Film Review & Discussion

Games, Movies, TV, YouTube, Books and Music - discuss it all here!

Re: Film Review & Discussion

Postby Puzzles101 » Sun Jan 15, 2017 12:46 pm

Username: Puzzles101
    Favorite Movies (Updated):
    Kung Fu Panda, The Lord of the Rings Triology, The Hobbit Triology, Pirates of the Caribbean, Harry Potter, and Mary Poppins.
    The Kung Fu Panda movies made me feel like I was a small child again, and I felt like the beautiful animated effects also had to do with the impact on me.The Lord of the Rings Triology was as beautiful as I thought it was going to be (since I read the books). The dialogue, effects, costumes/props, et cetera, were all amazing. The Hobbit Triology was the same except for the fact that it was made much later than The Lord of the Rings, and everything about the movie has improved a lot, effects, props/costumes, et cetera. The Pirates of the Caribbean movies give a lot of action and adventure with some comedy around, making sure the story isn't all serious and gloomy. Harry Potter was interesting with all of the magic, but sometimes it didn't follow the books. Mary Poppins gave a musical feel to the movie even though it was made in 1964.
    Least Favorite Movies:
    I do have movies that I do not like, such as Divergent, The Maze Runner, and The Hunger Games, along with some others. I chose those three particular movies because the stories are basically the same, in my opinion. Some other people might say they aren't, and that's their opinion in which I have no right to prove wrong. I have read the first book of The Hunger Games, but I didn't really like it. Same with the movie. I saw The Maze Runner once, but I didn't really enjoy it with the "being stuck in the maze by the powerful ones" thing. I saw some parts of Divergent, but I couldn't watch it any longer. All three movie series have the same "evil government/society" thing that is going on, along with the main character being specifically chosen for something special. Sure, there are some good movies with that type of thing, but those good ones have other things that emphasise the story.
    Best Movies Ever Seen:
    I would have to say The Hobbit Triology, The Lord of the Rings Triology, and all of the Pirates of the Caribbean movies.
    Worst Movies Ever Seen
    I cannot really specify which ones I thought are the worst. There are some movies in which I thought that are terrible, but I do not want to say which ones due to the fact that some people might say otherwise.
    Favorite Director(s)
    Gore Verbinski, Rob Marshall, and Peter Jackson.
    Favorite Actor(s) (Updated)
    Viggo Mortensen, Sean Bean, Ian McKellen, John Rhys-Davies, Orlando Bloom, Billy Boyd, Christopher Lee (Rest In Peace), Aidan Turner, Luke Evans, Johnny Depp, Geoffrey Rush, Harrison Ford, Alan Rickman (Rest In Peace), Leonard Nimoy, David Thewlis, Tom Felton, David Burke, Edward Hardwicke (Rest In Peace), and Jeremy Brett (Rest In Peace).
    Favorite Actress(es) (Updated)
    Evangeline Lilly, Keira Knightley, Carrie Fisher (Rest In Peace), and Julie Andrews.
    Any Film Critics you follow?
    Not that I really know of.
    All I can say is that I'm sorry for joining in on this discussion very late along with this being very long.
Last edited by Puzzles101 on Tue Jan 31, 2017 11:32 am, edited 2 times in total.
Puzzles101

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Leopardnight » Sun Jan 15, 2017 1:31 pm

Puzzles101 wrote:

The Kung Fu Panda movies made me feel like I was a small child again, and I felt like the beautiful animated effects also had to do with the impact on me.

As a child I loved the Kung Fu Panda movie. I remember when I was on summer break as a young kid I sat on the couch and watched it every single day. It really is a beautifully animated film.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Who is Mr. Robot? Who is Mr. Robot?

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxx
mind awake
body asleep
mind awake
body asleep
mind awake
body asleep
mind awake
body asleep
mind awake

xxxxxxxx

Leopardnight

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Puzzles101 » Sun Jan 15, 2017 1:34 pm

Especially the third one, which I thought had a huge breakthrough in the actual storyline. I'm not going to say anything further since I might accidentally spoil it.
Puzzles101

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Leopardnight » Sun Jan 15, 2017 1:36 pm

I can't say I've gotten around to seeing the one third yet, but I hear it was a nice movie. It's your favorite of the three, then?

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxx
mind awake
body asleep
mind awake
body asleep
mind awake
body asleep
mind awake
body asleep
mind awake

xxxxxxxx

Leopardnight

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Captain Peregrin » Sun Jan 15, 2017 1:44 pm

Leopardnight wrote:I can't say I've gotten around to seeing the one third yet, but I hear it was a nice movie. It's your favorite of the three, then?

The animation in the third movie was really fun, and it works really hard to tie the three together, but personally I felt like it was weaker than the others.
Captain Peregrin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Nitro Indigo » Sun Jan 15, 2017 8:52 pm

Leopardnight wrote:
Puzzles101 wrote:

The Kung Fu Panda movies made me feel like I was a small child again, and I felt like the beautiful animated effects also had to do with the impact on me.

As a child I loved the Kung Fu Panda movie. I remember when I was on summer break as a young kid I sat on the couch and watched it every single day. It really is a beautifully animated film.

Confession time: the first time I watched Kung Fu Panda, I got bored about halfway through, then I later started believing it was stupid because of Legends of Awesomeness. And then I rewatched the first one a few months ago.
Greetings, citizens of the internet! You can call me Nitro Indigo, and I want to be identified by what I do, not what I am. I like Pokémon, The Legend of Zelda, Klonoa, among other things. I also have a YouTube channel.
Nitro Indigo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby polerberr » Sun Jan 15, 2017 11:44 pm

Welcome to the thread, holmes221B and Puzzles101. Do you two know each other already? You guys seem like you would be good friends, haha.

Sounds like you like comedy in your movies, holmes221B! Have you seen The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy yet? I think you'd like it, since you like Men in Black.

Puzzles101, you don't have to worry about saying you didn't like a movie just because you think people might not agree. Everyone will have different opinions, and you might find people that think similarily to you. For example, I love The Lord of the Rings, but I thought The Hobbit movies were terrible. It's only my opinion, though, and I can respect that you thought they were great. There are some scenes, like the one with Gollum, that I thought were perfectly done.

Anyway as for Kung Fu Panda, have you guys listened to it's soundtrack? It's beautiful. Hans Zimmer, naturally. No idea if anyone's heard of them, but The Piano Guys did a great cover of it. Link for anyone interested. Parts of it were filmed on the Great Wall, haha.
polerberr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby laura palmer. » Mon Jan 16, 2017 5:45 am

so i finally got around to seeing the movie FRANK the other night, and i really enjoyed it!! for those who don't know, it's a movie about a band, and the leader singer always wears a paper mâché head. when the keyboardist gets into a fight with the drummer, and leaves, an irish guy is offered to play in one show. he later on joins the band.
the main actors are michael fassbender, comhnall gleeson, and maggie gyllenhaal. it was an insanely good movie, with a quirky, yet great plotline. i really enjoyed the movie.
the film style was sorta that of a wes anderson movie, and if you like wes films, then id highly recommend watching this one. it is indeed on netflix.
the plot was quite dark and depressing, with tidbits of dark and dry humor. i highly enjoy those movies, and so i found myself in love with this one.
the ending is not one you'd expect, nor is it very happy, but it is a good ending.
sorry this review was so very sloppy, i just woke up not 15 minutes ago.
but id 10/10 recommend watching this movie!!
laura palmer.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby holmes221B » Mon Jan 16, 2017 6:46 am

polerberr wrote:Sounds like you like comedy in your movies, holmes221B! Have you seen The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy yet? I think you'd like it, since you like Men in Black.

No, I have not seen The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy yet. In fact, I am not sure that I even heard of it. I will definitely consider it, though.

"Sherlock Holmes. Surely you've heard of me?"

xxImage
Imagexx
- Sherlock Holmes
(Dai Gyakuten Saiban)

holmes221B

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Puzzles101 » Mon Jan 16, 2017 6:52 am

polerberr wrote:Welcome to the thread, holmes221B and Puzzles101. Do you two know each other already? You guys seem like you would be good friends, haha.

Puzzles101, you don't have to worry about saying you didn't like a movie just because you think people might not agree. Everyone will have different opinions, and you might find people that think similarily to you. For example, I love The Lord of the Rings, but I thought The Hobbit movies were terrible. It's only my opinion, though, and I can respect that you thought they were great. There are some scenes, like the one with Gollum, that I thought were perfectly done.

Yeah, I can't really deny the fact that The Hobbit movies didn't really follow the books, but I still liked it.
The third Kung Fu Panda movie does seem to be my favorite of the three. It just seemed to have a big impact on me.
Also, the fifth Pirates of the Caribbean movie, Dead Men Tell No Tales, is coming out May 26, 2017, which I am pretty excited about. I don't know how good it will be, but I guess I will have to see it to find out.
Yes, holmes221B and I are actually really good friends. Good job for noticing though!
Puzzles101

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me