What's Your Favorite Anime?

Games, Movies, TV, YouTube, Books and Music - discuss it all here!

Re: What's Your Favorite Anime?

Postby StrawhatPirate » Fri Jul 31, 2020 2:55 am

Bump
ImageImage

StrawhatPirate

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ScruffyAlexHS » Fri Jul 31, 2020 4:24 am

Soul Eater. So goood

xxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

𝙇𝙚𝙩 𝙐𝙨 𝙎𝙩𝙖𝙧𝙩 𝙏𝙝𝙚 𝙂𝙖𝙢𝙚

Scruffy - She/Her
Joker is my son

[size=200]xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
ScruffyAlexHS

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby StrawhatPirate » Mon Aug 03, 2020 11:20 am

Bump
ImageImage

StrawhatPirate

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby StrawhatPirate » Wed Aug 05, 2020 2:28 pm

Bump!
ImageImage

StrawhatPirate

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Jenneta » Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:54 pm

I can't pick one, honestly, because I have a lot that are my favorites for different reasons. :)
But, if I had to narrow it down, my favorites are...
1. Princess Tutu
2. No.6
3. A3!
I started watching Princess Tutu all the way back in 2010, and it was the first anime I ever really got into (since I'm sure I watched some anime back when I was even younger, I just don't remember it therefore I don't want to say it was my first anime ever. :)) When I was younger, I remember absolutely loving the plot and the voices (I watched the dub on Youtube I think; not sure how I got there though haha) of the characters and just how whimsical it was. Now, forward ten years later, I re-watched the entire series again a couple months ago on Hulu and I still love Princess Tutu for the reasons I loved it ten years ago plus more. I love the premise, the story, the strong characterizations of the main four characters as well as the side characters, love the whimsical feel of it...But also the messages the story sends (or at least the messages I took away from it), like: "You're more capable than you seem." for example. It's forever going to be one of my favorite pieces of media in general. ♥

No.6, I adore and love for lots of the same reasons as Princess Tutu: it's a wonderful and intriguing premise with strong characters and with such important and spectacular messages it sends about environment, government corruption, etc. I got into No.6 through an old friend recommending it to me, and I've been in love with everything about it ever since. Just like Princess Tutu, No.6 is one of my favorite pieces of media ever.

Finally, a much more recent anime, A3! is a..well, a lot like PT and No.6 for me, haha! I love the story behind it, the stories and personalities each character has, the messages associated with each character, the humor in the story, the heartwarming interactions between the characters...And so much more. I got into the A3! anime because I'm a huge fan of the game, so naturally I wanted to watch all my beloved characters on screen too. 🥰

There's so many more that I'd consider favorites, such as: Saiki K, Ouran Highschool Host Club, City Hunter and Blackjack. Saiki K and Ouran for great characters, silly plots and surprisingly heartwarming scenes, and City Hunter and Blackjack for their also great characters, action scenes and more dramatic plot lines (they're classics for a reason, in my opinion. 🥰)
Jenneta

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby StrawhatPirate » Sat Aug 08, 2020 12:58 pm

Jenneta wrote:I can't pick one, honestly, because I have a lot that are my favorites for different reasons. :)
But, if I had to narrow it down, my favorites are...
1. Princess Tutu
2. No.6
3. A3!
I started watching Princess Tutu all the way back in 2010, and it was the first anime I ever really got into (since I'm sure I watched some anime back when I was even younger, I just don't remember it therefore I don't want to say it was my first anime ever. :)) When I was younger, I remember absolutely loving the plot and the voices (I watched the dub on Youtube I think; not sure how I got there though haha) of the characters and just how whimsical it was. Now, forward ten years later, I re-watched the entire series again a couple months ago on Hulu and I still love Princess Tutu for the reasons I loved it ten years ago plus more. I love the premise, the story, the strong characterizations of the main four characters as well as the side characters, love the whimsical feel of it...But also the messages the story sends (or at least the messages I took away from it), like: "You're more capable than you seem." for example. It's forever going to be one of my favorite pieces of media in general. ♥

No.6, I adore and love for lots of the same reasons as Princess Tutu: it's a wonderful and intriguing premise with strong characters and with such important and spectacular messages it sends about environment, government corruption, etc. I got into No.6 through an old friend recommending it to me, and I've been in love with everything about it ever since. Just like Princess Tutu, No.6 is one of my favorite pieces of media ever.

Finally, a much more recent anime, A3! is a..well, a lot like PT and No.6 for me, haha! I love the story behind it, the stories and personalities each character has, the messages associated with each character, the humor in the story, the heartwarming interactions between the characters...And so much more. I got into the A3! anime because I'm a huge fan of the game, so naturally I wanted to watch all my beloved characters on screen too. 🥰

There's so many more that I'd consider favorites, such as: Saiki K, Ouran Highschool Host Club, City Hunter and Blackjack. Saiki K and Ouran for great characters, silly plots and surprisingly heartwarming scenes, and City Hunter and Blackjack for their also great characters, action scenes and more dramatic plot lines (they're classics for a reason, in my opinion. 🥰)

I totally agree with you!! One Piece has taught me so many things that I will hold with me til the day I die. It’s taught me that you should never give up, even when you think you can’t go on. Anime in general has taught me that there are people in this world that do care about the little things in life. I appreciate that a lot. Thank you so much for sharing!!

P.S. Ouran High School Host Club is so good!! I love it so much!
ImageImage

StrawhatPirate

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby StrawhatPirate » Mon Aug 10, 2020 11:21 am

Bump
ImageImage

StrawhatPirate

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Wild Mothman » Tue Aug 11, 2020 1:36 am

Top Anime for me. I'm a slice of lifey, Shojou anime style viewer for the most part (my tv diet gets filled with action from western media) I'm for dubs if they are handled right as an accessibility thing, (dyslexic friend who loves anime and I love being able to recommend stuff to them)

Howl's moving castle, CCS, Host Club, Love live, Your Name, Aggresuko, Revue starlight and My next Life as a villianess. I've see a few other things but these are the ones that have had the biggest impact on my life and ones I find myself wanting to go back to.

Howl's moving castle was my first exposure to anime as an artform. and I loved it, until I read the book. I still love it for it's art style, but it's not a faithful adaptation.

CCS. I started with the terrible cardcaptors dub because it was on after school and I could watch it before music lessons. I eventually tracked it down and BINGED IT. I admit the dub is terrible but I can't bring myself to watch with subs. Nostalgia is a funny thing. Clear card is stunning though both dub and sub.

Host club. Loved this. It was charming and funny and so many memes- If you liked that you'll probably enjoy my next life as a villianess.

Aggresuko. aka my angry adulting cartoon. I discovered it after dealing with stressors at work. So funny and relatable and can't wait for season 3. I actually watch this with a family member who doesn't really like anime, same with Yuri on ice actually. But YOI is more of a comfort food anime.

Your name. Beautiful.
and the only anime I really advocate for Subs over Dubs for. Some little cultural things are lost in translation, and so much relies on those in that movie.

Now to Idol/music anime HELL

Love live. my gateway to this beast of a sub genre. It's simple and sweet and there is something nice about a group of friends working together to achieve their dream of saving their school.
Since then I've watched Idolmaster, side M, Cinderella girls, K-on, show by rock, 22/7, Angel Beats and the last anime I'm gonna talk about today

Revue starlight.

Musical theater anime with big ol oof.
I started watching just after episode 3 dropped.
and I knew that this was something special. Cute girls, dramatic singing, sword fights, a giraffe.
Think Love live meets madoka and that's pretty close to what this is in terms of tone I can't say too much without major spoilers.

Bonus rec for Rascal does not dream of bunny girl senpai
Nice tight story arcs, just a solid anime, and the last few episodes and the movie left me in tears.
Wild Mothman

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Aemond » Tue Aug 11, 2020 1:37 am

I like Fairytail alot, I won't be able to watch it all because Netflix only has season 1 so that's just great. 😒
Aemond

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby StrawhatPirate » Tue Aug 11, 2020 1:33 pm

doubloon wrote:I like Fairytail alot, I won't be able to watch it all because Netflix only has season 1 so that's just great. 😒

Noooo!! That’s aweful!! Fairytail is such a good anime!! I started watching it about the same time as One Piece! I binge watched it until the end. Then watched the FairyTail Zero, then FairyTail final series! It totally sucks that Netflix only has one season..!
ImageImage

StrawhatPirate

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me