Survivors - Is Lucky Evil?

Games, Movies, TV, YouTube, Books and Music - discuss it all here!

What's your opinion?

Lucky is definitely the bad guy.
No votes
Lucky isn't evil, but he isn't too good, either.
33%
Alpha is the villain!
22%
Neither of them are the villains, both of them are good.
11%
Neither of them are the villains, but neither of them are good, either.
33%

Total votes : 9

Survivors - Is Lucky Evil?

Postby ⓞ ⓚ ⓐ ⓟ ⓘ » Tue Apr 08, 2014 4:33 pm

You may have heard of or read the series by Erin Hunter, Survivors. What I want you to decide is: is Lucky evil? Warning: Contains spoilers!

Lucky is the main character in the series of books. I can't remember the first and second and third books, but I will talk about the fourth. First of all, did you notice that Lucky gets to go on every hunt and event? When he wasn't allowed to go on a patrol in the city, he pouted and complained. Of course, every dog was on Lucky's side, and protested until Lucky got his way. Alpha didn't want to look like a bad leader by disagreeing with his whole pack, so he had to send Lucky along. Was Alpha being mean by bullying Lick? I think he was only trying to protect his pack. Even though Lick is just a pup, he feared that she would become evil like the Fierce Dogs when she grew up. Obviously, Lucky has no ability to think about the future and the consequences of his actions. Was Alpha being unfair to Fiery when Fiery challenged him to a fight? Maybe, but Alpha knew that Fiery was on Lucky's side. Once Fiery became leader, he would agree with all of Lucky's decisions, which haven't proved to be very good ones so far. Alpha is a little aggressive, but he wants the best for his pack and their survival. What about Alpha being a half-wolf? Doesn't that make him evil? Don't judge a book by its cover. Alpha can't help being half-wolf. Just because his ancestors are "evil" doesn't mean that he is. Why does Alpha hate Lucky? Isn't that mean and evil? Well, wouldn't you be mad if a strange dog asked to join your pack, deceived you, tricked you into thinking he was nice, then every night reported back to his friends and helped them plan an attack on your pack? I wouldn't be very happy with Lucky, either.

When Lucky is going to save Fiery, Lick tells Axe that Lucky saved Axe. Wasn't there a bunch of other pack dogs that helped, too? Or does everyone love Lucky too much to take any credit for doing good things? Lucky also convinces Lick to leave Axe behind when Axe wanted to get revenge on the humans for poisoning him and the other animals. What a good role model. Lucky also convinced Twitch, who is afraid that he will fall and break his leg, to go down a steep hill. When Twitch runs down the hill because Lucky told him to, what does Twitch do? He falls, just like Lucky assured him that he wouldn't do. When Lick is fighting Terror, Lucky does nothing to help. When Fiery is dying because Lucky forced him to fight Terror's pack, Lucky says that he can do nothing to help him, and basically lets him die. He also forced Lick, who is young and barely past a pup, to fight Terror's pack. Lucky does not have enough sense to tell the difference between Lick and an enemy, so he almost killed her. Alpha has constantly been trying to stop Lucky, but everyone is convinced that Lucky is good. Who is the real hero? Is Lucky really that lucky?

After hearing my explanation, please take the poll above. Post below to argue why Lucky is good, or to agree why is Lucky is bad. Thanks for looking!

EDIT: I updated the poll, so anybody who voted will have to vote again. Sorry!
Last edited by ⓞ ⓚ ⓐ ⓟ ⓘ on Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
ⓞ ⓚ ⓐ ⓟ ⓘ

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Survivors - Is Lucky Evil?

Postby ⓞ ⓚ ⓐ ⓟ ⓘ » Wed Apr 09, 2014 2:19 am

Bump!
ⓞ ⓚ ⓐ ⓟ ⓘ

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ⓞ ⓚ ⓐ ⓟ ⓘ » Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:29 am

Bump! Please share your opinions with me! I edited the poll.
ⓞ ⓚ ⓐ ⓟ ⓘ

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ⓞ ⓚ ⓐ ⓟ ⓘ » Wed Apr 09, 2014 11:04 am

Bump!
ⓞ ⓚ ⓐ ⓟ ⓘ

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ⓞ ⓚ ⓐ ⓟ ⓘ » Thu Apr 10, 2014 12:54 pm

Bump....
ⓞ ⓚ ⓐ ⓟ ⓘ

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ⓞ ⓚ ⓐ ⓟ ⓘ » Sat Apr 12, 2014 4:13 pm

Bump...
ⓞ ⓚ ⓐ ⓟ ⓘ

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ⓞ ⓚ ⓐ ⓟ ⓘ » Mon Apr 14, 2014 4:27 pm

Bump...
ⓞ ⓚ ⓐ ⓟ ⓘ

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Okay? » Sat Apr 19, 2014 2:07 pm

wait Lucky never knew about the attack until it was to late.
And Lick (Storm) cant help that she is evil and alpha should understand that like you said alpha cant help that his ancesters are evil so netheir can Lick.
Also Lucky did help lead them away from the "bad rain" when Alpha was frozen with fear.
Also alpha wouldn't except lick/Storm or Lucky he all ways had to argue with them, he didn't even give Lick a naming sermony Lucky gave it to her toward the end of book four.
Lick/Storm also saved half of the pack from that dog that claimed to talk to the fear dog.
Of course she did kill him a bit unbeliavebley, but she still saved them.
Also Alpha did.......... um I will get back to this post tomorrow. Its 10:03PM and I cant think straight (as you can tell by my spelling) I also need to find book four to recapture a few things.
But one thing I do clearly remember is that Lucky and Storm/Lick did help save Furiy when he got captured and all of the other animals that got captured he also help Bella and Mickey when they were in the city in book 1 and 3 (I think it was three)
Any ways I will get back to this tomorrow.
Please click! PM for click backs

ImageImageImageImage
Okay?

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Okay? » Sat Apr 19, 2014 2:09 pm

P.S. wouldn't quite call Alpha or Lucky the villain, the real villain is the alpha of the garden pack ( I check to see what her name is) And Storm/Lick may become the villain I don't know I have to wait to June to find out that is when book 5 is coming and its killing me! I want the book in my hands NOW!!
Please click! PM for click backs

ImageImageImageImage
Okay?

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ⓞ ⓚ ⓐ ⓟ ⓘ » Tue Apr 22, 2014 2:58 pm

I feel the same way, I'm just dying for the book to come out! I don't think either of them are/ evil, I thought it would be an interesting topic, though. I don't really like Lucky. Like Twilight Sparkle, he's just too... perfect, if you know what I mean. Every dog credits Lucky for everything, like saving Axe when it was all of the dogs who helped. Thanks for sharing your opinion with me. I want to know what others think. ;)
ⓞ ⓚ ⓐ ⓟ ⓘ

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me