music discussion! - reviews, opinions, etc. [new rule!]

Games, Movies, TV, YouTube, Books and Music - discuss it all here!

Re: music discussion! - reviews, opinions, etc.

Postby Estarya » Wed Aug 02, 2017 12:41 pm

favorite artist, and why; I'll list my top 5 since I can't really choose just one!
[Ariana Grande]
| Although she lacks often in technique and she can sometimes be inconsistent, I absolutely love her tone. Her lows are dark yet remain sweet and her mid-belts, falsetto, and upper belts are achieved usually with such ease and with a girlish and airy tone that I love a lot. While the majority of her songs are pop, she has some nice tracks that have a unique beat to them (these are usually not her singles and big hits). Notable listen(s): Be Alright, Touch It, Tattooed Heart
[Ruelle]
| Her voice is mysterious and dark and I love that her music is more diverse in theme and can be related to be a wider audience. To me, her voice can be soothing and can lull you to sleep, but at the same time it intrigues you and makes you want to listen to more. Notable listen(s): War of Hearts, Rival, The Other Side
[Nine Lashes]
: This band is amazing to me because they've experimented with different sounds. They started out as a bit more "heavy" but then experimented with some EDM beats recently and have even done acoustic tracks. The lead singer has a very nice voice because it can be dark and strong but also mellow and gentle and that really fits the mood of the songs made. This is a Christian band, and while I'm not personally religious, I believe they appeal to more than just one audience of people because they've done songs ranging from one's spirituality, to love, to remorse, etc. Notable listen(s): Anthem of the Lonely, Break the World, Ascend

[Starset]
: This is a cinematic rock band! I love that they incorporate instruments such as violin into their music. Their songs, in my opinion, have a lot of replay value and I genuinely feel that each song is well composed and has meaning because the instrumentals are all so different, have such different lyrics, and yet are all connected to the backstory of the band: conspiracy, space, science, etc. The lead singer sings with a lot of emotion, in my opinion, and the acoustic versions of the band's songs really reflect that. Notable listen(s): Halo, Monster, Ricochet
[Dead by April]
: This band is of the metalcore genre, if I'm not mistaken. They've gone through a ton of band member changes, but I love the contrast between the hard-core instruments' sounds, the melodic and even sometimes EDM instrumental track, the screaming, and the lead singer's light vocals. Their lyrics aren't too deep, in my opinion, but they sure are catchy sometimes. Notable Listen(s): As A Butterfly, Losing You, Crushable
[Blackbear]
: This artist is one of the more recent artists I've added to my favorites. The lyrics in his music are so relatable and I guess you could say "uncensored" in the sense that he sings things the way he knows and in a very blunt manner; he doesn't dance around a subject and his lyrics are straightforward. Notable Listen(s): IDFC, do re mi, Deadroses
favorite song, and why; My favorite song is constantly changing, but at the moment it is "No promises" by Cheat Codes featuring Demi Lovato. The beat is catchy, very much EDM, but I also love how Demi and Trevor's vocals sound so beautiful together. Trevor's voice is very soothing and Demi's is very powerful but also soft. The lyrics also really relate to how I feel about how a relationship should be (lived in the moment, people remain themselves, etc).
favorite album, and why; As with my favorite song, my favorite album is always changing. My current favorite album is the "Shadowhunters: The Mortal Instruments" album, featuring music from the Shadowhunters TV show. A lot of the music on the album gives off a very relaxing vibe, but a lot of the songs also feature really deep messages.
favorite genre;answer here // My favorite genres are dance pop, tropical house, and metalcore.
favorite music news source [if any];answer here // I don't really have any, other than Spotify notifications.
least favorite artist, and why;answer here // If I was forced to choose a least favorite artist, it would probably be Drake. I don't really like the sound of his music and I can't really relate to any of the lyrics, so I tend to not listen to him.
least favorite song, and why;answer here // I'm not particularly fond of the song "Firework" by Katy Perry. I don't really like her tone of voice, but that's just my personal preference.
favorite music serviceanswer here // Definitely Spotify and Soundcloud
favorite platform? (records, cds, digital, etc.);Digital
Estarya

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby MeltiTheDragon » Wed Aug 02, 2017 1:24 pm

@Adalana - I love Starset! :3 I actually saw them at a local rock festival and the quality of their performance blew me away. My favorite song from them is My Demons.

I'm really itching to see some sort of concert though. There just isn't any concert in the area that's feasible right now. I can't BELIEVE that Queens of the Stone Age with Royal Blood aren't coming nearby though. Best tour ever and I won't get to see it.
Melti The Dragon
✚✚✚Autistic
✚✚✚Furry
✚✚✚Artist, Musician, Improv Comedian

If I've forgotten something, feel free to give me a little nudge!

I'm a Moderator for PS Adoptables! <3 Check them out! >>
Also, if you do decided to check it out, please consider noting I referred you!

Other Sites I'm On
{ Deviantart } ✚ { Furaffinity } ✚ { Toyhou.se }
{ Art Fight } ✚ { Refsheet } ✚ { Aywas }
Tracker Pages
{ Cascadeclan } ✚ { Sosna Gora } ✚ { Kingdom of Thorns }
{ Lucentclan } ✚ { Hlien Fuléao-anisth } ✚ { Sunset Bridge Business }

✚✚✚Formerly Known as Diamondshine101
    [C] - GreenGummies (sig art), sweathie (avatar)
MeltiTheDragon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby laura palmer. » Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:33 pm

ack sorry ive been so busy!
i just saw green day on the 2nd, and oh
my goodness. absolutely insane. we got
close tickets because a friend had a ho-
okup. it was crazy good. i see spoon in
exactly a week, im super duper excited
for that show! then in early september,
im seeing mac demarco, and possibly g-
lass animals. after that we've got bleac-
hers, courtney barnett, kurt vile, and f-
inally halsey!
laura palmer.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby yves » Thu Aug 24, 2017 2:39 am

favorite artist, and why: i have multiple but my current favourite (since, like, 2015) is PVRIS. i adore their aesthetic and they really are a talented bunch . . . and they are beautiful people wth surely this attractiveness is illegal??? their lyrics are also amazing and creative and i'm??? i'm just going to stop. though i also am a huge fan of dodie clark, troye sivan, paramore, lorde, emma blackery, blackpink, red velvet and lots more that i inevitably forgot to list??
      favorite song, and why: i also have toNS but list any song by PVRIS and i'll love it 'til the end of time. "anyone else" and "let them in" are probably my two favourites. the former because the lyrics are BEAUTIFUL, the music video is BEAUTIFUL (and gay wth i love it), the harp at the end is BEAUTIFUL. and the latter because i love the lyrics so much and they hold significant value to me?? my other favourite songs also include "heaven" by troye sivan, "perfect places" by lorde & "fake happy" by paramore!
      favorite album, and why: all we know of heaven, all we need of hell by PVRIS. it hasn't come out yet (two days!), but i know it'll be my favourite. i mean, they've released 50% of the album already.
      favorite genre: i don't really have a favourite genre, per se. if i like the song—then i like the song. i mean, as long as it isn't rap because i can't stand it, to be honest.
      favorite music news source [if any]: i mean . . . kerrang! and other similar magazines (rocksound, etc.) but recently i've only been getting issues if i find them interesting because the subscription was getting expensive. i still read articles online, though, on an array of websites.
      least favorite artist, and why: lol i don't really like anything along the lines of drake.
      least favorite song, and why: i don't?? really?? have one?? well, not a definitive least favourite, but there are songs that i really cannot stand and won't listen to again.
      favorite music service: spotify. and youtube, i guess? they're only really what i use to listen to music lmao.
      favorite platform? (records, cds, digital, etc.): digital and cds. i've heard vinyl sounds v good but they're v expensive for an aspiring adult with no money, no hope like myself.

yves

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby snakeman » Thu Aug 24, 2017 7:09 am

Just thought I'd drop some of the songs I've been enjoying lately in here... I'm bored and anxious and confused right now (for more than a few reasons) and I feel like this would help me a bit so here you go, listen if you want, I don't mind

Quiche Lorraine
Good Pushin' / Hal McBlaine / Red Light Green Light
(that feel when the band's so obscure you can't find the songs on their own on youtube)
Dance This Mess Around
Pepper
Feed The Mantaray
Love, Hate, Love
Dakota
Rock Lobster
52 Girls
Planet Claire
snakeman

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby guernica » Thu Aug 24, 2017 10:16 am

favorite artist, and why;It's a tough toss up, but I'd probably have to say Brand New. Their music has like really helped me move through tough times.
favorite song, and why;Guernica. It helped me to move on and deal with my aunt's passing about 5 years ago.
favorite album, and why;Deja Entendu. Nostalgia. It was the first album I ever heard from them and immediately fell in love.
favorite genre; Classic rock, pop punk.
favorite music news source [if any];Alternative Press
least favorite artist, and why;Poison, Bret Michaels just really bothers me?
least favorite song, and why;Every Rose Has Its Thorn. IT'S SO OVERPLAYED.
favorite music serviceSpotify
favorite platform? (records, cds, digital, etc.);Mmmmmh, vinyl and digital.
let's all go play nagasaki
we can all get vaporized
len | he/him
med student | trekkie | gecko & cat owner
hold my hand, let's turn to ash
i'll see you on the other side
guernica

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ciconia » Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:08 am

atm i really really love vocaloid! i think maika, gumi, and hatsune miku are my favorites rn.. i used to be so critical of vocaloid but i gave it a chance and now its one of my hyperfixations lool
ciconia

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby wittebane » Thu Aug 24, 2017 3:34 pm

@sakura miku; i love vocaloid too!!! i's a lot more versatile than people give it credit for, honestly. do you listen to any english vocaloids?? avanna is a really good one to listen to if you're not familiar with any english ones!
wittebane

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby laura palmer. » Fri Aug 25, 2017 4:44 am

ive been off of cs for such a long
time, but im gonna be back for a bit now!
today this thread will be under construction,
as im going to be doing a bit of remolding!
im quite excited!!
have a good day!
xx

there's a new sign-up sheet! and a new rule :)
feel free to update your sign-up if you'd like!
laura palmer.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: music discussion! - reviews, opinions, etc. [new rule!]

Postby laura palmer. » Fri Aug 25, 2017 5:09 am

UPDATED SIGN-UP

favorite artist? why?: twenty one pilots. i guess im kinda cliche, but they saved my life & i just really love them. i saw them live for the first time in may, and it was absolutely amazing. best day ever.
all-time favorite song? why?: from nowhere by dan croll. not sure why.
least favorite artist? why?: taylor swift. snake.
current favorite song? why?: babes by hockey dad. the guitar always makes me happy. it just sounds so good.
favorite album?: flower boy by tyler, the creator.
favorite music news source?: rolling stone or nme. sometimes thrasher has good stuff.
favorite music platform?: vinyl
who have you seen live?: jack white, social distortion, courtney barnett, panic! at the disco, twenty one pilots, mgmt, bleachers, blitzen trapper, green day, catfish and the bottlemen, and sir mixalot.
Last edited by laura palmer. on Tue Aug 29, 2017 6:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
laura palmer.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me