music discussion! - reviews, opinions, etc. [new rule!]

Games, Movies, TV, YouTube, Books and Music - discuss it all here!

Re: music discussion! - reviews, opinions, etc. [new rule!]

Postby deoxyribonucleic » Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:37 pm

yo weba!! glad to see u !! + could u update mine? its been a hot minute lol

favorite artist (& why): nct.. they mean a lot to me?? i guess to me theyre more than just a group, like. stanning them is kind of my passion in a way. i love learning about other people's lives and idols are a good way to get me invested and distracted from stuff that stresses me out. and nct has 21 whole people to stan and care about.
all-time favorite song? (& why): god, idk if i have one? probably green day's jesus of suburbia, it has stuck to me since i was 9 years old. but vroom vroom by exo-cbx means a lot to me too.
least favorite artist? (& why): mm probably ariana grande she's wilding rn lmao i don't stan
current favorite song?: error by vixx, or maybe 2nd grade by bts. i also like wayv(nct's chinese line)'s regular.
favorite album?: nct 2018 empathy tbh. has such bops. boss and baby don't stop are stellar.
favorite platform? (spotify, vinyl, etc): i used to use apple music and i honestly prefer it but im so broke so im just using my .99$ 3 months of spotify premium rn lmao
who have you see live?: still only green day and train, but i'm possibly going to kcon ny so i'll be seeing a lot of people if i go there!
moonwalkin'
noelle | she/her
───── ♤ ─────
you, too, deserve love
deoxyribonucleic

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby laura palmer. » Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:42 am

im gonna review a show i went to recently!

ASAP ROCKY INJURED GENERATION TOUR
ok so even tho none!! of the openers showed up,
the show was still absolute insanity. i managed 2
sneak up to barricade, and it was jus crazy that
i was that close to someone i love so so so!!
much. tony tone sounded so good, and so
did kids turned out fine. the set was also
so cool & creative. the testing cars hung from the
ceiling & rocky would stand on them as they went
up & down. overall, id give it a 10/10, worth the
bruised ribs i got from the crowd hahah
laura palmer.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby burnstile » Sat Feb 16, 2019 4:55 pm

favorite artist (& why):
      jessica harper. her music makes me feel so happy and her voice makes me melt. i first learned about her from her acting, and now im obsessed with her music <3
    all-time favorite song? (& why):
      special to me ;; phantom of the paradise (yes sung by jessica harper lol). it makes me feel so nice, so happy and the first few times i listened to it i broke down. its the first song ive ever done a cover of!
    least favorite artist? (& why):
      bts. they have done so many... questionable things and i think their music is mediocre at best. it doesnt help i already have a big distaste for kpop because of my friends.
    current favorite song?:
      four boys named jordan ;; jessica harper
    favorite album?:
      hey, picasso ;; jessica harper
    favorite platform?:
      spotify or youtube
    who have you see live?:
      no, and unfortunately probably never will. i live in a very unpopulated state, and all the bands/singers i would want to head live are too old to do it or are disbanded.
burnstile

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby coopie » Sun Feb 17, 2019 5:53 am

favorite artist (& why):
My absolute favorite band is Panic! at the disco for many many reasons.
I mean for one they have such a varied discography and inclusive sound, of the six studio albums out and the two live shows each one has its own aesthetic and you feel the emotion and power
But what really drew me to them was the members and their stories
theyve lived such interesting lives and they have delt with struggles that are traditionally not spoken about honestly
You feel a sort of acceptance
ESSPECIALLY if youre a member of the lgbtq+ community
I bawled my eyes out during the pride demostration that theyve put on at EVERY SHOW SINCE 2014
google girls/girls/boys live
It was pretty much the reason I came out
im tearing up why
I would 110% suggest listening to them.

all-time favorite song? (& why): hO boi
I- there are so many
Id have to say either build god then we´ll talk/hurricane/ or la devotee
I have a legit reason for these songs though
build god then we´ll talk- my introduction to the dark whimsical aesthetic that is A Fever You Cant Sweat Out
hurricane- it screams the alienation of a child who lives for the party life and its the first song I heard from my current favorite album Vices and Virtues
la devotee- such a bop, it makes me nostalgic for people ive lost

least favorite artist? (& why): null actually
I belive that its not my place to dislike whats literally my outside perception of them
but r-kelly is a horrible man so him

current favorite song?: Time to dance live in chicago or northern downpour (theyre both acoustic and make me cry)

favorite album?: VICES AND VIRTUES MY DOOD

favorite platform? (spotify, vinyl, etc): I prefer either apple music or vinyl (I have a record collection so biased lmao)

who have you see live?:
So I saw macklemore (& ryan lewis) in 2016 (im not a fan but hey I went)
P!atd august third 2018 (I cried v hard, my heart was blue, hayley kioko(?)opened for them/lesbian jesus)
P!atd febuary eighth 2019 (wept so hard, made eye contact w brendon I hope,yellow heart, two feet and betty who opened,amazing set)
Im seeing twenty one pilots june twenty third 2019

im also a huge fan of
fob
idkhow
paramore
mcr
yungblud
Image| cooper | [she/him] | ar 56 NA Image

coopie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby horchata » Sat Mar 02, 2019 1:40 am

i last did this in 2017 haha

favorite artist (& why):
the strokes, vampire weekend, kanye west are my top because they're all just so musically talented - also love cage the elephant, tyler, the creator, a$ap rocky, brockhampton, radiohead, frank ocean, glass animals, travis scott, nirvana, kendrick lamar, neutral milk hotel, arctic monkeys to name some haha
all-time favorite song? (& why):
there, there by radiohead (just a beautiful song), hey ya! by outkast (really catchy), you only live once by the strokes (nostalgic and good)
least favorite artist? (& why):
don't really have a least favourite, more just artists i really prefer not to listen to like quite a few trap rappers, a lot of rlly popular artists (like the ones that are usually on the spotify charts haha) and yeah idk... bring me the horizon-type bands
current favorite song?:
foreword by tyler, the creator, karma police by radiohead, ivy by frank ocean idk haha
favorite album?:
first impressions of earth by the strokes, flower boy by tyler, the creator, in the aeroplane over the sea by neutral milk hotel, nevermind by nirvana, blonde by frank ocean, to pimp a butterfly by kendrick lamar, melophobia by cage the elephant, contra by vampire weekend idk i have a lottt
favorite platform? (spotify, vinyl, etc):
spotify or i like cd's
who have you see live?:
eddie vedder (solo)
acdc w the hives as opener
foo fighters w weezer as opener (best concert by far)
a gardener told me some plants move
───────
libra - hufflepuff - infp
forum game!

───────
but i could not believe it

horchata

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Atheon » Sun Mar 03, 2019 9:45 pm

favorite artist (& why): Inferi. They're the reason I discovered techdeath. Their guitars + vocals sound great too, and are unique compared to a lot of bands in the same genre.
all-time favorite song? (& why): Involuntary Doppleganger - Archspire. It's impressive. I admire the drummer.
least favorite artist? (& why): Anything kpop. I can't get into it, not my kind of thing.
current favorite song?: Radiance in the Light of a Dying Sun - Angelmaker
favorite album?: The Path of Apotheosis - Inferi
favorite platform? (spotify, vinyl, etc): Spotify
who have you see live?: I Prevail and Starset
They/he. I like video games and music. Straight edge.
carrd
Atheon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BananaSocks » Tue Mar 05, 2019 1:58 am

ive done this like 2 years ago but i guess ill do it again

favorite artist (& why)
    nothing but thieves, their songs are always so emotive, i feel like im being transported
    somewhere. not to mention they're amazing live, conor has amazing vocals. theyre one
    of the bands in which i can really sort of get lost in their music

declan mckenna has a really unique sound, theyre kind of psychedelic and i vibe with his style

all-time favorite song? (& why)
    if i get high, nothing but thieves
    im not sure how to explain it, but this song makes me contemplate a lot. probably listened to this
    song 192131098876635 times and ive never gotten sick of just lying in bed staring at the ceiling and listening to it

also 1979 by the smashing pumpkins
    because it makes me feel nostalgic for no damn reason

least favorite artist? (& why)
    i just dont listen to them but i really cant get into anne marie and kpop

current favorite song?
    pulling leaves off trees - wallows
    alibis - marianas trench

favorite album?
    uhhh i guess
    pure heroine - lorde
    what do you think about the car - declan mckenna

favorite platform? (spotify, vinyl, etc) spotify

who have you see live?
    none of my favourite artists have ever come to my city so ive only seen local artists
    i saw shye at my local music festival held by our city's art school and she was pretty good so
    xxx
    xxx
    xxx
    xxx

im electric, a romantic cliché
    heather • löded diper fanatic
    im an art student, hoping to do
    something that i like. talk to me
    about film books music anything.
    i listen to a ton of rock and indie
    bands, if you like declan mckenna
    wolf alice nothing but thieves
    lorde the strokes florence + the
    machine we are friends, it is the
    law. uh i wish i had some fish
    discord [#6740] insta spotify
xxxxxx
BananaSocks

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Atheon » Fri Mar 08, 2019 9:17 pm

album review tiiiime

Equipoise just released a new album today (March 8th for official streaming) and tbh.. I have some thoughts.

Album: Demiurgis
Artist: Equipoise
Genre: Technical Death Metal
Tracks: 14

Illborn Augury; 7/10
The intro to this album isn't the worst I've heard, but it could be better. There isn't much depth to it, however it is still enjoyable. I wish the song was more technical in the sense of using different patterns and rhythm. It sounds like one of those random shreds in the middle of a thrash song, one which no one expected. Overall, decent song, but I wish it was more like the intro to The Path of Apotheosis by Inferi.

Sovereign Sacrifices; 8.3/10
Beginning of the song is slightly weaker than what I'd want. But the acoustic + bass riff soon after the song starts sounds great. It picks up from there and gets much better (and faster). There isn't much of an outro to this one, it just ends quite quickly. I love the riff of the song, I just wish it was played more and wasn't such a short riff. This is one of the few songs where the bass is less noticable, and the rest of the guitars is louder.

Alchemic Web of Deceit; 10/10
My favorite song of this album! (And onr of the first Equipoise songs I've ever heard) In my opinion, the beginning of this song is much stronger and more powerful compared to the entirety of Illborn Augury. It's very reminiscent of Inferi's Those Who from the Heavens Came, both of the bands being signed under the same label. I find that there is a lot of buildup and interludes, not much of your typical loud and progressive techdeath. The bass is very loud in this one, but it's not overwhelming to my ears. To someone who's not a fan of Obscura or fretless bass in general, this may not be the song for you.

A Suit of My Flesh; 8.9/10
A Suit of My Flesh starts off quite dark, but picks up a minute in. It's one of the more djent-y and groovy songs, and has more raw vocals, ones which would probably be found in deathcore. The rhythm is well thought out, and around the 3 minute mark, starts to get even groovier. It doesn't sound like typical groove metal, and I probably wouldn't like it as much if it did.

Shrouded; 8.2/10
The first interlude, I'd say. There's not much to it, it's quiet, reminds me of music I'd hear at the local grocery store, and easy to listen to. Probably the most danceable to. The bass is relatively quiet and absent for some of the song. The rest is just an acoustic guitar solo.

Sigil Insidious; 8/10
Starts off very fast, and doesn't slow down for a while. It sounds light compared to the others, no low tone chords being used. It's also somewhat djent-y with the riff, but not as much as some prog bands. The riff is played out very short. It's not something I'd compare to Walk by Pantera, more of Slayer's Raining Blood. Halfway through, it does start to slow down and proceeds to less of pure shredding and more of technical and well thought out playing. Soon it does start to pick up again, and the riff plays out several more times before ending abruptly.

Reincarnated; 8.7/10
The beginning is very slow, and the bass isn't present for a while. It has a similar feeling to Rings of Saturn's Unhallowed, just quite a bit longer. Piano is very noticable halfway in, which is what I think makes this band unique. Not many other techdeath bands incorporate piano, if any. The ending slows down at a good pace. It's not too slow, and not too fast. There are no vocals, but this song is longer compared to other techdeath interludes.

Dualis Flamel; 10/10
I'd never in my life heard a song like this. It's interesting and special to me. The intro starts off fast, and once again reminds me of Inferi. There's a lot of various shreds and solos, all of which are by 7 people (omg????). It's easy to listen to, especially if you're a fan of simply amazing guitars. 5 minutes in, the song gets even better. The vocals match so nicely with the rest of the song, and it's my favorite part. When I first heard this, I was absolutely stunned. When the vocals shift a pitch, so do the guitars and bass. During the end, there's a lot of triple drum beats and the piano returns. I can't put into words how awesome this one is. I can tell there was a lot of time and effort during the making.

Eve of the Promised Day; 7/10
This song is alright. It's too slow for my liking, even though the pace changes a lot. It's not very technical either. It sounds more of just a regular prog metal song, no death influence. I think some vocals would go well with this one.

Waking Divinity; 8.6/10
I found this band through this song, although it isn't my absolute favorite. It picks up fast halfway, and the riff is longer than several other songs. It matches the vocals also, which makes it even better. I'm not the biggest fan of the shred solo in the middle, as it's too slow for my taste. The vocals go very well with the song. It's probably my favorite part of listening to it, it's just so easy to sing along to. The last few notes at the end are a nice touch.

Ecliptic; 8.5/10
Another interlude? You guessed it! This is much darker and symphonic than the others, not something I'd expect from a death metal band. It sounds almost like it belongs in a spooky part of a popular RPG like OneShot or Undertale? It sounds amazing nonetheless. I love the spookiness of it. Not sure about how bluntly it ends, though.

Squall of Souls; 8/10
Just like the last song, the beginning does sound ominous. Does start to get groovy and nicely paced. Fun to listen to if you're bored and want some djent. There's not much variety to this one, but of course there is piano! And raw vocals to go along with the piano solo. The part after is meh, it sounds a little sloppy. Kinda like Equipoise tried to add more djent, but it doesn't sound like it should. The part after also sounds like it should be in a video game. After is probably one of the best mid-song drumrolls I've ever heard. Starts to get quiet after, followed by clean vocals. Not bad.

Cast into Exile; 7.7/10
Drums sound top quality here, not so much for the bass. Again, the guitars go great with the vocals. Could be one of my favorite things about Equipoise, they make vocals work amazing. A couple minutes in, there's more shredding, and another short drumroll. 10/10 would listen to the drumroll again. In the end, there's some piano and slowish drums. Not much to say about this song, even though it's a whole 8 minutes. I wish it was more technical and the notes weren't so drawn out. I noticed that in this one, it sounded sort of like the instruments didn't go together very much. Not sure how.

Ouroboric; 6.8/10
Ouroboric is the last song off Demiurgis, and definitely has the best name. Piano is apparent in the beginning, and the guitars start off slow and kind of dark. It sounds too shreddy to me, I wish there would either be less or it was just faster and more Rings of Saturn style. I can't say much about this one either, it's simple and includes no vocals. The darker guitars in the middle do sound cool, but there's nothing else that's notable. It doesn't sound like the final song of the album either.

Overall Rating: 8.5/10
There were several beautiful songs I love a lot, but the others don't do much for me. I admit, I expected more when I heard the first few songs that Equipoise's record label released. The bass is suuuper loud. Never in my life have I heard bass being this incredibly loud. I still believe this is a great album for anyone who wants to get into heavier metal and stray further from metalcore bands. I also recommend this to people who are fans of Inferi, Obscura, and techdeath in general. If you like super fast paced songs (Archspire...), then this might not be the album for you.

full album stream if anyone wants to check it out
They/he. I like video games and music. Straight edge.
carrd
Atheon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sinewuui » Sat Mar 09, 2019 6:00 pm

AND NOW BACK TO... FIWEE'S A LAZY TYPER! VOLUME 26723631763816831

favorite artist (& why): both iglooghost and blank banshee, they're both pretty unusual and shaped my music taste for the long run
all-time favorite song? (& why): don't have one... they're all too good lol
least favorite artist? (& why): not entirely sure, but mumble rap and dubstep are really big pet peeves when it comes to genres
current favorite song?: my machine by blank banshee (who doesn't like that song tho)
favorite album?: oOOf uhh... i gotta few... neo wax bloom (gloo), MEGA (blank banshee), product (sophie) and so on...
favorite platform? (spotify, vinyl, etc): i like cds, but youtube is pretty good in my opinion (and bandcamp)
who have you see live?:because im broke, i've only seen calexico live (they're a local band that i really like)

⇢ ˗ˏˋWHAT YOU LACK... IS THIS! ♡

juno/ulysses - they/it - certified cs "veteran"
every now and then i return to this lawless wasteland of a website out of
curiosity hi everyone. i make arts and stuff. check out my toyhouse. i like dmc,
suda51 games and mgs. that's all you need to know.
sinewuui

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby wattson » Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:56 pm

hi c: i'm just going to update this because things have changed. also, i'm still listed as fall away on the front page if you want to look at my previous form.

favorite artist (& why): i have a few;
lil peep, gus is a favorite of mine because his lyrics are insanely relatable to me.
5 seconds of summer, 5sos have always had a place in my heart. luke, cal, mike, and
ash all have beautiful voices and a ton of talent.
harry styles, i love h with all my heart. his music is insanely good. everything about
him is so good.
all-time favorite song? (& why): love it if we made it - the 1975. the lyrics just speak
to me. this song inspires me for so many reasons to fight for what i believe in.
least favorite artist? (& why): i don't really have one.
current favorite song?: NO FUN - joji
favorite album?: youngblood - 5sos / self titled - the 1975
favorite platform? (spotify, vinyl, etc): vinyl and spotify
who have you see live?: demi lovato, selena gomez, niall horan, panic! at the disco
wattson

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me