Ace Attorney!

Games, Movies, TV, YouTube, Books and Music - discuss it all here!

Re: Ace Attorney!

Postby Puzzles101 » Mon Mar 06, 2017 9:52 am

Oh haha, I didn't realise that you were talking about Frank Sahwit. Yeah, I missed Shi-Long Lang in GK2 as well as he is one of my favourites in AAI. Courtney is sort of, how do I put this, bratty and annoying (agreeing with holmes221B). I felt that she was trying to push Edgeworth out of the way so that she could hide the truth.
As for Sebastian Debeste, I really like his character (despite him being idiotic, haha). If anyone sees him again, take a look at his hair, resembling a question mark most of the time and then turning into an exclamation point when he is surprised. His theme songs fit his personality too.
I had to.
Puzzles101

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby autumnal. » Mon Mar 06, 2017 11:57 am

I liked Courtney's design and the ideas behind the character but I don't like how they wrote her. She was very blandly done. I mean she didn't even insult Edgeworth. It was just:

"Look here, you missed something. Here's some new evidence. I'll take away your badge now. Hand it over."

"Haha, no. You missed something too and I'll prove it."

"Oh. Well you can keep your badge, then. See you in the next case!"

I really, really liked Debeste. I liked how the writers subtly wrote his relationship with Courtney—I thought it was nice. And you know what else is nice? Seeing Edgeworth sort of take him under his wing during case five.
autumnal.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby holmes221B » Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:35 am

I have to agree with you. Okay, I have to say that I am watching a walkthrough of Investigations 2 :lol:.

Anyways, I finished the fourth case. I liked seeing how Sebastian got to the truth before anybody else. I also liked seeing how he developed throughout the hearing at the P.I.C. Meeting Room. And yes, Courtney kept on using Edgeworth's badge as a shield. Even the characters in the game (such as Franziska, I think) mentioned that she kept on using Edgeworth's badge against him.

A couple of days ago, I found music from the Ace Attorney games called Gyakuten Meets Orchestra. I listened to the music, and I loved how they orchestrated it! If you haven't heard it, then I suggest listening to it :D.

"Sherlock Holmes. Surely you've heard of me?"

xxImage
Imagexx
- Sherlock Holmes
(Dai Gyakuten Saiban)

holmes221B

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby autumnal. » Tue Mar 07, 2017 5:15 pm

What I really liked about Sebastian figuring it out was that it showed off the relationship he has with his father. This is probably really obvious to everyone, but it really kicked off his character arc. Now that we're talking about it, I really enjoyed Sebastian more than I thought I did.

To be completely fair to Courtney, she was essentially sent to Edgeworth to monitor him if he did something that would get him disbarred. Off-topic, but ironically, Phoenix got disbarred three weeks or so later. Him making random accusations like "that man" is enough to edge himself off the cliff. Even so, it got old. I think the most I enjoyed her was when she went to see Edgeworth in the detention center. It really made me interested in what was going on in her head. I wish we got to see more of that.

The orchestral music's great, I agree. They even got a singer to perform Guitar's Serenade. Hey, speaking of, I've been wanting to GIF the lyrics to SoJ and how it...relates to Apollo but I wasn't able to figure out exactly how. Any ideas/suggestions?
autumnal.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Puzzles101 » Wed Mar 08, 2017 1:04 am

Lyrics to the OST of SOJ? Well, I don't know about that.
Do you mean the Dance of Devotion or something?
Puzzles101

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Apollo Justice » Wed Mar 08, 2017 1:34 am

If you are looking for the lyrics to the Dance of Devotion, they're on the wiki. Other than that, I can't remember any other songs in the OST have lyrics. I mean, the credits music has lyrics, but that's just an extended version of the Dance of Devotion.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
~ Hello there ~
------------------------------------
My name's Apollo Justice, yo!
------------------------------------
I like Ace Attorney (duh),
retro gaming, Gravity Falls,
drawing, and some other stuff.

I'm still upset over Romein Le'touse's name pun.

Come and check out my AA trash blog!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Apollo Justice

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby autumnal. » Wed Mar 08, 2017 4:28 am

Ah, no, I'm talking about the lyrics to Guitar's Serenade to 6-5. A lot of people have already made the ironic connection between them and I want to put it in image form.
autumnal.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Puzzles101 » Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:25 am

Funny, I don't remember Guitar Serenade in SOJ.
Is that the one which played in AJ or DD?
I'm just guessing here. XD
Puzzles101

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby autumnal. » Wed Mar 08, 2017 3:17 pm

The lyrics in Guitar's Serenade parallel the events that happen in SoJ, is what I'm trying to say. I want to show how they do specifically in a GIFset and don't know exactly how to do it.
autumnal.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby holmes221B » Wed Mar 08, 2017 3:24 pm

I'm suggesting something, though it may not work. :lol:

Have GIFs that contain the events (I think) that you want, and maybe put the lyrics on each event that matches with the lyrics?
That is my interpretation of the problem. Sorry if it is wrong. :lol:

"Sherlock Holmes. Surely you've heard of me?"

xxImage
Imagexx
- Sherlock Holmes
(Dai Gyakuten Saiban)

holmes221B

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes