music discussion! - reviews, opinions, etc. [new rule!]

Games, Movies, TV, YouTube, Books and Music - discuss it all here!

Re: music discussion! - reviews, opinions, etc. [new rule!]

Postby wattson » Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:55 am

Lochtr wrote:I have a weirdly diverse music taste so it's always hard to answer people when they ask me what kind of music I listen to. Anyone else?

me too
wattson

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby MeltiTheDragon » Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:27 am

fall away wrote:
Lochtr wrote:I have a weirdly diverse music taste so it's always hard to answer people when they ask me what kind of music I listen to. Anyone else?

me too

Me too! :3 I may love rock and metal more than anything but half my favorite songs are anything but those two genres.
Melti The Dragon
✚✚✚Autistic
✚✚✚Furry
✚✚✚Artist, Musician, Improv Comedian

If I've forgotten something, feel free to give me a little nudge!

I'm a Moderator for PS Adoptables! <3 Check them out! >>
Also, if you do decided to check it out, please consider noting I referred you!

Other Sites I'm On
{ Deviantart } ✚ { Furaffinity } ✚ { Toyhou.se }
{ Art Fight } ✚ { Refsheet } ✚ { Aywas }
Tracker Pages
{ Cascadeclan } ✚ { Sosna Gora } ✚ { Kingdom of Thorns }
{ Lucentclan } ✚ { Hlien Fuléao-anisth } ✚ { Sunset Bridge Business }

✚✚✚Formerly Known as Diamondshine101
    [C] - GreenGummies (sig art), sweathie (avatar)
MeltiTheDragon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby snakeman » Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:51 am

Diamondshine101 wrote:
fall away wrote:

me too

Me too! :3 I may love rock and metal more than anything but half my favorite songs are anything but those two genres.

I don't get how anyone could limit thenselves to one or two genres... Well, except for my take in genres, which is "I like it" and "I don't like it"
lmao
snakeman

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby wittebane » Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:10 pm

(apparently you can only embed three quotes in each other so i guess i get no quotes!! all or nothing!!)
    i have a friend (hi, if ur reading this) who pretty much exclusively listens to metal and try as i might, i... don't get it. i listen to and appreciate all kinds of music and i would not want to restrict myself to just a genre or two when there's so much amazing music out there.
    but i'm with you superunknown, those are the only genres that matter!!!
ellie | adult | she/they/he | pisces
corn demon | adoption center Image
wittebane

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby angelo » Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:17 pm

Diamondshine101 wrote:
fall away wrote:

me too

haha liking punk, k-pop, rap
      and metal at the same
      time is difficult; i always
      struggle to tell people
      what my favorite genre is.
        lost in a world
    that doesn't exist
angelo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ativanblues » Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:25 pm

ok but "i was born in the wrong generation" kids bother me so much??? music shouldn't be restricted to a certain era of people, it's all art and it's all equal. sure, maybe during one decade there's a genre that dominates. but that doesn't mean that those types of artists/bands don't exist in other decades?? metal, for example. there are still metal bands around in 2017 - and there are definitely new ones. you just gotta look hard enough to find one. geeez
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
    liv - she/they - virgo - sXe
    hi im liv, i not on here much
    these days but feel free to
    say hi if u see me lurking....
    i like music, sonic, antiques,
    and classic literature (. ❛ ᴗ ❛.)

⋆。゚☁︎。⋆。 ゚☾ ゚。⋆ ⋆。゚☁︎。⋆。 ゚☾ ゚。♡‧
    ♫ pop out like a toast ✧ ♫ Image
    ————————————————
    ...,,...,,..my spotify
    ————————————————
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
ativanblues

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby passione » Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:27 pm

favorite artist? why?: Daughtry. It has been for a while. I've fallen in love with the instrumentals alongside lyrics and the meaning behind them.
      all-time favorite song? why?: in the end, I'm always a sucker for surrender the night by my chemical romance. The lyrics always punch me in the face and the instrumentals make me cry. No other reason other than the fact that nostalgia really comes into play when I listen to it.
      least favorite artist? why?: does jake paul even count as an artist? I mean... He releases crappy rap songs so I guess. If he doesn't count, I don't really have a least favourite artist. Although, I'm very sorry for saying this, but I get very slightly irritated when I hear prince on the radio. I just highly dislike that style and apparently... People trash me for having an opinion. He's a well respected dude, but his music is just not my thing.
      current favorite song? why?: bloody stream by coda, tied with chase by batta. They're both opening songs for jojo's bizarre adventure which I'm currently very obsessed with. I just get really caught up in my own feelings when I hear both those songs, even if I can only understand them to an extent since they're in Japanese. Makes me remember the characters that have died and will die. I miss Caesar so much.
      favorite album?: o lord this will be difficult. Leave this town by daughtry, or vices and virtues by panic! at the disco. I also really like the bends by radiohead.
      favorite music news source?: kerrang? I don't really follow news sources
      favorite music platform?: soundcloud
      who have you seen live?: sadly, no one.
▉▉
▉▉
▉▉
▉▉
▉▉
▉▉
▉▉
▉▉
▉▉
▉▉
I WISH I COULD
I WISH I COULD
I WISH I COULD
I WISH I COULD

┌────────────────┐

yo. i'm xia. gone from cs but never
forgotten. find me on fr!

i like jjba, lunch club and bts.
suffering from jschlatt brainrot.

they/them pronouns please

└────────────────┘
LOVE MYSELF
LOVE MYSELF
LOVE MYSELF
LOVE MYSELF
▉▉
▉▉
▉▉
▉▉
▉▉
▉▉
▉▉
▉▉
▉▉
▉▉
passione

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby orion. » Sat Oct 21, 2017 2:22 am

chirothropy wrote:ok but "i was born in the wrong generation" kids bother me so much??? music shouldn't be restricted to a certain era of people, it's all art and it's all equal. sure, maybe during one decade there's a genre that dominates. but that doesn't mean that those types of artists/bands don't exist in other decades?? metal, for example. there are still metal bands around in 2017 - and there are definitely new ones. you just gotta look hard enough to find one. geeez

On one level, I agree with you. If you're willing to look
beyond just the top 100 you'll certainly find an indie
band in any genre. However, people should be allowed
to feel like they were "born in the wrong generation".
I for instance would've given a lot to see Pink Floyd
perform live in concert back when half of them weren't
dead and they were still a "band". Or I'd love to go to
Woodstock in '69.

Complaining because "music was better back then" is
unnecessary, because the music still exists and there's
a lot of good new music out there too of you just look,
but on the other hand you won't ever get to see some
of your favourite bands live, which is definitely a though
you're allowed to be sad about.
Image Image
✣ ⋆ ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━ ⋆ ✣
Image Image Image Image
✣ ⋆ ━━│ ᴍʏ ғʟɪɢʜᴛ ʀɪsɪɴɢ │━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━ ⋆ ✣
orion.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby snakeman » Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:18 pm

orion. wrote:
chirothropy wrote:ok but "i was born in the wrong generation" kids bother me so much??? music shouldn't be restricted to a certain era of people, it's all art and it's all equal. sure, maybe during one decade there's a genre that dominates. but that doesn't mean that those types of artists/bands don't exist in other decades?? metal, for example. there are still metal bands around in 2017 - and there are definitely new ones. you just gotta look hard enough to find one. geeez

On one level, I agree with you. If you're willing to look
beyond just the top 100 you'll certainly find an indie
band in any genre. However, people should be allowed
to feel like they were "born in the wrong generation".
I for instance would've given a lot to see Pink Floyd
perform live in concert back when half of them weren't
dead and they were still a "band". Or I'd love to go to
Woodstock in '69.

Complaining because "music was better back then" is
unnecessary, because the music still exists and there's
a lot of good new music out there too of you just look,
but on the other hand you won't ever get to see some
of your favourite bands live
, which is definitely a though
you're allowed to be sad about.

The live thing is what gets me the most. I like some newer bands (Slaves mainly) but most of them are getting a bit older now. I love watching/listening to bootlegs of old shows and hearing how the songs can take on a totally different dynamic when played live (see this; studio vs live) but it's kinda saddening to think that "oh... this show happened nearly 20 years ago now" and that you won't be able to experience those amazing shows for yourself. I lurk on a Pearl Jam fansite and they say a lot of weird stuff sometimes but the general consensus seems to be that they're basically just a "dad rock" band at this point and a heck of a lot of the people that go to their shows are only there to tick "rare" songs off a bingo card and wave it around in other people's faces, like "hey, I saw them play Bugs, I'm a better fan than you are".
And then there's Soundgarden, of course... No way in hell that's happening unless something massive happens, like a Hall Of Fame induction or a tribute or something like Audioslave did. And even then what would they do? Play with no vocalist? Attempt to find someone who could come somewhere vaguely close to Chris' range? Play Half (but what other songs?)? Decline to play at all? Maybe I'm rambling too deep into it. I guess I'll have to just stick to 90s boots...

To end on a lighter note, I'm wondering if I should review another album or not... I've been loving the hell out of the second Wellwater Conspiracy album lately but I do want to have some variety in the stuff I ramble about whoops
snakeman

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby horchata » Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:20 am

Superunknown wrote:
The live thing is what gets me the most. I like some newer bands (Slaves mainly) but most of them are getting a bit older now. I love watching/listening to bootlegs of old shows and hearing how the songs can take on a totally different dynamic when played live (see this; studio vs live) but it's kinda saddening to think that "oh... this show happened nearly 20 years ago now" and that you won't be able to experience those amazing shows for yourself. I lurk on a Pearl Jam fansite and they say a lot of weird stuff sometimes but the general consensus seems to be that they're basically just a "dad rock" band at this point and a heck of a lot of the people that go to their shows are only there to tick "rare" songs off a bingo card and wave it around in other people's faces, like "hey, I saw them play Bugs, I'm a better fan than you are".
And then there's Soundgarden, of course... No way in hell that's happening unless something massive happens, like a Hall Of Fame induction or a tribute or something like Audioslave did. And even then what would they do? Play with no vocalist? Attempt to find someone who could come somewhere vaguely close to Chris' range? Play Half (but what other songs?)? Decline to play at all? Maybe I'm rambling too deep into it. I guess I'll have to just stick to 90s boots...

yeah i totally agree with you, i get how "i was born in the wrong generation" can be annoying but i really wish i was older when my favourite bands released their debut (!!!) or most popular albums and they were really well-known?? it's kinda hard to find someone (who i know irl) who likes the strokes nowadays

i saw eddie vedder a few years ago but it was a solo thing (i think i would've preferred to see pearl jam) but i don't think they're really slowing down at all (though yeah i can see how they might be "dad rock" considering i started liking them through my dad lmao)

and in regards to soundgarden i feel the same way about linkin park (really wish i went and saw them before chester passed haha)
    but he's probably more replacable aka mike shinoda... maybe they could get someone who inspired chris cornell? like robert plant or something (even though that's a super long shot), i'm sure there are options
a gardener told me some plants move
───────
libra - hufflepuff - infp
forum game!

───────
but i could not believe it

horchata

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes