The Sims 3

Games, Movies, TV, YouTube, Books and Music - discuss it all here!

Re: The Sims 3

Postby Tammanae » Sun Sep 21, 2014 4:21 pm

Understandable. Glitches like these can really bum you out when they happen. Hopefully it's just with the one save file, however? It would be bothersome, but possibly the least problematic of situations. ^^
Tammanae

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ElevatingHearts » Sun Sep 21, 2014 4:24 pm

I have a quick question.

So, I had to reinstall all my Sims games on a new computer and since I lost my base game disk, I had to buy a digital version on Origin. Now that everything is downloaded the computer is no longer on the internet due to it not being wireless like my previous computer and my desk is in my bedroom.

However, on this computer, it will not load any of the towns! When you download things off of Origin, does your computer have to be connected to the internet for the game to work properly?

Click either picture to check out the Pokemon Fan Fiction I am writing! The account is just starting up so I would love any support you can give!(: "Only You" involves a romance and "Snagged" is just simply an adventure to get a Pokemon back.

Chapter 1 to Only You was published on 10/29/14 which is my Latest update on it.

My Latest Update for "Snagged" was the prologue, which was posted on 10/25/14.

Again, just click either cover picture to read the book! Any votes or comments would be greatly appreciated!(:
ElevatingHearts

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Goostarion » Sun Sep 21, 2014 9:18 pm

TrueHeartedRusher<3 wrote:I have a quick question.

So, I had to reinstall all my Sims games on a new computer and since I lost my base game disk, I had to buy a digital version on Origin. Now that everything is downloaded the computer is no longer on the internet due to it not being wireless like my previous computer and my desk is in my bedroom.

However, on this computer, it will not load any of the towns! When you download things off of Origin, does your computer have to be connected to the internet for the game to work properly?

I've played Sims 3 and Sims 4 offline and they work just fine. When you download things from Origin, your computer does need to be connected, but when you are just playing the game itself, then you should be clear of not using the internet.
    If one of the games you are looking into being online all the time, it's the Simcity game. I don't know much about it otherwise so I am sure Google can help you here.
    I am not sure if I was any help here >.<

Speaking of which, I am not sure if there is a Sims 4 thread yet so here's a question. What does everyone here think of Sims 4 so far?
    Personally, I hated it at first, the camera angle fixture, the lack of custom-ables, the building mechanics, the overall game play felt too real for me, I am a older gamer, and the hair looked like plastic.
    Now I am growing to like it. Figured out how to change camera angle, downloaded a crap load of creative customs, the building mechanics are workable, a pain in the rear but workable (Very fiddly because of the menu being up the top and not at the bottom) The game play is justified in being more realistic though I still cannot adapt to it's usage, I love the grab and tug custom Sim selection (Why not tall and short Sims though?) and the lack of pool is very saddening because I used to have the pool take up the whole backyard and it looked amazing.
I am on mobile.
Current mood: Casually being able to talk to the country's parliament is fascinating.
Don’t you want to see a highlight?
Join your union
Goostarion

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Banana_girl » Sun Sep 21, 2014 11:15 pm

i have just download the sim free play app and its so annoying but i love it, so now i can play sims when at boarding school
Banana_girl

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby blazesong » Mon Sep 22, 2014 5:13 pm

urgh i can't get sims to work everytime i move my new familys in sims 3 crashes

i need a new signature

blazesong

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby F.Nova » Sat Sep 27, 2014 11:56 am

blazesong wrote:urgh i can't get sims to work everytime i move my new familys in sims 3 crashes

Those families might have bad custom content within them.
F.Nova

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Scarlett; » Sun Sep 28, 2014 5:30 am

So, I am starting my own Immortal Dynasty Challenge, and I aspire to finish it this time. I played a lot last night, going over the guidelines, and came up with this founder.

Meet Lyanna Lovette!

I don't know what compelled me to make that dynasty name... Maybe I could just keep all of the heirs' names L names, to go with the theme? I don't know...

So I started her off with gardening, but once I was done, I had just shy of 1k to get a house established. Here's what I came up with:

Uggh, it's a real pain in the butt to have her go all the way across Bridgeport every day after her gardening to take a shower.

Right off, the first time she went out, she clicked with this guy. It wasn't until later that I found that he was a celebrity!

So that's all for now. I will be playing just after I eat, but I've got essays to get to right after. I don't know if you guys would want updates or something, but I will be posting more screenshots in the future. I'm actually pretty excited to see where this goes.
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
hi there! i'm scar,
a die-hard fan of
ouat, got, and oitnb.

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
ImageaaaaImageaaaImageaaImage
Scarlett;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kairayi » Mon Sep 29, 2014 2:13 am

Is' definitely addicted to The Sims, I play it all the time. I have two stuff packs and two expansion packs, being Pets and University Life, although I plan to buy more. I remember watching YouTube videos when I was a younger kid and always wanting the game. I think I'm going to stick with The Sims 3 rather than buy The Sims 4 when it's released at a cheaper price during the year.

I like to act out stories for my Sims, and I use cheats a lot, so ye.
Kairayi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tobso4 » Mon Sep 29, 2014 6:15 am

I love the Sims. It is an educational game which is very entertaining. But you can restore your dead Simms which only restore as ghosts. Teehee. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Tobso4

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kairayi » Mon Sep 29, 2014 7:08 am

Tobso4 wrote:I love the Sims. It is an educational game which is very entertaining. But you can restore your dead Simms which only restore as ghosts. Teehee.

Yeees, you can indeed restore Sims that have died. I prefer to turn aging off nonetheless.
Kairayi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me