░▒▓▌Pixel Petz (iOS/Android)▐▓▒░ » Now Available!

Games, Movies, TV, YouTube, Books and Music - discuss it all here!

Re: Rainbowtail - US release tomorrow

Postby sketchi » Thu Sep 28, 2017 4:30 pm

tomorrow, it will be released publicly in english, for both platforms. this is a new version of RT, which should not overwrite legacy RT (which is now retired, but if you have it on your phone you'll still be able to play it). in this version you can actually restore the rainbow and finish the story, plus all gemlings will animate (psst try poking them on their profile)!

we've learned a LOT from making our first game, this has been a huge ambitious project and we thank everyone for playing and giving us feedback! we admit, this game was a lot bigger than anticipated, in terms of workload and upkeep. many things learned, lots of fun, and something we're quite proud of (except for all those vicious bugs!), but for now we plan to focus on smaller games this year, which will aim to be fun and fresh to change things up. hope you'll give our new games a try (one planned for october, very busy in production now)!
sketchi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby PrincessAlexis » Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:44 pm

Yes! I am so excited to see I am going to be able to play this! I've got an Android phone and I'm going to be back to the US in about a week! The characters are so cute and the art style is similar to Pokemon, especially the people. This game looks like so much fun. Your team all did a really wonderful job =) I can't wait to see what the other games will be. ^.^

Egyptian Razorbacks!
NEW Artist Search ☆ Temporary Hiatus ☆ Our Discord!

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageCheck Out My Characters! =)

☆ ☆ ☆ ImageImage Image☆ ☆ ☆

I'm looking for an artist to design a ribbon / rosette base for the Egyptian Razorbacks closed-species competitions. Willing to pay well depending on your skill level. Please PM me with examples of your work.
PrincessAlexis

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Elwine » Fri Sep 29, 2017 1:13 am

Will this game be getting more levels once the story line is complete? Or is that it? I wasgoing to buy a pack from the store but if there is no more levels after i might not.
=Kitty= is my daughter
We share a lot of devices
Elwine

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Crossflare » Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:40 am

Honestly I'm waiting for the release to be honest i don't much care for legacy version as I never played it. So it won't matter that i'm playing the non legacy version. Actually i was looking forward to the new version release cause this game is something I've been looking forward too since I first heard it was a thing.
Crossflare

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby AuraDragoness » Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:21 am

sketchi wrote:tomorrow, it will be released publicly in english, for both platforms. this is a new version of RT, which should not overwrite legacy RT (which is now retired, but if you have it on your phone you'll still be able to play it).

What about if we have it on an ipad? Does that one get overwritten or no?
🐦 ♥ Rest in peace my sweet little Rainbow ♥ 🐦
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
AuraDragoness

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sketchi » Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:44 pm

Elwine wrote:Will this game be getting more levels once the story line is complete? Or is that it? I wasgoing to buy a pack from the store but if there is no more levels after i might not.

which version? the new one?
quite honestly we'll have to see, but we did have plans to keep adding little stories apart from the main story (which unlocks only after you beat the main story).

update from publisher, the release date has been moved to next Tuesday, not today! sorry guys for the mis-info, see you then!
sketchi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Rainbowtail - US release NEXT Tuesday (oops!)

Postby Elwine » Sat Sep 30, 2017 3:50 am

I updated my game, apparently there was a fix for some issues for the android version. However now that the stars are required for the levels (I was wondering where they where) I can't unlock any of the levels I had already had open. It says I need more stars when I have 67. So for one level it says I need negative 62 more stars to unlock..

Edit:

It fixed itself when I closed the game and reopened it. -scared me- The game does link between android devices if you are wondering. :clap: I have it now on my phone and tablet. :)

Edit x2:

I have noticed that my game doesn't update properly now that I have it on my phone and tablet. My phone has all my current pets evolved and leveled up, but my tablet is still registering them as the first evolution and level 1. I tried to log out of my facebook and back in but nothing happens.

Edit x3:

I managed to get it to refresh, but now the calendar is all weird and I am back to the first issue where I need negative stars to unlock a level.. A reload of the game will fix this, but I lost a couple of those evolution guys and a couple stars because the games don't link properly.

Will this be fixed when the game is actually released? I would love to play this on my breaks at work and have it update properly on my tablet. I prefer playing it on the larger screen, but still would like something to do at work. If its going to keep doing this I will remove it from my phone and find a different match 3 game to play. (on my phone that is)

Edit x4:

I finished up a world, used some gems at king bean (on my tablet). Tried to see if it would load on my phone by logging out and back into facebook. Nothing happened, for kicks and giggles I signed out and back into facebook on my tablet, and my game went back to the file I had on my phone. Lost the completed world, lost my gems and pet from king bean and lost all the evolutions I did before hand. -_-;
=Kitty= is my daughter
Elwine

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby AuraDragoness » Sat Sep 30, 2017 2:34 pm

Elwine wrote:Edit x4:

I finished up a world, used some gems at king bean (on my tablet). Tried to see if it would load on my phone by logging out and back into facebook. Nothing happened, for kicks and giggles I signed out and back into facebook on my tablet, and my game went back to the file I had on my phone. Lost the completed world, lost my gems and pet from king bean and lost all the evolutions I did before hand. -_-;

When you are using 2 devices I recommend logging out on the one you aren't using (had this happen to me before).

Ex: If you're playing on a tablet then make sure you are logged out on your phone before you progress. When you want to play on your phone log out on the tablet first.

In the chance that you forget to log out on one device, make sure that you log out of whatever one you haven't made progress in FIRST then the one you have made progress in. Data saves each time you log out.
🐦 ♥ Rest in peace my sweet little Rainbow ♥ 🐦
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
AuraDragoness

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Elwine » Sat Sep 30, 2017 4:02 pm

AuraDragoness wrote:
Elwine wrote:Edit x4:

When you are using 2 devices I recommend logging out on the one you aren't using (had this happen to me before).

Ex: If you're playing on a tablet then make sure you are logged out on your phone before you progress. When you want to play on your phone log out on the tablet first.

In the chance that you forget to log out on one device, make sure that you log out of whatever one you haven't made progress in FIRST then the one you have made progress in. Data saves each time you log out.

Supper annoying, but if it will save my progress this way I guess its the only way to go.

Edit:
So far it looks like that works. I'm not 100% sure if it saved all my data from this mornings phone playing onto my tablet. Will this new version fix the game from crashing on my tablet? It crashes on my phone as well, but not nearly as much and I don't have a bug report pop up on my tablet while I still have one on my phone. I'm going to take a look to see if there is a setting I turned off.
=Kitty= is my daughter
Elwine

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sketchi » Thu Oct 05, 2017 7:47 pm

btw guys, data saves each time you visit the world map, if you were wondering! but it only "re-downloads" saved data upon logging in, I do believe, so it's best to log out of whichever account you're not using. otherwise you may overwrite a previous save as it will think it's newer, when you go to the world map. >_< it wasn't intended to be played simultaneously on different devices, as there's a lot of data to sync so we had to limit the transfer points (or it'd get really slow).
sketchi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me