music discussion! - reviews, opinions, etc. [new rule!]

Games, Movies, TV, YouTube, Books and Music - discuss it all here!

Re: music discussion! - reviews, opinions, etc.

Postby dib membrane » Sun Jan 08, 2017 6:01 am

favorite artist, and why; streetlight manifesto!! i dunno what exactly it is about them that makes me love their music so much tbh. i just love....well, all of it. every song from them sounds...full?? idk how to put it. there's so much going on at once and there's so much energy, it just makes me want to dance and sing until i pass out from exhaustion. plus the lyrics are really great too! i swear if you name basically any song from them i can probably sing the entire thing (including the instrumental part haha : P) since i've listened to them so much over the past few months. aaaaaaa i just,, love streetlight so m u c h-
favorite song, and why; either 'would you be impressed' or 'forty days' (which are both by streetlight manifesto oops-), i love both of them equally tbh. wybi was the first song i heard from streetlight and it's just....great idek. fd is amazing as well. i would elaborate but it's really difficult to explain why i like streetlight so much in the first place.......heck.
favorite lyric, and why; baSICALLY ANY LYRIC FROM 'SOMEWHERE IN THE BETWEEN' (also a streetlight song oml) IT'S JUST...SUCH A NICE SONG IN GENERAL AND THE LYRICS IN PARTICULAR MAKE ME SO HECKING HAPPY AND MOTIVATED. SERIOUSLY JUST LOOK UP THE LYRICS IF YOU HAVE TO THEY'RE GREAT-
favorite album, and why; fffFFFFFF THE SOMEWHERE IN THE BETWEEN ALBUM I'M SORRY I TRIED TO PICK SOMETHING NOT BY STREETLIGHT BUT I COULDN'T. I LOVE EVERY SINGLE SONG OFF OF THAT HECKING THING AND THEY'RE ALL AMAZING FFFFFFFFFFfFFfFF-
favorite genre; idk tbh. i like pretty much anything and everything except for country music. (i would say ska but streetlight's the only ska band i really like and technically it's more of a weird mixture of ska / punk / other stuff soo)
favorite music news source [if any]; n/a
least favorite artist, and why; i....don't really have a least favorite artist?? like i rarely find music i dislike and when i do i usually just stop listening to it and then immediately forget what it was called or who made it.
least favorite song, and why; ^^ what i said before applies here too.
favorite music service i usually use pandora, or just youtube if i'm lazy.
═════════════════════════════════════
][ hi, i'm dib!! i hope you have a wonderful day!! ][
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
= he/him - gay ace - minor - autistic - adhd =
══════════════════════════════
║ ----- my dms are always open! ----- ║
| !! - grey matter , grey matter - !! |

dib membrane

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby laura palmer. » Sun Jan 08, 2017 8:36 am

@flyingchainsaws
welcome to the group!!!
ive never listened to streetlight manifesto though, but now i really want to!! they sound awesome!! ill definitely put that on my list of artists to check out!!!
i looked up the lyrics to 'somewhere in the between' and omg i really like them. a lot lot.
definitely excited to listen to them!!

also @everyone
I'm planning on adding a page to the front with albums/songs/artists that have been reviewed, so when you review something, please rate it out of 10!! also, you can review something as many times as you want, even if someone else has already done it!! opinions really matter!!
thank you to everyone who has joined this fun group!! we are always open to new members!
have a good day everyone!
+if you have any suggestions for the group, let me know
laura palmer.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby talkshow boy » Sun Jan 08, 2017 9:35 am

favorite artist, and why; uumMM,,, really, i don't even know. there's too many to pick from. crucify me, but i could spend hours thinking and not be any closer to giving you an answer
favorite song, and why; ^^ same answer, honestly
favorite lyric, and why; the first that came to mind was "we're just two lost souls swimming in a fish bowl." it can mean something different to everyone, depending on how you see it. i appreciate that and it can make me think for a good while.
favorite album, and why; babel, by mumford & sons. i adore the... "mood" of the album and it has some of my favorite mumford & sons songs. it has a nice variety of songs as well. there's a nice mix of slow and upbeat songs.
favorite genre; rock
favorite music news source [if any]; n/a
least favorite artist, and why; i don't really have a least favorite artist, i don't pay much attention to whatever i don't like.
least favorite song, and why; ^^ same answer
favorite music service i normally use spotify
favorite platform? (records, cds, digital, etc.); cds
dont message me.
talkshow boy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby laura palmer. » Sun Jan 08, 2017 5:33 pm

@afterglow

welcome to the group!!!
i used to be super into mumford & sons! i really adore their first album. its really good!! they have pretty good lyrics as well!
i have not listened to them lately but I think I will!!
also im a huge pink floyd fan!
laura palmer.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Vincent Van Goat » Sun Jan 08, 2017 8:07 pm

@Alex Darke;; I've never listened to Requiem, I'll definitely listen to it, it sounds cool :D I like music with changes in dynamics throughout the song, so I think I'll like this one. :3 Thanks for the recommendation :)

@realjoshdun;; I've been listening a lot on Soundcloud too, though it's usually for Pokemon remixes, I also find some great classical stuff too. I also love calming music too, it helps me relax. I also respect your opinion on TOP too. :)

-------------------------------------------

@everyone that listens to classical;;

I think I'm in love with this song now, send help (it's so catchy).
ALL OF MY ADOPTION CENTERS AND GIVEAWAYS ARE CLOSED// INACTIVE
Vincent Van Goat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby laura palmer. » Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:05 am

gonna do another review yay
i feel like im the only one doing reviews ah someone else please review something

so, im gonna review the album the blankface lp by scHoolboy q. yes indeed, it is a rap album. the lyrics to this album are not clean, so listen at your own risk.
i personally, really like rap, so i very much enjoyed this album. the beats were quite nice and flowed well with q's voice. my favorite track off of the album is tHat part, and i almost have it all memorized eee. it has kanye west, who, unpopular opinion, i am a huge fan of, featured on it. (wow that sentence was a train wreck, can you even type today??)
anyways, i really like that song, and it was the first i had heard on the album. i also like how in some songs there are strong hints of BLM, which im a very big supporter of!! :)

my second favorite song from the album is probably joHn muir. i liked it very much. and yes im meaning to capitalize the H's, it's what scHoolboy q does.

my favorite line is 'beggars can't be choosers, this ain't chipotle'. idk why i just thought it was funny, and got a point across. it's from the song tHat part.

overall, id give it a 8/10 because their is unnecessarily strong language.

let me know if you've listened to it!! and be sure to review other albums/artists/songs!!
laura palmer.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby talkshow boy » Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:48 am

whooo okay, reviewing an album since i have time to kill.

i'll be reviewing aha shake heartbreak by kings of leon. there is strong language in some songs, as a warning.
i quite enjoyed the album, and it's rock so i'm already a bit biased. some of the songs tell a story, such as rememo. which just so happens to be one of my favorite songs on the album. caleb, the singer, uses a quite raspy voice that i'm a big fan of. it blends well with the guitar and vibe of every song. this specific album reminds me a bit of folk music. it's not a heavy or hard rock, much more relaxed. it's very refreshing to me, even if it's not new. however, caleb is often hard to understand due to how he sings. i can understand him, but it takes some getting used to.
i rate it a 9/10. mainly because of the trouble understanding the singer. otherwise, i absolutely adore aha shake heartbreak.
dont message me.
talkshow boy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Scripturient » Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:54 am

Heyoo guys^^ anyone a fan of lynrd Skynyrd here? I might review 'second helping' soon^^
ImageImage
Heyo, I'm Alex.
I love RPing and making up stories. I'm a musician, writer and artist...ah and a weirdo.
Feel free to PM me for any reasons, my in box is always open for everyone C:

If you ever see me running, follow me!
Either the zombies are attacking or there's chocolate around.
Scripturient

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby laura palmer. » Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:31 am

@alex darke
gosh, last time I listened to lynrd skynyrd was a long time ago,,\
my parents are huge fans
you should do a review!! it would be rad to hear what he's like these days
laura palmer.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Crescent Moon » Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:57 pm

Album Review
Okay! So on the 6th of this month, You Me At Six dropped an album titled Night People. I listened to it while doing my chemistry homework and I must say, this is a rather amazing album. I mean Josh's voice is absolutely amazing! It's always amazing, but this album just has something about it that emphasizes all the great things about it. Personally, I really enjoy the song Brand New on the album. The lyrics are wonderful and can move mountains in my opinion. A couple lines of the song read "And if your past calls, don't pick it up. It's got nothing new to say." and that's p great and I enjoy it very much. On a scale of one to ten on the over-all album I'm going to have to give it a 7 (:

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
𝐼𝓉'𝓈 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓁𝒾𝓉𝓉𝓁𝑒 𝓉𝒽𝒾𝓃𝑔𝓈 𝒾𝓃 𝓁𝒾𝒻𝑒.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
(っ◔◡◔)っ ♥ about me ♥
ℍ𝕖𝕪! 𝕀'𝕞 ℂ𝕣𝕖𝕤𝕔𝕖𝕟𝕥 𝕄𝕠𝕠𝕟,
𝕓𝕦𝕥 𝕛𝕦𝕤𝕥 𝕔𝕒𝕝𝕝 𝕞𝕖 ℂ𝕣𝕖𝕤𝕤
𝕀 𝕖𝕟𝕛𝕠𝕪 𝕨𝕒𝕥𝕔𝕙𝕚𝕟𝕘 ℕ𝕖𝕥𝕗𝕝𝕚𝕩, 𝕋𝕙𝕖
𝕍𝕒𝕞𝕡𝕚𝕣𝕖 𝔻𝕚𝕒𝕣𝕚𝕖𝕤, 𝕒𝕟𝕕 𝕞𝕒𝕜𝕖𝕦𝕡.

(っ◔◡◔)っ ♥ links ♥
𝕥𝕣𝕒𝕕𝕖 𝕞𝕖
𝕔𝕣𝕖𝕕𝕚𝕥

◅▻◅▻◅▻◅▻◅▻◅▻◅▻◅▻◅▻◅▻◅▻◅▻