost got thrown in a couple of times but I managed to keep myself out. Mind you, they were all super drunk... It was like 11pm when that band started playing, there had been like five bands playing before them and everyone got smashed pretty quickly q: I ended up going outside after every band finished despite all the people smoking, it got so damn hot in there xD I could have had a better experience with lighter bands a few weeks ago, Scouting For Girls was playing here and I was gonna go with my friend cause he wanted to go and couldn't get tickets (my mum bought two but decided not to go, what?) but we arsed up the date of the damn show and I still feel terrible about it!

* I was stalking a System Of A Down fanpage's chat box, where they were posting Periscope streams and videos they found of SOAD's shows that year. I watched as many as my shoddy internet allowed. I think I remember the "it's extremely awkward to sing when there are people who look like they're dying right in front of me" comment, and I the first stream I joined was during one of the times the band had to stop so the medics and security could get everyone out of the mud, which was really confusing; I wondered "jesus, they should have started ages ago", thinking they were delayed... Can't remember if anyone died, I don't think they did...? Roskilde, on the other hand: 9 people got trampled halfway through the band's set. They'd had some problems like it a few years before (I think it was the Randall's Island show in '96, the longest show they'd played for a while. I remember something about the "Mariah Carey barricade" from that boot) but nobody died. Roskilde totally shattered them though - I saw a clip of one of the guys crying on stage when he realised what happened - and I'm kinda glad I wasn't alive when it happened lmao
snakeman

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby MeltiTheDragon » Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:28 am

Teliact wrote:Hey, I was curious how concerts really work. Next Friday, I'm going to the first concert I've ever had the opportunity of going to and I'm so very excited, but also nervous. My mother says that there are lots of bad people at concerts.. but we don't really get along so I think she's just trying to make me nervous. Just to be sure, I figured I would ask here.

It really differs based on genre, and I'm not so sure how Imagine Dragons would be, but the best spot to be at a rock or metal concert is either the front against the barricade or farther back. Mosh pits tend to form in the middle of the crowd, so the very front and the very back are pretty safe. Be warned though ; regardless of the band you will smell like smoke, alcohol, sweat, and who knows what else. You will have to wash clothes well and discard the plastic ponchos if it was rainy (who knew plastic ponchos hold in smell so well). Here's a brief rundown of concerts I've been to and their crowds. Note, I live in the south. I don't really get winter where I am.

2014 1-day festival -- Large open field, varied rock/metal genres, insanely hot, well behind the crowd, no problems
    2015 1-day festival -- Large open field, varied rock/metal genres, insanely hot, well behind crowd, no problems
    2016 1-day mini festival -- Moderate sized parking lot, varied rock genres, insanely bitterly cold compared to normal, no problems except for the creepy guy walking up to our car while we were listening from there
    2016 2-day festival -- Large open field, varied rock genres, insanely hot, almost front row for one early band and had no problems, got within 10 feet of mosh pit for early (super heavy) band with no problems, tried to wander up close for headliner and almost got hurt even though I was nowhere near the mosh pit, once we moved back we were fine
    2016 summer concert -- Amphitheater, heavy metal, surprisingly not as hot as usual because it was shady, seat tickets not standing room tickets, no problems, had to move into aisle to see, tough guy gave me Marilyn Manson dollar and still recognizes me at concerts
    2016 fall concert -- Amphitheater, hard rock, nice weather, seat tickets not standing room tickets, people fought in front of me, no problems
    2016 halloween party -- Side street between nightclub and unknown building, hard rock, talked to a bunch of the band members because the VIP area had SIDE STAGE ACCESS, against barricade for top two acts, got a bunch of picks and a shirt from a radio station, almost got kicked by crowd surfing singer, friend was bruised from protecting people from crazy moshers, I was fine though
    2016 fall concert -- Tiny little club, hard rock, there was like maybe a hundred people there, got a bassist's pick and half a drumstick (it broke), against the stage with no problems at all.....aside the gas line explosion a few blocks down the street that caused a power outage and an evacuation for safety concerns that the fire would spread our way
    2017 2-day festival -- Large open field, insanely hot, varied rock genres, saw a bunch of people get heatstroke and one had a bloody face, well behind crowd, no problems with me or my family
    2017 fall concert -- Nightclub at the time I usually wake up in the morning (never wake me before 9 unless you have a death wish....or there's a concert), hard rock, VERY LOUD, against the front of the stage, no problems, shook hands with band members
    2017 halloween party -- The nightclub next to the location of 2016 halloween party because it was pouring rain and 60 degrees out (pneumonia weather as my parents like to say), acoustic sets of hard rock bands, terrible sound quality, super smoky, bunch of rowdy people, suprisingly we came out of that unscathed
Melti The Dragon
✚✚✚Autistic
✚✚✚Furry
✚✚✚Artist, Musician, Improv Comedian

If I've forgotten something, feel free to give me a little nudge!

I'm a Moderator for PS Adoptables! <3 Check them out! >>
Also, if you do decided to check it out, please consider noting I referred you!

Other Sites I'm On
{ Deviantart } ✚ { Furaffinity } ✚ { Toyhou.se }
{ Art Fight } ✚ { Refsheet } ✚ { Aywas }
Tracker Pages
{ Cascadeclan } ✚ { Sosna Gora } ✚ { Kingdom of Thorns }
{ Lucentclan } ✚ { Hlien Fuléao-anisth } ✚ { Sunset Bridge Business }

✚✚✚Formerly Known as Diamondshine101
    [C] - GreenGummies (sig art), sweathie (avatar)
MeltiTheDragon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me