The Sims 3

Games, Movies, TV, YouTube, Books and Music - discuss it all here!

Re: The Sims 3

Postby TheSiren » Wed Oct 22, 2014 6:08 am

I kind of want to get the sims 4 pets.. But don't I have to get the sims 4 orgininal first? I don't understand why Seasons/Pet aren't just automatically included with the original game.
TheSiren

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Chry » Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:28 am

S k y y wrote:
I kind of want to get the sims 4 pets.. But don't I have to get the sims 4 orgininal first? I don't understand why Seasons/Pet aren't just automatically included with the original game.

The sims 3 pets is a good expansion. But it is an expansion, so you must have the original base game to play it. This is because if they included all the content in the base game, they wouldn't make as much money and it may not be healthy for the computer it's installed on. The expansion packs go on sale all the time though so you can usually pick them up for a good deal.
Chry

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby aust » Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:35 am

You could also share expansions with friends if they have a physical copy
ImageImageImage
aust

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Citric » Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:57 am

Opera of Ghosts wrote:You could also share expansions with friends if they have a physical copy

Actually, I don't think you can. You have to put in the code on your computer, and then no other game will accept that code.
Pet's name: (Adopted) Baby Christmas Tree

My TradesMy GalleryMy JMDs
Citric

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tammanae » Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:10 am

Citric wrote:
Opera of Ghosts wrote:You could also share expansions with friends if they have a physical copy

Actually, I don't think you can. You have to put in the code on your computer, and then no other game will accept that code.

Don't those codes usually have a certain amount of times you can use it before it cannot be used anymore though? True that it's usually for "Just in case your computer gets the blue screen of death" or something, but I remember my Spores game got three free uses of the code before I had to contact for more. Not sure if it's the same for Sims, but since Spores was made by the same people, it sort of make sense if it does? ID
Tammanae

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Katria » Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:11 am

Citric wrote:

The code is just to register it onto the sims site, I think.
You can share the disk despite the code being used...

My flightrising. I have dragons for sale
My birthday is Dec 16 <3

╔════════════════════════════╗
Trading all cs pets and items for FR
╚════════════════════════════╝
Katria

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Chry » Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:48 am

Tammanae wrote:
Citric wrote:

Don't those codes usually have a certain amount of times you can use it before it cannot be used anymore though? True that it's usually for "Just in case your computer gets the blue screen of death" or something, but I remember my Spores game got three free uses of the code before I had to contact for more. Not sure if it's the same for Sims, but since Spores was made by the same people, it sort of make sense if it does? ID

The sims 3 isn't like this. You can use the code as many times as you like, and even share it with friends if they aren't using the game to use the online features. The code can only be registered online on the sims 3 site once though.
Chry

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby I'm Not The Only One » Wed Oct 22, 2014 2:50 pm

At school we've just started a topic on houses c: I was like so happy when I found out we had to make a model and present it to the class! Honestly, Sims 3 for homework is like pudding for tea! I never thought I'd get that lucky!

Hi guys, I'm Not The Only One here. Please feel free to call me
Only One or One. I used to be .thewriter. so please don't steal
that name as I might go back to it. So if you can't tell, my
favourite so is I'm Not The Only One by Sam Smith <3 I live in
New Zealand and like trades, role-playing, reading and writing
on here! Feel free to send me a PM-- I don't bite! My other
interests include sports, dance, drama, music and piano. If you're
looking for a 1x1 partner I am always open, but please note I
am a Semi-Lit + role-player.
I'm Not The Only One

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tammanae » Wed Oct 22, 2014 5:15 pm

Chry wrote:The sims 3 isn't like this. You can use the code as many times as you like, and even share it with friends if they aren't using the game to use the online features. The code can only be registered online on the sims 3 site once though.

Ah. Even better then. Mine are all digital copies (Because apparently physical copies of Sims games are a myth where I am from, and lulno at Shipping and Handling costs. <<) so I had no idea that they actually made the game playable without the need of pesky codes to just install the bloody thing. XD
Tammanae

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby narwhallama » Sun Oct 26, 2014 1:34 am

snappyfish wrote:I think my game file is corrupted :(
the game refuses to load. But at least I should be getting the Sims 3 for my birthday.

anyone?
narwhallama

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me