Bandit's Cosplay Guide - Tips, Discussion + More!

Games, Movies, TV, YouTube, Books and Music - discuss it all here!

Re: Bandit's Cosplay Guide - Tips, Discussion + More!

Postby Flsh.bowl » Thu Jun 25, 2015 5:34 pm

Hey everyone! It's nearly been a month, any new updates anyone?
fish | they/them | beardie and cat dad | artist | fursuiter | beginner suit makerImage
im more active on instagram !! - @flsh.bowl
Flsh.bowl

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Dylan Klebold » Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:29 pm

CommanderKiwi wrote:Hey everyone! It's nearly been a month, any new updates anyone?

Intense jealousy of those who cosplay my fictionkin-type [James Kidd - as my profile suggests]

Just planning out a cosplay of one of the doctors from Assassin's Creed 2.

It's simple enough. Make the mask myself, find the robes I need, find or make the hat, find the gloves, make the armbands.

Though I might add a little twist if I can squander up some money to get hidden blades iwi

Does anyone know how to make a mask like that?
Dylan Klebold

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Flsh.bowl » Fri Jun 26, 2015 4:05 am

You could start by sculpting the basic mask shape on a block of Styrofoam and using a strong clay like to mold around your sculpted base, and if the mask ever breaks you have a base to make more.
fish | they/them | beardie and cat dad | artist | fursuiter | beginner suit makerImage
Flsh.bowl

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Dylan Klebold » Fri Jun 26, 2015 5:51 am

I'd love to do that but

I'm on a pretty low budget

>>

i hate having to pay for my own stuff
Dylan Klebold

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Flsh.bowl » Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:56 am

Oh, I see.
Flsh.bowl

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Flsh.bowl » Tue Jul 07, 2015 5:29 pm

Anyone alive?
Last edited by Flsh.bowl on Thu Dec 03, 2015 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Flsh.bowl

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lukas_stop » Fri Aug 21, 2015 11:01 am

I have a goal for my next cosplay: Caboose from RvB
    Hopefully I can get around to making his armor. My only concern is (since i'm using the paper
    craft method) is that I've never used resin before and I'm worried I might screw up on that.
Image Image Image Image

Proud Record Holder: Largest 2015 Dog Litter Hoard
Currently working towards collecting all of the pets on chicken smoothie.
Join the CS discord!
lukas_stop

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby StarWithRockDots » Fri Aug 21, 2015 1:34 pm

Eheh, my sister and I are planning on doing a simple little cosplay this Halloween. (We have absolutely nowhere to GO on said day/night, but hey. It's an excuse to make a "lighthearted" cosplay, where we don't have to worry too much about looking super spectacular and extravagant.)
We're going to be Agents 1 and 2 ((SPOILER) aka Callie and Marie in disguise while on a mission) from Splatoon, and I'm pretty stoked. :D Aside from their tentacle "hair", the costumes are super-easy. Since you only ever see their faces in-game, we've improvised a bit on the rest of the costume, too; we'll be wearing black pants, and we'll layer our t-shirts over black shirts with long sleeves. I think it's going to end up looking pretty good.
... If I can do the tentacles right, that is.
I'm planning on making them out of black and white garbage bags, cut into parts, attached together, and stuffed, but I'm really unsure about how to put them together. I'm thinking of using heat to kind of melt the "seams" together, but I'm worried that this will cause the plastic to become misshapen.
Also, my (Agent 2's) cap is stumping me. I plan on making it out of brightly-colored fun foam, so that it has a fun and cartoony look, but I have no idea how to make a cap. xD Her cap looks a bit like a slightly-boxy ball cap, by the way.
^ Click there to go to my off-Oekaki art gallery <3

Image Image Image Image Image Image

Splatoon Fanclub
Cozy Warriors-themed Discord server (Warriors knowledge optional)

Formerly known as SilverStärlight
Gaming mains and such can now be found on my Carrd (see my profile for the link)

----------
StarWithRockDots

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~Jaded » Thu Oct 01, 2015 7:49 am

@ Levi,
With Amazon, you're never going to be sure the quality or quickness of shipping because most of it is from a third party and also coming from China. I ordered my Annie wig from Amazon thinking it would be cheaper than a regular wig website but it took over two months to arrive and when it did arrive, it wasn't the quality promised on Amazon so I returned it. All the Levi wigs I've seen on Amazon are coming from China so that could take forever to get to the UK. Here's a super cheap listing I saw that had pretty good reviews- http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00D12OHF ... kerman+wig
If you want a better than amazon quality wig, I'd suggest arda-wigs.com (I swear by them) or epiccosplay.com. While those sites don't offer wigs under $10 as Amazon does, they ship fast (I get Epic Cosplay wigs overnight and Arda wigs in two days despite the promised 5 day shipping) and are less shiny and much fuller-especially Arda. Arda wigs are probably the best on the cosplay wig market tbh. Epic cosplay ones are good but they tangle easily but that shouldn't be a problem if you're buying a short wig like Levi's.
As for his tie, I'd probably hand make it out of an old pillowcase or buy some really cheap fabric to make it instead of buying it because shipping would be outrageous for something so small.
Also, don't be worried about glasses. A lot of cosplayers wear glasses and then just take them off for pictures.
ImageImage
ImageImage
~Jaded

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Frayah » Thu Oct 01, 2015 8:23 am

I've recently returned to the site and saw this forum and knew I had to post, so, hey everyone! I'm Frayah, and I've been cosplaying since about 2012, but only recently began sewing my own costumes. I also run a cosplay help blog on tumblr called cosplayclass

I saw this on the main post, but idk what CS has done while I've been gone and I can't find the search button, but I've heard nothing but negative things about Milanoo?? As in, the customer service is terrible, they use others' stock images, their cosplays are of horrendous quality, etc
Frayah

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me