Marvel Discussion and Movie News!

Games, Movies, TV, YouTube, Books and Music - discuss it all here!

Marvel Discussion and Movie News!

Postby lithigos » Fri Apr 11, 2014 2:45 pm

To all the Marvel nerds out there! And I know there are plenty!

Discuss newly released/upcoming Marvel movies, comics and other Marvel related stuff here.
Obviously, all of Tess' rules apply.

Last edited by lithigos on Wed Apr 08, 2015 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
σρєи уσυя єуєѕ, αи∂ fєєℓ αℓινє.
ѕρяєα∂ уσυя ωιиgѕ, αи∂ тαкє fℓιgнт

DeviantArt Instagram Tumblr SoundCloud
I have 3,032 pets.
lithigos

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Marvel: Upcoming/Released Movies + More

Postby lithigos » Sat Apr 12, 2014 10:14 am

Okay, for starters, who's seen the new Marvel movies?
Thor: The Dark World was released to theaters on November 8th, 2013, so you've probably seen that! If you haven't, it's really wonderful and I would definitely recommend it!
Captain America: The Winter Soldier has been showing in theaters since April 4th. I went to see it; at first, I was shocked at the constant action and intensity; I didn't really understand what was going on. But I would DEFINITELY go see it again (maybe twice :) ) Also probably my favorite Marvel movie and all around favorite movie currently!
I'm REALLY excited for The Amazing Spider-man 2, which is being released on May 2nd. Ever since the first Spider-man movies, before I was a Marvel nerd, I've loved Spidey more than the other mutants, miracles, supers, or whatever you would like to call them. This will be an epic phenomenon for personal and public experience!
Recently, I watched the preview for Guardians of the Galaxy, which is supposedly coming out on August 1st. I think the raccoon, Rocket, is absolutely adorable. This looks like a really fun movie.

Preview:
Thor: The Dark World: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npvJ9FTgZbM
Captain America: The Winter Soldier: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7SlILk2WMTI (WARNING: SPOILER ALERT!!!)
The Amazing Spider-man 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DlM2CWNTQ84
Guardians of the Galaxy: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89q_HH-3ghk

SPOILER: Featured Preview: If you have seen Captain America 2, including the post credit scenes (2), then here's an explanation of what you saw. If you haven't seen it/them, that's okay. They do not give any actual footage from the movie.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yp8w7mDz4eo

I have 3,032 pets.
lithigos

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby koolkatkoolkat123 » Sat Apr 12, 2014 9:39 pm

I loved Thor 2 and Captain America 2, Captain America Winter Soldier was so well written and there was a lot more action this time
I just can't wait for Amazing Spiderman 2 but i'm worried cause i know what happens in the comics and they are trying to follow the comics for all the Marvel movies now
Absolutely cannot wait for Avengers 2 as we have Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver

Finally X men Days of Future Past looks awesome, theres a different Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver (Evan Peters) in this one which is kinda annoying and i love James Mcavoy as young Charles Xavier
Trying to get back into roleplaying, haven't done it for a while. I like roleplaying wolves but they have to be realistic so no alpha beta delta and especially no healer ranks. I like big cats, horses, cats. I like roleplaying warrior cats. I don't play a lot with human characters unless they're shapeshifters or dragon riders.

So if you have a roleplay that needs more members send me a PM.
koolkatkoolkat123

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lithigos » Sun Apr 13, 2014 2:53 pm

Yes!!! I totally agree! I really expect, though I am not looking forward to, the death of Gwen Stacy... or Spidey's secret identity getting exposed, or something annoying like that. I sure hope they don't follow the comics exactly, 'cause Spidey's life is really messed up. Too bad he isn't real, I would probably create a charity to support him :P
I still don't know why I haven't watched any of the X-men movies, but I'm sure I will now that there aren't little kids everywhere. I haven't even seen Spider-man 3, since it came out when I was a little kid and my parents thought I'd be too scared. Haha, I probably would have been. I really want to see Wolverine, and you know what else? I think that the two studios (who created The Amazing Spider-man/The Avengers) are trying to figure out a way to put Spidey in with the other Marvels, like in the comics, which is complicated because they both own different rights. My father told me that Captain America: The Winter Soldier is close to being THE HIGHEST GROSSED MOVIE EVER!! :D I also heard word of a new Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movie coming out (I'm not sure when). Not that that has anything to do with Marvel, but I did put in the title "More" I guess that can mean anything from nerd alerts (Lord of the Rings/The Hobbit, TMNT......) to comics to roleplays to anything else you can think of???
Anywhoo, who agrees with me that 2014 will most likely be the Marvel age of Movies? ♥
Last edited by lithigos on Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

I have 3,032 pets.
lithigos

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shian » Mon Apr 14, 2014 12:54 am

Man, I really need a timeline or something. The Marvel movies and TV series like to reference each other so much. :c It's great when you get it, but when you don't know what's going on because you missed a movie that happened... nnyyyuugg.

The wikidoesn't really have a "please watch this in this order"
ImageImage
Come buy old rare pets in bulk for gems!
Shian

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lithigos » Mon Apr 14, 2014 6:32 am

Yes, I totally understand! I will definitely look into that for you. Thing is, there are a lot of Marvel movies I haven't seen, so I'll have to do quite a bit of research. Good thing you brought up that subject so that we can clarify things for future/current viewers!
By the way... doesn't it bother anyone that Chris Evans plays the Human Torch in the Fantastic Four? I mean, that's just weird! How can the same guy play both Captain America and Johnny Storm, which are both Marvel characters?! Even though that's probably why he even plays Captain America, cause he signed a contract with Marvel.
I've even heard rumors, speaking of which, that once Chris' contract is up, he's going to quit acting for a while!!! That will be a sad day.. :o

I have 3,032 pets.
lithigos

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lithigos » Fri May 02, 2014 11:16 am

OOOOkayy so here's a link to a timeline, it's kind of rusty, but here you can see what Marvel movies; (among many, many others dating back to 1992) by scrolling down, you will see the list in broad.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marvel_Studios

I have 3,032 pets.
lithigos

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Rant » Sat May 03, 2014 11:08 am

I'd like to see a decent Punisher movie that isn't an origin story. Too bad that isn't going to happen- the name has pretty much been soiled.

The Punisher is hands down one of my favorite comic book characters, I especially like where Garth Ennis and Punisher: Max have taken the character. There's an element of grit that wasn't there before, almost to the point of being ridiculous, but then it gets reeled in. I'm in the process right now of rereading Punisher: War Journal, which is about Frank Castle's time in Vietnam. Kind of cool stuff, especially when you take into account that the first volume was started in '88, when the entire public had just sort of gotten used to the entire idea of Vietnam being broached in media.

The '89 movie with Dolph Lundgren wasn't bad, but it wasn't great either.

Let's see, as far as Marvel goes, I'm a huge fan of Jack Kirby's Black Panther series. I mean, Jack Kirby alone is pretty rad and I can get behind pretty much everything he did, but Black Panther is one of THE coolest heroes out there. I've always been meaning to read more with him, but between following The Punisher and Hellboy, he gets lost in the shuffle a lot.

I've been looking at a lot of DC comics lately, and not to rag on DC or anything, but what about them that kind of ticks me off is that they think nothing of making new universes, retconning stuff, and resetting characterization on the drop of a dime. The only DC backed thing that I really dig is Watchmen, and that's not even truly DC, because I believe that it was acquired after it was written, not written by Alan Moore under the supervision of DC.

HMM... oh yeah, I got around to reading Old Man Logan, which is pretty much exactly how it sounds. It's a little ridiculous, The Hulk lives in a trailer park with a bunch of his offspring, there's dinosaurs everywhere, Red Skull has claimed himself as the president, and there's a guy with a Hitler mustache too. Light reading, but fun.

I'd go into Hellboy and all the Mike Mignola things that I've been reading lately, but that's Dark Horse comics, not Marvel.
Rant

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby cumberbatched » Sat May 03, 2014 11:10 am

I've seen both Thor: The Dark World, and Captain America: The Winter Soldier.

All I can say is..... FEELINGS ALL AROUND. Loki has a sob scene, Bucky has a sob scene, EVERYONE has a sob scene! Gah, too many feels. -3-

But the movies were utterly fantastic. I can't wait, either, to see TASM:2, it comes out tonight!!
cumberbatched

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lithigos » Mon May 05, 2014 2:29 pm

Rant: I don't really like DC very much. They seem so unreal. With Marvel comics, they use real cities, real places. (DC i.e. Metropolis) As for plantes such as Krypton, other life sustaining planets don't really exist so that doesn't matter. I love Black Panther. He's just so awesome. Part of the reason is just that his character is a big cat. And I love animals. :D I have really been meaning to see the Hellboy movies, but I'm waiting till my mom is gone sometime cause she doesn't like us to watch scary movies. Ha. I mean, "scary." Also my movie watch list is getting just tooo long. Maybe sometime I will get like, all the movies ever and just watch TV for all day. :thumbup:

Has anyone seen the Lego Movie? Does anyone agree with me that they totally shouldn't have skipped out on the Marvel Lego characters? That just sucks! Plus unfairities. HISHE version: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HOQxxNYSHR0
Also here's the other HISHE Marvel vids for you to enjoy!
Avengers: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZkqC4L ... fdwjhPNn9N
Iron Man: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adW46gs ... xC67kykgPi
Thor 2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmhEg-n ... FF8A678ECF ("Your ruining my mind, Lok!")
Spider-Man (The Amazing): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LiV7Xs2cvqg PLUS Bonus scene! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SEFW_SWGFSI
Sorry, I don't exactly have time right now to post ALL of HISHE's super videos, but if you go to their channel, you can see all of their movies!
Oh, by the way Cumberbunny, what kind of feelings do you mean? "Sob scene," as in, you cried, or he's just messed up? (I agree to both) They WERE superb, especially CA:2, which was also super intense. Last night I rewatched the preview for TASM:2, and now I REALLY want to see it now that it's out.
Sorry, I know I only discuss the common Marvel characters, but it's much easier since they're of mutual interest to thousands of people. I am acquainted with almost all the Marvel characters, but my most favorite is Spidey, since he's so humoristic and goofy yet smart. I hope I grow up to be like him (cliche dream, I know), in that he has a good career and saves people. But who knows... Maybe I'll get bitten by a radioactive spider! LOL

I have 3,032 pets.
lithigos

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me