The Sims 3

Games, Movies, TV, YouTube, Books and Music - discuss it all here!

Re: The Sims 3

Postby koolkatkoolkat123 » Wed Aug 12, 2015 6:57 pm

So I gave up on my Perfect Genetics challenge now I'm doing a kind of legacy. My founder is a witch called Holly Hex, she has pinkish skin, blue hair with pink highlights and red eyes. Her partner is Aqua Azul, she has light blue skin, green hair and pink eyes (Female),they are engaged to be married.

I put them in Twinbrook, added a bunch of Late Night and Supernatural venues and filled the town with berry sims. I have Twallan's Story Progression and Woohooer mod and good god does that make the game fun especially since I changed the sims ages so they don't become elders too quickly. At the moment I've got a couple of witch kids, a family of vampires and a fairy family that is waiting for the birth of their first child

At the moment they have 5 children, four girls and one boy. Ariel takes after Holly, she has her hair and skin and Aqua's eyes. Ariel is a witch.

Melody has Aqua's skin and eyes, her hair is brown. Melody wants to go into the medical career. Ariel and Melody are twins

Ash, the only boy (Poor kid, he doesn't even have a father figure), he has Aqua's skin and eyes and Holly's hair. Ash is artistic. He is also a witch

Jade has Holly's skin, hair and eyes. IDK why but Holly had a wish to send Jade off to the boarding school of peace and love so i have one less kid to deal with for a while. I think Jade is going to become a firefighter since she's brave and athletic

Rowan has Aqua's skin and eyes and black hair. Rowan is a witch

I'm a little concerned with how much time I've spent on sims in 2 days, I play from dawn to dusk and never get bored, because of story progression I have to keep editing my town to get rid of any game generated sims that nick my houses. While I wait for the game to save and edit I read my book
But I do have a life I need to get back to, today I have an interview for an apprenticeship, tomorrow my mum gets married, friday going to a party, saturday volunteering at charity shop and going to my dads. Sims is making this very hard for me, I might have to bring my laptop with me to my dads this weekend.
Trying to get back into roleplaying, haven't done it for a while. I like roleplaying wolves but they have to be realistic so no alpha beta delta and especially no healer ranks. I like big cats, horses, cats. I like roleplaying warrior cats. I don't play a lot with human characters unless they're shapeshifters or dragon riders.

So if you have a roleplay that needs more members send me a PM.
koolkatkoolkat123

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shadowbolt » Wed Aug 12, 2015 9:38 pm

I recently restarted playing sims yesterday and then realised that when I last played I was in the middle of populating a town after someone had made a world in the world editor which I have never been able to use. >.<

Let me just say that creating 40+ sims is not the easiest thing to do. I'd alternate between furnishing houses and creating sims but in the end I've ended up making a quick game of going back to my edited sunset valley and playing with one of the premade families and only controlling a child sim. It's proved a nice break from creating houses and sims so far. But I can't wait for the world to be done because it'll feel so good to have control of like a whole town and it's story and for once it's going to be entirely kid and pet friendly.

On a separate note, I've always wanted to install mods however I don't know if it's a good idea seeing as my current computer is 10+ years old and struggling when 6 expansion packs are installed so I have to keep it at 5 for a playable experience. Plus I'd have to go through all the effort of finding how to install them and trying to find worthwhile ones. Maybe someday when I get a new computer it'll be something new to do.

"With a taste of your lips
I’m on a ride
You're toxic I'm slipping under
With a taste of a poison paradise
I’m addicted to you
Don’t you know that you’re toxic
And I love what you do
Don’t you know that you’re toxic"

SO SORRY FOR MY INACTIVITY, I WILL BE BACK HONEST
Shadowbolt

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Bella. » Wed Aug 12, 2015 10:17 pm

Depending on the mod and if you only have a couple small ones, then gameplay shouldn't be affected. My switched to a laptop and put on just base game + pets + seasons and was kind of borderline, I put all my CC back on and didn't notice a difference. Most of mine were custom saddles and tack for horses, NRAAS mods (I think just mastercontroller?) IDK anymore because I uninstalled it to put the Sims 4 on.

Speaking of which... has anyone heard about that invite only survey? I am super super super disappointed that pets wasn't an option, so I hope that it is currently in the works to be released soon and the survey was just for expansion packs after that or... I don't know what I will do. Probably uninstall Sims 4 to go back to Sims 3! Haha playing without pets is almost killing me :c
|
:

:
|
|
:

:
|
|
:

:
|
|
:

:
|
-•-○-✿-❀-✿-❀-✿-○-•-

┌────────────────────┐
aquarius • she/her • infj
├────────────────────┤
𝙰𝚗𝚒𝚖𝚊𝚕 𝙲𝚛𝚘𝚜𝚜𝚒𝚗𝚐-𝚒𝚏𝚢𝚒𝚗𝚐
𝚈𝚘𝚞𝚛 𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚛𝚊𝚌𝚝𝚎𝚛𝚜

├────────────────────┤
My goal on CS is to collect
all of the pets. I'm at
97.6%
at the moment!
└────────────────────┘

-•-○-✿-❀-✿-❀-✿-○-•-
Bella.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby koolkatkoolkat123 » Wed Aug 12, 2015 11:22 pm

Shadowbolt wrote:
    I recently restarted playing sims yesterday and then realised that when I last played I was in the middle of populating a town after someone had made a world in the world editor which I have never been able to use. >.<

Let me just say that creating 40+ sims is not the easiest thing to do. I'd alternate between furnishing houses and creating sims but in the end I've ended up making a quick game of going back to my edited sunset valley and playing with one of the premade families and only controlling a child sim. It's proved a nice break from creating houses and sims so far. But I can't wait for the world to be done because it'll feel so good to have control of like a whole town and it's story and for once it's going to be entirely kid and pet friendly.

On a separate note, I've always wanted to install mods however I don't know if it's a good idea seeing as my current computer is 10+ years old and struggling when 6 expansion packs are installed so I have to keep it at 5 for a playable experience. Plus I'd have to go through all the effort of finding how to install them and trying to find worthwhile ones. Maybe someday when I get a new computer it'll be something new to do.

I'd recommend Twallan's Story Progression mod, it actually keeps your town alive, EA's Story Progression is pathetic,but experiment with it. Change it so it only affects certain sims because too much will slow down the game and keep an eye on your inactive sims because before you know it you have 2 adults and 6 kids in a 2 bedroom house. If you need help with it just ask me and I'll see if there's anything you can change to improve your game.

My computer isn't that great, at the mo it's running 4 expansions and it's doing just fine with the mods, it freezes every now and again but it's just the game catching up with the mod.

A computer that old though might struggle so be careful, if you don't like it you can always remove it.
Trying to get back into roleplaying, haven't done it for a while. I like roleplaying wolves but they have to be realistic so no alpha beta delta and especially no healer ranks. I like big cats, horses, cats. I like roleplaying warrior cats. I don't play a lot with human characters unless they're shapeshifters or dragon riders.

So if you have a roleplay that needs more members send me a PM.
koolkatkoolkat123

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Katria » Mon Aug 17, 2015 6:08 am

Origin is having a sale on the sims 4, up to 40% off. (It ends in 7 hours)
For those of you who don't know c:

In other words, I lost all of my houses.. families.. Everything cause my computer had to be put into the shop and now im having to redownload everything again. I'm really hoping it continues to work this time xP

My flightrising. I have dragons for sale
My birthday is Dec 16 <3

╔════════════════════════════╗
Trading all cs pets and items for FR
╚════════════════════════════╝
Katria

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby porsche. » Sun Aug 23, 2015 8:41 am

after being forced to restart my laptop, I AM HAVING TO DOWNLOAD ALL MY SIMS 3 EXPANSION PACKS ALL OVER AGAIN DX
i might only have 4 (excluding the base game) but it'll take days DX

as soon as I get them downloaded though, I plan on starting a challenge. any ideas? o3o

expansion packs I own:
generations
pets
ITF
university life
porsche.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby K H A L E E S I » Sun Aug 23, 2015 10:53 am

I've just started the 100 baby challenge. Already got one kid!
Follow me on Instagram to keep up: Sim3challenges63
K H A L E E S I

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tammanae » Sun Aug 23, 2015 12:25 pm

porsche. wrote:
after being forced to restart my laptop, I AM HAVING TO DOWNLOAD ALL MY SIMS 3 EXPANSION PACKS ALL OVER AGAIN DX
i might only have 4 (excluding the base game) but it'll take days DX

as soon as I get them downloaded though, I plan on starting a challenge. any ideas? o3o

expansion packs I own:
generations
pets
ITF
university life

With Generations I really love to play the Imaginary Friend Legacy Challenge. It's a pretty fun twist on the regular legacy in my opinion. I also really love the 50 Foal Challenge if you are up for a Pets one. =)
Tammanae

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby porsche. » Wed Sep 02, 2015 7:46 am

hmm, thanks for the ideas c:
right now I've just decided to do a regular legacy.
read it here c;
porsche.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby badlands. » Sat Sep 05, 2015 2:10 am

I am thinking of doing either the Disney Legacy Challenge, a regular Legacy Challenge or the 100 Baby Challenge.
I can't decide!
badlands.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me