Marvel Discussion and Movie News!

Games, Movies, TV, YouTube, Books and Music - discuss it all here!

Re: Marvel: Upcoming/Released Movies + More

Postby Wolvine » Fri May 23, 2014 4:44 pm

clint is a big nerd i love him a lot. have you read matt fraction's hawkeye? its a fantastic series, and i like his writing a lot even if i wasn't so hot on his iron man run. recommend it to everyone, bro.

anyone here want to talk about original sin because hA
Wolvine

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Agent Blackhawk » Fri May 23, 2014 5:05 pm

Yeah, I'm reading it as I can get my hands on the volumes, because, unfortunately, my comic shop doesn't stock the comics. :P

I may be on the side of the...........

...............................ᴀɴɢᴇʟs...

but don't believe for...................

a second that I'm......................

........................ᴏɴᴇ ᴏғ ᴛʜᴇᴍ.

Eᴛsʏ - DailyBitsOfGeek
Agent Blackhawk

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Wolvine » Fri May 23, 2014 10:22 pm

im out of date actually with hawkeye, only got up to issue 10 or so. i should fix that. pizza dog is great, and kate is a sweetheart
Wolvine

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lithigos » Thu Jun 19, 2014 9:50 am

Hello, and welcome, Agent Blackhawk! It's always nice to have another poster here!
I have some super exciting news!
#1, Guardians of the Galaxy has a new trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=crIaEzXgqto (We're super excited, me and my MARVEL buddies. Rocket Raccoon is SOO adorable!)
#2, Disney/MARVEL is coming out with a new movie, from the writer of Frozen and Wreck-It Ralph; it's an awesome mixture of MARVEL and animation! MARVEL has never done an animated movie before, so, without further ado, I give you BIG HERO 6!!! It's just strange for me, though. Out of all the hundreds of MARVEL characters, why would they choose Big Hero 6? After doing a bit of research, I found that BH6 isn't a very well known group, as many people only know the Avengers to be Captain America, Iron Man, Hulk, etc. BH6 is also run by the Japanese government, so we'll see how that goes!
Anywhoo, here's the teaser trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WHimm1A0JT4

(Sorry for not posting sooner! I just didn't really have anything good to post about.)
σρєи уσυя єуєѕ, αи∂ fєєℓ αℓινє.
ѕρяєα∂ уσυя ωιиgѕ, αи∂ тαкє fℓιgнт

DeviantArt Instagram Tumblr SoundCloud
I have 3,032 pets.
lithigos

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Iorveth » Sun Jul 13, 2014 4:09 am

The first Captain America movie really didn't do much for me. I will openly admit that I struggled through it and was just not very impressed. It was unfortunate as he is my husband's favorite Marvel hero.

Winter Soldier has become one of my all time favorite movies. Sebastian Stan did such a fabulous job with a character that has so few lines and very little screen time. He was able to create a character that just radiates pain, misery, and danger with quick action scenes. The Winter Soldier comes across as one of the most terrifying foes to have to go toe to toe with in hand to hand combat. I don't truly see him as a villain but as a victim. I was very impressed with the dark grittiness of the storyline and Cap grew on me. I find him to be one of the blander heroes. I like him well enough but the first movie didn't really have him make a lasting impression on me. He felt very overpowered by Bucky's small presence in the movie, even after he became a super soldier. This one had us back in theaters a second and third time.

I love the Thor movies. I love the cast and, like others, I love Tom Hiddleston as Loki. I wouldn't consider myself a fangirl even though he is my favorite character in those movies (followed closely by Darcy who has caused my husband to start calling Mjolnir, my Norwegian Fjord gelding, "mew-mew" because he hates trying to pronounce Mjolnir properly).

Iron Man... Who couldn't love Iron Man? I love how RDJ has portrayed Tony Stark and it's just how I always imagined he would be in a live movie. The newest one was my favorite although I do like the first one as well. "I'm sorry. This is the Funvee. The Humdrumvee is back there."

I finally saw the new Spider-man movies. I've always preferred the way they did the webs in the Toby McGuire movies where they re a production of his own body rather than from a man made web shooter because it feels lie he got more of the spider powers than his Spidey sense and what just feels like bravery in other versions. However, that is my only complaint. Andrew Garfield is adorable and makes the perfect awkward high schooler. I have been out of high school for several years now so watching it made me "awww" more times than my husband could bear and, when he asked why I said, "I just want to give him a hug, ruffle his hair and tell him that the awkwardness of high school doesn't last forever". I liked the entire movie so much more than the past movies. I finally saw that one a few weeks ago. I still have not seen the 2nd one.

I loved the Avengers. We saw it in theaters twice. I loved finally being able to see them all work together.

I can't wait for the next movies. I am looking forward to Captain America 3 and Avengers 2 the most but Guardians of the Galaxy is right up there. Rocket Raccoon looks equal parts huggable and terrifying. What I've seen of him so far is really good. He lookalike they humanized a raccoon to play the role. Our movie making abilities have come so far. I am definitely a Marvel fan and do end up seeing them all either in theaters or, if things just don't work out, on dvd. There aren't any upcoming Marvel movies I am not looking forward to.
Pet's name: Khaos
Iorveth

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lithigos » Mon Aug 04, 2014 8:17 am

I'm sorry I haven't gotten around to posting.
So, Guardians of the Galaxy came out on Friday the 1st, and my friend watched it twice already. He said it was so good. See, I have been gone for the past two weeks camping, and he told me he saw it, and I'm like "It's not even out yet!" Yes, I'm slow. But yeah. I'm hoping to see it some time in the next two weeks.
I have heard talk of movies for both Ant Man and Doctor Strange from Wikipedia and other sources, and conformation on Avengers: Age of Ultron. Now who's excited about that?
By the way, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles comes out on the 8th, me and my friend (we'll just call her A) want to go see it together. Here is the newest trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OdgNSJiWJTo
I'm currently reading thru the Superior Spider-man series... and let me just tell you, I can't wait to finish it. Another favorite comic of mine is The Amazing Spider-man: My Friends Can Beat Up Your Friends. It's just so funny. :lol: Also, I've been thinking about reading this one DC comic called Red Sun something or other, about Superman if he had landed 8 hours later or something, and joins the Soviet Union??? Anyway, it sounds interesting, so I might just do it. But after that, I'm going back to good 'ol Marvel.
Now, I didn't really like Man of Steel, and I haven't seen any of the recent Batman movies, but this looks pretty good: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0e28YPg7R9g
My bro and I had a long conversation about a new movie, based off a DC comic: Batman vs. Superman. Who here knows what I speak of?
Last edited by lithigos on Mon Aug 04, 2014 8:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

I have 3,032 pets.
lithigos

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Wolvine » Mon Aug 04, 2014 8:29 am

GOTG has fantastic reviews so far, planning to watch it on Tuesday. Ant-man has been confirmed for some time my friend, though I'm planning on boycotting it. I'm furious that they've wiped out Jan from existence, despite the fact she's a founding Avenger. AOU has also been confirmed since pretty much the first Avengers movie, and I'm annoyed at the way they're presenting Scarlet Witch as some mad woman, but other than that I'm keen to watch.

If you're looking for new titles, can I recommend Ms. Marvel, Captain Marvel and She-Hulk? Great titles, all very recent, within the last three years or so.

Anyone keeping up with the Original Sin event? I've kind of lost interest despite my Hickman stanning, but knowing what's going on is sorta important. Has it moved on much from the punching and arresting of Stark?
Wolvine

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lithigos » Mon Aug 04, 2014 8:32 am

Hi Wolvine, thanks for posting! I edited my most recent post just before you posted. Check it out ^

I have 3,032 pets.
lithigos

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Wolvine » Mon Aug 04, 2014 8:38 am

I feel like we should talk about Squirrel Girl tbh. There's been some rumors (mostly from some online papers of questionable source, I mean, they even turned Danny Rand into Fist Iron) that's she's being brought to the MCU, or rather one of their tv shorts like Heroes for Hire, which would be brilliant bc absolute best hero ever hands down. Apparently she might appear in Agent of SHEILD, so that might pique my interest in the show; I find Coulson boring, but I love me some Doreen Green
Wolvine

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lithigos » Mon Aug 04, 2014 8:45 am

I would freak out if she got publicized. Why I never get around to watching Agents of SHIELD I never know. I will certainly be sure to do that.
For some reason, I always loved the Marvel TV shows that are made for kids to watch, like The Ultimate Spider-man, Earth's Mightiest Heroes, Fantastic Four (I watched a whole season twice).... But yeah, anyways... On to more... interesting topics...

I have 3,032 pets.
lithigos

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me