Ace Attorney!

Games, Movies, TV, YouTube, Books and Music - discuss it all here!

Re: Ace Attorney!

Postby Puzzles101 » Thu Jul 20, 2017 1:08 pm

I am rather interested to play the new Lady Layton game, but I don't know on what should I play it. Tomorrow it is released for mobile for Japan, North America, and Europe while the 3DS version will be released in autumn off this year.

I hope Professor Layton makes an appearance,
for I read that he has gone missing and his daughter is solving all of these mysteries in order to find him.
Puzzles101

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby autumnal. » Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:51 pm

Oh, it's being released on the 3DS too? Great, yet another game to add to the "games to get after September" list, haha. I'm seriously debating whether or not it should be a higher priority than the new Danganronpa game.

I guess it depends on how much you want the case for it versus how much money you want to spend. I'm pretty sure the mobile version of the game will be cheaper than the 3DS release.

Layton went missing? Huh, that's an interesting idea. If Alfendi and Flora, or at least Luke, don't show up for that I will be saltier than McDonald's French fries.
autumnal.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Puzzles101 » Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:30 pm

Yeah, the mobile version for Apollo Justice is around seventeen dollars, but I am playing it on the DSi. When it's a Layton game, I am getting it.

Is the new Danganronpa game the third one or is it a different one?

I also heard that there is a Ace Attorney game for the Wii, but I am not really sure.
Puzzles101

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby autumnal. » Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:55 am

Lady Layton's our on iTunes and the PlayStore and it's fifteen USD. I don't know how long the game actually is so I don't know if it's worth the money. But the fact that we got it literally just a day after Japan did is pretty great.

It's the third mainseries game, but it's a new storyline independent from the Hope's Peak Academy arc. From what I've gathered, the only same thing we've got is Monokuma and the "kill each other to leave" thing. The actual Danganronpa 3, which wraps up the HPA arc, is an anime. I'm still expecting some references to the other games or a cameo from probably Naegi, but that's about it.

There's a port for the trilogy on the Wii but that's the extent of it and that's why there's all this official art of the characters playing the Wii. Instead of shouting into your DS mic, you hold your Wii-mote in your hand and present it like how Phoenix points his finger.
autumnal.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Puzzles101 » Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:24 pm

Yea, I really want the game on mobile since I have no games on my phone, plus I am a Layton fan. c:

Yea, I noticed that recently about the Danganronpa 3 game. I watched all of the animes and watched the walkthrough of Super Danganronpa 2 because I don't have a PS Vita (plus Gundham Tanaka is great). I really don't know how it will tie into everything too since everything seems to have wrapped up in the Hope Arc of the Danganronpa 3 anime.

I think it is neat to point the Wii Remote like that. Gives off that vibe that you cornered someone to the point of confession. c:
Puzzles101

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby autumnal. » Fri Jul 21, 2017 3:40 pm

How well will the game work on such a tiny screen, though? I have Dual Destinies and Apollo Justice on my iPod Touch and playing those games on there is awful. I wish it was like Mystery Brothers where we could get a free portion to test it out before buying it. :\

All of the DR games that have been released in the west are on Steam (including the shooter Ultra Despair Girls) so you don't need a Vita to play any of them. DRV3 is even being released on Steam the same day it's being released on the Vita/PS4 so there's that as well.

And yeah, like I said, the new one shouldn't be attached to the HPA arc at all, so I'm starting to think you won't even have to have watched DR3 or played the other two games in order to not miss out on anything. What's more is that I heard that DRV3 has a really controversial ending that may or may not have ruined the franchise for some people so I'm pretty excited to play it. I wonder if there'll be a different villain than the main one? I'm also lowkey wanting Kamukura, or at least the Izuru Kamukura Project to be important in some way, or at least referenced. I really like Kamukura. Just the idea of him was so neat. I know some people hated it, but I loved it.
autumnal.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Puzzles101 » Sat Jul 22, 2017 4:00 am

Yeah, the Izuru Kamukura project idea was really interesting, I give you that,
but what happened because of it with the Reserve Course kinda of ticked me off about what Nagito said to Hajime, if you know what I'm talking about. I liked Class 77 a little better than Class 78, but they are both great nonetheless.

I might not be playing DR3 since I already think that the DR story is complete, but I'll still take a look at it to see what it is.

Have you seen the DGS2 Demo sub yet? I think it was really well made, like any demo released.
Puzzles101

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby autumnal. » Sat Jul 22, 2017 8:36 am

Could you be a little more specific about what you're talking about? The only thing I can think of was when Nagito was being a jerk during the third case when he found out Hajime didn't have a talent. And are you talking about the Tragedy of Hope's Peak Academy that Junko set up to try to get Kamukura to help her with her plan to throw the world into despair? And the big separation of the reserve course students and the main course ones?

I haven't seen anything of DGS2. I haven't even finished watching the first one and to be honest I'm kind of thinking I won't. I forgot that watching people play AA makes me sleepy for some reason. Did the demo open up with you playing Susato, though? I heard she pretends she's Ryunosuke's cousin for one reason or another or something.
autumnal.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby holmes221B » Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:59 am

I'm back.

The demo did open up with that, but of course there was a cutscene (sorry if that was Puzzles's question, I thought I would answer something since I'm back). There are also some new soundtrack music from DGS2 that came out as well, like Susato's Objection theme.

"Sherlock Holmes. Surely you've heard of me?"

xxImage
Imagexx
- Sherlock Holmes
(Dai Gyakuten Saiban)

holmes221B

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Puzzles101 » Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:59 am

To be more specific, I am talking about when Nagito was telling Hajime that he has no talent and was basically harrassing him verbally any chance he got in the fourth case, and yes, what you said about the Reserve Course. Also the fact that Nagito was being a jerk in the third case as well (was it the third?). It was a great arc nonetheless.

To be honest, I am just glad that everyone in DR2 is alive, besides you know, Chiaki. I remember crying my eyes out when Tanaka was executed (he is my favourite, so you can probably see why) along with Chiaki's and Peko's execution.
Honestly, the Danganronpa games really want to kill off the ones that I considered my favourites, unlike Ace Attorney. (Well, there are some cases that AA did kill some of my favourites along the way). :c

Yes, the game of DGS2 did start out with Susato in the beginning, being called Ryutarou Naruhodou since Japanese females aren't allowed in the courtroom profession, as said in the game. In fact, I think she did become an attorney due to Kazuma Asougi and Ryuunosuke Naruhodou, and she does actually think of the two of them a lot, even acting as them too. c:
Puzzles101

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me