//- The Shadowhunter Chronicles Fanclub -|

Games, Movies, TV, YouTube, Books and Music - discuss it all here!

Re: Shadowhunters - A Shadowhunters Fanclub

Postby Pied_piper » Sun Sep 17, 2017 2:30 pm

aghh I'm gonna be in college before the second book even comes out for the malec series. T^T Thanks for the info though. I can't wait for that Graphic novel!! It comes out on Halloween which is pretty neat because I'm planning to have my outfit be a shadowhunter

xxImage
┏──────────────────────────┓
Hi there!I'm always very friendly
and I've never been rude so PM me!
I like Kpop,mostly KNK &Astro, journaling, and dramas
KPOP DISCORD SERVER: https://discord.gg/NyJRGTu

┖──────────────────────────┚
▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆
ImagexxImagexxImage

xxxImage
═══════════════
xx
xxxxxImage

xImage
▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆
©~Sig song~Music~Fanfic~Wuji

xx Image
xxxImage
xxxxxxImagexxxxxxImagexxxxxxImagexxxxxxImage
xxxImage
Pied_piper

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Shadowhunters - A Shadowhunters Fanclub

Postby ProjectIcarus » Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:01 pm

Bangtan_Animegirl wrote:aghh I'm gonna be in college before the second book even comes out for the malec series. T^T Thanks for the info though. I can't wait for that Graphic novel!! It comes out on Halloween which is pretty neat because I'm planning to have my outfit be a shadowhunter

Sweet! I dressed up as Emma Carstairs last year, and my friend dressed as Alec. Are you going as anyone specific?
----------☆--☆--☆----------
Not too active on here anymore, but I still check in from time to time!
^ Click for artist's shop!
----------☆--☆--☆----------

She/they • artist
My Flight RisingInstagramArtfightToyHouse
ProjectIcarus

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

//- Fandom Lingo and Other Acronyms -|

Postby rocoboq » Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:57 am

I used to have a link to an outside source for this kind of thing, but it seems as though the page has been removed. Therefore, I chose to take it upon myself to create a new one right here with a bit more detail. I am likely missing some terms, so if anyone has suggestions, please let me know so I can add it. Enjoy!

Fandom Lingo
      Fandom
        A group of individuals obsessing over a common book series/TV show/movie series/etc. Some fandoms are divided into different groups depending a person's preference on media platform.
        ex. The Shadowhunters fandom is centered around The Shadowhunters Chronicles, Shadowhunters (TV), and The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones (the movie), though some prefer one over another.
      Canon
        A factual event within the series.
        ex. Luke is a werewolf. Clary is a Shadowhunter.
      Fanon/Headcanon
        A commonly accepted idea/concept within a fandom.
        ex. In fanfiction, some people will write about different characters and their made-up children. The children would be fanon.
      Fanart
        Art created for a certain piece of literature.
        ex. Joseph drew a picture of Clary painting a sunset. Hannah created a digital image showing Jace's progression.
      Fanfiction, Fic
        Ameteur writings based off of fictional events.
        ex. Some people write about non-canon events within the series.
      Ship/Shipping
        Two or more people a person thinks would make a good couple. People ship characters for many reasons such as aesthetics, chemistry, etc.
        ex. Malec (Magnus Bane and Alec Lightwood) is a common ship among the fandom.
      OC/Original Character
        A character created by a fan to fit within the universe of a particular piece of literature.
        ex. Gerald Greyjoy is a boy I just made up who was adopted by Isabelle Lightwood.
      Crackship
        A ship that does not make much sense or is meant in a joking manner. It could be between characters in one fandom or even cross-fandom.
        ex. Lydia Martin (Teen Wolf) and Clary Fairchild would be considered a crack ship.
      Rare Pair
        A ship/pairing that is not common among a fandom.
        ex. Ragnor Fell and Raphael Santiago are a rare pair because they do not have a large fanbase.
      OTP
        Stands for "one true pairing." Was originally meant to label one's favorite ship, but is now simply something one would call a collection of their favorite ships.
        ex. While Sally may like Clace, Clizzy, Jimon, and Saphael, only Clace and Jimon are her OTPs.
      OT3, OT4, etc.
        A label for a ship involving three or more people. Number changes based on the number of people in the polyamorous ship.
        ex. Kierarktina (Kieran Kingson, Mark Blackthorn, and Cristina Rosales) and Herongraystairs (William Herondale, Tessa Gray, and Jem Carstairs) are two examples of OT3s.

Fanfiction Lingo
      Het
        Fanfiction based on a heterosexual (male/female) couple.
        ex. Fanfiction written for Clace (Clary Fairchild and Jace Herondale).
      Slash
        Fanfiction written for a gay/homosexual couple (male/male).
        ex. Fanfiction written for Saphael (Simon Lewis and Raphael Santiago).
      Femslash
        Fanfiction written for a lesbian/homosexual couple (female/female).
        ex. Fanfiction written for Clizzy (Clary Fairchild and Isabelle Lightwood).
      Lemon/Smut
        Sexual content.
        ex. A smut or lemon fanfiction would involve sexual content of any kind.
      Gen/General
        Fanfiction that is not centered around a particular pairing.
        ex. A piece of fanfiction that re-writes the series to have Simon turn into a werewolf rather than a vampire.
      Genderbent
        Changes the gender of a character (non-canonical).
        ex. Fanfiction that writes Jace as a woman rather than a man.
      Crackfic
        Fanfiction that makes absolutely no sense or was written as a joke.
        ex. Fanfiction about Mark Blackthorn paired with a lamp with a stone base.
      AU
        An alternate universe or re-telling of a story.
        ex. Writing in a universe where everyone is human/there are no shadowhunters, downworlders, demons, and angels.
      OOC
        Stands for "out of character." Means a character war portrayed in a manner different from how they would behave in canon.
        ex. Writing a biphobic Alec Lightwood.
      Beta (Beta'd, Beta read, Beta reader)
        Proof-readers/sounding boards for helping authors improve. They will not only act as an editor, but also help improve story, plot, and characterization.
        ex. Lisa beta'd a fanfiction for Joseph by helping him fill in many plot holes and inconsistencies he had within his story.
      ___k
        The rough number of words in a fanfiction.
        ex. A 21k fanfiction would have about 21 thousand words. a 3k fic would have roughly three thousand words.
      Big Bang
        A major event in which authors and artists sign up to get paired together. Authors write fanfiction (sometimes with a minimum word limit) and are paired up with an artist to create fanart for the fic.
        ex. During the TSC Big Bang, Nancy wrote a 30k fic and was paired up with Lily, who drew the ballroom scene.
      Crossover
        The bringing together of different pieces of literature.
        ex. Marvel's The Defenders series is a crossover of Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, and Iron Fist.
      Darkfic
        A piece of fanfiction with a dark central theme.
        ex. A fic that emphasizes torture, abuse, terror, etc.
      Drabble
        A fic that is short in length. Usually around 100-500 words in length, though can be shorter.
        ex. Jolene wrote a 350-word drabble on how Clary and Simon spent their afternoon in a cafe.
      Dub-con
        Stands for "dubious consent." Usually means consent in sexual situations within a fic was not entirely clear or the situation was uncomfortable due to an outside force.
        ex. Sex pollen is a common trope in which characters usually have dubious consent.
      Established Relationship
        The main relationship within a fic has already been formed before the events of the fic.
        ex. Even though Ferdinand was writing about Malec's first date, his fic was tagged "Established Relationship" because they had already agreed to date beforehand.
      Pre-slash/pre-relationship
        Indicates the fanfiction begins and ends without the main pairing having agreed to date yet. However, it suggests they eventually will.
        ex. When Jose wrote a Climon fanfiction and tagged it "pre-relationship," Simon and Clary were not dating yet.

The Shadowhunter Chronicles-Specific Terminology
      TSC
        The Shadowhunter Chronicles
      TMI
        The Mortal Instruments
      CoB
        City of Bones
      CoA
        City of Ashes
      CoG
        City of Glass
      CoFA
        City of Fallen Angels
      CoLS
        City of Lost Souls
      CoHF
        City of Heavenly Fire
      TDA
        The Dark Artifices
      LM
        Lady Midnight
      LoS
        Lord of Shadows
      QoAaD/QoAD
        Queen of Air and Darkness
      TID
        The Infernal Devices
      CA
        Clockwork Angel
      CP
        Clockwork Prince
      CP2
        Clockwork Princess
      TLH
        The Last Hours
      TWP
        The Wicked Powers
      TEC/The Malec Series
        The Eldest Curses
      GotSM
        Ghosts of the Shadowhunter Market
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
the biggest nerd
working a lot
adult player

──── istp ────
newbie guide
important links
adopt a newbie
help ticket

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
rocoboq

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

//- News! -|

Postby rocoboq » Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:06 am

Recently, Cassandra Clare announced another series of short stories (similar to the Bane Chronicles and Tales from the Shadowhunter Academy), except this is focused around the little things in the world of Shadowhunters, with each featuring our beloved Jem Carstairs! Each installment in itself will focus on a different character, though. It will have ten total short stories, the first installment being called Son of the Dawn, and will be about the first time Jace meets Alec and Isabelle. The official release date is currently scheduled to be sometime in August 2018, and the full compiliation will be released sometime in 2019 (I'm willing to guess it would be in June or July if she releases one short story per month). Here is the description posted on the Shadowhunters Wiki:
    The Shadow Market is a meeting point for faeries, werewolves, warlocks and vampires. There the Downworlders buy and sell magical objects, make dark bargains, and whisper secrets they do not want the Nephilim to know. Through two centuries, however, there has been a frequent visitor to the Shadow Market from the City of Bones, the very heart of the Shadowhunters. As a Silent Brother, Brother Zachariah is sworn keeper of the laws and lore of the Nephilim. But once he was a Shadowhunter called Jem Carstairs, and his love, then and always, is the warlock Tessa Gray.

Follow Brother Zachariah and see, against the backdrop of the Shadow Market’s dark dealings and festive celebrations, Anna Lightwood's first romance, Matthew Fairchild's great sin and Tessa Gray plunged into a world war. Valentine Morgenstern buys a soul at the Market and a young Jace Wayland's soul finds safe harbor. In the Market is hidden a lost heir and a beloved ghost, and no one can save you once you have traded away your heart. Not even Brother Zachariah...

Also, for a bit of sadder news: The release date of the Mortal Insruments Graphic Novel (first installment) has been pushed back a week to November 7th due to some shipping issues, but it looks like some people may have been able to get their hands on it on the original release date nonetheless. November 7th is the new release date, and Cassandra Clare and Cassandra Jean have been releasing one piece of art in the style of the graphic novel daily for a week until the release of it. Make sure to snatch it once it hits stores near you!
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
the biggest nerd
working a lot
adult player

──── istp ────
newbie guide
important links
adopt a newbie
help ticket

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
rocoboq

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: //- The Shadowhunter Chronicles Fanclub -|

Postby passione » Sun Dec 24, 2017 8:56 pm

I'm dropping by to say hi because I legit bought lady midnight because it looked good and now I'm addicted and I love ty blackthorn.

I'm officially joining this fan club when I at least read several more books and get started on the tv show c;
▉▉
▉▉
▉▉
▉▉
▉▉
▉▉
▉▉
▉▉
▉▉
▉▉
I WISH I COULD
I WISH I COULD
I WISH I COULD
I WISH I COULD

┌────────────────┐

yo. i'm xia. gone from cs but never
forgotten. find me on fr!

i like jjba, lunch club and bts.
suffering from jschlatt brainrot.

they/them pronouns please

└────────────────┘
LOVE MYSELF
LOVE MYSELF
LOVE MYSELF
LOVE MYSELF
▉▉
▉▉
▉▉
▉▉
▉▉
▉▉
▉▉
▉▉
▉▉
▉▉
passione

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Wilfus » Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:21 pm

Is this place dead? Cause I really am hoping not.
Sup! I'm Wilfus, but you can call me Jewels. Discord: wilfus#9831.
ImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage Glambert
Pet's name: Jewels <3

ImageImageImageImageImage
Wilfus

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby rocoboq » Tue May 14, 2019 10:30 am

if anyone's interested in trying to revive this fandom, i might update the front page. o.o
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
the biggest nerd
working a lot
adult player

──── istp ────
newbie guide
important links
adopt a newbie
help ticket

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
rocoboq

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ghostmaker » Thu Oct 10, 2019 11:02 am

FACILIS DESCENSUS AVERNI

★ Username
      lovelace.
    ★ Nicknames
      mochi !!
    ★ Who are you?
      hello !! i'm mochi :) i love reading, writing, drawing, watching tv, and sleeping. i have 2 dogs & a hamster
    ★ How did you discover TSC?
      tbh i found the TV show first so i decided to read the books & discovered that i preferred the books over the show haha
    ★ How Many Of The Books Have You Read?
      i've read all of the currently released ones!!
    ★ What's Your Favorite Ship?
      my favorite ships are probably malec, sizzy, kitty, and herongraystairs :')
    ★ And Your Favorite Character?
      alec, kit, jessamine, will, or jem!!
    ★ What About Your Favorite Book?
      definitely clockwork princess.
    ★ And Finally, What's Your Favorite Quote?
      i'm gonna be honest, it's probably "Jem went inside to his wife and his baby and his boy, to his long-awaited home," because i absolutely ADORE when jem calls kit his boy & also it just shows how happy jem is now <3
THE DESCENT INTO HELL IS EASY
mars • he/they/she • adult
ghostmaker

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me